Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
FYIguy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

A little more info from you would be nice so we can give opinions! What is your age and what are you trying to accomplish with the ZO products.

But, if you are using Finacea, I assume you have rosacea and/or acne? Is that correct? (Based on that fact alone the recommendations look good as there is nothing they recommended you use that would make your rosacea flare-up.)

Hi Sel,

I agree with Rileygirl, if you're treating rosacea the ZO products recommended will work well and not induce any flaring. If you could share additional information, I would be glad to advise with regard to the ZO product line and addressing specific concerns while using other treatment products. If you would prefer, you can PM me with information and questions so I can respond directly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
Vice President - Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany,

I went over everything with Dr. Obagi with regard to the dermaroller and the bleeding you were discussing. Dr. Obagi doesn’t feel that there is anything in the ZO line of products which could influence the amount or frequency of bleeding from using the dermaroller. He said that items such as aspirin or ibuprofen intake, eating bananas, or alcohol consumption could influence your skin’s reaction to the dermaroller, but it was not likely that anything topically applied was causing the different reaction.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I have a question for FYIguy (Justin). Is there anything in the ZO eye cream that would cause eyelashes to grow? For the past 1-2 days, when I have looked in the mirror, it really seems as if my eyelashes are longer. I do also apply the Growth Factor Serum around the bottom and sides of my eyes, but not on my browbone, which is why I am assuming it is something in the ZO eye cream causing this. (This is a good thing, as I love long eyelashes. So I am thrilled, but I wonder what could be causing the growth?)

Hi Rileygirl,

No, sadly, I can't give the answer that might sell a whole lot of product. A part of Dr. Obagi's unwavering philosophy is that we will not misrepresent our product claims.

There is nothing in the formulation of our eye cream that would stimulate the eyelashes. Peptides stimulate collagen and elastin, so it's not impossible or improbable that they might affect eyelashes as well, however we have no clinical studies to prove or disprove this. The enhancement that some people have reported may be coincidental.

Sorry, I wish that I could cite some previously unknown and unreported study, but honesty is always the best policy.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
Hi Bethany,

I went over everything with Dr. Obagi with regard to the dermaroller and the bleeding you were discussing. Dr. Obagi doesn’t feel that there is anything in the ZO line of products which could influence the amount or frequency of bleeding from using the dermaroller. He said that items such as aspirin or ibuprofen intake, eating bananas, or alcohol consumption could influence your skin’s reaction to the dermaroller, but it was not likely that anything topically applied was causing the different reaction.

Justin, thanks for looking into this. I'll have to keep an eye on how things progress from a bleeding standpoint.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the honest answer, Justin, regarding the eye cream.

I gotta say, though, that even though there is nothing as far as studies go to prove/disprove, I have seen eyelash growth, and it has to be either the eye cream or the growth factor hormone! (I don't use anything else around my eyes).

Again, thanks for checking for me and I appreciate your honesty.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
FYIguy, could you please give the same technology/ingredient info for the Daily Power Defense?

I thought I would bring this question back up in hopes that we could get the scoop on this product.

Many people have asked me if this is equivalent to or better than the Remergent DNA product, and hopefully Justin or Donna can shed some light on this.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
lifecoach wrote:
Does anybody know if EDS wil be selling ZO products?

There is a thread in the EDS Lounge asking about lines people want EDS to carry...there are 6 requests for ZO on the last 2 pages (and that is just from people who post here)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7937&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=475

Maybe EDS and ZO can work something out...it would definitely provide a more cost effective delivery service for people in Canada, and give international buyers a way to actually get the product since ZO doesn't ship outside the US and Canada.

Hi, Bethany and lifecoach:

We are contacting EDS about stocking our products, so at least they'll be available in the US and Canada, hopefully soon. Our contracts with the likes of Harrod's and Selfridges (where they'll be available on November 1) in England, and retailers and distributors in certain other countries, prevent us (or other e-tailers) from selling direct. Thanks for the interest though, and hopefully we'll I'll be able to update you as soon as the ink on the paperwork is dry.

Donna Queen

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
That is GREAT news, Donna! Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
zoskinhealth wrote:

We are contacting EDS about stocking our products, so at least they'll be available in the US and Canada, hopefully soon. Our contracts with the likes of Harrod's and Selfridges (where they'll be available on November 1) in England, and retailers and distributors in certain other countries, prevent us (or other e-tailers) from selling direct. Thanks for the interest though, and hopefully we'll I'll be able to update you as soon as the ink on the paperwork is dry.

Donna Queen

Woo hoo!! I think you will have some happy people here!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
zoskinhealth wrote:

Donna Queen

Thank you Donna! Keep us updated
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to mention that I was so inspired by the reading and research that I did on Dr. Obagi, that I am going to be doing an Obagi Nu Derm regimen. Shock

My ultimate skin goal is pigmentation-free skin, and I really do believe that Dr. O has been far ahead of the pack regarding comprehensive skin rejuvenation. So I am going for the big guns, and will be doing Nu-Derm on my face (as well as the ZO Exfoliating Polish and the ZO Growth Factor Serum). I will also continue using the usual ZO products (RNR, etc.) on my neck and chest throughout the 18 weeks on Nu Derm.

Once that is done, I will be transitioning back to ZO for my maintenance program.

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:53 am      Reply with quote
wow thats great keep us posted. You will love your new skin Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
wow thats great keep us posted. You will love your new skin Very Happy

I sure hope so! Though I have to admit that I miss using my ZO products on my face...they are so much more "cosmetically elegant" than the Nu Derm products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Yes, that is what I have said from the beginning, Bethany. The ZO is way more cosmetically elegant than the Nu Derm. The products from ZO just feel nice on your skin!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I have a new skin goal...I want to be able to skip any kind of foundation, and ONLY wear the Oclipse on a daily basis. While the Oclipse seems to work for almost every skin color, I still wouldn't mind it being a tad lighter.

I wonder if ZO has considered making it in Light, Medium, and Dark?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I have a new skin goal...I want to be able to skip any kind of foundation, and ONLY wear the Oclipse on a daily basis. While the Oclipse seems to work for almost every skin color, I still wouldn't mind it being a tad lighter.

I love the Oclipse. I actually think it is universally flattering. This is all I wear, no other make-up and it is just perfect!

If they do ever make a light, medium, dark, I certainly hope they don't change the formula.

I am still wanting a lip product from ZO! Very Happy
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious ....... has anyone felt like they've discovered the fountain of youth with the ZO products to justify the extremely high price of them? To me, they seem in the same category with La Prairie, Creme de la Mer, etc, which is a cosmetically elegant and enhancing line, but nothing that's going to take 20 yrs off our faces.

I'm currently doing NuDerm, and it's less $$$ for (hopefully) actual dermal changes and improvements. So I just don't get it Confused

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
Just curious ....... has anyone felt like they've discovered the fountain of youth with the ZO products to justify the extremely high price of them? To me, they seem in the same category with La Prairie, Creme de la Mer, etc, which is a cosmetically elegant and enhancing line, but nothing that's going to take 20 yrs off our faces.

I'm currently doing NuDerm, and it's less $$$ for (hopefully) actual dermal changes and improvements. So I just don't get it Confused

I don't think any of them are the fountain of youth. Between the 4 lines that you mentioned above, Nu Derm is most likely to deliver the dermal changes...that's why I am torturing myself with it at the moment. But it has also been around for 10 years and is no longer state-of-the-art skincare technology.

I have used 3 out of 4 above (no Creme de la Mer for me), and some other high end lines like Amore Pacific. But after doing my usual research, I have the most faith in Dr. Obagi to combine the best technology available today with the highest level of actives and most "cosmetically elegant" presentation.

I am doing Nu Derm to drive the dermal change that I need for my diffuse melasma, and then I will be transitioning back to ZO for a couple of reasons:
- I want to take advantage of the latest new technologies with the peptides, less irritating delivery systems, higher level of combined actives via encapsulation, etc.
- I want the best skin care products to hopefully help delay any surgical procedures, or at least help enhance those procedures when I do have them.
- I want to use skin care products that I ENJOY using, because if I don't enjoy it to some degree, I won't use them. (I had lots of former dust collectors in my bathroom, but I just tossed them)
- I want to use Nu Derm as little as possible going forward to limit the usage of the hydroquinone for various reason, including the nit picky fact that it turns brown under my fingernails no matter what I do to avoid it, lol. Mad

At the end of the day, it's about preferences and choices, and everyone has to pick the best solution for themselves. Fortunately, there are many choices and there is no right or wrong answer. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom, I brought this message from Justin up here for you to read.

No, I can't say I have found the fountain of youth, yet. I think for myself to see results with ZO, it is going to take probably 6 months. (I will go back to the ZO products when I am done with my cycle of Nu Derm, though am using the Growth Factor Serum while on the nu derm, as well as the Oclipse sunscreen). I will say that I got a great glow from using the ZO products, and compliments from woman at work, and I never get compliments on my skin! Also, I swear the eye cream has made my lashes longer, even though Justin says there are no studies or anything to confirm this. I'll keep everyone posted on my results when I get back on the full ZO regimen.

FYIguy wrote:
Hi everyone,

As always, thank you for your feedback on the ZO products, in particular the Jumpstart Kits.

First, let me say that the kit is designed to last 30-45 days (depending on how it is used and areas applied to). The reason for this timing is to get a complete round of cellular turnover on the products. Will the products plateau in results after 30-45 days? Absolutely not! Improvement will continue through 8-12 weeks at which point there may be an opportunity to titrate up (if using Radical Night Repair or Retin-A on alternate nights), incorporate additional stimulation or activation products, or if you’re totally, completely happy with the results, just begin a maintenance plan.

So… let’s discuss the observed results from the first four weeks of being on the Jumpstart kit products. First and foremost, it’s important to differentiate between (1) current or recent NuDerm users; (2) people on a NuDerm maintenance plan; (3) people who have never used NuDerm. For each of these, your baseline is going to be different. I know a number of people on EDS have used or are using NuDerm, and I have to say, your observations above with regard to how long it will take to see results are dead on – because of the starting point of your skin. For the uninitiated in the realm of products by Dr. Obagi, the reaction in the first four weeks to the Jumpstart kit can be much more dramatic.

We can talk about #1--what current NuDerm users can and should experience with ZO separately. (That’s because it’s a little more complicated, and depends on what products you’re using). Generally, though, while a few ZO products can and will enhance your Obagi regimen, the ZO Jumpstart Kit should not be used in conjunction with NuDerm during the first 18 weeks.

People who are on #2--an Obagi maintenance plan can expect to see visible results in months 2-3 as noted above. These people, like rileygirl and redhead, who are accustomed to stronger doses of retinoic acid (and supercharged Blender) have already retinized their skin, addressing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines with strong topical results and will now benefit from ZO product’s ingredients which work synergistically with maintenance products. Rileygirl mentioned above receiving a compliment after using ZO products for a month – for her skin having a healthy glow. Radiance, glow, overall healthy appearance or vitality is an improvement the more initiated skin can see in the first four weeks of using ZO products in conjunction with or as maintenance for a medical prescriptive regimen. Because the prescriptive regimen is aggressively addressing the appearance of wrinkles, the visibly noticeable results from the ZO products will take a bit longer to show as the peptides and growth factors work synergistically to aid in the restructuring of the dermal matrix and production of collagen. Products like this working from the inside out take a bit more time for the results to be observed topically. If it takes a bit longer to see results from ZO products, you should be congratulated, you’ve been treating your skin well.

People who have not been stimulating their skin with Retin-A or Obagi products (#3), may have an acclimation period to ZO’s Jumpstart Kit while their skin becomes retinized (a state of mildly disrupted stratum corneum and increased cellular activity). For people with this starting point, the results observed in the first four weeks can be significant and sometimes startling. The uninitiated may suffer the purging of their skin as the higher dose of retinol starts clearing out debris and initiating increased cellular turnover. Skin that is also not accustomed to every day sunscreen protection (at an SPF of 30 or higher) can see a change in visible pigmentation after the first round of cellular turnover. Some people starting out on the Jumpstart regimen can experience some redness from the Radical Night Repair, similar to starting NuDerm, though not as extensive. The Growth Factor Serum’s synthetic peptides and growth factors, while working synergistically for greater results with the Radical Night Repair, can add to the increased cellular turnover and result in some flakiness as more skin cells are shed. All of these are natural responses by the skin, and settle down as the skin becomes healthier (as many of you here on EDS know).

For many just starting out on the ZO Jumpstart products, they will be learning lessons many here on EDS have already experienced and have offered guidance on to the uninitiated. This forum is a great resource.

I hope this helps. I’ll address what you can expect from some of our other products in a couple of days.

Best regards,

Justin Morgan
ZO Skin Health, Inc.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

I love the Oclipse. I actually think it is universally flattering. This is all I wear, no other make-up and it is just perfect!

If they do ever make a light, medium, dark, I certainly hope they don't change the formula.

The Oclipse formula is pretty darn awesome...though I need to wait and see if the silicones will cause my face to break out. I just started using it daily, so that will take 2-3 weeks if it is going to happen.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Hi Bethany,

The tinted Oclipse is a great idea! I’ll bring it up at the next development meeting. I’d be curious to know more, though... our research has found that most (practically all!) skin types can wear the Oclipse tint. Are you looking for something super light?

I’ll make sure to voice your concern, Rileygirl, about not changing the formula, just the coloring. Smile

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
Vice President - Research & Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Hi Rileygirl,

We definitely heard you loud and clear about the lip product… in fact, that’s been one of Dr. Obagi’s favorite product concepts for a long time. He sees that a lot of people using Rx strength products (and procedures) have the same problem! I know that some people use our Exfoliating Polish on and around the lips, and follow it up with a super-hydrating product.

We’ll keep working on a better solution!

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP of Research & Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
I’ll make sure to voice your concern, Rileygirl, about not changing the formula, just the coloring. Smile

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
Vice President - Research & Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

Just make sure you keep the original, as it is perfect the way it is for me! (And how about a lip product? I am lip obsessed, sorry!)

When you get time, Justin, can you please do a detailed write-up on the Daily Power Defense like you did for the Growth Factor Serum.
FYIguy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany and Rileygirl,

Thank you for the question about Ossential Daily Power Defense, its technology, and how it compares to the product from Remergent.

While Remergent and Daily Power Defense share the same DNA repair technology (Ultrasomes and Roxisomes), the ZO Daily Power Defense formula has the benefit of other key ingredients that work synergistically to enhance results. By adding Matrixyl 3000 (palmitoyl oligopeptide, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7) and retinol, we've increased activity and enhanced the repair capability by recreating conditions conducive to cell and matrix turnover (increased number of cell messengers involved in regulating the sequence of events required for skin repair). The retinol is in a delivery system which specifically allows for its use during the day as it protects the retinol from photodegradation. Additionally, the inclusion of the beta glucan and ceramide strengthens barrier efficacy and enhances the reduction of appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. With more active cells, and an environment primed for regenerative work, we've set the stage to get enhanced results from the Remergent DNA repair technology.

In essence, Daily Power Defense represents a new category of DNA repair products which actively works to create an improved environment for the DNA repair while also addressing barrier function, skin thickness, and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

Here is a quick list of the key ingredients and their function within Daily Power Defense:

Sym Glucan – sub-micron sized particles of glucan – penetrates skin, works to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and reduce roughness of skin.

Omega 6 Ceramide: restructuring, soothing and improving corneocytic cell cohesion and optimizing moisture levels in the skin.

Ultrasomes - liposomes engineered to carry an extract from a marine microbe, intensifying the skin's ability to repair sun-inflicted DNA damage, speeding recovery reaction, and reducing the appearance of post-sunburn peeling.

Roxisomes –liposomes encapsulating the first repair enzyme, isolated from a tiny mustard plant, to protect the cell's genetic material from free radical damage. Roxomes aid in the removal of oxidation in the cell's nucleus and its energy-generating mitochondria.

Retinol – encapsulated to reduce photodegradation for daytime use, generates cell stimulation, reshaping of misshapen cells, cellular regeneration, restructuring of collagen and elastin

Matrixyl 3000 – increases skin thickness, reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, anchors new cells for epidermal reconstruction.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP of Research & Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the detailed info, FYIguy. And, sorry, I did not see your other post before I asked again for a lip product! (Glad to hear Dr. Obagi is all for the lip product concept!)
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |