Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Best face powder to use
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
hey, i'd like to know ur guys' opinion on which face powder works best. i'm looking for something oil-free, that doesnt cause break outs and make face look oily.
any advice on which is the best to try??
thanks
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite is Sephora:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P194206&categoryId=C17344&shouldPaginate=true

I have oily T-zone. It holds the best (compare to others). But still I have to use oil-absorbing sheets.

Every one's skin is different. So you will get many different opinions. The only option I know - it's try yourself.

Good luck in your hunt Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite is from Bare Faced Mineral Cosmetics, it's called Jo's Secret Finishing Powder, ingredient list, which is very important to me is, Ingredient List: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Mica, Calcium Carbonate. As far as foundation I like Mineral Boutique's Cover it line, it's for older skin. ingredient for this is titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, mica, iron oxides, may contain ultramarine blue.

Both of these companies sell samples and if you find that you like two foundation samples together, they are willing to mix a full size for you.
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
At the moment, I'm quite fond of the Angel's Wings finishing powder from Signature Minerals. The texture is fine, and it doesn't really impart any colour at all. You can also get free/cheap samples. Smile
www.signatureminerals.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Hey I just posted a review in the product review forum about HD powder from makeup forever. I bought it about 2 weeks ago and I love it. I use Bare Minerals for my foundation and use this over it. It creates a smooth, matte finish that lasts all day. I no longer have that shiny look and I don't have to touch up my makeup during the day. Anyways since I posted a review already I don't want to write more about it here. You could order a sample or go to Sephora and check it out.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite powder for awhile was Laura Mercier's Translucent. When used with the face puff it set makeup perfectly and didn't make my face more oily like some powders do. I had to give that up because the cornstarch in it was breaking me out. I now use pure silk powder (from Lumiere, but lots of other places sell it too) and it's wonderful. Gives a beautiful, non-powdery finish and can be layered without looking cakey or too matte. Also, zero breakouts and it controls oil beautifully (though not forever...you do need to touch up once or twice during the day depending on how oily you are).

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
i used the SHISEIDO loose powder, which is nice and doesnt look cakey...

but the SISLEY loose powder is more fine, and after application i think "where did it go"...
it seems to become totally "invisible", but its there Wink and evens and mattes skin more than the shiseido... a very natural look...
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I love Bobbi Brown's loose powder.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Cle de Peau is absolutely amazing!
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:06 am      Reply with quote
wow thanks for the responses guys. there are so many different choices.
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:28 am      Reply with quote
also i had the SHISEIDO "luminizing brush powder"...

after a few hours my face becomes extremely shiny...

this might be the effect, when a powder is drying and the skin reacts with producing oil(?)...

forgot to mention this one Sad
Sophias1920
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I love mineral makeup especially the ones with few ingredients. Has anyone heard of Afterglow cosmetics? I absolutely love that line. It is so skin friendly. I used to break out like crazy when I used high end brands like clinique and mac. After prolonged use they cause the skin to look dull and lifeless. They also cause pimples.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
we have a variety going on here. Laura Mercier translucent powder with a puff. Incredible.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
LM oil control very good.
ehazelwood
5% products discount

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
NARS fine milled loose powder is the best for me. The lightest color is snow and it matches my uber-fair skin perfectly. It really gives me an airbrushed complexion and sets my makeup for the day. It's my HG powder!!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Alima
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
we have a variety going on here. Laura Mercier translucent powder with a puff. Incredible.

platinumrose, where do u buy ur laura mercier products? can i get them at a local pharmacy or do i have to purchase them online?
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Chantecaille powder is great, I'm using the color "ray".
libeibei
5% products discount

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I like Laura Mercier's loose powder in Translucent.
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:57 am      Reply with quote
does LM translucent give any coverage?
dilemmas
5% products discount

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I love Benefit face powder, such as dandelion, georgia
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |