Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I think this might be it, rileygirl:
http://www.911skin.com/advanced-rescue-5-vitamin-k-cream.html
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, havana!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
bethany wrote:
Justin, I am going to add to your list and ask the following:

Is it ok if I layer my Allergan Vivite' Vibrance (for hyperpigmentation) under my ZO Daily Power Defense?

Or would I be better off using it at night under my ZO Radical Night Repair and Growth Factor Serum?

Thanks!!

Hi Bethany,

Because the Allergan Vivite Vibrance you mentioned has retinol in it, I would recommend using it at night with the ZO Radical Night Repair and ZO Growth Factor Serum. Without having the quantitative formula, I can’t tell from the ingredient list how the retinol in Vivite Vibrance is formulated, so if it is used in the day, it could photodegrade and limit the product's efficacy (I’m assuming that the activity level of the retinol is important to the efficacy of the product).

So, the safest bet for optimal results is to use it at night.

I hope this helps,

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
Vice President of Research & Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

That sounds like a plan...I'll move the Vivite to the evening and the ZO GFS to the morning.

Thanks!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Went to the Derm today for a micro my skin they said is in great shape and it feels wonderful so the products should work even better. Just a update Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
Went to the Derm today for a micro my skin they said is in great shape and it feels wonderful so the products should work even better. Just a update Very Happy

Hi, redhead. Are you using Nu Derm full time still or are you back on ZO products?
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:02 am      Reply with quote
No stil using NuDerm full time but Iam going to incorporate the ZO DPD and Overnight Recovery Cream back into the routine and go back on maintenance. That is in my $$ right now and I still have those products. The maintenance will be the same as what we discussed before. I still have 2 tubes of Tret/blender left but man I really want to try the other products but will have to wait.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:35 am      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
No stil using NuDerm full time but Iam going to incorporate the ZO DPD and Overnight Recovery Cream back into the routine and go back on maintenance. That is in my $$ right now and I still have those products. The maintenance will be the same as what we discussed before. I still have 2 tubes of Tret/blender left but man I really want to try the other products but will have to wait.

Sounds good, red head! I am anxious to start the ZO products back up, but I am still using the Nu Derm full time at this time!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:09 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
That sounds like a plan...I'll move the Vivite to the evening and the ZO GFS to the morning.

Just an FYI to anyone that tries this...the ZO RNR did not layer well over the Vivite at all. I am going to try waiting 10 mins between the Vivite and the ZO and see how that works.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick update from me. My son has taken over my ZO TE pads. I wanted to report how well the TE pads work for acne. I would say his pimples are 90% better after using the TE pads for about 2 weeks. This is all he has been using, and he is very pleased with them!

Also, I am starting an experiment on my lip verticals with the ZO eye cream. The cream seems to be working on my eye wrinkles, which are looking better to me. I am not sure if this will work on the vertical lip lines, but since the eye cream is working well on my eye area, I am willing to experiment! I'll keep everyone posted on my progress with this.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:53 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Also, I am starting an experiment on my lip verticals with the ZO eye cream. The cream seems to be working on my eye wrinkles, which are looking better to me. I am not sure if this will work on the vertical lip lines, but since the eye cream is working well on my eye area, I am willing to experiment! I'll keep everyone posted on my progress with this.

Riley, how often are you using the ZO eye cream?

It has improved the texture of the skin on my eyelids...I am using once a day at night. I use the other stronger ZO topicals under my eyes though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Bethany, I am using the ZO eye cream twice a day under my eyes and on my brow bone and lids. I have started putting the PSF cranberry gel on the lid, itself, which gives a really nice lift (once a day in the morning for the PSF and I started maybe 2-3 days ago?) and then I apply the ZO cream on top of that.
MsJill

Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:02 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Bethany, I am using the ZO eye cream twice a day under my eyes and on my brow bone and lids. I have started putting the PSF cranberry gel on the lid, itself, which gives a really nice lift (once a day in the morning for the PSF and I started maybe 2-3 days ago?) and then I apply the ZO cream on top of that.

I have a couple of questions about the eye cream which I too have been using. I think it is helping with the lines around my eyes but not with the texture of the skin under my eyes...any suggestions for the bags and darker pigment under the eye area? Also...I use the ZO Exfoliating Polish (LOVE IT!) but I noticed that it says not to use it w/ Alpha or Beta Hydroxy products....is salicylic acid one of those? I haven't noticed any additional irritation but maybe there's another reason you shouldn't combine the two. I'm not sure but I have noticed that when I use the ZO products such at the Radical Night Repair with a topical w/ salicylic acid in it the lotion won't rub in to my face it just balls up and falls off??

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:13 am      Reply with quote
MsJill wrote:
I have a couple of questions about the eye cream which I too have been using. I think it is helping with the lines around my eyes but not with the texture of the skin under my eyes...any suggestions for the bags and darker pigment under the eye area? Also...I use the ZO Exfoliating Polish (LOVE IT!) but I noticed that it says not to use it w/ Alpha or Beta Hydroxy products....is salicylic acid one of those? I haven't noticed any additional irritation but maybe there's another reason you shouldn't combine the two. I'm not sure but I have noticed that when I use the ZO products such at the Radical Night Repair with a topical w/ salicylic acid in it the lotion won't rub in to my face it just balls up and falls off??

Msjill, salicylic acid is a BHA (Beta Hydroxy). I am not sure why you could not combine the exfoliating polish with either an AHA or BHA, other than someone with sensitive skin may get excessively dry? That would be the only reason I could think of, but I am not an expert!

What type of topical with salicylic acid are you using? (meaning gel, liquid, lotion, etc). It may be too "thick" for the radical night repair to penetrate through? How long are you waiting between applications of each of the product?

As for your eye bags and darker pigment, how long have you been using the ZO eye cream? I think that the eye cream will help with bags and the darker pigment issues over time?

Just my thoughts, but I am not an expert. I am sure FYIguy or ZOskinhealth will come along with their expertise to help you!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
MsJill wrote:
I'm not sure but I have noticed that when I use the ZO products such at the Radical Night Repair with a topical w/ salicylic acid in it the lotion won't rub in to my face it just balls up and falls off??

Are you applying the ZO first or 2nd? I have found that I have very little success layering the ZO RNR over anything else....I think it is best applied first. My other ZO products layer do over it quite nicely.

However, I decided that I had to keep using my Vivite Vibrance in the morning, simply because I felt it had to be applied first, or I was wasting it. And I wasn't willing to give up the ZO RNR, so I split them back....it was just a marriage that wasn't meant to happen. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Qeustion can you use the exforderm in the pm or is strictly am only just curious. I still have no luck with a eye cream still have dark circles

thanks Dale Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:18 am      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
Qeustion can you use the exforderm in the pm or is strictly am only just curious. I still have no luck with a eye cream still have dark circles

thanks Dale Sad

Just my thoughts, redhead, and hopefully FYIguy or ZOskinhealth will pop in with theirs; I would say Exfoderm in the morning, just due to the fact that using it at night with the RA/Blender will produce a lot more irritation to ones skin.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I thought I could use it on the off nights or 1-2 times per week its making my skin hurt during the day I may back off of it completely. Would I get the same benefits using the DPD and the OGF I can't afford the RNR

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi MsJill:

The recommendation on the Offects Exfoliating Polish with regard to AHA/BHA products being used the day before, the day of, or the day after is listed as a safety precaution as ZO Skin Health cannot be sure what other products are being used in conjunction with the Exfoliating Polish. The Exfoliating Polish disrupts the stratum corneum which will allow for easier penetration into the epidermis. If someone were to use the Exfoliating Polish along with an AHA or BHA product that has a low enough pH, the acid could possibly penetrate the skin more quickly and deeper. This can lead to an irritation, redness, and even possibly a burn. It all depends on the concentration of the acid, and more importantly the pH. Because we have no control over what the Exfoliating Polish is used with once purchased, we opted to err on the side of caution and recommend no combination use.

With regard to the balling up of Radical Night Repair, I agree with Rileygirl, what type of product are you using prior to the application (gel, cream, lotion, emulsion, etc.)? How long between applications? And also, is the product applied before Radical Night Repair massaged into the skin?

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you with regard to the product used prior to Radical Night Repair which may be causing the “balling” effect.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
MsJill wrote:

Msjill, salicylic acid is a BHA (Beta Hydroxy). I am not sure why you could not combine the exfoliating polish with either an AHA or BHA, other than someone with sensitive skin may get excessively dry? That would be the only reason I could think of, but I am not an expert!

What type of topical with salicylic acid are you using? (meaning gel, liquid, lotion, etc). It may be too "thick" for the radical night repair to penetrate through? How long are you waiting between applications of each of the product?

As for your eye bags and darker pigment, how long have you been using the ZO eye cream? I think that the eye cream will help with bags and the darker pigment issues over time?

Just my thoughts, but I am not an expert. I am sure FYIguy or ZOskinhealth will come along with their expertise to help you!

Thank you!!!! I do think the caution is likely due to irritation and I haven't noticed any. I use a gel topical w/ salicylic acid and I will try to put it on over the ZO products or wait a bit in between and see if that helps with absorption. As for the eyes...I have been using the eye cream for several months. I am happy w/ the improved texture on the outer edges but right under my eyes and the bags under my eyes seem that same to me. Perhaps I just need more sleep!!!

Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
Hi MsJill:

The recommendation on the Offects Exfoliating Polish with regard to AHA/BHA products being used the day before, the day of, or the day after is listed as a safety precaution as ZO Skin Health cannot be sure what other products are being used in conjunction with the Exfoliating Polish. The Exfoliating Polish disrupts the stratum corneum which will allow for easier penetration into the epidermis. If someone were to use the Exfoliating Polish along with an AHA or BHA product that has a low enough pH, the acid could possibly penetrate the skin more quickly and deeper. This can lead to an irritation, redness, and even possibly a burn. It all depends on the concentration of the acid, and more importantly the pH. Because we have no control over what the Exfoliating Polish is used with once purchased, we opted to err on the side of caution and recommend no combination use.

With regard to the balling up of Radical Night Repair, I agree with Rileygirl, what type of product are you using prior to the application (gel, cream, lotion, emulsion, etc.)? How long between applications? And also, is the product applied before Radical Night Repair massaged into the skin?

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you with regard to the product used prior to Radical Night Repair which may be causing the “balling” effect.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

Thank you Justin. It is a gel topical (good ol' over the counter type) and I do put it on first. I'm always rushing through my beauty routine so there's maybe 20 seconds between applications:) I will try to switch things up a bit with either putting it on and waiting or applying my Radical Night Repair and the the topical. I appreciate the info on the Exfoliating Polish. I have not had any irritation so I would assume it's safe to use in conjunction w/ the polish but I will be mindful of the precaution.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
MsJill wrote:
Thank you Justin. It is a gel topical (good ol' over the counter type) and I do put it on first. I'm always rushing through my beauty routine so there's maybe 20 seconds between applications:) I will try to switch things up a bit with either putting it on and waiting or applying my Radical Night Repair and the the topical. I appreciate the info on the Exfoliating Polish. I have not had any irritation so I would assume it's safe to use in conjunction w/ the polish but I will be mindful of the precaution.

MsJill, just my opinion, but I think you will have worse balling up if you apply the topical BHA gel over the RNR. Maybe you should alternate nights with the products, or move the BHA to the morning? Just my 2 cents!
queenbee

Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I am trying to get rid of persistent age spots on my forehead and cheeks. I have looked into the RX line but think it is too aggressive for my situation. (A close friend is doing his whole program and is experiencing major peeling/redness, etc. although she is getting great results.)
I have been using radical night repair w/ the growth serum and the daily power defense for several months. I have seen an improvement in my overall skin texture and some fading of the spots but not as much as I would like. I was considering using ONLY the blender/clear from his RX line but am concerned it may still be too aggressive. Any thoughts on how to combine these products into an effective but gentler regimen? Or another way to combat this annoying problem? The goal is perfect skin, of course! thanks.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
queenbee, you could use a sensitive protocol for the Nu Derm. It will take a longer amount of time but you will still get the great results. Also, you could incorporate the Growth Factor Serum into the Nu Derm regimen to help with the irritation/redness from the Nu Derm without affecting results. Hope that helps!
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Queenbee Iam using the NuDerm system finished last winter my full 18 weeks and I incorporate some of the ZO into my maintenance routine. The Daily Power Defense being one and the Growth Factor Serum HTH

Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
thank you for all your feedback and ideas! This is a great resource. I have another question. I am trying to restore my undereye (lower eyelid) area which is quite hollow... I assume it needs more collagen...? If I am able to tolerate the radical night repair around the eyes, is that a good choice? I assume that the illuminating eye cream is a milder version since that area can be sensitive. I have not tried it though. Not sure if any product can really solve this issue but would love any ideas.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |