Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Careful with hydroquinone
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
pellie
5% products discount

Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Just thought I'd pass on something I found out the hard way:-( Not that hydroquinone is good for you, but it does work if you have really bad dark spots. Anyway so I ordered some powder on line and it is really nasty stuff - it looks like fiberglass and has all these warnings not to inhale - I actually threw it out because I thought my face might fall off!
zyggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I got a script of 4% cream for my hyperpigmentation after my laser surgery, I called bronzing, seems to be working, I've been using it for 4 weeks.

He wanted me to try the 400.00 Obagi system, but I settled for the 40.00 script. Very Happy

Maybe you can ask your Dr for a script. The Pharmacist told me to rub it in well.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:37 am      Reply with quote
zyggy wrote:
I got a script of 4% cream for my hyperpigmentation after my laser surgery, I called bronzing, seems to be working, I've been using it for 4 weeks.

He wanted me to try the 400.00 Obagi system, but I settled for the 40.00 script. Very Happy

Maybe you can ask your Dr for a script. The Pharmacist told me to rub it in well.

Ziggy, what is a script of 4% cream?? You mean you got something called Script for $40 which works for your hyperpigmentation?? Could you explain a little more detail??
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Generic 4% hydroquinone creams can be purchased at a low cost either at alldaychemist.com or medsmex.com

Also Reviva lightening creams get good reviews, but I do not know hydroquinone percentage in Reviva's creams.
Eric210
5% products discount

Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the prescription Remergent HQ and it worked well. I also use the non-prescription Remergent Clarifying concentrate2 for my discolorations and scars. Seems to be working you might wanna try it. There's also a promo code for Remergent right now. well actually skinbreakthroughs, they changed their online shop website. RWC7084 will give you 15% off your entire Remergent purchase.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
azumma wrote:

Ziggy, what is a script of 4% cream?? You mean you got something called Script for $40 which works for your hyperpigmentation?? Could you explain a little more detail??

She got a prescription for 4% hydroquinone from her Dr.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks GirlieGirl and mpstat I am currently using Obagi but the cost is really high..So if this a prescription for 4% hydroquinone is cheaper and give the same result, I might try Shock The forum is so useful Bad Grin
cmolivas

Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have been using hydroquinone 4% cream for about 2 months. My skin has bad acne and I would like to stop the hydroquinone and use some benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid to help clear up the bacteria, but I heard that hydroquinone and these things can be bad together. Does anyone know long should I wait before I can start using other acne medication?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:12 am      Reply with quote
cmolivas wrote:
I have been using hydroquinone 4% cream for about 2 months. My skin has bad acne and I would like to stop the hydroquinone and use some benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid to help clear up the bacteria, but I heard that hydroquinone and these things can be bad together. Does anyone know long should I wait before I can start using other acne medication?

I don't think Hydroquinone helps prevent ace, is helpful to fade the spots acne leave behind. You can use all 3 if you want. Just use they H at night and BP/SA in the morning, or the other way around if you like. You will probably want to start of slow using BP/SA so its not too irritating.
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:42 am      Reply with quote
hydroquinone is the most regrettable product I've ever used...it ruined my skin tone.
zyggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
azumma wrote:

She got a prescription for 4% hydroquinone from her Dr.
What Girlie said, sorry I didn't explain myself better.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |