Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vaculifter - what are your comments?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:44 am      Reply with quote
Sorry GumGirl I only just spotted your question.
I actually bought the machine for use on the thighs, butt and arms. Haven't tried it on my face and neck. It's really improved my cellulite, so I feel I've definately got my moneys worth. I guess I probably should use it on my face and neck too but where do I find all the time for my beauty routines??? Rolling Eyes
I use 2 different cups, one for the thighs and butt and a small glass one for my arms. They've also got huge ones for the boobs, but I've just put those away.
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone found a seller of the Vaculift face - small & large - in the UK? All my Google searches are drawing a blank Sad . I am loathe to send over the pond again - the waiting is terrible Sad , not because the US side is slow, but rather the UK customs, followed by the parcel being held until they send you a letter saying you need to pay tax plus a handling/delivery fee in the UK, then when that is completed, finally .........they send it out to you Rolling Eyes

Any UK Vaculift suppliers found by other EDS followers?

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've had the small face vaculifter a few weeks. I like the way it feels...when I can get it to work. It's getting harder and harder to create suction with it, and then the suction only lasts for a few seconds, even with my face oiled and my other hand on the bell to keep it close to my face. It's getting to be a real hassle, not to mention a disappointment considering the cost.

Anyone successfully dealt with this?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:35 am      Reply with quote
The Small Face is more difficult to use than the Large Face IMO. You do manage to develop a technique after a while - but the Large Face is much easier to use and has better suction.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used successfully the small body vaculifter on the forehead and neck?

I have been using the small and large face vaculifter successfully on my cheeks and around my mouth area but I can't seem to get the forehead and neck area treated.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the large face for several weeks now and after my first initial hickey's have gotten the hang of it. I am able to use it every other day or so no problem.
However, Tues. night I was using it while watching American Idol and I overused it I guess, but I had suctioned up a huge cyst on my chin!! It became the size of a skeeter bite. So that was an interesting turn. But I sat there with it on my face for a long time, definite overkill and the suction was working harder than it had been in a while. Ouch!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
The Small Face is more difficult to use than the Large Face IMO. You do manage to develop a technique after a while - but the Large Face is much easier to use and has better suction.

Thanks, Keliu. I got the small because I figured it would fit everywhere and I'd just have to do more work to get the whole face. I didn't realize I'd have to squeeze it 20 times before I got any suction. I have more success with my $2 shower plunger (too bad that's waaaay to big for the undereye area!)
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
In case it helps those who are using the "small" face Vaculifter, this is what I figured out after trial and error that helps.

- use just enough oil to give your face/neck/chest a good shine

- place the bulb firmly to the skin *before* squeezing the bulb

- once you squeeze, and get a good suction, keep the bulb firmly pushed into the skin, and try to keep it constantly in motion. Try to move it rather swiftly, while pressing it firmly into your skin

- It helps to make your skin *taut* on each section you're treating. Try flexing those muscles you are moving over, and also you can firmly anchor the skin with your free hand. So as an example, lets say you are working at the jawline; jut your jaw out, flex/hold the jaw and neck muscles, and with your free hand pull up and anchor the skin from the cheek area. Now when the skin is taut, just really go at that whole area. Repeat for other side. (Hope that's not completely confusing.. Confused )

For me, once I got the hang of it, it's been clear sailing. I have all 4 Vaculifter's, and find the small face the very best. I absolutely can't get the lg face model to work on my skinny neck. It's just too big to hold the suction there. It's okay for the cheeks/chest, but that's it on me. The small face is perfect for me for face, neck and chest.

For those who don't yet have a favorite oil they're using, Macadamia Nut Oil is a great one. It's light, has little or no smell, your skin will easily absorb what it craves, and it's a great oil for just about any skin type. Much like Jojoba, it can actually help 'oily' skin concerns, because it's most similar to our own natural sebum...

My favorite combo is Macadamia, Coconut + a bit of Avocado these days.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, thank you Kassy! I just got mine last week and I still haven't figured out a way to keep it going without losing suction every few seconds. I'll try your suggestions.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
For ages I've had the Small Vaculift, it started to lose suction after a few months (I use it nearly every day).

There's an ebay Germany seller (beauty_for_ever) who's selling the older Vaculift (I assume, as they're a different colour; green and yellow) on auction, so I thought I'd treat myself to new ones. Both Small and Large Face.

The Large Face definitely has more suction! Unforunately there's no way you can get to your eyes/upper lip so you really need both, though I'd go for Small only if you're on a budget. My old Small Vaculift has considerably less suction and I had to keep pressing the bulb all the time. It's definitely made my skin feel thicker, and it's invaluable as an OCM tool.

I found "wetting" the older Vaculift's bulb helped it stay on the skin a bit longer, but the metal pull was loose after a while, and I think the poor suction is just wear and tear. Unfortnately.

Edit: The ebay seller is definitely selling an older version, the website quoted on the packaging doesn't work any more (vaculift-online.de). It's exactly the same as the blue one.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I've had my new ones for a week or two now, what a difference between my old Small Face and the new! Like night and day.

I was having problems with suction with them both, and now the Small Face refuses to work at all. I press the rubber bulb and it stays sucked in, when I undo the metal pull it goes back to normal, but nothing I do gives the plastic bell any suction. Any ideas how I can bring it back to life?

The Large Face did this too but I found pumping the bulb continuously, with the metal pull held out with my other hand, solved it.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I was reading my FlexEffect book and it says that loss of facial fat is due to reduced vascularity in the skin. I would think the Vaculift would help tremendously with increasing vascularity. Anyone have an opinion on this? Thank you.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 11:25 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi everyone, I was reading my FlexEffect book and it says that loss of facial fat is due to reduced vascularity in the skin. I would think the Vaculift would help tremendously with increasing vascularity. Anyone have an opinion on this? Thank you.

Just about anything that brings that oxygen enriched blood to the skins surface is a very good thing.

Increased circulation > equals increased oxygenated blood > equals *food* to stimulate and nourish all cells. Deep breathing exercises a few times per day, is another wonderful thing.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Y34963
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my Vaculifter last week. I only use it for about 5 minutes every second day and my skin is glowing afterwards. I am moving up my minutes tonight. I bought the two for the face and finding that they work great.

I need another hour in the evening now so I have time for the Vaculifter and Lightstim. Very Happy I just love them both.

I use them after each other which I hope is ok.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:
Has anyone found a seller of the Vaculift face - small & large - in the UK? All my Google searches are drawing a blank Sad . I am loathe to send over the pond again - the waiting is terrible Sad , not because the US side is slow, but rather the UK customs, followed by the parcel being held until they send you a letter saying you need to pay tax plus a handling/delivery fee in the UK, then when that is completed, finally .........they send it out to you Rolling Eyes

Any UK Vaculift suppliers found by other EDS followers?

Hi Katy,
I bought mine from a German Ebay seller (and a couple of friends have followed suit). Quick and cheap, no complaints from us and no import duty!

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/topshop24you

I have the small face but thinking about buying the large body for my thighs. Anyone had success with the vaculift for cellulite reduction?
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I need to weigh in here - i've had the small face vaculifter for about 2 weeks and i am blown away at it's effectiveness. i do alot for my skin, Flex effect, vit c, RA and cp's, but this little gadget (which i scoffed at initially) has refined my pores and plumped my skin in a way that all the others combined were not.
I have zenity to thank, she talked alot about cupping and how she could almost change the shape of her face with it...that was all i needed to hear. I liked the effects of the vaculifter so much that i bought a cupping set (i refuse to put out another $70 when i know the cups ($30) will do the trick and give you size choices) I was lucky to be able to purchase them at my local accupuncture school - i've been cupping my legs for cellulite - it hasn't been long (4 days) - so i don't know yet, but i think it holds a lot of promise.

m
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2010 2:52 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the vaculift small face since Oct 09 and one thing I've noticed is it's effectiveness is increased if you have an occasional break from it. I found after using it daily for 3 months, there was no daily wow and in fact I felt it was making my skin look 'tired'. I stopped for 2 weeks and although my skin didn't deteriorate to pre-vaculift standards, once I began again I started getting the wow factor back again. I've just had a month break from the vaculift and began again 3 days ago and my skin is getting wonderfully plump.
Basically what I'm trying to say (in a very long winded way) is try having a break every now and again if you use it daily. Smile
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2010 8:26 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the reminder miranda. I've been trying to pace myself 'cause i just love using this, but i know i could end up overworking the skin creating the opposite of the desired effect. I'm still in the honeymoon stage - no doubt the vl's dark side will reveal it self Crying or Very sad - that said, i did get id'd the other day and told i look very good Shock so for now i'm experiencing blind love!

(oh, and i (mostly) always do my facial exercises)
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I'm new here, this is only my second post; the vacumlift machine looks very interesting~the one in the link that Mishey posted. As a former massage therapist, and a lover a beauty gadgets and massagers, one item that I got last year which I'd forgotten about until reading this thread, is one of the cupping sets off EBay which have rubber balls for the suction. The only thing is, the one I got came with the magnets inside which are used to stimulate acupressure points. It works pretty good and was very inexpensive. I had bought it to used on shoulder pain, but I just tried on my face and neck and it worked really well for stimulating the blood-flow. A few months ago, I tried using one of those vacuum facial things that were very popular awhile ago for removing blackheads, it's small but almost gave me a hickey Laughing
IsabelleQ

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hello and happy new year Smile ! This is my 2 post in the forum ever.

I've been using the Vaculifter for 6 months. I'm very happy with the LargeFace. I can see the skin glowing afterwards, and feel the face muscles sort of exercised.
Unfortunately I can't get the results I want from the SmallFace in the eye area. No improvement in the puffiness /dark circles.

Perhaps I use it wrongly. I only use it around the eyes, not inside the eye lid.
I was wondering, should I dare and use it inside the upper and lower eye lid ..?
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Someone had mentioned that they used the Vaculift on their lips and it kept them plumped all day. Was it the small or large size Vaculift that you used?
WearyAtlas
5% products discount

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have small face and large body VC. I love large body, which I am using every day. I can tell the difference in my cellulite! I can't live without my VC and I was thinking to order secong large body just in case.
As for small face - I am not sure. It is OK. I think it can stretch eye area.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
WearyAtlas wrote:

As for small face - I am not sure. It is OK. I think it can stretch eye area.

It will greatly reduce the skin tugging if you hold your skin at the side of the face/eye taut with your free hand..

Gradually working up the time and aggression is a good idea also.. Plenty of oil decreases the 'dragging' as well.

I need to pull mine back out after two months of sickness/neglect.. Love that little gizmo.. Very Happy

WearyAtlas
5% products discount

Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy for advice. Wink

What about Botox and Vaculifting? I also noticed that blue handle Vacu is better quality than green handle.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:23 am      Reply with quote
WearyAtlas wrote:
......I also noticed that blue handle Vacu is better quality than green handle.

Hi WearyAtlas,

What is the difference you noticed? Mine is the green one.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |