Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
eye cream for 26 year old
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sweetp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I know that it is about time that I invest in a good eye cream...there are just so many out there that I don't know where to start. I want to prevent aging around the eyes and lighten some light circles I have. Any rec's??
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi.
I use a vitamin C serum and a retinoid cream under my eyes as well as on the rest of my face. These are potent, active ingredients that can correct and prevent signs of aging.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi sweetpea -- I'm about your age too, and have also been thinking it was time to use some eye creams. Unfortunately, my young person budget isn't quite up for a fancy eye cream yet. Because the area around my eyes doesn't seem to be overly sensitive (it can tolerate different types of creams without irritation), I'm actually using just samples right now... I don't know about you, but with all my online beauty orders, I've gotten tons of free samples, many of which include eye creams. And because you need so little, I can make a sample last nearly a week... and then I pick a new sample! I know consistency is important, and I follow that on the rest of my face. But for me eyes, I figure at this age whatever I do is better than nothing, and some of those samples are for pretty pricey creams -- might as well make good use of them and save money too! Very Happy

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I know I mention it all the time, but, hey, it's worth mentioning again- the caffeine eye cream from 100% pure is both awesome and inexpensive. Very Happy It's the only product I use that's specifically for the eyes. But I also have no problem using face creams in the eye area as well.

Edited to add: the easiest thing you can do is use an oil around the eyes. I use castor oil. (not on the same nights that I use the 100% pure eye cream, or anything else)

5% products discount

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
Hi.
I use a vitamin C serum and a retinoid cream under my eyes as well as on the rest of my face. These are potent, active ingredients that can correct and prevent signs of aging.

One should be careful when using products with vitamin C during summer as it can cause pigmentation spots. Please remember to use SPF as well when using vit C products Smile
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend the Decleor 'triple action eye cream' - it's very good

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Lindapinda wrote:
Septembergirl wrote:
Hi.

One should be careful when using products with vitamin C during summer as it can cause pigmentation spots. Please remember to use SPF as well when using vit C products Smile

Hi. Vitamin C serum is proven to reduce the appearance of brown spots and sun damaged skin, hence it's advisable to use it in the morning. I have never seen any warnings against using it during the summer to avoid sun spots forming. On the contrary, vitamin C serum is known to give extra antioxidant protection against sun rays. But yes, you should always use sun screen, as well.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I've been switching between different options and I'm happy with Avene Ystheal+ contour des yeux for now. I sometimes use Kiehl's avocado as an alternative.

Eye creams that didn't make any change on me include clinique all about eyes, Dr. Brandt lineless, Kiehl's abyssine eye cream, just to name a few.

Actually most eye creams don't make a big difference. I suffer from chronic sleeplessness and yet whenever I get quality sleep my undereye area shows improvement.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |