Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What to do with Skincare Jars & Bottles?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I always wonder what do u girls do with the jars & bottles when u finished up a moisturizer, eye cream, or serum. I threw away some of them if the packaging is not that nice or I don't think I might need the bottle for something else. But I found myself reluctant to throw out certain bottles or jars just cuz of its packaging but I can't seem to find any use for it. It seems to be taking up my space but I feel a bit of a waste to just dump it into the garbage.

Are there any place to recycle these jars & bottles? Confused
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm the opposite right now! I don't have enought jars! I like mixing stuff and I need jars to mix in. If you ever want to go into the DIY world, it's good to have extra jars and bottles on hand.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
I use them for MIY serums,creams and to mix a mask in. Love the dark dropper bottles.
Pour from my larger SKB bottle into a smaller bottle and add a bit of essentail oil.
I am really trying to use up all of my oils,serums,creams that I tried and then moved on without using the whole jar.

anyone have a fun way to use them ?

Smile
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Just like Skin Care Addict I collect some of the smaller amber bottles with droppers. It's great to pour oil from larger bottles into them and perhaps add some essential oils. My favorites are the small sample sizes from Vivier. I currently use one of them for my eye brow oil (castor oil and a couple of drops of peppermint oil).

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I save nice small jars and bottles, too. One of my favorite skincare items, PC Amazing Day and Eye Cream, comes in a large, deep size - 3 ounces or so. It's a lot to take when I'm traveling, and also so deep that I can't reach the product with my fingers after a certain point. So I've scooped some out and put it in an old Shiseido Benefiance jar, which is a lot smaller and very pretty, frosted glass with a metallic gold-colored screw-on cap. It reminds me of a pebble, very organic-looking.
ahihi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:43 am      Reply with quote
If it's a nice, sturdy glass jar, I use it to hold my painting medium. Little plastic jars are good for putting loose saffron threads in, then sticking it in the freezer until needed. I never thought of using make-up jars for making more make-up.. What a good idea!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:24 am      Reply with quote
I don't keep them, because of the clutter. I like my space to be bare as much as possible.
nakeidknits
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:41 am      Reply with quote
We're lucky to have curbside recycling in Denver that takes all glass bottles and many plastics.

Most communities have recycling programs if you can't reuse your bottles. Also don't some product lines have their own recycling programs? Aveda maybe?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I actually wanna throw out my glass jars & plastic bottles as I can't seem to find any use of them. The only ones that I might keep are those small jars or spray bottles...they come in handy when I need to travel. Usually I just throw out pump bottles as I can't open them to put any product in although they might look nice.

I wonder if I can recycle the glass jars & bottles where they recycle the juice glass bottles? Confused
Linlin
5% products discount

Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I throw out mine too and try to recycle the ones that I can. If they are small enough, sometimes I reuse them for travelling.

Speaking of product jars, does anyone know if you can recycle makeup compacts?? I have quite a few Chanel ones and they are so pretty I dont' want to throw them out, but at the same time I don't want to keep them either!
ahihi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Speaking of product jars, does anyone know if you can recycle makeup compacts?? I have quite a few Chanel ones and they are so pretty I dont' want to throw them out, but at the same time I don't want to keep them either![/quote]

You could take them to Goodwill.. maybe someone else can get refills for the compacts? I just hauled a car load of things to my local Goodwill - feels so good to get rid of stuff I won't use (but is too nice to trash)!
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:37 am      Reply with quote
i throw them out, too...
the - mostly sisley - packages are not really too nice Wink

what i keep, and i even bought "test kits" for that purpose, are sample packages, to refill them for travelling...

the original jars and bottles are really too heavy and large for a suitcase...
Zi*Li
5% products discount

Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I really wanna keep some of the bottles because they loook so nice but i'm afraid to use them because i don't know if there's contamination or bacteria growing in them that I can't see. I just don't know if washing them with soap is enuf. What do you guys do? Rinse it with alcohol? How long can you use a jar for?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |