Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I am reading a textbook that Dr. Obagi wrote in 1999 called Obagi Skin Health Restoration and Rejuvenation, and it talks all about his views on skin regeneration, as well as very detailed information on how skin is structured, why moisturizers age skin faster, etc....much of this is still very relevent.

I'll post some key points as I find them, such as more info on why moisturizers cause aging, etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Bethany....thank you for doing that. I'm very interested to know the theory behind moisturizer aging skin. That is one basic product I've used since about the age of 16 or 17. I don't know if I can ever give it up, but I'm very interested to know his views in this area. Well, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a question: are eye creams considered moisturizers?
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany, I am really interested in any info you can post from this book also. I couldn't believe when I looked this book up that it sells for $260.00. I'm assuming it's a reference for derms and other skincare professionals.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
keli13 wrote:
Thanks Bethany, I am really interested in any info you can post from this book also. I couldn't believe when I looked this book up that it sells for $260.00. I'm assuming it's a reference for derms and other skincare professionals.

Keli, it appears to be a book to provide indepth training on the skin and the Obagi protocols, possibly at a university. It is listed on ebay, and it is definitely pricey.

But the good news for you is that it is not a book that I would recommend purchasing, though I found it to very insightful as to his viewpoints and why his systems work. I just finished my first read, and am now going to read it again and look for things I might want to share.

The bad news is that it was about his old products (as expected), and only select things are applicable to his new consumer line. I'm afraid that we will need a new book from Dr. O that reflects today's technologies.

But hopefully FYIguy will come back and finish educating us on the ZO technology while we're waiting! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

But hopefully FYIguy will come back and finish educating us on the ZO technology while we're waiting! Very Happy

Hi Bethany,

Yes, I will be back to discuss the technology used in ZO products. I've been working on a new project which kept me out of the office most of last week.

I will definitely be around more this week. Very Happy

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP - Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:07 am      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
I've been working on a new project which kept me out of the office most of last week.

A new project, meaning new products??? I would love a lip product from ZO. Something to work on dry lips, and something to address the tough vertical lip lines. Pray

I just wanted to report that I have been using the jumpstart kit for 1 month now and I have plenty of product left in almost everything. The one product that is running out (probably has 1-2 more weeks left) is the growth factor, as I have been using that twice a day. I feel that the products will last at least 8 weeks, if not 12, which is a good value in my opinion.

I would like to see ZO do a kit that contains all the Ossential products, as well as the eye cream, sunscreen, and one's choice of cleanser. I think that way the products would become more affordable for people (especially those of us working on wrinkles!).
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:44 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
FYIguy wrote:
I've been working on a new project which kept me out of the office most of last week.

A new project, meaning new products??? I would love a lip product from ZO. Something to work on dry lips, and something to address the tough vertical lip lines. Pray

Ditto on the dry lip product! And something for the decollete, though I am using the ZO products on my chest with no issues.

I would also like to see a travel kit...I am traveling the full week of Oct 6, and my ZO won't be going with me because I refuse to check baggage unless I am gone for more than a week. They won't all fit in a quart size ziploc (along with my shampoo, etc.). Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:13 am      Reply with quote
While we're talking about new products, I'd like a lip product too, I would also love a body scrub that is similar to the face scrub!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:37 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
While we're talking about new products, I'd like a lip product too, I would also love a body scrub that is similar to the face scrub!

The face scrub (ZO Exfoliating Polish) is probably my favorite product, just from the experience standpoint. I love the smell and the texture.

Don't laugh, but every day I think "is it too soon to use it again?" Fortunately, in the ZO brochure that comes with your products it says you can use it daily when you are doing the Level III Saturation Program. But I try to limit myself to every other day at most (even though I still look longly at the container).

Speaking of that, when I did the ZO Challenge online and it recommended which program I go with based on MY answers, it dumped me in Level III...right there with the 66 y/o and the 74 y/o examples on their website. Shock I'm 42....so it was rather depressing, lol. But that was enough to get me focused on stronger products! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy,

I used my dermaroller last night and bled horribly...way more than any other time I have used it. (this actually isn't a bad thing though)

I am wondering if the Radical Night Repair is strong enough to have increased my vascular growth that much in the 2 weeks that I have used the products? I also use RA 1-2x a week, but have been doing that for years.

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

Yes! Huge 2nd on this request. I was actually thinking about using the face scrub on my body to see how it would work! Very Happy
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
jom wrote:

Yes! Huge 2nd on this request. I was actually thinking about using the face scrub on my body to see how it would work! Very Happy

WOW! That would be pricey! Shock But probably oh, so worth it! Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

Agree! I may try it just on my arms so I don't use too much product up. I use it every day on my face and love it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
jom wrote:

Agree! I may try it just on my arms so I don't use too much product up. I use it every day on my face and love it.

I put it on my face, and spread it down my neck and chest. When I am done scrubbing that area, I do my hand and arms with what is left on my hands. It seems to work pretty well!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
FYIguy,

I used my dermaroller last night and bled horribly...way more than any other time I have used it. (this actually isn't a bad thing though)

I am wondering if the Radical Night Repair is strong enough to have increased my vascular growth that much in the 2 weeks that I have used the products? I also use RA 1-2x a week, but have been doing that for years.

Thanks!

Hi, Bethany

Justin (aka FYI guy) is traveling for several days, so I'm jumping in because I'm concerned about your bleeding from the dermaroller. I want to make sure that we're giving you an educated answer, so I will defer to someone else and get back to you.

I can't imagine that your new affinity for the exfoliating polish would cause any problems. Our instructions say to use it only once or twice a week, but a lot of people use it every day--especially users of RA--with no problem.

Donna Queen

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
FYIguy wrote:

Ditto on the dry lip product! And something for the decollete, though I am using the ZO products on my chest with no issues.

I would also like to see a travel kit...I am traveling the full week of Oct 6, and my ZO won't be going with me because I refuse to check baggage unless I am gone for more than a week. They won't all fit in a quart size ziploc (along with my shampoo, etc.). Sad

Sorry, Bethany, no such luck on the travel size products--at least not yet. Here's the good news, though. I just went from San Diego to NYC-JFK round trip over the past 4 days, and neither airport was requiring people to take stuff out and do the whole Ziploc routine. So maybe the airport people are too busy now--charging people for $15 for each checked bag! And American Airlines charged me $25 additional because I wanted to carry on a suitcase, briefcase and purse (three pieces!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Did anyone see the review that one of the About.com cosmetic writers posted about the ZO sunscreen? I put some excerpts below.

Quote:
Review of Oclipse™ Sunscreen and Primer SPF30
About.com Rating: 5 stars (out of 5)
By Faith Lawless, About.com

Guide Review - Review of Oclipse™ Sunscreen and Primer SPF30

Upon receiving Oclipse™ I immediately opened the box to check out the ultra chic and no mess container. I then tested a small amount on the back of my hand and couldn't believe how velvety it felt on my skin. The primer also seemed to have a slight tint to it, which made me love it even more since I automatically thought about using it alone and with no foundation.

Since I like to try a product at least two or three times before reviewing it, I decided to try it one day without makeup, one day with regular liquid foundation, and a final day with mineral makeup. I have to say that I was not disappointed with any of the three trials. Even though I normally don't like going without makeup, Oclipse™ Sunscreen and Primer SPF30 made me feel like I could. My trials with liquid foundation and mineral makeup were also very pleasing. Since I have been on a high definition makeup kick lately, I absolutely loved how Oclipse™ enhanced the look of the liquid HD makeup I applied and how it made my skin look even more flawless.

The bottom line on Oclipse™ Sunscreen and Primer SPF30 is that it a definite must-have for anyone that loves makeup primer, but also loves protecting your skin while fighting the signs of aging at the same time. The price may seem a little steep for some budget conscious individuals, but I can tell you that it is worth every cent. If you think about it you are getting a broad spectrum sunscreen, a hydrator and moisturizer, a free radical fighter, a collagen booster, and a tinted makeup primer in one container. Basically by having all of these products in one easy dispenser will not only save you time and money, but it will save your skin as well.

http://makeup.about.com/od/facefundamentals/gr/Oclipse.htm?r=94

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:19 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kareberry* wrote:
am I to believe that the retinol in these ZO products have been stabilized so there wouldn't be as much sun-sensitivity if I use them in the daytime? <-- I'd be all for the ZO line if this were the case cuz I believe using the products in NuDerm did help with my situation but also created more sun sensitivity which was sort of a catch-22 for me.

Retinol and retinoic acid are very different, and the acid can not be used during the daytime. Most the ZO products have retinol in them (including the day products), and it is time-released.

So, while there are some that you need to use at night while most of the skin rejuventation takes place (like the Radical Night Repair), others can be used night or day (like the Growth Factor Serum.
'

Can you double check this for me? Where did you read that Retinol or Retinoic Acid or anything vitamin A related are different and would not create sun sensitivity? Making a retinol product time-released doesn't change the fact that it does increase sun sensitivity right?

Maybe ZOskinhealth can answer this one?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
zoskinhealth wrote:
... what's interesting/vital about the ZO line is the way in which the products deliver high concentrations of retinol while reducing irritation and remaining stable...

This is what I was refering to about stability and sun sensitivity.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:16 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Did anyone see the review that one of the About.com cosmetic writers posted about the ZO sunscreen? I put some excerpts below.

Quote:
Review of Oclipse™ Sunscreen and Primer SPF30
About.com Rating: 5 stars (out of 5)
By Faith Lawless, About.com

Guide Review - Review of Oclipse™ Sunscreen and Primer SPF30

Upon receiving Oclipse™ I immediately opened the box to check out the ultra chic and no mess container. I then tested a small amount on the back of my hand and couldn't believe how velvety it felt on my skin. The primer also seemed to have a slight tint to it, which made me love it even more since I automatically thought about using it alone and with no foundation.

Since I like to try a product at least two or three times before reviewing it, I decided to try it one day without makeup, one day with regular liquid foundation, and a final day with mineral makeup. I have to say that I was not disappointed with any of the three trials. Even though I normally don't like going without makeup, Oclipse™ Sunscreen and Primer SPF30 made me feel like I could. My trials with liquid foundation and mineral makeup were also very pleasing. Since I have been on a high definition makeup kick lately, I absolutely loved how Oclipse™ enhanced the look of the liquid HD makeup I applied and how it made my skin look even more flawless.

The bottom line on Oclipse™ Sunscreen and Primer SPF30 is that it a definite must-have for anyone that loves makeup primer, but also loves protecting your skin while fighting the signs of aging at the same time. The price may seem a little steep for some budget conscious individuals, but I can tell you that it is worth every cent. If you think about it you are getting a broad spectrum sunscreen, a hydrator and moisturizer, a free radical fighter, a collagen booster, and a tinted makeup primer in one container. Basically by having all of these products in one easy dispenser will not only save you time and money, but it will save your skin as well.

http://makeup.about.com/od/facefundamentals/gr/Oclipse.htm?r=94

I saw that one. The sunscreen from ZO is my all time favorite. I wear it every day and love how it makes my skin look and feel! I can say that I have not freckled through with this sunscreen, which is very important to me. I agree that it is worth every cent.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I know it is Good, but too expensive for me....I can't afford it, Sad
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me if you can use the Oclipse sunscreen around the eyes?.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Oclipse sunscreen around my eyes, doodles. I personally don't think there would be a problem.
FYIguy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany and everyone,

Sorry I've been away, it has been a crazy week. I'm actually at the airport right now on my way up to San Francisco for Dr. Obagi's personal appearance at the downtown Nordstrom tomorrow.

As always, thanks for asking about what makes some of ZO Skin Health’s products unique / effective / novel. Here is some information on Ossential Growth Factor Serum.

Ossential Growth Factor Serum uses proprietary synthetic lipopeptides and synthetic growth factors incorporated into an emulsified silicone elastomer system. By now most people have heard of Matrixyl, Matrixyl 3000, and Argeriline – all peptides. They’re all pretty good and can be effective, however the basic formulation problem with them has always been that they can sit on the surface of the skin, unable to penetrate if not formulated with correctly. The peptides in Ossential Growth Factor Serum use a different mode of action – a myristoyl tail instead of a palmitoyl tail. What this means is their polarity and lipiphilic / hydrophilic characteristics allow them to more effectively penetrate skin. These two peptides are primarily proliferative inducing agents (promoting new cells) and have also shown matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) inhibition properties (MMPs break down collagen).

Now that the peptides have started the proliferation process, enter the synthetic growth factors. The easiest way to describe the growth factors is the basic ingredients needed to support cell life. For a simple example, think of the red film in a Petri dish used for culture work – the minimal essential media presents the necessary components for cells to reproduce. This is exactly what we’re asking our skin to do – reproduce cells – and the Ossential Growth Factor Serum provides skin with the essential ingredients it needs for the process.

Both the peptides and the growth factors benefit from a nanosomal (much smaller than liposomal) delivery system specifically oriented to maintain their bioavailbility when applied to skin.

More to come soon, and again my apologies for not being around as much lately; I have to run now my plane is boarding.

Best regards,

Justin Morgan
Vice President - Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Iam still using the products as instructed by my helpful friends (you know who you are Very Happy ) and so far so good. I really like the eye cream and trying to save $$$ to get the Growth Factor Serum. DH says the economy will not get better even with me spending $$ on skincare I should leave it the the pros LOL. On a serious note for a sec: i want to apologize if sometimes I repeat or forget posts or questions. I have a brain injury from a car accident that sometimes makes me quite a bit confused. I take plenty of notes but somedays are better then others. So enough said can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing and reading all the research that is going on with ZO. Very Happy

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |