Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Order contacts online w/ expired prescription?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Guys, My script for my contacts has expired. Rolling Eyes I need to order online but, I am having problems without a valid/veriyfied script. Any suggestions for a site that will let me order? Thank you! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:18 am      Reply with quote
try..1-save-on-lens.com you may have to put MD's phone number but I don't think they call..my presciption had just expired and I'm pretty sure this was the site...just typed in my stuff off the boxes...hope it works!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much! I'll try it. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I don't know how old your script is, but why wouldn't you want to have a yearly eye doctor checkup if you wear contacts??? Even if your power hasn't changed, it's a good idea to be checked for other problems before they get to be major.
Just a suggestion. I wear contacts too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I had a check up a few months ago. Got a script for glasses. My doc wanted to charge extra for a contact lens script. (This is a new doc. We moved out of state.). We just started our own business and $ is very tight. I tried 1 800 Contacts online, but since my script for contacts is 2 yrs. old, my original doc wouldn't renew it. Wow, this is a very long response to your question about getting an eye exam!
I tried the website suggested before, but their contacts are much more expensive than I'm used to paying.
Still looking. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
He wanted to charge extra just for a script for contacts??? Whaaaaaaat??? Did he measure you for contacts at all or know you wore them? Sorry, don't mean to cross-examine you, but I don't get it! hmm

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
To clarify, she wanted to charge me extra to fit me for contacts. She knew I wore contacts. My old doc never charged extra for a fit or anything like that. Is that normal?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
To clarify, she wanted to charge me extra to fit me for contacts. She knew I wore contacts. My old doc never charged extra for a fit or anything like that. Is that normal?

I don't think that is normal AT ALL. I've moved around a lot and have had lots of eye doctors, and I have NEVER had one charge me extra for fitting me for contacts. I think you might want to try to find a new doctor!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Mars, I was just thinking..since you said you're low on cash, if there's a medical school near you with an ophthamology residency, you could get a really thorough exam supervised by the attending doctor at a fraction of the cost.
I would check with any major hospitals near you to see if they are affiliated with any teaching programs for medical residents specializing in the eye and go from there to see if there is a clinic where they see patients. Couldn't hurt, huh?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie, I just saw your reply to my question. Confused It's a great idea! Thank you very much. Smile

Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |