Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Squalane question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Today after few weeks of waiting I've got my squalane ordered from IceElements. Excited, I immediately applied it to my face. However, after approximately 20 minutes I realised that my Squalane remains on the top of my skin and not absorbing at all.
Is there any trick to use it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Tanya.
The same thing happens to me when applying emu oil. I think this is a common problem with the richer oils. To make the oil absorb, I mix it with some drops of hyaluronic acid serum in the palm of my hand prior to application. It makes a huge different, in my experience. It's also a good (and cheaper) alternative to mix the oil with some SKB (sea kelp bioferment) to make it penetrate the skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
Hi, Tanya.
The same thing happens to me when applying emu oil. I think this is a common problem with the richer oils. To make the oil absorb, I mix it with some drops of hyaluronic acid serum in the palm of my hand prior to application. It makes a huge different, in my experience. It's also a good (and cheaper) alternative to mix the oil with some SKB (sea kelp bioferment) to make it penetrate the skin.

Thanks Septembergirl,
Few questions. If I have Hyaluronic acid supplement - can I just open one capsule and add it into squalane/emu oil?
I have sea weed powder is it the same as sea kelp bioferment?

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:29 am      Reply with quote
TanyaB wrote:
Septembergirl wrote:
Hi, Tanya.

Thanks Septembergirl,
Few questions. If I have Hyaluronic acid supplement - can I just open one capsule and add it into squalane/emu oil?
I have sea weed powder is it the same as sea kelp bioferment?

TIA

I honestly don't know. Why not try to mix a little oil with some of the liquid in a HA capsule and see if it helps with the penetration? SKB is a liquid gel. I would not use the sea weed powder.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:

Why not try to mix a little oil with some of the liquid in a HA capsule and see if it helps with the penetration?

I have powder in the capsule. It should be even better. I will try it today Smile

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Try using only 1 drop at a time Tanya. Wait for about 10 minutes to see if it absorbs and your skin feels comfortable. If not continue drop by drop until you are satisfied. Good luck Tanya!
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Susie !

Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |