Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Prelim Review: La Roche Posay Fluid Extreme 50
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
belledivine67
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
After much deliberation and input from you lovely members, I finally decided to order my La Roche Posay Fluid Extreme 50 fromwww.beautycheap.com, which is located in Texas. The product was available in a promo package from Greece, containing a 50 ml bottle of Fluid Extreme, a 100 ml bottle of Posthelios (after sun repair creme) and a 50 g bottle of thermal spring water spray, all from La Roche. This was the only way the Fluid Extreme bottle was available at this time. ANYWAY, the texture is very watery, almost like a liquid. You don't have to use much, do to the texture, which spreads quickly. It has been three hours since my application, and my skin feels totally oil/grease free, which is awesome condidering my acne prone skin. Heres hoping that my skin agrees with the product! It feels great and there is no residue. The bottle, however, is small. It will probably last awhile, since it is so watery, however I will order a large bottle the next time, if this "experiment" works out. Just a side bar......I emailed a woman who carries Avene and Bioderm in New Mexico. ANYWAY, she stressed to me that you cannot layer mineral makeup over Bioderma or La Roche sunscreens, since both contain avobenzone. She said that avobenzone degrades in the presence of minerals, which we already knew. A few members of this forum say that you can layer mineral makeups over avobenzone. This woman said that no conclusive studies have been performed to thoroughly test this theory. Therefore, she recommends NOT using either mineral makeup or physical sunscreens over avobenzone sunscreens. She said that Avene is different and that you can use minerals overtop, since it does not contain avobenzone.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
belledivine67, I am afraid that's what I think too. Avobenzone will be degraded in the presence of minerals. But some sunscreens have Avobenzone and Titanium Dioxide in them as actives, so I guess as long as the minerals are coated, it should be fine. But usually MMU is not coated and therefore I feel that it should not be used with Avobenzone.

Anyone can give some feedback on this would be great! Smile

** BTW, what do u use at night to remove this sunscreen? ** Did u use the recommended 1/4tsp of sunscreen on your face?
belledivine67
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds stupid, but is Titanium Dioxide a mineral? AND, if it is, why would La Roche Posay combine it with avobenzone? Would it not degrade it?

I definitely will not use mineral makeup overtop this product.

I applied a relatively small amount, probably 1/4 tsp to my face.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
belledivine67 wrote:
This sounds stupid, but is Titanium Dioxide a mineral? AND, if it is, why would La Roche Posay combine it with avobenzone? Would it not degrade it?

I definitely will not use mineral makeup overtop this product.

I applied a relatively small amount, probably 1/4 tsp to my face.

belledivine67, from my understanding, as long as the minerals are coated, it's ok to be used with Avobenzone. In LRP case, the Titanium Dioxide must be coated. But I don't think MMU is so .... But Ocean14, another forum member, mentioned that Avobenzone is ok with MMU as it's already stabilized with Mexoryl so I really don't know. There are no studies shown to support that so I'm uncertain.
belledivine67
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
That makes me feel better! I agree with you regarding the mineral makeup. There is not enough information out there to confirm that it is ok to use it over avobenzone. For now, I will use the sunscreen without makeup overtop. It seems to me that even "non-mineral" makeup must have some type of mineral component.

Luckily this is only a really big issue for us part of the year, since we live in a very cloudy area. When the sun is only incidental, I won't obsess over sunscreen as much! Although, I do still plan to use it year round.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
belledivine67, I do believe even if you're using MMU on top, the degradation should be minimal as it's only powder which is just sitting on top. Also, I think Mexoryl itself is protecting you against the UV rays already. So even though if Avobenzone is degraded by the minerals, the Mexoryl itself is not. hhm not sure if this makes any sense or not? Confused
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |