Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:24 am      Reply with quote
I was interested in trying this line until I discovered that Radical Night Repair is $325, and the Growth Factor Serum, that is supposed to be used together with it, is $195. Anxious

I look forward to seeing some more reviews from you ladies who use these products. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:48 am      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
Hi Rileygirl,

If you're following our usage instructions with the Radical Night Repair / Retin A (massage in for up to one minute) there is no wait period required.

Hope this helps.

Justin Morgan
VP - Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

FYIguy, I was re-reading the thread and came upon this and have a question. Is the massage time important for all the ZO products, or just RA/Radical Night Repair?

Also, what did you mean by "following our usage instructions"? Using the products in a specific order, or something else?
FYIguy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:40 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
FYIguy wrote:
Hi Rileygirl,

If you're following our usage instructions with the Radical Night Repair / Retin A (massage in for up to one minute) there is no wait period required.

Hope this helps.

Justin Morgan
VP - Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

FYIguy, I was re-reading the thread and came upon this and have a question. Is the massage time important for all the ZO products, or just RA/Radical Night Repair?

Also, what did you mean by "following our usage instructions"? Using the products in a specific order, or something else?

Hi Rileygirl,

We recommend the massaging in with all of our products as there is additional stimulation benefit from the increased vaso-capillary activity.

By "following our usage instructions" I meant the massaging in of the product. If you choose to simply spread our products on to your skin without massaging in, some time between applications will be needed as different products have different absorption rates.

I hope this helps clear up the application / wait period information. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP - Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, FYIguy. I "get it" now!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:56 am      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
We recommend the massaging in with all of our products as there is additional stimulation benefit from the increased vaso-capillary activity.

By "following our usage instructions" I meant the massaging in of the product. If you choose to simply spread our products on to your skin without massaging in, some time between applications will be needed as different products have different absorption rates.

Um...where are these usage intructions? I don't have anything that mentions massaging! Did I miss something?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
I was interested in trying this line until I discovered that Radical Night Repair is $325, and the Growth Factor Serum, that is supposed to be used together with it, is $195. Anxious

I look forward to seeing some more reviews from you ladies who use these products. Smile

I started with the Jumpstart kit which has 4 products in it...including the 2 you mentioned above...it's $250.

If I get the kind of results I am hoping for, I will continue with it...I looked over my beauty graveyard of products that haven't worked, and I have been spending far more over the last year to try things and then throw them away in disappointment. Granted, these products aren't cheap, but if the higher concentrations improve my skin AND limit my irritation/redness, it will be worth it for me.

Of course, cutting back on my Botox expenditures ($800 every 4-6 months Shock ) due to my dermarolling results will help offset the skincare costs.

I am going to the dermatologist on Friday to do a VISIA Digital Complexion Analysis, and my derm always takes a gzillion pics. I'll see if I can get her to email them to me so that I can compare them in 3-6 months.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Um...where are these usage intructions? I don't have anything that mentions massaging! Did I miss something?

No you did not miss anything, I did not have these instructions either. I actually was doing the massaging of all the products already, but that is due to my using Nu Derm (this is how you apply the nu derm products).
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy, is the Daily Power Defense meant to be a moisturizer or is it a pre-moisturizer serum, do you need to use a moisturizer over it? TIA
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

No you did not miss anything, I did not have these instructions either. I actually was doing the massaging of all the products already, but that is due to my using Nu Derm (this is how you apply the nu derm products).

Ugh...so do you just massage them in until they are completely absorbed? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

Ugh...so do you just massage them in until they are completely absorbed? Confused

Yes, that is how I do it. Just massage in really well.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

Yes, that is how I do it. Just massage in really well.

Drat...I was hoping you were going to say that my own cabana boy came with the Jumpstart Kit, and HE would massage it in for me, sigh... Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Drat...I was hoping you were going to say that my own cabana boy came with the Jumpstart Kit, and HE would massage it in for me, sigh... Laughing

Sorry, but we can still dream! Laughing
FYIguy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
FYIguy, is the Daily Power Defense meant to be a moisturizer or is it a pre-moisturizer serum, do you need to use a moisturizer over it? TIA

Hi Jom,

Daily Power Defense is not a moisturizer. ZO Skin Health doesn't have any moisturizers in the product lineup, however if you were going to incorporate Daily Power Defense into a regimen of products using a moisturizer, it would definitely be a pre-moisturizer serum.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP - Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
jom wrote:

Hi Jom,

Daily Power Defense is not a moisturizer. ZO Skin Health doesn't have any moisturizers in the product lineup, however if you were going to incorporate Daily Power Defense into a regimen of products using a moisturizer, it would definitely be a pre-moisturizer serum.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP - Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

Hi FYIguy,

So if ZO doesn't have any moisturizers what is the Daily Renewal Cream? I thought that was the moisturizer. Could you explain a little about why there are no moisturizers, I'm, not as familar with Obagi as some of the other people on this forum, is it something that Dr. Obagi is against. And finally, what is the difference between the Daily Power Defense and the Daily Renewal Cream?

Thanks so much for getting back to me.
FYIguy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany and Rileygirl,

I'm sorry for the confusion with regard to the usage instructions.

We listen to, appreciate and respond to your feedback, however! We’re just about to reprint all of the outer cartons, and have “stopped the presses”, to do a better job of communicating how much to use, and best to apply each product. So when you see the revised packaging, you’ll see that we heard you—loud and clear!

Our products aren’t cheap; it’s important to use them discretely, yet efficaciously. You don’t want to waste the product, at the same time, you want to activate and stimulate your skin. Generally, we recommend 2-3 pumps of our products in the Stimulate and Calm and Nourish categories (partially depending on your own preferences, partially depending on whether or not you apply it to the neck).

As for the “massage”; it’s not mandatory. Sorry, Bethany, cabana boys are not required. But Dr. Obagi is an advocate for stimulating the skin—though physical (massage) or cellular activation (retinol). Anytime you stimulate the skin cells, you re-energize/rejuvenate them.

Hope that helps; I’m sorry for the confusion.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP - Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
FYIguy wrote:
jom wrote:

Hi Jom,

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP - Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

Hi FYIguy,

So if ZO doesn't have any moisturizers what is the Daily Renewal Cream? I thought that was the moisturizer. Could you explain a little about why there are no moisturizers, I'm, not as familar with Obagi as some of the other people on this forum, is it something that Dr. Obagi is against. And finally, what is the difference between the Daily Power Defense and the Daily Renewal Cream?

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

Hi Jom,

Dr. Obagi doesn't have any hard-and-fast rules against moisturizers. Neither, for that matter, is he opposed to vodka or chocolate. In fact, he rather likes a little once in a while. The difference is this: it depends on how it's used, and how often it's used.

In his 30+ years as a dermatologist, Dr. Obagi has observed that moisturizers make the skin age faster. Here's why: when you apply moisturizer, there is a slight plumping effect, and the skin feels soft and smooth. However, the skin cells in the dermis then get the message that the surface is fat and happy, and they can relax. Cellular function then slows. The skin then is slower to turn over cells and it creates a compacted stratum corneum. That's what causes skin aging. This goes against all that Dr. Obagi strives to provide to his patients, skin that not only looks younger but behaves younger as well (more youthful cellular turnover rate and improved skin barrier function).

Some ZO Skin Health products have moisturizing properties, but that is never their primary intent--which is always to activate, stimulate, or calm/nourish the skin.

Ossential Daily Power Defense is designed to aid the skin in repairing and protecting itself (DNA repair, epidermal / dermal thickening, and improved barrier function). Ommerse Daily Renewal Crème is more of a calming / balancing product which helps the skin re-balance from the activity of the PM ZO treatment products.

Hope that helps!

Justin Morgan
VP - Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
In his 30+ years as a dermatologist, Dr. Obagi has observed that moisturizers make the skin age faster. Here's why: when you apply moisturizer, there is a slight plumping effect, and the skin feels soft and smooth. However, the skin cells in the dermis then get the message that the surface is fat and happy, and they can relax. Cellular function then slows. The skin then is slower to turn over cells and it creates a compacted stratum corneum. That's what causes skin aging. This goes against all that Dr. Obagi strives to provide to his patients, skin that not only looks younger but behaves younger as well (more youthful cellular turnover rate and improved skin barrier function).

Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock

Ok, now that I have recovered, let me say that 1) you have turned the typical skin world as we know it upside down, and 2) this is in line with some of what I have been hearing from Dr. Huber of 302 Skincare, so I am not a hard sell on this philosophy at all.

I have noticed in the last 6 months that the more moisture I have put on my face (though via oils), the less it has produced on it's own...that is a bit frightening to me. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:

We listen to, appreciate and respond to your feedback, however! We’re just about to reprint all of the outer cartons, and have “stopped the presses”, to do a better job of communicating how much to use, and best to apply each product. So when you see the revised packaging, you’ll see that we heard you—loud and clear!

Justin, one thing I would like to suggest for down the road is some way to tell how much is left in these pump containers. One minute you think you have product, and one pump later there is nothing...which means CRISIS unless you happen to always have an extra on hand.

I have other airless pump products with far less refined pacjakging, but I always know where I stand with product levels. Could you maybe add a little window down the side of the pumps (like on the side of liquid laundry detergent containers) so that we can know roughly when to reorder?

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:07 am      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:

Thank you, FYIguy. That is great news on the better instructions on your packaging. It is great to know that a company listens to their customers!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:14 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock

Ok, now that I have recovered, let me say that 1) you have turned the typical skin world as we know it upside down, and 2) this is in line with some of what I have been hearing from Dr. Huber of 302 Skincare, so I am not a hard sell on this philosophy at all.

I have noticed in the last 6 months that the more moisture I have put on my face (though via oils), the less it has produced on it's own...that is a bit frightening to me. Confused

I have read this in several of the magazines as of late re: moisturizers making skin age faster, but there are a lot of people who won't buy that theory. I think Obagi has been a head of his time for years.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:42 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Justin, one thing I would like to suggest for down the road is some way to tell how much is left in these pump containers. One minute you think you have product, and one pump later there is nothing...which means CRISIS unless you happen to always have an extra on hand.

I have other airless pump products with far less refined pacjakging, but I always know where I stand with product levels. Could you maybe add a little window down the side of the pumps (like on the side of liquid laundry detergent containers) so that we can know roughly when to reorder? Thanks!

Would that work? I would think the light would get into the product with a window on the side.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

Would anyone happen to know where one can purchase the ZO Skin Health system online in Canada?? I tried googling this but did not come up with any Canadian websites.

Bethany.... how do you compare the ZO skin health line with 302? Do you find one better than the other and are you still using 302? I'm just a little curious because I was thinking of going back to 302 but I am now intrigued by this new line from Obagi.

Thank you everyone for any help you may be able to offer.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:14 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:

Would anyone happen to know where one can purchase the ZO Skin Health system online in Canada?? I tried googling this but did not come up with any Canadian websites.

www.zoskinhealth.com offers international shipping, but I am not sure about the shipping costs.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much, Septembergirl. I will definitely look into this website.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Bethany.... how do you compare the ZO skin health line with 302? Do you find one better than the other and are you still using 302? I'm just a little curious because I was thinking of going back to 302 but I am now intrigued by this new line from Obagi.

Hmmm...that is a good question, because I do like both lines.

302 - I think these are very solid, high quality products at a reasonable price point. They have done an excellent job at calming my skin and giving it a great texture. I think it has also kept me from breaking out.

However, I haven't seen much improvement in my hyperpigmentation at all, despite using their 16% Vit C product regularly. That leads me to believe that I need some more aggressive treatment, and possibly on a daily basis as opposed to every few days like the 302 usage model recommends. Maybe not for forever, but at least until I get my skin where I want it.

I love using the 302 A Boost and Lightening Drops after dermarolling, and don't plan on changing that no matter what daily products I am using. I will also always keep using the 302 Serum Plus and the 302 Face & Body Bar.

ZO - I like these products far better than I anticipated (or even hoped). I think I was initially expecting them to be like the regular Obagi products, but these feel so much nicer...they are all very light weight, and you never feel like you have a bunch of layers of stuff piled on.

They have way higher levels of actives, yet I have experienced no irritation at all...something that is very unusual for me, especially since I started dermarolling. This is probably due to the delivery system and encapsulation methods they are using. I also like that the Vit C and Retinol is all rolled into one...less little bottles to deal with.

However, we'll have to see what kinds of results I get over time. I do not expect that they will completely reduce my hyperpigmentation however...but I do expect that they may help my skin remodel faster and assist with the other things I am doing to get rid of the pigmentation.

I had a VISIA Digital Complexion Analysis done today with pretty good results, and I think 302 really contributed greatly to that, as well as dermarolling. (I have only used ZO for a week or so, so I can't attribute it to that). However, ZO has made a huge difference in my skin's hydration level since I started using it....I am significantly less dry than a week ago, and I am sure that was reflected in the VISIA analysis.

I hope that helps....sorry it was so long!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |