Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Seborrheic Keratosis - at Home Treatment (Cure)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 9:56 am      Reply with quote
JEB325 - can you please share more on your results? and welcome to the forum Smile ... sorry unintentionally missed you in my previous post.
cin-cin

Wed May 19, 2010 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Well it's my second day. I put the hp on my right ankle again; it stung a LOT but on one area it didn't hurt as much as yesterday. It turned white, but didn't turn pink, the way other folks said it did. Am I doing this right? When will I start to see a difference?
chgh

Thu May 20, 2010 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Dianna wrote:
Hi Folks,
The skin around it turned white immediately which scared me, so I rinsed it off. I thought it was supposed to start bubbling when I applied it, but it didn't. Any ideas about that?

Thank you CHGH for suggesting the baking soda/water neutralizer. I'm going to try that since I don't have any Vaseline in the house. Time to go try it out again!

Dianna,
I hope it works eventually! I forgot to mention about the whiteness and bubbling. So much to remember! Yes it will go white, this is the initial reaction on skin. I got this whiteness on my fingertips before I started to wear gloves - it is the first stage of the 'burning'!! but won't do much if you don't keep repeating it. with repeat applications, the skin will start to soften and break down, and then each application will be more effective, so mine stung more as time went on. It was only a very slight, subtle stinging at first, really tiny bubbles. Had to really look closely. But then it stung more as the SK broke up more. I got worried that it would start to hurt the healthy skin beneath the SK [on my face remember - really didn't want it to go wrong!] but all it seemed to do was 'kill' the SK, turning it into a scab that eventually came off.
Does this help?
CHGH
JEB325

Thu May 20, 2010 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
JEB325 - can you please share more on your results? and welcome to the forum Smile ... sorry unintentionally missed you in my previous post.

Thanks for the welcome. I said previously that on my large SK's I simply applied liquid corn & callus remover. Easy to apply just to the SK. After 3 or 4 days they peeled off easily. Probably would fall off after a good soak. No bleeding, just pink marks left. If they are not totally gone, I reapply for a 3 or 4 more days and get the rest of the little suckers!
For the batch of very small ones under the braline I am now trying NeoStrat ultra smoothing cream. It is an exfoliater so will report back on this. Large ones are gone!!!!
stinkypoo

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry it has taken me so long to post my results. To recap - I have numerous sks on my back and some of them were relatively large and old. In another 10 years I could easily have been the poster child for one of those horror pictures on the net. Just call me Barnacle Bonnie.

So I tried the spray on glycolic acid method that mpstat described at the beginning of this thread. I did a couple of spray-ons for two nights in a row with some additional spot treatment on the bigger sks. Waited a few days, then did more 'spot' treatment on some bigger areas for a couple of days. I got impatient and basically covered my back with glycolic acid with a q-tip. ouch. I managed to burn the snot out of myself (bubbled blisters and all).

It has been a couple of months later now and many of the smaller sks on my back are gone and the larger ones are much thinner. I've started spot treatment again on a few of them and them seem to be peeling off more easily now. Still have quite a few of them, though. Mostly small ones, but still ugly. Maybe I'll try corn and callus remover on them.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:48 am      Reply with quote
stinkypoo - good to hear that you were able to remove small SK, and the rest are on the way Smile Please let us how it turns out with the rest and corn and callus remover.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:50 am      Reply with quote
cin-cin wrote:
Well it's my second day. I put the hp on my right ankle again; it stung a LOT but on one area it didn't hurt as much as yesterday. It turned white, but didn't turn pink, the way other folks said it did. Am I doing this right? When will I start to see a difference?

cin-cin - what happened with your treatment?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:53 am      Reply with quote
JEB325 wrote:
mpstat wrote:

Thanks for the welcome. I said previously that on my large SK's I simply applied liquid corn & callus remover. Easy to apply just to the SK. After 3 or 4 days they peeled off easily. Probably would fall off after a good soak. No bleeding, just pink marks left. If they are not totally gone, I reapply for a 3 or 4 more days and get the rest of the little suckers!
For the batch of very small ones under the braline I am now trying NeoStrat ultra smoothing cream. It is an exfoliater so will report back on this. Large ones are gone!!!!

Great!!!! Very Happy
jat68

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I am new to this forum although I have been reading it for some time. I have the SK's and I have been to a dermatologist with the same answers that apparently most others have received. Although she is very willing to remove any of them I want, she says the best advice she has is to just accept it because I will always have it to deal with....not exactly what you want to hear when dealing with this. My dad is 70 years old and is polluted with them and I do not want that....at least not at 41 years old. I have recently bought the 35% HP and have been spot applying it full strength (which is similar to sticking a lit match to your skin - haha), but so far I'm not seeing a lot of results. Some of them are getting kind of "scabby" but I can't say that I have removed any of them yet. Can someone who has had success with this let me know how long it usually takes and how often you apply? Thanks so much.
moi
5% products discount

Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
For those who found the higher strength H2O2 at a health food store, in what section of the store was it located?

I couldn't find any at Whole Foods, however, maybe I didn't look in the right place.
chubbycherry

Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I found that using a paste of castor oil and baking soda and applied daily for about a week worked.
The S.K. bleed a little, scabbed over and healed well within a couple of weeks.

Castor oil on it's own worked but not as fast.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
moi wrote:
For those who found the higher strength H2O2 at a health food store, in what section of the store was it located?

I couldn't find any at Whole Foods, however, maybe I didn't look in the right place.

moi - it was located in a fridge section
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
jat68 wrote:
I am new to this forum although I have been reading it for some time. I have the SK's and I have been to a dermatologist with the same answers that apparently most others have received. Although she is very willing to remove any of them I want, she says the best advice she has is to just accept it because I will always have it to deal with....not exactly what you want to hear when dealing with this. My dad is 70 years old and is polluted with them and I do not want that....at least not at 41 years old. I have recently bought the 35% HP and have been spot applying it full strength (which is similar to sticking a lit match to your skin - haha), but so far I'm not seeing a lot of results. Some of them are getting kind of "scabby" but I can't say that I have removed any of them yet. Can someone who has had success with this let me know how long it usually takes and how often you apply? Thanks so much.

There are multiple posts throughout the thread on the treatment procedures and outcomes. Hear are a couple quotes:

From page 4 of this thread:
mpstat wrote:
RK - I went back to abstract on treating SK with hydrogen peroxide.

In case studies they said multiple treatments might be required, also H2O2 strength might vary. In the results summary they say that by day 90 of study pretty much all treatment was over. The impression I got that most cases are treatable with 35% H2O2, and the overall treatment did not exceed 4-5 weeks, and even shorter.... but they might omitted cases with longer duration in case studies description?...

Examples from the article
The article contains several examples which are different from case studies. In examples they suggest to treat different types of SK with different solution strengths. Below is a brief summary:

Example 1 - Acanthotic Seborrheic Keratosis - 50% hydrogen peroxide, re-apply if needed. SK should spontaneously detach 3 to 6 days after procedure.

Example 2 - Hyperkeratotic Seborrheic Keratosis - 45% hydrogen peroxide, re-apply if needed to achive complete penetration. Crust formed after one day, separate after three days. Re-treat two days after crust separation until satisfactory elimination of lesions is achieved.

Example 3 - Dermatolipoma Seborrheic Keratosis - 35% hydrogen peroxide, re-apply to achieve through lesion blanching. Retreat remaining SK five days post initial treatment.

Example 4 - Verrucous Seborrheic Keratosis - 38% hydrogen peroxide, two layers. Retreat any remaining SK at five days intervals.

There are more examples, but I think the ones above give a good sample. Also in the article they metion that H2O2 concentration could be between 23% and 80%, e.g. 23, 24, 27, 30, 35, 40, 43, 48, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80.

From page 1 of this thread:
mpstat wrote:

Treatment
• Cleanse
• Apply neutralizer composition to the skin surrounding SK (you can get it from some Internet sites or maybe health food store. Here is a link to Callbone Neutralizer page http://cellbone.com/Neturalizer.htm ). DO NOT apply neutralizer to SK itself.
I did not do it since for me it was not crucial, the treated areas were on my back that I covered with clothing. But for you this step might be important to protect healthy skin around SK from H2O2.
• Apply H2O2 with a brush or a cotton swab to SK - I think small brush is preferred, you can be more precise with the brush.
• Dry with heated forced air drier (SK will bubble)
Apply H2O2 for the second time if necessary

Post-Treatment
• Apply pHaze ReBalance cream eight hours post treatment
• Re-apply cream after SK detaches

Repeat Teratements
Repeat treatments with one week intervals if needed

They describe Case #2 that might be similar to yours James:
Case History Number 2
A thirty-eight year old single mother of two presented with an unsightly grayish-pink, verrucous seborrheic keratosis covering her right cheek. She was extremely self-conscious of the lesion and kept her long hair over the seborrheic keratosis to conceal it. The lesion was of several years duration.... The dermatologists she consulted recommended either surgical or laser removal but could not guarantee scar-free results. The seborrheic keratosis was treated with a 35 percent plus hydrogen peroxide seborrheic keratosis composition of the present invention and allowed to react completely. Four days post treatment, the subject awoke to find the seborrheic keratosis lying on her pillow. She placed the seborrheic keratosis in a ZIP-LOCK® plastic bag and delivered it to the PCA Skin Center® where it was sent off for histologic examination. The subject was overjoyed with the result of her treatment that left no sign of the seborrheic keratosis. The subject is still keratosis free three years post treatment.

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
chubbycherry wrote:
I found that using a paste of castor oil and baking soda and applied daily for about a week worked.
The S.K. bleed a little, scabbed over and healed well within a couple of weeks.

Castor oil on it's own worked but not as fast.

interesting.....
Starfire

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Observe my progress and results using 35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) as a natural alternative medication, to destroy my Keratosis. Photos and comments at my website provide you with a continual up-date on my progress. Send me a private message, or an email, and I will provide you with the website address. As a new member, I cannot include the website address in this post.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Starfire wrote:
Observe my progress and results using 35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) as a natural alternative medication, to destroy my Keratosis. Photos and comments at my website provide you with a continual up-date on my progress. Send me a private message, or an email, and I will provide you with the website address. As a new member, I cannot include the website address in this post.

Starfire - you can post on the thread the web site name using words. Something like:
www dot MyWebSiteName dot com
armamp95

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I am sitting here stinging like crazy after my third day of applying HP to many of my SK lesions, both on my face and trunk. The ones on my face seems to be reacting more virulently, so I will let them rest for a few days. Two of the spots on my face are on the under-eye area, and the fumes from even a light coating seem to irritate my eyes. An immediate flooding with eye drops seems to counteract this, though.

My father (and his mother) were increasingly bothered by huge SK's throughout their old age-- I hope that I am working out a workable removal (& prevention!) system.

[As I was writing this message, the stinging has gradually dwindled away.]
nikkkiC

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:24 am      Reply with quote
jat68 wrote:

Hello Jat68, I am interested in hearing more about your story because I too and your age (and am tired of hearing this happens to older people- I dont consider myself old...YET). My grandfather is also polluted with them and I take after him as far as skin problems go. But what most intriqued me about your post was that you explained how the H202 only scabbed your SK and didn't make them "fall off" like others report. I have multiple SKs on my legs and arms only (another atypical thing, since most occur on face,trunk,etc.) and NONE OF THEM HAVE EVER FALLEN OFF! They just get scabby and I pick them and irritate them, and it leaves a red area, and I can still feel a little SK there too. Some SK have changed from dry scaly to mini mosquito looking things.Please keep me posted on your success. I am also trying Glycolic Acid and Salycic Acid with Urea. The former 2 are supposed to eat away at them and the latter is supposed to soften it so I can scrape it off. We'll see!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I visited Startfire page and he has good information on SK treatments. He has a severe case of SK which is older and proliferating. After trying H2o2 and getting some progress, but wanting more he tried really extreme approach with liquid nitrogen Shock It results in blisters and waaaay harsher then H2O2 at least from what I saw in doctors offices. Shock Anybody that decides to follow Starfire steps needs to be VERY careful.

Startfire - thank you so much for all the experiments with SK removal, and all time and effort to put it together! Smile

Here is the Starfire info:

LIQUID NITROGEN
I strongly advise you to read Wikipedia's article about liquid nitrogen before using it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_nitrogen

WHERE TO OBTAIN LIQUID NITROGEN
Locating and buying liquid nitrogen is easy. Look in your local phone book for suppliers of welding gases. Call one, and ask them if you can buy a small amount of liquid nitrogen for a school science project you're helping your kid, grandson, or whoever, with. 2 - Their next questions will be how much you need, and whether you have a Dewar flask to transport it. The answers are "one litre" and "yes." A common Thermos bottle is a perfectly acceptable storage vessel for liquid nitrogen. Any quart-capacity vacuum-type glass or metal thermos bottle will do. Buy the cheapest Thermos bottle you can find, because the liquid nitrogen will leave stinky residue in the thermos. Be sure to act very casual about it. You can expect to pay less than $10. Many places will even give it to you for free.

HOW TO SAFELY TRANSPORT LIQUID NITROGEN
You need to take some important precautions to transport your liquid nitrogen. After the thermos has been filled, pack the mouth of the thermos with a wad of paper towels. If available, screw the cap on, to hold the paper towels in place - but be certain to screw it on loosely. That will allow the vaporizing gases to escape, preventing your thermos from possibly exploding. An alternative would be to drill a hole in the screw-on cap to serve as a venting hole. Keep the thermos upright while transporting it.

LIQUID NITROGEN PRECAUTIONS
According to Wikipedia (the free online encyclopedia), liquid nitrogen boils at −321 °F - (that's 321 degrees below zero! ) and it is a cryogenic fluid which can cause rapid freezing on contact with living tissue, which may lead to frostbite, so handle it with caution!

HOW TO APPLY LIQUID NITROGEN
Very carefully, pour a small amount of liquid nitrogen into a Styrofoam cup (if available). Don't dip the Q-Tip directly in the thermos, as it may contaminate the liquid nitrogen. Apply the Q-Tip to the center of the keratosis several times, until it becomes white in color. You need to keep applying the liquid nitrogen, until the core of the keratoses have been frozen. Try to avoid covering the healthy skin tissue surrounding the keratosis. As you freeze into the core of the keratosis, you'll be using a bit more pressure. After the keratosis seems frozen enough, give it rest and the color will slowly return. If you think it may not have been frozen deeply enough, you can repeat the process. There will be some minor spikes of cold pain. In general, the cold deadens the nerves, so it isn't bad. Obviously any major pain is a sign you're doing too much. 3 - Put a bandage or Band-aid over the keratosis to protect it if you like. 4 - If the keratosis is bigger, you may try just freezing half of it the first time, and then do the rest in a few weeks' time. You want to keep the damage small enough so that your body can heal it safely, without infection, even if the blister breaks, opening the skin. Obviously if the keratosis is very big you may want to do it in more stages. 5 - If you have several keratosis, you can do them all at once. You may need to repeat the procedure later for any keratosis that come back, but now you will be experienced. It is easy and cheap.
nikkkiC

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Hello all! I need some clarification about H202 applications. When y'all say repeat everyday for however many # of weeks, etc., how many times per day are we talking? For instance, if I apply H202 on my small to medium sized SKs, should I reapply a few hours later or wait until the next day?
Starfire

Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:26 am      Reply with quote
With reference to how often you should apply H2O2, I suggest you perform a search in Google, using how often should I apply hydrogen peroxide to my keratosis as the phrase to be searched. When the search results appear, look for, and click on - Using 35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide To Remove Keratosis. I applied it almost daily, and you can see photos of my results at that website. When researching H2O2, and its effect on keratosis, I did not find any information as to how often to use it, but that's not saying it doesn't exist. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
nikkkiC wrote:
Hello all! I need some clarification about H202 applications. When y'all say repeat everyday for however many # of weeks, etc., how many times per day are we talking? For instance, if I apply H202 on my small to medium sized SKs, should I reapply a few hours later or wait until the next day?

nikkkiC - please scroll up this page and you'll see the answers to your questions highlighted in red. Also you can read in more detail the specified pages of this thread.
jat68

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi nikkkiC! Thanks for the reply! I have recently had a measure of success with the HP! Yay! However, I'm not overly excited, because the SK's are just sort of "layering" off, if you know what I mean. What I have found is that when they get really scabby, I can pick away the scabby part and the SK is smaller. I have had some success with a larger SK, so it is easier to see the progress, and although it is not completely gone, it is flatter, so I am continuing to reapply the HP. My biggest problem is that I have lots of little SK's on my neck and upper back and a few on my chest. These are the ones that are difficult to treat because of the volume of the them and their small size. Spot treating is a little difficult. I've read the posts about spraying large areas with the glycolic acid, so maybe that is the route I need to take. I'm not sure...anyone have any advice?
cin-cin

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Well I admit I didn't keep up with the treatment. I am back on it though, day 3. Will keep you updated.
skipperdee

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have been looking for pictures to confirm this SK and came across this website. This sounds bad but before I even knew what it was I tried to treat it. Well, it turned out that it worked! First of all I have had these spots all over my legs for about four years. I thought that they were sunspots, but I noticed for the last several years that they were raised, and it just didn't seem like sunspots despite what everyone was telling me. Then I thought well maybe they are warts. Anyway long story short I've been sick and tired of these things and thought well maybe this salicylic acid will work (I have mild psoriasis on certain spots of my body). I had this sort of over the counter spot treatment for psoriasis which has a high concentrate of salicylic acid and since many skin issues are treated with that I though aww what the heck I'll just dab some on. Well let me tell you it stung REALLY REALLY BAD. It doesn't even sting when I put it on psoriasis. So I wiped it off immediately but didn't wash it off. The next day it itched like CRAZY. The next day I noticed it was peeling off!! So I grabbed some tweezers to help peel it off. It hurt a little and I didn't want to push the situation especially since I didn't full know what I was dealing with. So all was left of the spot was a crescent moon shape-the part that peeled was white. So I had some free time tonight and been really sick of these things (so ugly) and did some googling luckly found out this is exactly what it is, so I simply peeled the rest of it off and put neosporin on it. I just did this so we will see what happens. I only applied this one time. Just thought I would let you know that salicylic worked for me.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |