Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

To tell or not to tell?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
luckylady
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I mentioned one day to my bf that I'm poor because I just paid tuition, but I should be fine after I get paid. And given, he and I don't make that much money. He gave me a few hundreds of dollars so that I have free money to spend when I need to. Well, instead I withdrew the same amount he gave me from my savings account and opened a new savings. He really bad about saving money so I deposited what money he's given me and my money into the new savings for us for emergency. Would you think that was wrong of me and that I should tell him what I did with the money? We are already living together like we are married so I wasn't sure if it was wrong to keep it a secret.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think you should feel bad, you are doing a good thing, you're saving for both of you.
I have a special account that my husband doesn't know about and when ever we are in a jam and I pull out my rainy day fund money from this account he is over the moon!
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Keep it a secret.

I always have two funds apart from my active account.

One savings account -- for "runaway money."

One cash cache -- the "fun fund."

I contribute to both of these when I can. The basic account is for rent and bills, etc.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your responses. I guess I was just feeling guilty because he and I aren't married, who knows if we will get married, and he gave me the money probably to help me with my school tuition and books.

I guess I thought I NEEDED to tell him what I did with the money he gave me.

haha I'm a little new at living together/marriage-like relationships.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Lucky, that's excellently responsible of you to put money aside! Since he's not that good in the savings department I bet he'll learn to appreciate your financial sense.
And Honey, a girl always needs an account of her own!! Aside from your joint emergency money I mean. It's just prudent.

Please take it from a veteran in the relationship department: keep your finances separate even after you are married. It makes things a whole lot cleaner.

DH and I split everything half & half, as far as house expenses and mortgage. Then we each feel "invested". Not to say we don't "treat" each other, frequently!! That makes it more special than him buying all the time. We do each spend our own money on personal care items, like cosmetics, hair care, medications, though.

This is just what we decided on. Maybe you can come up with something better that works for both of you. But DEFINITELY keep your own account with money you either earn or are given as gifts. How much you keep in a secret stash is up to you alone. I wouldn't advise funneling off funds from a joint account. That's not fair.

No one needs to know the state of your finances but you, honey.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just popping in to offer an idea other than splitting things in half. The time will come when one of you makes substantially more than the other. $600 a month is MUCH more to you if you make $1000 than if you make $3000. It will take some math, but figure out your household expenses, then both of you donate a PERCENT of your income. THAT will be fair. You'll both contribute 80%, and have 20% to play with however you will.

When I was making $50,000 and my hubby was making MAYBE $10,000 from writing.... it made no sense to both contribute the same amount. Or split expenses.

If you're in for the long haul, believe me, it will all work itself out. :->

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:56 am      Reply with quote
I find this discussion very intriguing. Are you guys saying that your husbands don't even know how much money you make?
I think 50:50 only works if you make approximately same amount. I like Sidda's suggestions much better.
My hubby recently changed carrier (after I put him through school for almost 3 full years - talk about not being able to share expenses 50:50 Shock ) and he's making 1/2 of what I make. However, he has an opportunity to make a lot more than me, in few years.
50:50 would just not work for us and we have always had joint acct and we always pulled all our $$ to pay for what we need and what we want.
Now - savings - I do have a separate acct (that my hubby is fully aware of) where I keep extra money for savings. This is our "rainy day" acct and we both love having it. The thing is - it's my acct and he has no access to it Wink .

So ladies - I'm all for saving and for having separate accts (I do think a girl needs to have some protection), but I am generally more inclined to sharing than splitting expenses (regardless of the formula you use).

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
luckylady
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for the great advices. I think it will be okay to have our stash put away and he not know. As long as its good intentions on it.

This is great, its like having the big sisters that i've always wanted!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |