Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
vanilla.pops wrote:
jom wrote:

Sunscreen should be applied every hour.

Does this mean that we have to "re"-apply sunscreen every single hour? I am using the ZO sunscreen and don't always reapply until the end of the day as I work in an office. Sometimes I do reapply before I go out for lunch if it is sunny that day. Am I doing something wrong? Should I reapply sunscreen more often even if I stay indoor most of the day?

I would assume that you would reapply only if you were out in the sun. I certainly don't reapply sunscreen every hour in my normal office life. Just my opinion, but I don't think you are doing anything wrong, and I don't think you need to continually reapply if you are indoors most of the day.

I agree with rileygirl, but if you do go out for lunch it probably wouldn't hurt to reapply sunscreen before you went out.

Hi all,

I think the SPF number indicates how long sunscreen remains effective and protects skin before getting sun damaged by indicating the %age of UV rays they protect from. SPF2 absorbs 50%, SPF34 absorbs 97%. Suncream does not need reapplication if indoors. Apply a half hour prior to sun exposure, reapply every 2 hours unless skin sweats, in which case apply every 40-80mins.
spinney
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:50 am      Reply with quote
PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS THREAD DIE, I JUST STARTED ZO SKINHEALTH, THIS WEEK, I REALLY NEED EVERYONE WHO IS STILL USING THIS SYSTEM, TO STILL POST ON OT, PLEASE. Exclamation
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:36 am      Reply with quote
I am personally no longer using ZO.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi , beth, how long did you use it if i may ask, and what did you think of the line, and what products did yo use? Perhaps, if some one would not mind, me picking their brain, so to speak, i would be gratefull.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:31 am      Reply with quote
spinney wrote:
Hi , beth, how long did you use it if i may ask, and what did you think of the line, and what products did yo use? Perhaps, if some one would not mind, me picking their brain, so to speak, i would be gratefull.

Spinney, feel free to read the thread as I have weighed in on almost all of the products. You will find that I was very pleased with the products in general.

However, the only ZO product I still use is the facial scrub.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, i have read them, ALL, just wanted some of my questions answered, perhaps, some one else will answer them, . Embarassed
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
spinney wrote:
Thanks, i have read them, ALL, just wanted some of my questions answered, perhaps, some one else will answer them, . Embarassed

What questions do you have, spinney? I don't use ZO any longer, but might able to answer some of your questions.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:14 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
What questions do you have, spinney? I don't use ZO any longer, but might able to answer some of your questions.

Hi rileygirl, I'm not spinney but I am curious about why you and Bethany stopped using the products. Was price the main deterrant? I am still using the jumpstart kit I got from a while back, but I'm quite indifferent to the products as I don't see any amazing improvents (yet)... And I'm not too crazy about all the silicones either. I also used the facial scrub, but I turned out to be allergic. Perhaps I was too enthusiastic, but a bunch of broken capillaries surfaced and my skin was crepe-y dry for about 2 weeks before my doctor had to give me a prescription topical steriod to fix the problem. Thankfully, most of the broken caps look like they went away Very Happy . Unfortunately, I'm finishing off the scrub using it on my arms only. What a waste!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
spinney
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
HI RILEYGIRL, I GOT SOMEONE TO ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS, BUT THANKYOU I MAY NEED MORE QUESTIONS ANSWERED, I TO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY YOU STOPPED USING, HOW WAS THE RESULTS? Smile
spinney
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:49 am      Reply with quote
fat swan, how long have you been using zo, and which products? Question
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:41 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan and spinney, there were numerous reasons that I stopped using ZO. Just a few would include the cost being very high, and other than the really nice glow my skin had when I used ZO, I did not see any improvement in my skin. Glad that you got someone to answer your questions, spinney!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I really loved the ZO products, but felt that there were far too many products that were virtually identical or very close to the ZO products to warrant the inflated prices just because they were associated with Dr. Obagi.

However, the ZO customer service is undoubtedly second to none.

I am personally hoping that they adjust their prices downward to be more reflective of reality. Dr. Obagi says that this product line was a labor of love, and not done for monetary reasons...if that is the case, now would be a great time to adjust the prices downward.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree with the cost, it is too much, but i had to give it a try, .
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
spinney wrote:
I totally agree with the cost, it is too much, but i had to give it a try, .

Consider some of the very close ZO alternatives...you can PM if you want the names of the ones I use.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
spinney wrote:
fat swan, how long have you been using zo, and which products? Question

Hi spinney,
I've only been using ZO for about 3-4 months, and not too faithfully either Embarassed . I have tried: Hydrating Cleanser (it's a cleanser...), Exfoliating Polish (I was allergic), Daily Power Defense, Growth Factor Serum, Overnight Recovery Creme (I've yet to see results for these last 3), and the sunscreen (the texture is great, but I prefer a higher SPF).

To be honest, I really don't know what kind of improvements I ought to be looking for. As with all other anti-aging / prevention skin care products, how does one know if something is working? At least if I suddenly look 5 years older in a month, I'll know that whatever it is I'm trying is not working, right? Laughing So I'm really not sure... But at least I have a fair amount of faith in the science behind DPD and the GFS so if I ever find a substitute for them I may switch to those instead. HTH!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I have used NuDerm for 18 weeks,and went on maintenance.My skin looked great,pore size much smaller hyperpigmented skin gone.Much less lines and wrinkles.My maintenance was wash,tone,Vit C E ferulic,clear 3x week,exfoderm 3x week on alternate days,tretinoin 0.05, 5x week.(Rilygirl posted this in another post that I read. Everything was great and then talked to the ZO people after reading all the posts, ordered the whole line,I really could not afford it,but did anyway because I did not want to lose what I had gained.I wanted help with fine lines on the side of my mouth,they said Zo would help,well 8 weeks later nothing infact my skin looks worst pores are larger and skin tone is not as good.They said while on ZO to still use clear 3xweek and exoderm 2x week.What are some of the products that are like Zo but do not cost sooooooo!!! much? What can I do for the fine lines on the side of my mouth? I am going back to my maintenance routine it worked better for me. I am also out alot of money .
spinney
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Oh, no gals, this does not sound good, was hoping someone would luv it, and have great results, it cost soooooooooo- much, i have NEVER spent so much on skincare, i know i can not keep buying, just want some good results, my skin just is not want i want it to be, i can live with wrinkles, not tooooooo many, but these breakouts, i hate. Shock
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:16 am      Reply with quote
spinney,

All of my breakout was cleared up after using Obagi nu derm for about 3 weeks,also nu derm is alot!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheaper. I did do the whole 18 weeks program,but I have not had breakout since.

I do like the ZO emulsion body lotion,I was using the hand treatment also,but ran out now I just use alittle retin a and blender now my hands look great, I am 61 and need all the help I can get for the BEST price. Maybe bethany will tell use some of the alternatives she was speaking of.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I bought almost the entire line of ZO products. I had a lot of faith in this line and the science behind it. Unfortunately, it did nothing great for my skin and in my opinion it is certainly not worth the high price tag. Eventually, my skin started to break out and I had to stop the sunscreen and the growth factor complex. Right now the only remaining product I am using is the Radical Night Repair. And, even though I like this product I must admit it isn't really doing anything fantastic to my face so it certainly is not worth CDN$400!!!
spinney
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
well, i am glad to see others posting on this thread, that is good news, i have a derm apt. next month, my first ever, i wonder if renova is the way to go?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:
I have used NuDerm for 18 weeks,and went on maintenance.My skin looked great,pore size much smaller hyperpigmented skin gone.Much less lines and wrinkles.My maintenance was wash,tone,Vit C E ferulic,clear 3x week,exfoderm 3x week on alternate days,tretinoin 0.05, 5x week.(Rilygirl posted this in another post that I read. Everything was great and then talked to the ZO people after reading all the posts, ordered the whole line,I really could not afford it,but did anyway because I did not want to lose what I had gained.I wanted help with fine lines on the side of my mouth,they said Zo would help,well 8 weeks later nothing infact my skin looks worst pores are larger and skin tone is not as good.They said while on ZO to still use clear 3xweek and exoderm 2x week.What are some of the products that are like Zo but do not cost sooooooo!!! much? What can I do for the fine lines on the side of my mouth? I am going back to my maintenance routine it worked better for me. I am also out alot of money .

Sent you a PM, but get back on Nu Derm maintenance and continue on with the Retin A. Give it up to 1 year for maximum results with wrinkles/lines on Retin A. Add in a moisturizer when you need it only, continue with your sunscreen and give it some time!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
I know this is off-topic but what does Blender do?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:35 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

NuDerm Blender helps do a couple of things..it increases the penetration of the Retin A, plus it also "blends" the pigment-containing melanocytes so that they are more dispersed instead of concentrated in one area. That way spots are blended into the rest of your skin tone.

It does contain HQ, so it is not for everyone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

The Blender is a lower epidermal bleaching agent. It gives maximum depth of penetration to the Retin A, as well as the Hydroquinone in the Blender, working on the deepest layers.
spinney
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
HEY, IT IS ME, I AM STILL DOING ZO, IS ANY-ONE ELSE, WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT? I AM LONELY. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |