Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Seborrheic Keratosis - at Home Treatment (Cure)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Hi glenss Smile - I have not tried hydrogen peroxide treatment for skin tags, so do not know if it works. If you try and it works please let us know.

A friend of mine recommended oregano essential oil (EO) on skin tags. It should be good undiluted oregano EO, and with careful applications. Most of the oils are diluted or not of a good quality. I tried several brands and know there is tremendous difference between them. With a brand I use now the oregano oil was so strong that I got burned, while other brands were quite mild. I now suspect that with good oil of oregano it is possible to treat other skin conditions including SK. Just a thought.

The best with your H2O2 SK treatments!

mpstat could you tell us which oregano oil you use that's a strong one please? I wouldn't have a clue where to start.
Thanks. Smile
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey - I use DoTerra, and it is my understanding that Young Living should be good as well. Since these companies EOs are expensive, I signed up as a distributor through another distributor (somehow in order to become a distributor one needs to go though another distributor). I do not like their marketing approach, but I did it anyway just to get a discount for myself. I use a lot of EOs for a variety of purposes.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks heaps. Very Happy
B3CKS

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie, but thought I'd throw my 2 cents in with regards to removing skin tags with cotton (I think this would only work if they're big enough Confused ).

I saw a doctor do this once on a medical show, so thought I'd give it a try. So just over a week ago I tied (well ok, I roped in my long-suffering boyfriend for this one! Embarassed ) some regular cotton around a tag that's been under my armpit catching on my clothing for some time.

Low and behold, the blood supply is cut off and the tag sort of shrivels, darkens and drops off.

The area appears to be healing nicely - so far so good.

Hope this helps!
Becks x
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I had this skin condition but now I don't know what I have. On my trunk I have small, raised, generally oblong shaped pink or beige areas. I saw a dermatologist years ago and she froze them off with a spray and it cost me $300. I decided I could do that myself with a wart freezing spray and have taken many off my abdomen when they appear. However, I can feel them on my back, so I may have to shell out the money or find someone who isn't squeamish to do this for me.

But I don't know what these lesions are. Any ideas?
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Skin tags - after watching my dermatologist just snip them off with scissors, I decided I could do that myself and save money. It hurts as much as plucking a stubborn hair. I swab it with alcohol or peroxide afterward.

I think they appear as the result of bad nutrition but can't remember exactly which nutrients affect them. I haven't had any for years now and take loads of vitamins.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've also cut skintags off with small scissors when they're long enought to get under them.
iamawake

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! I just read this thread on SK and I've been hunting and reading for a solution to my SK on my face. So I went to cabinet and tried some 3% H2O2 on 2 SK spots on the side of my face. Nothing happened except for a cool feeling. I have sensitive skin So I thought to try the 3% first. Perhaps I should get the 35% and dilute it. I'm in Seattle - can I find it at the pharmacy?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:48 am      Reply with quote
iamawake wrote:
Hello! I just read this thread on SK and I've been hunting and reading for a solution to my SK on my face. So I went to cabinet and tried some 3% H2O2 on 2 SK spots on the side of my face. Nothing happened except for a cool feeling. I have sensitive skin So I thought to try the 3% first. Perhaps I should get the 35% and dilute it. I'm in Seattle - can I find it at the pharmacy?

check out this web site for H2O2. It is good for large quantities: http://www.dfwx.com/goewebsite.htm
This site also carries it: http://www.pureh2o2forhealth.com

For smaller amounts your health food store should carry it.
iamawake

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Have any brown skinned people in this thread tried this method? I am treading carefully here. I'm wondering if I should instead locate for a high % glycolic acid and spot treat. Any feedback would be appreciated.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
iamawake - I have fair skin. It would be interesting to find out response by skin type.
Woodbury

Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,I had quite a large seb-k two inches above my right eye,which became very itchy and started snagging on a towel when drying hair etc.

After looking around online i tried applying skin cream twice a day and after about 4 weeks the SK became softer and over a few days fell off piece by piece usually after a shower,then i applied wild oregano oil(this was just 15% oregano plus added olive oil) twice a day which got rid of two small scab-like things!

Today there is just a small light red mark there-with no scarring just healthy looking skin! (i'll keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't return)

As anyone who has these horrible things will know i'm very pleased to have a nice smooth forehead to look at! Smile

The advice to just leave them there(mine was there for about 2/3 years),because they are harmless,is very poor imho!

All the best!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Woodbury - welcome to the forum! Smile Congratulations on your success!!

Which skin cream did you apply? Earlier on this thread I wondered about oregano oil, and it sounds it worked well for you.

Also can you please post your application method, e.g. what and how frequently you applied. Thanks!
Woodbury

Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:06 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Woodbury - welcome to the forum! Smile Congratulations on your success!!

Which skin cream did you apply? Earlier on this thread I wondered about oregano oil, and it sounds it worked well for you.

Also can you please post your application method, e.g. what and how frequently you applied. Thanks!

Hi there,Thanks for the welcome Smile

I used a homeopathic skin cream and using my index finger applied the cream in a circular motion on the SK and a little on surrounding skin after morning shower and last thing at night.

The SK became gradually softer and after 4 weeks(had to be patient!)it began to fall away(mainly after a shower~probably because saturated with water?)in small pieces over about 7 days,after that there was a reddish/brown patch of skin with two small scabs there,then i applied the oregano oil 2/3 times a day and 10 days after it appears to be clear with the skin slowly lightening.

Almost forgot to add i began taking an 'Allicin'product(a 180mg capsule)at the same time as the cream which is antifungal(also antibiotic),this is also made in cream form which i have a hunch could be used instead of the homeo cream.

If anyone tries this method i really hope it works for you too!

All the best! Smile
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Woodbury wrote:
I used a homeopathic skin cream and using my index finger applied the cream in a circular motion on the SK and a little on surrounding skin after morning shower and last thing at night....

Woodbury - I googled homeopathic skin cream and it came with multiple results of a variety of creams. Which cream did you use? If you have a link can you please post it.
Woodbury

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:24 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Woodbury - I googled homeopathic skin cream and it came with multiple results of a variety of creams. Which cream did you use? If you have a link can you please post it.

Hello there,It's called 'Tlacote water 30 healing cream'~~Happened to be in our house here in the UK,its from Ainsworth's pharmacy London,I think you are in USA so not sure if it can be bought there?

Hope that helps.

All the best! Smile
NancyC

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:28 am      Reply with quote
The health stores around here don't carry it, so I ordered from pureh2o2forhealth because they had a pint size. It should be here today or tomorrow.

I plan on using it on a big seb k on my face. My sense of the current "state of the art" is that a few drops on it at night and in the morning should do the trick, and that nothing else is required.

Is that correct, or should I put something like vitamin E oil on the skin surrounding it? Covered or uncovered? Any other advice?

Many thanks, all! Special thanks to mpstat for keeping this thread going. You are truly one of the people who make the Web a wonderful place. Very Happy

NancyC
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Woodbury wrote:
... Hello there,It's called 'Tlacote water 30 healing cream'~~Happened to be in our house here in the UK,its from Ainsworth's pharmacy London,I think you are in USA so not sure if it can be bought there?

Hope that helps.

All the best! Smile

Woodbury - I found this cream on the following site:
http://www.ainsworths.com/site/product.aspx?ProductId=10088&CategoryId=60

There are no ingredients listed. Do you have ingredients on your package? Thanks!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
NancyC wrote:
The health stores around here don't carry it, so I ordered from pureh2o2forhealth because they had a pint size. It should be here today or tomorrow.

I plan on using it on a big seb k on my face. My sense of the current "state of the art" is that a few drops on it at night and in the morning should do the trick, and that nothing else is required.

Is that correct, or should I put something like vitamin E oil on the skin surrounding it? Covered or uncovered? Any other advice?

Many thanks, all! Special thanks to mpstat for keeping this thread going. You are truly one of the people who make the Web a wonderful place. Very Happy

NancyC

NancyC - welcome to the forum wave
On the first page of the thread there was a description to apply neutralizer to the skin surrounding SK. When doing touch ups I did not apply it, but it is something to consider.
Woodbury

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:33 am      Reply with quote
most at wrote:
There are no ingredients listed. Do you have ingredients on your package? Thanks!

Hello,Here's the list of ingredients,....

aqua,glycerin,cetearyl alchohol,stearic acid,caprylic/capric triglyceride,glycerine stearate BE,aloe barbadensis,isopropyl palmitate,gluconolactane,triethanolamine,cocus nucifera,calendula,linalool,limonene! Surprised

Phew!

Hope that helps!

Smile
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Woodbury! Smile
PeachySkin

Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new to this forum and want to begin treating my SK. However, I have a question that hasn't quite been answered yet.

I have been diagonosed with SK but I also have moles. Some SK are easy to identify and others are more difficult. Unless the doctor gives you a map of which are which, it's easy to accidently treat a mole.

If 35%H202 gets on a mole, will it fizz up like SK or will it act like healthy skin? If this test works, will it hurt my moles to be exposed to the H202 briefly? Does anyone have info on this?

Also, it sounds like 35% H202 is some hard core stuff and being an environmentalist, I'd like to buy just a small quantity. Where can I get a smaller size than a quart?

Thanks!
chrisso

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi PeachySkin,

Please do a bit of research before you put that stuff on your body. 30% hydrogen peroxide is enough to induce changes that lead to a pre-cancerous condition. Cancer usually takes quite some time before showing after exposure to carcinogens .. could be 10 years could be 30 but there is this extended latency. Low concentrations of hydrogen peroxide so far haven't shown these carcinogenic effects as is evidenced by a study on toothpaste whiteners (3% concentration) but studies on 30% concentrations do.

Cheers chrisso
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:47 am      Reply with quote
PeachySkin wrote:
I'm new to this forum and want to begin treating my SK. However, I have a question that hasn't quite been answered yet.

I have been diagonosed with SK but I also have moles. Some SK are easy to identify and others are more difficult. Unless the doctor gives you a map of which are which, it's easy to accidently treat a mole.

If 35%H202 gets on a mole, will it fizz up like SK or will it act like healthy skin? If this test works, will it hurt my moles to be exposed to the H202 briefly? Does anyone have info on this?

Also, it sounds like 35% H202 is some hard core stuff and being an environmentalist, I'd like to buy just a small quantity. Where can I get a smaller size than a quart?

Thanks!

PeachySkin - most of my SK I treated with glycolic acid, and with H2O2 did only touch ups. I had several small moles that were in the area treated with glycolyc acid. The SK was gone, while the moles were not impacted and stayed there. Glycolic acid is different then H2O2. From what I remember the research article on SK treatments with H2O2 mentioned that there should be no impact to healthy tissue (it can get pink if not protected prior to the treatment). You might want to review the article to see if they mention moles, it is not an easy read though.

Did you try your local health food store for small H2O2 quantities?
PeachySkin

Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I did look in a few health food and beauty stores for 35%H202 and have been unable to find it. I'll try again.

I actually just had a bunch of SK removed 2 weeks ago w/ an electric hot needle by my dermotologist, basically just burns it off. (This was before finding this chat group.) It's too soon to tell if the pink spots will go away or if there's any scaring. I had an awful lot but they were very miniscule and most were new, fortunately. However, there are a few left that either didn't fully go away or need retreatments.

Since I have new SK and very small SK, maybe I should do Glycolic Acid instead. ???? I'll go back and read over the posts but if anyone has info please jump in.

Also, people are saying that SK can spread. Is that based on fact that people have read or are people just speculating?

Thanks!!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |