Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Vaculifter - what are your comments?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I need help.

I have 2 Face Vacilifter, actually had them for over a year, but never got to use them.

Lately, after getting inspired by raw food guru Tonya Zavasta, I started facial exercise and Vaculifters.

Kassy - thanks again for the wonderful oil recipe - it is lovely.

I do have a problem though - the Small Face one does not want to grab the skin or grabs so little that all the pressure is gone within seconds. It does not matter how hard I squeeze the blue rubber. The Large Face one works beautifully.

How can I fix it?

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:39 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I do have a problem though - the Small Face one does not want to grab the skin or grabs so little that all the pressure is gone within seconds. It does not matter how hard I squeeze the blue rubber. The Large Face one works beautifully.

How can I fix it?

I also find that the Small Face doesn't grab as well - I think the only solution is to just squeeze the bulb more often. This seems awkward at first, but you get used to it and after a while you find yourself just doing it without thinking. However, I think it's better to use the Large Face for general massage and then use the Small Face for above the lip. HTH.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:17 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I need help.

I have 2 Face Vacilifter, actually had them for over a year, but never got to use them.

Lately, after getting inspired by raw food guru Tonya Zavasta, I started facial exercise and Vaculifters.

Kassy - thanks again for the wonderful oil recipe - it is lovely.

How can I fix it?

TIA

Hi Sigma,
I also have both Vaculifters. I use the large face first and I only use the small face around my eyes, lips and on my nose. Sometimes I have the same problem with the small face. When it happens, I release the pressure by pressing the blue button and squeeze the blue rubber again. It usually works after the first attempt, but it may take a couple of times to get it work properly.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks.

I am using the Large one 1st for the face, neck and decolletage.

But for the eyes and lip and NL I wanted to use the Small one.

Did you see any reduction in eye bags?
Do you use it daily? How much time do you spent with Vaculifter?

The very 1st day my skin got bright red, now 4 days later it gets pleasantly pink, but not that vivid red.

Under the eyes the 1st day I got broken caps, now I can barely make 3-4 passes with the small one and see nothing there. No improvements with eye bags at all.

TIA,
sigma

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Thanks.

I am using the Large one 1st for the face, neck and decolletage.

But for the eyes and lip and NL I wanted to use the Small one.

Did you see any reduction in eye bags?
Do you use it daily? How much time do you spent with Vaculifter?

The very 1st day my skin got bright red, now 4 days later it gets pleasantly pink, but not that vivid red.

Under the eyes the 1st day I got broken caps, now I can barely make 3-4 passes with the small one and see nothing there. No improvements with eye bags at all.

TIA,
sigma

I try to use them every other day, however, sometimes I get lazy and don't use them for a week or two or even longer (I do this with all my gadgets and creams, even though I know it is not a good habit). My under eye bags do look somewhat better after I use the small one. The total treatment of my face lasts only 5-7 minutes. I also do my neck for another 1-2 minutes with a large face. I do love the way my face looks after the treatment.
KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Being the gadget junkie that I am I was curious about adding the Vaculifter to my arsenal of antiaging gadgets. I spoke to Nancy at NCN and she said since I am already using the Tua Viso and the STOP that it would be redundant for me to purchase the Vaculift since the tools I am using will do the same thing, ie tighten and tone. Although I really appreciated her honesty I was disappointed, I wanted another toy to play with. LOL. I am guessing after watching the video on her site that you would need to purchase two of them large and small for different areas of the face. I guess the "bell" is not interchangeable.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:10 am      Reply with quote
KayS,

I have 2 Face ones - small and large.

I also love "to collect" gadgets - I have Stop and Tua Viso (I bought it years ago) and many others.

I do not use Stop - I developed a spot on my nose after using it and need to have the derm to check it regularly, so I am afraid to use it ever since. While I used it I had only seen temporary improvement for a day or two.

TV - I also did not like it too much, so it is also in a drawer.

I actually think Vaculifter would be a nice addition - I view it as a "deep massage", that neither TV nor Stop would do.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
So the heads are not interchangeable? Also does the massage oil come with it or is that a separate purchase? I have fair skin and I am concerned that the Vaculifter might break some blood vessels. I bruise very easily. When watching the video on NCN I am intrigued by the fact it really cleans out your pores. I have spent more money since joining this site, I have learned of tools I did not even know existed! Now my credit card is itching to come out of my wallet once again. Should I buy this or take Nancys advice????? That is the internal question I need to make. All the while that little gadget demon in my head keeps saying buy it. LOL!!!!!!!!!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kays,

I can not say anything about "cleaning the pores". I have only started using it about 3 days ago.

My skin is very sensitive, I use the oil recipe by Kassy, and the very 1st day I ended up with broken caps under my eyes. Now things had gotten better.

The heads are not interchangeable, but I think you can use any oil that your skin would love (or make Kassy's which is fantastic).

You can also start with the Large Face and see if you like it. Nanci usually has 60 days Return Policy, you can check with her.

Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Because the Vaculifter brings so much blood to the surface of the skin it tends to accentuate any broken caps and makes you think it is causing more. In the past I had a huge problem with broken caps and have had IPL treatments to fix them. I have not found the Vaculifter has aggravated them - if anything, I believe it is improving them.

I also have all the gadgets (see below) but I especially love the Vaculifter and use it most mornings. I thing all the massage is very beneficial and IMO, for that alone, it is much better than the TV and you can use it more often that the STOP.

Eye bags aren't my problem, so can't comment there. Loose jowls are though - unfortunately, I haven't seen any improvement in them from any of my gadgets, including the Vaculifter.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:39 am      Reply with quote
What kind of massage oil is best to use with the Vaculifter? I saw Kassys make it yourself one but if I want to just buy an oil already to go what would you suggest?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:34 am      Reply with quote
KayS wrote:
What kind of massage oil is best to use with the Vaculifter? I saw Kassys make it yourself one but if I want to just buy an oil already to go what would you suggest?

Any type of facial oil is fine - eg Rosehip, Jojoba, Hempseed, Almond, Avocado, Emu etc. etc. Just choose an oil that is suited to whether your skin is dry or oily. Most of the internet sites that sell essential oils have information on carrier oils and their uses. For starters, this site has lots of info:

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/bulkoil/bulkoil.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I would also suggest to pick the one that would not irritate your eyes, if they are sensitive.

In my case it turned out that Argan and Rosehip are better for the eye area.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you using the vaculifter and the OCM try to combine both and you will be amazed!

Just put the oils you use for your OCM choice instead your regular lotion for gliding the vaculifter on your skin. When you finish your vaculifter session get the hot towel and use it as always.

When I am done and my skin is clean I put a bit of ACV toner and voila! my skin glows with the extra added bennefit of the pumping than the vaculifter (or any other suction device I use) gives me. Wink
gumgirl
5% products discount

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Ok... not too much action on this topic in a while. My primary concern in skin laxity in the neck area. I am extremely active - just got into crossfit in November and will be back bicycle racing this summer (raced the 2009 season and back in the 90's.) I always use sunblock but there is no way to reapply in longer races (40-60+ miles.)

What is interesting is that many of the crossfit activities (I also do yoga for the purpose of "active" stretching) translate into excellent tone in the facial muscles. In particular, I have found rowing on a concept 2 rower to be extremely beneficial for my neck/under chin tone. However, I can see down the road where skin laxity in the neck area is going be my nemesis.

I'm considering buying the large face in the hopes that I can thicken the skin. My gut is telling me facial exercise is NOT the way to go... but this tool MIGHT be.

PLEASE HELP. Like everyone here, I am not the type to grow old gracefully.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:11 am      Reply with quote
Go for the Vaculifter. What I like about it is that it is one of the few gadgets that you can use all over the neck. With all of the electrical ones you have to avoid the thyroid area of course.

Today I was looking at a picture of me taken about 12 years ago and my neck is very slack and ringed. It's still not perfect, but it does look much better than it used to. I definitely credit the Vaculifter for allot of that improvement.

5% products discount

Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the reply. I need to finish perusing this thread. It seems like there are varying opinions regarding use of the large or small face vaculifter for the neck area. grrrrhhhh!

I was leaning toward purchasing the large face vaculifter... but now I'm not sure. Sad
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
gumgirl wrote:
I was leaning toward purchasing the large face vaculifter... but now I'm not sure. Sad

I prefer the large face - I think it gives more grip and gives a better massage.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:03 am      Reply with quote
I hated the Vaculift, found it was a useless irritating gadget, would not recommend.
gumgirl
5% products discount

Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks... for both replies. I'm going to take the plunge and order the large vaculifter. I will post my experience.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Gumgirl you could also buy a suction machine that has different size cups you can attach to the tube. And you can very the pressure on the machine.
I have one and really like it.
gumgirl
5% products discount

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mishey, Please tell me more... I am open to options. Do you have a link to the product you use? And, is this device easy to use?
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Sure thing. I'll get the info when I get home from work and post for you.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:55 am      Reply with quote
GumGirl here's the link. www.beautymachine.net/vacuum-body-shaper-c-13.html
I've got the first one they call the vacuum therapy.
gumgirl
5% products discount

Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Mishey,

Have you posted your experience with this machine anywhere? The device looks interesting. What suction cup would you use for the face, neck, arms etc.? And what were your goals when you purchased this machine.

I don't mind spending the extra money if it's worth it. I might use it on other areas... the vaculifter is quite pricey and clearly we are paying for the design.

Thanks so much for you help!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |