Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vaculifter - what are your comments?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
lilredhead wrote:
tasha92337 wrote:
does the vaculift help with dark circles too or just puffy eyes?

I've been using the dermaroller for about five months and have seen no improvement in my dark circles at all. Crying or Very sad Whoever invents something to eradicate them will be very rich indeed!!!!!!!

lilredhead, there's a thread in Products Review about a product called Easy Eye Solutions for dark circles. I have not tried the product but I think Toby tried it and was the one recommending it. You should check out that thread.
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

I've been using the dermaroller for about five months and have seen no improvement in my dark circles at all. Crying or Very sad Whoever invents something to eradicate them will be very rich indeed!!!!!!!
So sorry guys, my allergies make me so punchy... I meant to say that I've been using the vaculifter.
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 12:12 am      Reply with quote
I have a Large Face Vaculifter and am loving it, though I've only had it for a few weeks. I've used it approximately 3x/week all over my face, neck and decollete, progressing in time and aggressiveness - my skin gets very red - but calms down nearly immediately!

It's too early to say what results are there, but I'm happy enough to have ordered a Small Face Vaculifter (I want to attack the undereye and above-lip areas) and in the future I would like to order the Small Body to use primarily on the upper arms.

I did order the Vaculifter Face Oil from NCN but when it runs out I'll use whatever oil I happen to have handy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies,
I was reading the "how to apply eye cream" thread over on the skin care forum about how pulling-pressure on the delicate skin around the eye can increase lines. If that's the case, would the small VL also exacerbate eye wrinkles? TIA!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
**********Cross posting from AALS thread**********

Kassy_A wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

On another note, for those who followed my neck and lower face issues with STOP, I am all back to normal now except for a small jowl/pouch on each side of my chin.. I'm happy to report that my neck looks outstanding (in fact tighter than it was 5 years ago)..

I give 25% of the improvement to the LED, and 75% credit goes to the small face Vaculifter, which I used every other day on my neck for about a month.

Cheer's Kiddie's.. Very Happy

After about 6 weeks of aggressive use of my LED and Small Face Vaculifter on my dreaded neck after my STOP dilemma, things are finally getting back to normal.

The 1st picture was taken Jan 1 on my 59th birthday and way befor STOP treatments. The 2nd was taken after about 12 STOP treatments mid February.. 3 + 4 were taken yesterday.

ImageImageImageImage

Sorry about the picture sizing. That's the best I could do .. Embarassed

Just want you all to know that the small face Vaculifter is magic for the neck.. And I was as vigorous mid-line in the thyroid area, without any ill effect as the rest of the neck.. I credit 75% of my improvement on this great little gadget!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, that is an awesome result. I'm so happy to hear you've been able to undo the damage from the STOP (just read that entire thread yesterday and had my fingers crossed for you) and to see the evidence - your neck looks beautiful! I hope Vaculifting does as well for me.

Kassy_A wrote:

Kassy_A wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

On another note, for those who followed my neck and lower face issues with STOP, I am all back to normal now except for a small jowl/pouch on each side of my chin.. I'm happy to report that my neck looks outstanding (in fact tighter than it was 5 years ago)..

I give 25% of the improvement to the LED, and 75% credit goes to the small face Vaculifter, which I used every other day on my neck for about a month.

Cheer's Kiddie's.. Very Happy

After about 6 weeks of aggressive use of my LED and Small Face Vaculifter on my dreaded neck after my STOP dilemma, things are finally getting back to normal.

The 1st picture was taken Jan 1 on my 59th birthday and way befor STOP treatments. The 2nd was taken after about 12 STOP treatments mid February.. 3 + 4 were taken yesterday.

ImageImageImageImage

Sorry about the picture sizing. That's the best I could do .. Embarassed

Just want you all to know that the small face Vaculifter is magic for the neck.. And I was as vigorous mid-line in the thyroid area, without any ill effect as the rest of the neck.. I credit 75% of my improvement on this great little gadget!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Well done Kassy! That is some amazing improvement! Dancing Dancing Kudos to your diligence!!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
tish
5% products discount

Tue May 19, 2009 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,
You are costing me alot of money! I just bought the small v.l. based on your testimonial!
I have the same issues w/my neck, so I am hoping for similar results. Have you tried it on the jowl area? It seems like it would be effective there as well. Do I need the large face VL as well? (Please say "no").

tish
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 2:26 pm      Reply with quote

I just want to make it clear again, before anyone runs out to buy the Vaculifter..

My damage WAS NOT caused by the aging process, (as the 1st tiny picture on Jan 1, 2009 clearly shows I have no damage.) My damage came on quickly over the 5 weeks of STOP use, from what I believe was a defective device. (2nd picture shows this sudden looseness.)

I believe that I was able to undue quite a bit of the damage, because I attacked it quickly and often with the Vaculifter, topicals and also my LED, while the situation was still *new*.

I would have no way of knowing, if the Vaculifter would be as effective, for the same amount of damage, sustained over the years through the aging process...

With all that said though, I do highly recommend it, but would also caution that the more damage you have, the longer you give it to work.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
tish wrote:
Kassy,
You are costing me alot of money! I just bought the small v.l. based on your testimonial!
I have the same issues w/my neck, so I am hoping for similar results. Have you tried it on the jowl area? It seems like it would be effective there as well. Do I need the large face VL as well? (Please say "no").

tish

The lg face V is great for the arms, but the small is best for the face, neck and decollete..

My whole lower face was effected, but my neck is where I got the improvement.. I worked on the entire jawline (and still do), but it's still much looser than it was pre STOP.

I won't give up the ship though, and am still plugging away!... Very Happy

tish
5% products discount

Wed May 20, 2009 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Kassy for the information.

I realize that I may not have the same response. Still, I think that it will definitely help. It is worth a try. If I can't diminish the sag through facial exercises, LED and the vaculifter I may just get a facelift. I would much rather try every weapon at my disposal first though.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 10:04 am      Reply with quote
tish wrote:
Thank you Kassy for the information.

I realize that I may not have the same response. Still, I think that it will definitely help. It is worth a try. If I can't diminish the sag through facial exercises, LED and the vaculifter I may just get a facelift. I would much rather try every weapon at my disposal first though.

I totally agree.. There is so much we can do now in the comfort of our own home, that can really make a very noticeable difference to our appearance..

One word of advise I'd like to give you, specifically regarding the neck, is to really go at it with a vengeance.. Give yourself a little time to really get familiar with technique 1st, and once you have that flowing, get more aggressive.. I have also found, after much trial and error, that pure coconut oil works the best for me.

I am at the point now, where my skin gets *barely* pink, and I can treat my neck for 10 or 15 minutes without any ill effects.

ETA.... I also treat the mid-line and thyroid area without any problem! Most other gadgets need to be avoided in that area.

trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 8:04 am      Reply with quote
I have the large face and have been using it most days (with the occasional missed). I use it first thing in the morning, mainly because the benefits of the lymphatic drainage is remarkable. I'm and thee of the puffy eyes in the morning. Just seems that fluid collects in my face. This little problem has made the VL one of my best friends.

I also have reduced eyebags, and notably thicker skin under my eyes. The area under the outer eye where it has started to hollow and look haggard has fleshed out nicely. Like Kassy with her neck, I really go at it (but of course, build up to it!).

I do my face and neck with the lg face. The only place I can't reach is above my eyes, and above the lips is harder to do, but still possible. I'm going to buy the small face too, as the results are definitely worth the outlay.

I work in a lymphatic drainage fashion, firstly clearing the lymph down my neck, and then the jaw area, and working up to my eyes, always sweeping towards the lymph glands. If you unblock everything underneath, it allows everything to flow down to the main duct (which is in your upper chest).

It takes far far longer for my puffiness to go down if I don't do this of a morning. Also, I believe it strengthens the skin. I don't believe that handling the skin delicately prevents aging. I believe that plenty of stimulation keeps the blood flowing and nourishment reaching the skin, encouraging the cells to keep growing and turning over. It's why we include a massage in a facial.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone! This may be a silly question about the vaculifter, but... I've also been over at the Aging Hands thread (sounds like I'm at a skin care fair, huh?) Anyway, do you think that using the vl on your hands would have any benefits? The skin on my hands is really thin and I have large veins with some wrinkling. Just wondering what your thoughts are. Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:19 am      Reply with quote
how long and how frequently do you use it before seeing improvement in cellulite?
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:24 am      Reply with quote
I try to use the Small Face one every day, been slacking with the (Small) Body one though Confused

I've had mine for ages and the little metal pull bit came loose quickly, which meant suction got too erratic. When I rinse the bulb with boiling water/antibac washing up liquid and use it straight after the suction is much better.

So I'd suggest "wetting" it, taking care to hold it at a diagonal and not squeeze the pump.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

you know I never thought about using the vaculifter for the eye area, guess I thought the eye area would have to be avoided. I get alot of under and over eye puffines, that last most of the day, so this would be fantastic if it helped. How long would you recommend using it in this area and would you use a specific direction ?

many thanks

Jackie xx
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:13 am      Reply with quote
sorry, also meant to say I have the 2cm diameter Face one, is this ok to use around the eye area ?

thanks again

Jackie xx
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

you know I never thought about using the vaculifter for the eye area, guess I thought the eye area would have to be avoided. I get alot of under and over eye puffines, that last most of the day, so this would be fantastic if it helped. How long would you recommend using it in this area and would you use a specific direction ?

many thanks

Jackie xx

I've had fairly good results in the eye area, when using a lymphatic drainage technique; Start just under the inner brow area>> with a steady sweeping motion>> all around the enitire orbital bone>> ending at the inner/undereye area. Start with just a couple of passes, and increase as tolerated

You can further drain this area, by following the lymph channel all along the under cheek path, to the ear, and down the neck..

There are a great many videos for "facial lymphatic drainage" on U-Tube, which will make much clearer, what I'm trying to tell you .. Embarassed

I've had great results when using the Vaculifters with a full lymphatic drainage technique, followed by a quick general going over in all areas of face, neck + decollete'..

I also found that equal parts of, Jojoba oil + Avocado oil, mixed with a small amount of vitamin E oil, is excellent for my skin.. A few drops of Antioxidant Booster adds to the benefit.. (When the excess that hasn't been absorbed is wiped away, you will be left with a nice healthy glow + very dewy skin.)

In case anybody wants to try, this is what I do;

VACULIFTER/CUPPING MASSAGE OIL

3 oz Jojoba Oil (pure organic is best)
3 oz Cold Pressed Avocado Oil
1 oz Vitamin E Oil (pure without fillers is best)
1 tsp glycerin (optional, but nice for mature/dry skin)
5 drops of Antioxidant Booster (optional, but nice)
Vitamin C (optional, but any "oil soluble" variety you have on hand would be great added at 5%)

Stir and mix it all together, and store in an 8oz bottle.. I just use a water bottle, but a dark glass bottle is great if you have one.. No need to refrigerate, if you will use up within 6 to 8 weeks.. Recipe can easily be halved or doubled to suit your needs.

This will also take care of any dry skin issues from head to toe if used alone, or you add a little to a face/body lotion!

The good stuff in there;

Vitamins A, B, (C), D, E
Lecithin
Potassium
Fatty Acids (palmitic, palmitoleic, stearic, oleic, linoleic and linolenic)
Bacteria resistant, + increased resistance to oxidation (Jojoba)

In short, this has everything in it that benefits the skin, without any of the chemicals, fillers + nasty stuff we don't need.. (I so love my oils, can you tell.. Very Happy )

I could go on and on, but since I already got totally carried away, I'll give ya'll a break now.. Very Happy

Off to pull out my Vaculifter's, and enjoy a lazy at home spa (Sun)day... Laughing

Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

thanks for your reply, some excellent info there. I can't wait to see if this helps, at least I know the vaculifter can be used around the eyes now. I got mine ages ago, and like alot of things, had stopped using it,

thanks again
Jackie xx
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi Kassy,

thanks for your reply, some excellent info there. I can't wait to see if this helps, at least I know the vaculifter can be used around the eyes now. I got mine ages ago, and like alot of things, had stopped using it,

thanks again
Jackie xx

Just start out slow Jackie, especially around the eyes, and gradually build on time spent.

One other thing in general; if you are prone to broken caps on the cheeks, start out with just a quick pass or two, and build up gradually. (I learned that the hard way.. Shock )

Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
kj68 wrote:
I think everyone should be warned to enter with care on this subject. I just did my body for first time last night, granted with chinese gun suction cups and not vaculift but it is the same concept I think, and I have new stretch marks on my stomache Brick wall I think I'm going to cry. After 2- 8 1/2 pound boys (and I'm a petite 5'2") I may have had 3 stretch marks which are under the bikini line and almost nill after 14 years.

Has anyone else had this happen? I searched back through the cupping thread to see if this had occured to anyone else. I didn't see any other comments on this.

My words of wisdom...do this with exteme caution. Shame on you

I have the Celluless, which is a battery operated device and has very powerful suction. I used it on my arm (stupidly, I might add) without oil. The result was literally a whole cup full of my arm skin and a lot of pain. Even with the machine switched off, I couldn't get my upper arm skin out of the cup. It hurt and so I grabbed a knife and tried to release the vacuum. That didn't work. So there am I sitting there with this thing attached to my arm like a giant leech. Eventually, my husband got it off but I had a big bruise so I second your warning and add never, ever to use the Celluless without a lubricant.

Kassy, you look gorgeous!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! Thanks Antonia, maybe I'm doing something right afterall..Image Laughing

Did you ever have any luck with the crepiness bit on the arm? (Once you did it *with* the oil of course.. Shock )

I honestly think the Vaculifter is quickly becoming a favorite gadget.. It's 5 minutes, a few times per week, and really makes a difference to the skin.. Love it ♥

Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello there Kassy! I haven't seen a difference yet. I'm not doing it as often as I should. The cup is a little too big to get into the crook of my arm although it's great at sucking higher up Sad I am going to get the Vaculifter as soon as I get back from hols.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Wait till you see the ease of using the "V" compared to the manual cups.. I had 2 sets and hated them.. I couldn't believe the difference with the Vaculifter's.. Love them!

Small + Large face does it all for me.. (Sm body is great on my legs and backside when I'm not too lazy, which is seldom.. Crying or Very sad )

Don't forget the oil this time... Shock

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |