Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany.....thank's so much for all of the information which was really helpful. I would really like to try some ZO products so thanks for the review.

I think I will go back to my 302 products. I have the eye serum and the reovery plus. I initially found these to be very drying, but I like the philosophy behind this skin care line so I'm willing to give them another try.

I also have issues with hyperpigmentation. I purchased a number of Karen Herzog products thinking this would be the answer, however they really didn't do much for my skin nor the hyperpigmentation. I'm still using Karen Herzog but I'm not entirely comfortable with the oxygen factor which is a whole other reason why I'm thinking of going back to 302.

Please keep us posted on your progress and once again thank you for your very informative post.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Bethany.....thank's so much for all of the information which was really helpful. I would really like to try some ZO products so thanks for the review.

I think I will go back to my 302 products. I have the eye serum and the reovery plus. I initially found these to be very drying, but I like the philosophy behind this skin care line so I'm willing to give them another try.

I also have issues with hyperpigmentation. I purchased a number of Karen Herzog products thinking this would be the answer, however they really didn't do much for my skin nor the hyperpigmentation. I'm still using Karen Herzog but I'm not entirely comfortable with the oxygen factor which is a whole other reason why I'm thinking of going back to 302.

Please keep us posted on your progress and once again thank you for your very informative post.

Unfortunately, neither the 302 eye product nor the Recovery Plus did anything for me. Sad If you end up trying another eye cream, Bushy gave the ZO eye cream a 5 star review so that might be a good product for you to consider. (I just ordered mine and got it this week)

The other core ZO products that I would recommend to start with are the Radical Night Repair and the Growth Factor Serum...both of those are in the Jumpstart kit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
The other core ZO products that I would recommend to start with are the Radical Night Repair and the Growth Factor Serum...both of those are in the Jumpstart kit.

I put my vote in for the 2 products Bethany mentioned, as well as the Daily Power Defense!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
BTW, I just ordered the full size Radical Night Repair and Growth Factor Serum tonight, since I am not sure how long the smaller sizes in the Jumpstart kit will last.

I decided to label each of the containers (Jumpstart and full size) with the open date, and that way I can report in on how long each actually lasts.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:15 am      Reply with quote
I have the full size of the Growth Factor & Overnight Recovery Cream one trick is that the bottom under the cap unscrews so that you can either get product that way (fingers in) or to see how much is left. So far i like the products as well as the eye cream and Daily Power Defense. The instructions are left to be desired (saw the post) I have used the Growth Factor before the Recovery Cream and then in the am the Power Defense. I think taht should be enough for now as I really don;t want t over do it with all the active ingredients.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Me again: If Iam still using the Blender/Tret from the NuDerm maintenance the Radical Night Repair would deff be a overkill. I also have the Obagi Vit C 20% that I use i don;t use these at the same time every night any thoughts cause its alot of $$$$

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Ok here it is my products: Please tell me how and when to use them since they just arrived and Iam confused after reading all the posts:

Obagi NuDerm Cleanser and Toner and SS
Obagi Clear Blender 0.05 Tret cream Obagi 20% Vit C

ZO products: Daily Power Defense, Overnight Recovery Cream, Growth Factor Serum and Eye Cream

I can eliminate any products that are not needed if necessary-Thanks I have completed the full 18 weeks of Obagi NuDerm this is maintenance for me. Thanks Dale

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:43 am      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
Ok here it is my products: Please tell me how and when to use them since they just arrived and Iam confused after reading all the posts:

Obagi NuDerm Cleanser and Toner and SS
Obagi Clear Blender 0.05 Tret cream Obagi 20% Vit C

ZO products: Daily Power Defense, Overnight Recovery Cream, Growth Factor Serum and Eye Cream

I can eliminate any products that are not needed if necessary-Thanks I have completed the full 18 weeks of Obagi NuDerm this is maintenance for me. Thanks Dale

My thoughts on your regimen, red head.

AM: cleanse
tone
C (If you want to use this in the morning)
clear (on days you use this)
Daily Power Defense
Growth Factor Serum
Eye cream
Sunscreen

PM: cleanse
tone
C (if you choose to use at night instead of morning)
Clear (on your days to use)
Blender/RA (don't know how often you use this, but on your "off days" from the blender/RA you could use the ZO Radical Night Repair)
Growth Factor
eye cream
Overnight recovery cream
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Bethany....thank's for the advice on which ZO products to purchase. I think I will start off with these. I have extremely sensitive skin so I have to be careful and not overdo it with new products. I hope that the ZO line is good for sensitive skin. I read that Dr. Obagi doesn't really believe in sensitive skin but nevertheless so many products tend not to be agreeable with my skin type. I was only using two "302" products and they were really starting to irritate my skin. I really want to give ZO a fair trial and not use too many products at once.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Is it really necessary to use the Radical Night Repair if Iam using the Retional/Blender what is the benefit of using this as well - Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:28 am      Reply with quote
red head, just my opinion, but, no, I don't believe you don't need the radical night repair if you are using RA/blender unless you want a gentler retinol product to use on your "off" nights. It would be totally up to you, but I don't believe it would be necessary.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:32 am      Reply with quote
HOW DOES THIS SOUND FOR A ROUTINE!!!

In the AM I think using Clear before Daily Power Defense would be best.

For maintenance the PM regimen is perfect.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Best regards,
Justin

Please let me know if this is the correct order. Iam on NuDerm Maintenance so AM: Cleanse Tone Daily Power Defense (Clear 3xWeek) SS

PM: Cleanse Tone Blender/Retional (3 times week) I have 3 tubes on the other nights use the Growth Factor Serum and the Overnight Recovery Cream

I also will be using the ZO Eye Cream

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
The more I read, the more I'm interested in this line! Since I did go through with NuDerm and it did work for me although...it accelerated my awful moles moving to the surface! I'll probably get them surgically removed...*sigh*...bad genetics.

I'm reading all the "concerns" on the site and there are a lot more concerns that I'm not concerned about yet since I'm only in my mid-20s! I loved how the NuDerm normalized my skin and it did even out my skin tone, kept the acne away, removed some of the less resistant freckles...would it be too early to switch to these products?

If moisturizer is bad for your skin because it makes your skin stop doing what it's supposed to, what about using so many potent actives on young skin?? Would my skin age faster because I'm using actives that my skin doesn't need yet? On the other hand...my face is feeling pretty tight right now and I miss the results from Obagi NuDerm since it's been almost a year since I stopped.. Sad

Oh, one more thing. I can't find where this was mentioned in this thread but am I to believe that the retinol in these ZO products have been stabilized so there wouldn't be as much sun-sensitivity if I use them in the daytime? <-- I'd be all for the ZO line if this were the case cuz I believe using the products in NuDerm did help with my situation but also created more sun sensitivity which was sort of a catch-22 for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Kareberry* wrote:
am I to believe that the retinol in these ZO products have been stabilized so there wouldn't be as much sun-sensitivity if I use them in the daytime? <-- I'd be all for the ZO line if this were the case cuz I believe using the products in NuDerm did help with my situation but also created more sun sensitivity which was sort of a catch-22 for me.

Retinol and retinoic acid are very different, and the acid can not be used during the daytime. Most the ZO products have retinol in them (including the day products), and it is time-released.

So, while there are some that you need to use at night while most of the skin rejuventation takes place (like the Radical Night Repair), others can be used night or day (like the Growth Factor Serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
red head wrote:

ZO are the experts on their line, but I did want to add that Dr. Yarosh from Remegent who is the DNA repair expert specifically recommends using DNA repair products BEFORE optional treatments like hydroquinone products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
red head wrote:

ZO are the experts on their line, but I did want to add that Dr. Yarosh from Remegent who is the DNA repair expert specifically recommends using DNA repair products BEFORE optional treatments like hydroquinone products.

Bethany, I think that was Justin telling red head that HE thought Clear before DPD would be best?
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yes putting the clear on 1st then the DPD is what he was saying I was asking the order of things. I only use the Clear 3x week Still on the fence about the Radical Night Repair. Can someone tell me what this would replace: my Blender/retional and Vit C routine Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:
red head wrote:

Bethany, I think that was Justin telling red head that HE thought Clear before DPD would be best?

Yes...I know. And I am just saying that the DNA product expert (Yarosh) recommends the opposite order to ensure the greatest penetration of the DNA actives which many view as more important than a bleaching active.

Just a comment and another perspective, since ZO may be licensing Remergent's DNA technology.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Ok so DPD before the Clear any thoughts on the Radical Night Repair and eliminate the Vit C/retional/blender products

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
This line has become cult like its taken on a life of its own. Man we better be looking really good after all this Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
red head, I gave you my thoughts on your routine above. Justin from ZO gave you his opinion on a routine for you that you showed us. If you don't have any hyperpigmentation issues and want to get rid of the blender/retin A for the Radical Night Repair, that is your choice. If you have any hyperpigmentation issues, then it is my opinion you need to stay on the blender/RA.

What did your derm advise you to do?

ETA: Sorry, Bethany. I misunderstood, and did not get what you were saying at first! Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
Ok so DPD before the Clear any thoughts on the Radical Night Repair and eliminate the Vit C/retional/blender products

Yes, it would replace all of those on your non-Nu-Derm nights. But I would ask Justin if you need to use retinol on those nights, or is a few nights off ok since you are using the stronger RA 3 nights a week. On the flip side of the coin, the RNR does have some other actives in addition to the retinol and Vit C, and it meets Dr. O's requirement of constantly saturating the skin with actives (though you would still be getting other actives from the Growth Factor Serum).

My guess is that it will come down to your preference and your budget.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
sorry for not getting the answers on the program for a long period. I have a learning disability from a accident so it some things are a bit confusing. Thanks for all the help Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck, red head. Keep us posted on your progress!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
This line has become cult like its taken on a life of its own. Man we better be looking really good after all this Laughing

I totally agree! But what in the heck would we do with all the freed up time if we didn't have to research new skin products here on EDS? Shock

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |