Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Seborrheic Keratosis - at Home Treatment (Cure)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jeriogg

Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I went to a beauty supply store today because I remembered seeing Hydrogen peroxide 40 there and sure enough they had it but I looked at the ingredients and it didn't say H202...just said water and hydrogene peroxide. I wonder if it's the same thing. I bought some...it was only $3.99. mpstat - do you think it's the same as H202? I tried to open that link with all the pictures but kept getting an error message. If you google Disseminated superficial actinic porokeratosism, you should find pictures there. It's similar to SK but it fits exactly to what I have even the areas (lower forearms and lower legs). Same recommendations by doctors for removal as SK. Hopefully H202 will work on this too. If not, I'll be bummed. Thanks for everyone's help.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
If it is written on a bottle hydrogen peroxide, then it is. H2O2 is a chemical formula for it where H stands for hydrogen, and O stands for oxygen, you would not find the formula written on the bottles.

In regular beauty supply stores they normally sell 4% hydrogen peroxide, not 40%. And the price sounds suspicious, too low. Unless it is a small bottle. You might want to double check the concentration.
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Gayle - these images look to me as more progressed forms of SK. Thank you for the link!

Some of them look just like some that I have. Those pics are magnified, too.
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
The peroxide for sale at beauty stores will have the following labels: V10, V20, V30, V40. Some brands may also say the percentage of peroxide along with the volume. Some may not.

This VOLUME...... contains this PERCENTAGE
of hydrogen peroxide
10 volume or V10 3%
20 volume or V20 6%
30 volume or V30 9%
40 volume or V40 12%

****Edited my post, had previously posted the wrong info!
jeriogg

Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Gayle and Mpstat, that makes sense....ok - down to the health store next to get the real 35 or higher. I hope they have it. Even the beauty supply store 40 volume stung a little...not much....but I tend to be a wuz. Thanks again.
jeriogg

Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I tried to post a link....I still can't post one. Crying or Very sad
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:55 am      Reply with quote
jeriogg wrote:

I think you have to had 10 posts first?
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Gayle, The peroxide you are looking at in the beauty store is not the kind of peroxide you want. You need food grade hydrogen peroxide at least 35%. It it the same thing as the hydrogen peroxide that they sell at the drug store and is used for cuts, scrapes, etc. It is a clear liquid. The only differecnce between the 2 is that the kind they sell in the durg store is 3% and you want the 35%. Hope that helps.
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hittin40 wrote:
Gayle, The peroxide you are looking at in the beauty store is not the kind of peroxide you want. You need food grade hydrogen peroxide at least 35%. It it the same thing as the hydrogen peroxide that they sell at the drug store and is used for cuts, scrapes, etc. It is a clear liquid. The only differecnce between the 2 is that the kind they sell in the durg store is 3% and you want the 35%. Hope that helps.

Yes, true. I was just posting the % of HP in the beauty industry kind.

I originally thought maybe the vol. was the same as %.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
jeriogg wrote:

You can use words instead of usual link. Something like www dot websitenamehere dot com
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
In the cases examples they used 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide to treat all sorts of SK.
And in the article they wrote that hydrogen peroxide could be used in the ranges from 20% up to 80%.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I put a little more thought into maintenance baths. .. The purpose of the baths is to soak skin in lower hydrogen peroxide solution, so that new SK spots are prevented from being developed in the very beginning stages.

If obtaining 35% Hydrogen Peroxide in large quantities is problematic, it should be possible to substitute baths with more economical solutions:
1. wipe entire body with a cloth soaked in H2O2 solution, repeat it several times
2. spray entire body with H2O2 solution, and also repeat several times.
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I love this forum - I'm learning so many new things! (And, they don't involve giving my dermatologist even more $$$ which is even better..)

Hope you don't mind me asking what's probably a stupid question - but if I use the glycolic acid solution on a small SK on my face - do I need to put some sort of neutralizer on afterwards? Or just let it sit for awhile until it dries - and then wash it off the next morning?

Thanks so much!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny - you do not have to use neutralizer after applying glycolic acid. Just be ready to a stronger response when you do it.
You can try two steps approach first with neutralizer, and if it does not work well, you can do it without neutralizer.

Brief acid applications did not work for me good enough, and I left acid on skin overnight without neutralizing it. This time it worked beautifully. SK was burned, and once it was healed new healthy skin appeared in its place.
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the prompt response, Mpstat - so very much appreciated! Smile

< marking calendar for when DH will be out of town so I can "burn" spots off my face!! >
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny - make sure that your DH is away for long enough, so that you have enough time to heal Laughing
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
He's going away soon for a week - is that long enough??? Shock
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
It depends on your SK state. If it is mild, it might be enough. But if it is tough, it would take longer time for the entire process to complete.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:16 am      Reply with quote
My Gosh, am soooo happy I found this thread, have been wondering for yrs what these things were that suddenly appeared on my torso and grew!!!!

Haven't read the thread as yet but am about to embark on another adventure, all courtesy of the EDS forum.

Just tried the dermnet link & rec'd message that there were errors on it. Will again try, but I probably need no pictures, just have to look at my former bikini exposed bod - DO NOT like those brown things - UGH!!!!

Thanks so much mpstat for posting this.
Sheidinice
5% products discount

Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi again Smile
Well my H2O2 35% has finally arrived Smile but because of social occasions coming up am unable to start full treatment until a week or so BUT have tried on one big awful spot on my leg already. It turned white where I put the solution (is this normal) and stung like billyO for a while but really not too bad, so will see what happens....fingers crossed Smile

Q- Is it normal when 35% applied that the skin goes a white colour? and if is normal, how long does this last as I need to treat areas that are visible so juts so I can plan right timing would be good to know

Regards
Sheidinice
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Sheidinice - it is normal that the treated area turns white right after the treatment. It gots "frosted". Usually frosting disappears in a short while, for me it lasted for several minutes. The same kind of frosting happens when treated with high acid concentrations, such as TCA peels.
Sheidinice
5% products discount

Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for that. Was thinking I might be walking around looking very wintry hehehe

When you used the H2O2 in a spray bottle did you just use it straight and spray directly onto skin? I think this will be a better idea for me as I have largish areas to cover and dabbing on I'm sure will be thicker as such
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Sheidinice - I learned about H2O2 after I already sprayed large areas with glycolic acid, and then did touch ups with H2O2. So I do not know for sure how H2O2 would work when sprayed on large areas. I would expect that it all turn white for a while, and then pink. You would be the first one to try and report. Try on a small area first to see how it might go.
Sheidinice
5% products discount

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Shock Laughing Shock Well I'm up for the challenge of Guinea Pig. Will definitely report back on how I get on once I start
Fingers crossed
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck!!!! Smile
And please let us know how it goes for you.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |