Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Olay Definity Color Recapture
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I saw this last night at the drugstore. Has anyone tried it? It looked interesting.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I read about it in Allure, but haven't seen it on the shelves yet, was interested in trying it too.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:20 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
I read about it in Allure, but haven't seen it on the shelves yet, was inIterested in trying it too.

It's here and it does look interesting. It reminds me of a twisty ice cream cone. The ingredients look nice and I was thinking of subbing it for my NIA 24 sunscreen. I'll pick it up over the week end.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Does it come in more than 1 color? Let me know how it is!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:30 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
Does it come in more than 1 color? Let me know how it is!

Three tints. Link is for the light-medium,

http://www.olay.com/boutique/definity/products/de1013

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Looks cool. Probably right price too.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I had to go check out the link when I saw Blue's comment about it being like an ice cream cone!! I had no idea WHAT she could mean but I get it now! Laughing Laughing

It peaked my curiosity so I will have to try it too.
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I started using the definity repair serum once a day at nighttime just about a week ago. I am liking it so far, for some reason I felt my skin looks better with it on.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
pinkberry wrote:
I started using the definity repair serum once a day at nighttime just about a week ago. I am liking it so far, for some reason I felt my skin looks better with it on.

Hi Pinkberry,
Welcome, I see you're very new to posting. Thanks for sharing your experience. I've not been all that impressed in the past with Olay products but I've not tried the Definity line. Have you seen the Color Recapture yet?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I went to Walgreens last night and saw the product, It is definitely cool looking, but was 30$!!!!
I thought that was ALOT for a small bottle, and for a drugstore product.
They had the Total Effects tinted moisturizer as well for 18$, and it looked to me like basically the same ingredients, just not the fancy swirls in it.
I bought the total effects, it only comes in 1 color, but blended into my skin well. Today is the first time I have used it so I will update in a few days to see if it causes any breakouts. I really hope not!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Amylola, I don't think the Total Effects has the goodies like Niacinamyde, and the glucowhatever. I'll go look and see though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Blues - it definitely had the Niacinamyde, I made sure to check for that b/c I have heard good things about it, but I don't know about the other ingredient?? I really wanted to buy the swirly one, but on a tight budget lately!
Oh BTW have you gotten the email from Besame, they are discontinuing their products, almost everything is 6$ or less. I bought like 30$ of product last night! Check it out!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:07 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
Blues - it definitely had the Niacinamyde, I made sure to check for that b/c I have heard good things about it, but I don't know about the other ingredient?? I really wanted to buy the swirly one, but on a tight budget lately!
Oh BTW have you gotten the email from Besame, they are discontinuing their products, almost everything is 6$ or less. I bought like 30$ of product last night! Check it out!

Are they going out of business?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:40 am      Reply with quote
This is what they sent:

Dear friends and customers:

I am writing to express my sincere thanks to all of you who have supported
and enjoyed my first selection of products. It is with a bit of sadness that I
close out my first collection of Besame products.

The last remaining pieces of this collection will go on sale today only
at besamecosmetics.com, once the sales event is complete they
will not be for sale in this form again.

They are wonderful collection pieces for your boudoir, and authentic
reproductions of some of the finest cosmetics of this century.

Please take this last opportunity to pick up your favorites at exceptional
prices. Most items are $6 or less. This sales event will last only 10 days
exclusively at besamecosmetics.com, at which time, this collection will
no longer be available. Only our retailers will continue to stock the
original Besame collection until their supplies are sold at our original prices.

Looking ahead, I am hard at work on our new Besame, and look forward
to sharing that with you soon.

Be glamourous everyday,

Gabriela
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:47 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I don't think the Total Effects has the goodies like Niacinamyde, and the glucowhatever. I'll go look and see though.

This "Olay" link explains what each ingredient is, and which products have what. (You can key in an ingredient, to find which products have it also.) There's a ton of info including how to get coupons and special offers.

HTH

http://www.olay.com/products/analyzer.jsp?anal.ingred=vitamin.c&showprod=yes

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
pinkberry wrote:

Hi Pinkberry,
Welcome, I see you're very new to posting. Thanks for sharing your experience. I've not been all that impressed in the past with Olay products but I've not tried the Definity line. Have you seen the Color Recapture yet?

Thanks Blueheart.

I haven't seen the Color Recapture yet but I doubt that I will be tempt even if I saw it because I am not too big on tinted moisturizer.
Despit my disappointment with one Regenerist line product, I am not gonna quit on Olay yet.
After a week use of Definity, the biggest difference I felt for my skin is that how good my skin felt immediately after washing my face with nothing on. Given that I haven't change anything else, i.e.cleanser, sunscreen in my daily routine, I think the Definity repair serum was the reason.

If you are looking for Niacin in Olay products, some product in the line of Total Effect has too. The one I know I for sure is :
Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging Moisturizer - Mature Skin Therapy. With NIACINAMIDE listed as the 3rd ingredient, this one gotta have a relatively high percentage in it comparing to all other Olay products.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Amylola,
I ordered two Besame lippies and a gloss. Besame Red, Red Velvet and the cherry gloss.

Pinkberry,
Thanks for info. I use NIA 24 sunscreen so I'm only interested in the sunscreen/tinted moisturizer for summer use during the day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Amylola,
I ordered two Besame lippies and a gloss. Besame Red, Red Velvet and the cherry gloss.

Pinkberry,
Thanks for info. I use NIA 24 sunscreen so I'm only interested in the sunscreen/tinted moisturizer for summer use during the day.

How do you like the NIA 24 sunscreen. You dont think it is sufficient for summer use?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
pinkberry wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Amylola,

Pinkberry,

How do you like the NIA 24 sunscreen. You dont think it is sufficient for summer use?

I like the NIA sunscreen quite well but I'm looking for a combo tm/sunscreen for daytime. For day use, in the summer months, I prefer TM to foundation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried Olay's Definity Color Recaputre.. but, I have been using Olay's Definity Foaming UV moisturizer SPF 15 for a couple of weeks and am really liking it. You can but the 3.1 oz can at Costco for about $30.

I think Olay's Definity line may be better than their old stuff..
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |