Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Hyalauronic Acid...Did it do anything for you? Is it worth
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
getting. I have been reading some interesting threads on this. Apart from lip plumping which quite a few atest to, is it good for anything else? It seems amazing what it does to some of the forum readers lips, but I wonder what percentage saw a difference in the lips? I would love it to work, but I just cant imagine how it could do this overnight. Anyone who has used this, could you comment on your results pls if any. thanks. oh and I am talking of the supplements.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I tried it the way "Carekate" recommended in her 'Ultimate Lip Plumper' thread, but it didn't do anything for my lips.

What it did do was make my skin everywhere moister if that makes sense.

After taking it daily for two weeks the heels of my feet were soft and moist...it was a pleasant surprise!

I got lazy, and didn't continue to take it, and lo and behold, my crusty feet are now in the hands of my 'Ped Egg'..

I think I'll pick some HA up again, thanks for the reminder... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy A.....If it makes my feet a little softer, that would be worth taking for alone, but hey if it plumps my lips too, Im sure gonna buy a years supply!!!! Bad Grin Thanks for that, Im just trying to justify trying it, or really to see if its worth popping more pills.
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
It's funny you should mention this... I started taking the HA supplements that Carekate recommended yesterday and I do believe that my lips are slightly plumped. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but my top lip seems to have filled out a bit more. Although the lip plumping effect is an excellent result, I am hoping that I will see the moist skin result.
BTW... topical HA does nothing but dry my skin out. Rolling Eyes
Ali

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
alilicious wrote:
It's funny you should mention this... I started taking the HA supplements that Carekate recommended yesterday and I do believe that my lips are slightly plumped.

That's awesome! I was hoping for even a tiny note of puffiness, because I have possibly, the smallest lips in the world... Sad
I am hoping that I will see the moist skin result.

Give it a couple of weeks, and you'll know exactly what it will do for you...

BTW... topical HA does nothing but dry my skin out. Rolling Eyes
Ali

Me too! I know others have a different opinion of it, but in my experience, it sucks the skin dry...... It holds 1000 times it's weight in fluid, and (in my opinion), if it doesn't get the extra fluid from somewhere, it will take what it can get.

If I were to use a product that contained HA on my skin, I would make sure that I supplied the extra 'water' that it seeks, along with the application of HA, in the form of a good spritz with distilled water...... Just my humble opinion, for what it's worth!

ETA: I totally screwed up the quotes, but my take is in 'bold'........ Laughing Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Update... I definitely notice a difference in my lips. My top lip has gotten fuller and my bottom lip which was fuller to begin with has gotten more "pillow-y". I made a lip print on a napkin and it is bigger than normal. Yay! Very Happy I am still waiting to see what happens with my skin... (fingers crossed!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I get great results with HA, but unfortunately every time I try to take it regularly my digestion messes up within a week (constipation). I've tried lots of different brands. Same results each time. I've since given up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Bad news... the HA supplements gave me lush, pillowy lips, but I think they also made me breakout. Mad It's really bizarre, but I got a bunch of little, tiny pimples around my face and I got an outbreak of bumps on my arms. I am fairly convinced it was the HA because that is the only thing that was different in my routine. I have stopped taking them for 2 days now and it seems that my skin is getting back to normal. I might try these again after a period of "good skin" to see if they really are the culprit. I will report back.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I tried the HA supplements and did not see any difference in my lips. I was disappointed since most of the people did see a change. It did not hurt to try them.
cchan2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I have been having some problems with it. I use 100% HA mixed in water. The problem I had was it balling up my moisturizer and foundation. It works sometimes to give me a smooth and hydrated complexion without the stickiness. And it is a diaster on other days when it balls up my foundation, flaking skin, or sticky skin.

I am still using it on certain days when I see that I need it. I won't use every day.

I have to say that it works great on inflamed pimples tho. Zap them right out.
cchan2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:32 am      Reply with quote
cchan2009 wrote:
I have been having some problems with it. I use 100% HA mixed in water. The problem I had was it balling up my moisturizer and foundation. It works sometimes to give me a smooth and hydrated complexion without the stickiness. And it is a diaster on other days when it balls up my foundation, flaking skin, or sticky skin.

I am still using it on certain days when I see that I need it. I won't use every day.

I have to say that it works great on inflamed pimples tho. Zap them right out.

Oh geez. Silly me. I use HA serum on my face. Not for my lips or taking it internally. Sorry.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I love HA capsules and topical HA! It really makes my lips plumper and I see a big diff. when I do not take it. I have also noticed that HA has helped my painful heels and knees.
elmoparis
5% products discount

Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, I didn't see any effects from taking HA supplements.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |