Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

3Lab The "h" Serum Age-Defying Booster, 1 oz.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Look luminous. This "h" serum age-defying booster helps restore your skin's glow while assisting in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. All skin types can enjoy its benefits--just apply one to two to the neck and decolletage in the morning and at night. From 3Lab.
• Net weight 1 oz
• Made in USA
This was on today on QVC and the above was taken from their (QVC) website. Hey, it’s only $200 for one ounce plus $7.47 for shipping so I am guessing that lots of people jumped right on that. The only good thing is you can try it for 30 days and if you so desire you can return it for a full refund including the $7.47 for shipping. You will only be out the cost to ship it back.

Anyone out there use this? Their website,www.3lab.com directs you to stores that carry their products if you didn’t want to order from QVC,

BTW, the “h” stands for human growth hormone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo, I couldn't find an unbiased review on the H Serum, but I did find one on the 3Lab eye cream that has HGH in it as well. Just something to consider before shelling out the $$$.

http://www.truthinaging.com/2008/02/reviewed-and--3.html#more

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I apologize if anyone thought I was even thinking of buying this. I have been reading this forum and others to know better than to throw away $200 on any product. I think this is just as big of a joke as Amatokin. I have a refrigertor full of such products (bought before I knew better) to make ones head spin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:49 am      Reply with quote
LOL...I definitely thought you were thinking about buying this!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
What products do you use? I am asking because I almost got caught up in the hype of those products and really don't want to spend that much to find a good product. I am looking for something with anti-aging and moisturizing properties. Any input would be of great help.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
What products do you use? I am asking because I almost got caught up in the hype of those products and really don't want to spend that much to find a good product. I am looking for something with anti-aging and moisturizing properties. Any input would be of great help.

Can you give us a little more info about your skin and your age?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Sure! I am 27 and have combo skin that can get sorta oily in the T-zone. In the other areas I am not dry but overall I need moisture otherwise my skin looks tight. I have the beginning signs of laugh lines that really bother me so if you know anything that takes care of that I would really appreciate recommendations. For the eye area I have really small fine lines that are not too noticable and would like something for that area as well.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
Sure! I am 27 and have combo skin that can get sorta oily in the T-zone. In the other areas I am not dry but overall I need moisture otherwise my skin looks tight. I have the beginning signs of laugh lines that really bother me so if you know anything that takes care of that I would really appreciate recommendations. For the eye area I have really small fine lines that are not too noticable and would like something for that area as well.

The 2 things that everyone should be using are Vit A and Vit C.

You are fairly young, so you don't need the heavy duty concentrations yet. I would suggest 302 Skincare, or their new offshoot line called Calmskin which is more focused on anti-aging. Both are quite affordable.

You can learn about both in the 302 thread on the Product Reviews forum.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28855

Keep in mind that recent research is showing that using typical moisturizers can actually cause your skin to stop producing it's own lipids, and some derms (like Dr. Obagi) actually think they speed up the aging of skin. 302 does not recommend using typical moisturizers, and you won't need them when using their topicals.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the input! I have never heard of this line and am now really interested in it. I will probably finish my current skincare before starting it since you can't use products with acid. Do you use this line yourself? Also, what are some heavy duty concentrations you were referring to? I may not need them know but I can look into them for the future.

Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
Thank you so much for the input! I have never heard of this line and am now really interested in it. I will probably finish my current skincare before starting it since you can't use products with acid. Do you use this line yourself? Also, what are some heavy duty concentrations you were referring to? I may not need them know but I can look into them for the future.

Thanks!

I have used 302 by itself, and currently use it along with other products. I also use 302 after dermarolling.

The only 302 products that you cannot use when using acids are the 302 Protein Drops and the 302 Serum Plus.

The products with very strong concentrations that I personally use include Retin A, and pretty much all of the ZO Skin Health products, which is a new line from Dr. Obagi. All of his ZO products are far stronger than the industry averages.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
That is good to know about the acids. I used to own the dermaroller and did not see an improvement with it at all and used it every night. I had heard such great reviews and was hoping it would work for me. What improvements have you seen with it?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
That is good to know about the acids. I used to own the dermaroller and did not see an improvement with it at all and used it every night. I had heard such great reviews and was hoping it would work for me. What improvements have you seen with it?

You are not supposed to use any of the models every day...even the ones with the shortest needles! Shock Even the inventor of the Dermaroller suggests using the .2mm needles only 2-3x a week.

You can see a summary of my results on this page of the Dermaroller thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22460&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=2275

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Oh I did not know that! Thanks for letting me know.
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Correct bethany and KDD, and I applaud the formulator for putting that raw material in the formula. I suspect he probably had to battle his marketing manager in order to put that high priced raw material in. But, it has become more and more common for cosmetic companies to start using jojoba esters. It's proof positive that my 10 years of research on the material (when I worked for that raw material supplier) is starting to pay off.

There are two very, very important reasons why cosmetic companies are opting for jojoba esters in their anti-age and anti-wrinkle creams and lotions.

1) Jojoba Esters are a perfect botanical ingredient to replenish wax esters present in the skin's own natural oils. It moisturizes....never drying the skin out. Clinical studies performed by dermatologists in the southwest have proven this, and even observed and measured a diminishing of fine lines with extended use.

2) The next fact is little known, and was highly marketed after I made the discovery some 4 or 5 years ago. We were studying the "occlusive" effects of every emollient we could get our hands on. We tested them all against the cosmetic benchmark of petrolatum, the best known occlusive material at that time. We were happy to find that jojoba esters performed BETTER than the industry standard of petrolatum at keeping moisture at the skin surface! We theorized at the time that the exteme compatibility of jojoba esters with the skin's sebum was the reason why. It didn't disturb, harm, or interrupt the skin's natural ability to hold onto moisture in the brick & mortar plus sebum "brick wall" of the epidermis. And that makes total sense if you think about it. Synthetic or incompatible emollients and emulsifiers actually disrupt this delicate system and thus, enable moisture to be lost. Plus, nobody liked petrolatum. The only reason it was (and still is) commonly used was because it was dirt cheap. AND, it was petroleum based, it was greasy and never penetrated the skin. It was prone to clogging pores and just had a terrible skin feel. It was like wrapping your skin in plastic wrap. In contrast, jojoba esters penetrate easily, never clog the pores, were natural botanical raw materials (there are several "versions" of jojoba esters from jojoba), and it was totally compatible with the skin's natural sebum. The only thing it had going against it was a higher price....and now, formulators are starting to finally consider "function" over price. Coty has done it, Estee Lauder has done it, Gold Bond has done it, and many, many smaller companies are coming on board despite the higher price. It's all about "Function", that is what the consumer demands.

For these reasons, that's why I always recommend cosmetic consumers to look for multi-functional jojoba esters in the ingredients list (there are even more attributes, but they don't apply here so I'll save those functions for another time). Then, if you can also find formulas that contain things such as macadamia oil, emulsifiers made from jojoba, and certain olive oil derivatives....then, you've found the ultimate cream or lotion.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |