Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vaculifter - what are your comments?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Marcia,

It doesn't cost much..so why not try it? That makes perfect sense.
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Well i received my vaculifter yesterday and used it for first time last night.I used it with avocado oil.I found that it holds suction very well but when i did my neck and forehead it loses suction.So i emailed Nanci at NCN and she told me that it dosent hold well on forehead if you dont have loose skin which i suppose is a good thing.On the neck she told me to not look up but look down as that will give the vaculifter more to hold on to.That works much better.I do think in a few weeks i will order the small as i have the large which is great for face but find i need smaller bell to get in to top eye area.Anyway i will update progress in a few weeks as i like to give things a good while to work.But i must say i really enjoyed using it and skin looked good today even though im very tired.xx
rudmon
5% products discount

Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
has anybody used the vaculift for frown lines.
because skin is a bit loose there, will the vaculift make it looser?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
rudmon wrote:
has anybody used the vaculift for frown lines.
because skin is a bit loose there, will the vaculift make it looser?

I find that if I keep my skin taut in whatever area I'm working on there would be little or no chance of making the skin "looser"..

In my experience (as an old geezer) keeping the skin nice and taut is a must, just because it makes the Vaculifter glide more smoothly..

I've neglected mine lately and really need to make time for it again... I honestly love this little gadget. There is nothing better for increasing blood flow to the skin!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Me too! I go thru phases of forgetting and then I think, Why have I not used this recently?
It really does help the skin circulation, plumpness and glow, I just get too busy or tired at night and forget.
I will bring it back out tonight!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using my VL for the last 10 days or so, I have used it only 4 times but I am loving it! I regret not using it for months, I have had it since February or so!!! I feel as if my face is getting toned...

Anyways, I am seriousness thinking about buying the large body one as well; I am wondering if it's suction would be as powerful as the large face one? I would want it to be! I am hoping it would tone up the skin over my abdomen and butt! Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

Anyways, I am seriousness thinking about buying the large body one as well; I am wondering if it's suction would be as powerful as the large face one? I would want it to be! I am hoping it would tone up the skin over my abdomen and butt! Very Happy

If you are on the smaller side, you might prefer the 'small body' size.

I have all 4, and the suction is great on all of them. BUT, when I used the large on my butt and backs of thighs, I found it very cumbersome, and wound up completely black & blue. To me, it was just to big and clumsy to use. Small body was good from the arse down, but too big for my arms.

If I knew then (when I ordered), what I know now (having used them all), I would just get the small & large face gadgets. I find the large face works perfectly on my upper arms. For face, neck and decolette, the small face suits me perfectly..

I have since given up using it on my legs and arse out of sheer laziness... Embarassed

Hope that helps a little... Oh, and if your interested, a mixture of coconut, macadamia and grapeseed oils are not only pleasant to use, but beneficial for the skin (IMHO anyway.)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you v much Kassy! I only have the large face one, I read here on eds that small face does not have good suction so I opted for the large one but good to hear the contrary from you... i think I am going to use the one i have on my body and get a feel for the size... I don't have a large body size but I am no petite either!

Thanks for the info on oils too...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I find the small face one just way easier to navigate around my face, neck and chest, in a steady path without losing suction. I try it with the lg face (hoping to save a few minutes time), but it just doesn't stay put and easily slide for me.. I have to keep squeezing the bulb and starting again..

I know Keliu loves her large face, and a few others also.. I'm sure it's all a learning curve, and which you get used to using.

Just a little hint about body use if it helps.. Oil up well and try to keep it moving pretty quickly. If you get hung up, you will get black and blue, and also, it's a little uncomfortable. Also, if you hold/pull your skin taut with your free hand, it all goes much more smoothly.. Very Happy

Now I'm in the mood to whip that little sucker out...lol

daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Just a little hint about body use if it helps.. Oil up well and try to keep it moving pretty quickly. If you get hung up, you will get black and blue, and also, it's a little uncomfortable. Also, if you hold/pull your skin taut with your free hand, it all goes much more smoothly.. Very Happy

Now I'm in the mood to whip that little sucker out...lol

O yes, some areas on my face ended up blue black and red the 1st time I used VL!

I just wish they were a lil cheaper, it's only plastic, $80 !! but I guess for the ease of using it and their design/patent....
carolb
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am loving the vaculifter around my mouth. It looks fuller and plumper. I am a little freaked out about doing my eyes. I am being very careful and taking it slow there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Is the vaculifter a much better alternative to expensive lasers like Fraxel, Triactive or Ulthera...? Or it's just a temporary effect? Is it temporary or long lasting with each use? I heard lasers give a cumulative and long lasting effect on each session but I'm a bit scared of secondary effects and contrary results than expected, specially because they are expensive and each session makes it even more expensive. I'd like to achieve same results but with a more affordable device.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
IMO using the Vaculifter can't possibly be compared to laser treatments. Lasers work by "damaging" the dermis - the result is a contraction and stimulation of new collagen which helps lift the skin - but results can take months to show up. The Vaculifter is purely a massage tool. That doesn't mean that the Vaculifter (through increased blood flow) won't be of great benefit to the skin. But I don't think you can compare invasive and non-invasive treatments.

I'm still tossing up whether to go for a skin-tightening laser treatment. I had Thermage when it was first released, and that did absolutely nothing. The latest treatments are supposed to be more effective though. Still, the before and after photos that I've seen aren't exactly a "Wow".

However, for general skin well-being and toning, I definitely recommend the Vaculifter.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard the Indiba method is an excellent non invasive treatment, but I need to research more, there's a esthetic center that offers it around my area. I'm still trying to find something that may offer the same results without paying a package of sessions...

Here's some info:

http://www.indibadeepbeauty.com/

http://www.inspirationbeautyspa.co.uk/treatments-face-indiba.php

I wonder if laser treatments can eventually produce a contrary effect on the skin? Maybe the skin can react negatively after months or years...

I was also recommended Triactive but I do not trust invasive treatments, in that case I'd rather just use a dermaroller...
carolb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I had full face laser 13 years ago. I have also had some lower level laser and peels thru the years. I was born with terrible skin and I abused it more in the sun. I think they can be great if you really need them. There are just some skin conditions that need the big guns. The downside is the downtime and if you do too many you start to get that thin-skinned waxy look.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am easing into my vaculifter around my eyes. Underneath it seems like they get red and ugly for a little while. Maybe I should do the eyes at night? I love doing the face and lips in the morning to look good thru the day. Anyone have more detail or experience doing the eye area?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
morocha wrote:
I've heard the Indiba method is an excellent non invasive treatment, but I need to research more, there's a esthetic center that offers it around my area. I'm still trying to find something that may offer the same results without paying a package of sessions...

Here's some info:

I wonder if laser treatments can eventually produce a contrary effect on the skin? Maybe the skin can react negatively after months or years...

I was also recommended Triactive but I do not trust invasive treatments, in that case I'd rather just use a dermaroller...

I had a quick look at this - the description and price make them sound more like facials. For significant skin tightening I think you'd be better going for the more invasive treatments.

The Dr. Oz show featured laser treatments the other day. One woman had her eyebags removed, the other had extensive sun damage. The results on both were amazing after only one treatment. What concerns me with the skin tightening lasers is that you would probably have to have more than one treatment - so it can get really expensive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
carolb wrote:
I am easing into my vaculifter around my eyes. Underneath it seems like they get red and ugly for a little while. Maybe I should do the eyes at night? I love doing the face and lips in the morning to look good thru the day. Anyone have more detail or experience doing the eye area?

Are you using the small face around your eyes? Your skin should be red, that's the blood coming to the surface - but I'm not sure what you mean by "ugly". Are you using the right amount of oil whilst massaging?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
morocha wrote:

Here's some info:

I had a quick look at this - the description and price make them sound more like facials. For significant skin tightening I think you'd be better going for the more invasive treatments.

The Dr. Oz show featured laser treatments the other day. One woman had her eyebags removed, the other had extensive sun damage. The results on both were amazing after only one treatment. What concerns me with the skin tightening lasers is that you would probably have to have more than one treatment - so it can get really expensive.

Was there an specific Laser(s) treatment he recommended?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:42 am      Reply with quote
I missed the name of it - but I think it was an ablative one. I did search the Dr Oz website but couldn't find it either. They demonstrated using it on an avocado and showed how it "cut" through the layers of skin. However, the down-time wasn't very long - both women appeared on the show a week after their treatments. They didn't have a general anesthetic either, just numbing cream.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I missed the name of it - but I think it was an ablative one. I did search the Dr Oz website but couldn't find it either. They demonstrated using it on an avocado and showed how it "cut" through the layers of skin. However, the down-time wasn't very long - both women appeared on the show a week after their treatments. They didn't have a general anesthetic either, just numbing cream.

Maybe he's referring to this one?

http://healthybodydaily.com/dr-oz-plastic-surgery-alternatives/dr-oz-sciton-microlaser-peel-alma-pixel-q-switch-before-and-after-images
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
No it wasn't that one. I've found the pertinent information. The woman who had the eyebags also had these bulges underneath the eyes called Festoons. Here is the link:
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/understanding-festoons-and-how-treat-them?page=3#copy

This was the doctor who was on the show. In the article he says he uses the Erbium Laser - I always thought that there was significant downtime with this laser. But both women were only a week out of treatment when they appeared on the show and I can tell you they looked amazing.

I've just realised that the photographs on Page 4 of the article are of the woman on the show. You can see that she looks so much more youthful after the treatment - and completely healed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
No it wasn't that one. I've found the pertinent information. The woman who had the eyebags also had these bulges underneath the eyes called Festoons. Here is the link:
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/understanding-festoons-and-how-treat-them?page=3#copy

This was the doctor who was on the show. In the article he says he uses the Erbium Laser - I always thought that there was significant downtime with this laser. But both women were only a week out of treatment when they appeared on the show and I can tell you they looked amazing.

I've just realised that the photographs on Page 4 of the article are of the woman on the show. You can see that she looks so much more youthful after the treatment - and completely healed.

That doctor is in my state...just bookmarked his website!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Lucky you!! I wish I could find some photos of the woman who had her sun damage removed. The result was totally astounding.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:

Lucky you!! I wish I could find some photos of the woman who had her sun damage removed. The result was totally astounding.

I'll call my sister and see if she saw the show

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |