Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:04 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
My face was rather irritated this morning when I got up this morning, most likely from using Nu Derm Clear for a few days in a row. So I pulled out my ZO Overnight Recovery Creme and used that to help reduce the irritation...it worked like a charm, and my skin was more more comfortable throughout the day.

It's too bad that Obagi Medical insists on sticking with that horrid Nu Derm Action...I am sure people using Nu Derm would appreciate a soothing product that doesn't sting like the Action does. Rolling Eyes

You actually can use the ZO Growth Factor Serum after your Nu Derm products, which helps alleviate a lot of dryness and redness, and will not interfere with the process of Nu Derm. The Recovery Creme is too "moisturising" for lack of a better word for the Nu Derm process!
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:22 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:
My face was rather irritated this morning when I got up this morning, most likely from using Nu Derm Clear for a few days in a row. So I pulled out my ZO Overnight Recovery Creme and used that to help reduce the irritation...it worked like a charm, and my skin was more more comfortable throughout the day.

It's too bad that Obagi Medical insists on sticking with that horrid Nu Derm Action...I am sure people using Nu Derm would appreciate a soothing product that doesn't sting like the Action does. Rolling Eyes

You actually can use the ZO Growth Factor Serum after your Nu Derm products, which helps alleviate a lot of dryness and redness, and will not interfere with the process of Nu Derm. The Recovery Creme is too "moisturising" for lack of a better word for the Nu Derm process!

I was also interested in this answer looking for something that will calm in the am/pm when my face is tight from the NuDerm

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
havana8 wrote:
Just spreading the cheer!!

Magda wrote:
Yes, we will be launching ZO Skin Health on EDS in the first half of December.

Dancing Dancing

That is Great news! Very Happy

WOO HOO!!!!! FINALLY!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Another vote for THIS IS GREAT NEWS! Very Exciting!
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I found Radical Night Repair to be highly fragranced. Even though I am fairly tolerant of fragrance but this one is surprisingly strong for a "stimulation" product. I am used to unfragranced products at night, have been using Renova for some time already.
FYIguy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Can this line be used together with SkinBiology CP Serum?

Hi RussianSunshine,

While we have not tested our products with SkinBiology CP Serum, nothing jumps off the page at me ingredient wise with the serum that would interact unfavorably with any products in the ZO line. They mention on their site about the product, “If product is too strong: Dilute with water by taking 1-2 drops of CP Serum in the palm of your hand and adding 2-3 drops water.”My guess that by “too strong” they are suggesting that it could be irritating. With this in mind, I would be cautious if using the Offects Exfoliating Polish from ZO Skin Health with the CP Serum as the Polish will enhance the activity of the CP Serum and could lead to irritation. If you do choose to use the Offects Exfoliating Polish, I would suggest starting slowly (1-2 times per week) and spot test the serum prior to full face application to see if any issues arise.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
Vice President of Research & Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Donna (aka ZOskinhealth),

I have ordered from several of your resellers, and one of them provided me with a VERY nice, LARGE sample of the Oclipse sunscreen as a GWP.

Is there any chance that these will be available via EDS when you start selling through them? I know a lot of people are interested in trying this product.

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
I found Radical Night Repair to be highly fragranced. Even though I am fairly tolerant of fragrance but this one is surprisingly strong for a "stimulation" product. I am used to unfragranced products at night, have been using Renova for some time already.

I am pretty sensitive to fragrance, and have allergies to most perfumes and all room air fresheners. But I love the smell of the RNR, and it doesn't bother me at all.

I wonder if it varies from batch to batch, or changes over time?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:28 am      Reply with quote
FYIguy, do any of your products contain alpha lipoic acid?

And, is there any update on a lip product from ZO?
zoskinhealth
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Hhhmm... Bethany. I'm not sure where or how you got the Oclipse sunscreen offered as a GWP. I think you're talking about the one-half ounce size that is contained in the Jumpstart Kit. It normally is given to people who have a paid appointment to meet Dr. Obagi at one of his personal appearances. I don't think you did that, so maybe somebody just really liked you!

But... nice job!

We do have some new mini samples of Oclipse (it's about 4 ml, so would have a retail value of about $11). It was developed specifically for Nordstrom's heavy hitters and top spenders, and will be offered to them--at no charge--in January. But in case you don't make that list, we can offer a limited number to EDS members at no charge. (I know that EDS will be stocking the full size products soon!). If anyone wants to send me a pm, along with your name and mailing address and email address, we can send you a sample that will give you a good indication of the tint, feel, etc. We have a limited supply, though, so first come, first served.

Donna Queen

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
zoskinhealth wrote:
Hhhmm... Bethany. I'm not sure where or how you got the Oclipse sunscreen offered as a GWP. I think you're talking about the one-half ounce size that is contained in the Jumpstart Kit. It normally is given to people who have a paid appointment to meet Dr. Obagi at one of his personal appearances. I don't think you did that, so maybe somebody just really liked you!

I just checked the bottle, and it is .5ml. Shock Maybe I got it because I ordered several products?? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Either way, I am very appreciative!

zoskinhealth wrote:
We do have some new mini samples of Oclipse (it's about 4 ml, so would have a retail value of about $11)....we can offer a limited number to EDS members at no charge. (I know that EDS will be stocking the full size products soon!). If anyone wants to send me a pm, along with your name and mailing address and email address, we can send you a sample that will give you a good indication of the tint, feel, etc. We have a limited supply, though, so first come, first served.

That is awesome!! Thanks so much for making this available to us!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:12 am      Reply with quote
makemeheal is having a special on the ZO. If you order the Jumpstart Kit, they are giving you a free full size sunscreen with purchase. Maybe ZOskinhealth and EDS could offer a similar deal? Very Happy
FYIguy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
FYIguy, do any of your products contain alpha lipoic acid?

And, is there any update on a lip product from ZO?

Hi Rileygirl,

None of the ZO Skin Health products contain alpha lipoic acid. A lip product is on my list of products to develop, but no specific timeline to bring it to market has been determined yet. Rest assured, you will be the first person I send a sample to for consumer research. Smile

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Justin,

I`d like to know if ZO Oclipse sunscreen contains nanoparticles ?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
Hi Justin,

Hi Aviva,

The Oclipse Sunscreen + Primer SPF 30 uses micronized Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide, so the particle size is larger than a nanoparticle.

I hope this helps,

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
Vice President of Research and Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, rileygirl:

Next week we will have a special offer on our website (a very nice gift with purchase), and I believe that EDS will be making the same offer, so stay tuned!

Thanks!

Donna

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
Hi Rileygirl,

None of the ZO Skin Health products contain alpha lipoic acid. A lip product is on my list of products to develop, but no specific timeline to bring it to market has been determined yet. Rest assured, you will be the first person I send a sample to for consumer research. Smile

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

Thanks for getting back to me, Justin. And, my lips and I both thank you in advance for the lip product! Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
zoskinhealth wrote:
Hi, rileygirl:

Next week we will have a special offer on our website (a very nice gift with purchase), and I believe that EDS will be making the same offer, so stay tuned!

Thanks!

Donna

That is great news, Donna. Thank you for the info!
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:10 am      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
Aiva wrote:
Hi Justin,

Hi Aviva,

The Oclipse Sunscreen + Primer SPF 30 uses micronized Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide, so the particle size is larger than a nanoparticle.

I hope this helps,

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
Vice President of Research and Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

yes, it helps! thank you, Justin Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Justin,

I know that Dr. Obagi is all about aggressively stimulating cell renewal to make your skin look and act like when it was younger. However, I read a Newsweek article today that reminded me that cells can only divide so many times. (see excerpt below)

Can you please share Dr. Obagi's view with us on this, and whether there are any actives in the ZO products designed to extend the telomeres? I know some skincare products include a "Telomerase Enzyme" to help with this.

Thanks!

Quote:

Never Say Die
By Anne Underwood | NEWSWEEK
Published Dec 6, 2008
Other future blockbusters could be drugs that repair telomeres, the DNA caps on the ends of chromosomes. Every time a cell divides, the telomeres become shorter. When they shrink too much, cells stop replicating and start to function poorly. The result is wrinkling and general deterioration—well-known problems of aging. But scientists hope to forestall the effects by boosting telomerase, an enzyme that rebuilds telomeres.
http://www.newsweek.com/id/172561/page/3

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Special offer on the ZO Skin Health Site. Purchase a jumpstart kit, and get a free Daily Power Defense! It says good through 12/31.

Also, offer on the ZO site, get a free travel size microderm hand renewal plus free ground shipping with every order of $100.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Special offer on the ZO Skin Health Site. Purchase a jumpstart kit, and get a free Daily Power Defense! It says good through 12/31.

Also, offer on the ZO site, get a free travel size microderm hand renewal plus free ground shipping with every order of $100.

This same offer will be on EDS soon too, based on what Donna said above. The Daily Power Defense is one the star products, so this is actually a great deal. It uses the Remergent DNA technology, plus some other great actives:

Quote:
In essence, Daily Power Defense represents a new category of DNA repair products which actively works to create an improved environment for the DNA repair while also addressing barrier function, skin thickness, and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

Here is a quick list of the key ingredients and their function within Daily Power Defense:

Sym Glucan – sub-micron sized particles of glucan – penetrates skin, works to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and reduce roughness of skin.

Omega 6 Ceramide: restructuring, soothing and improving corneocytic cell cohesion and optimizing moisture levels in the skin.

Ultrasomes - liposomes engineered to carry an extract from a marine microbe, intensifying the skin's ability to repair sun-inflicted DNA damage, speeding recovery reaction, and reducing the appearance of post-sunburn peeling.

Roxisomes –liposomes encapsulating the first repair enzyme, isolated from a tiny mustard plant, to protect the cell's genetic material from free radical damage. Roxomes aid in the removal of oxidation in the cell's nucleus and its energy-generating mitochondria.

Retinol – encapsulated to reduce photodegradation for daytime use, generates cell stimulation, reshaping of misshapen cells, cellular regeneration, restructuring of collagen and elastin

Matrixyl 3000 – increases skin thickness, reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, anchors new cells for epidermal reconstruction.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:29 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
The Daily Power Defense is one the star products, so this is actually a great deal. It uses the Remergent DNA technology, plus some other great actives

I agree. I am finishing up my Nu Derm, and will be incorporating the ZO products back in to my routine. I am really excited to get back on the ZO products after being on Nu Derm and the Daily Power Defense is definitely one that I will be using every morning.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, can any of you oily gal's that are using the Oclipse sunscreen tell me if it has any mattifying effects?. TIA
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
Hi, can any of you oily gal's that are using the Oclipse sunscreen tell me if it has any mattifying effects?. TIA

I have an oily tzone, and I have found it to be mattifying throughout the day...it actually looks far better on my skin than any other sunscreen I have tried, and feel better too.

After I put it on, I don't put anything else on...I have noticed that it can look a little shiny after it sets, so I do one more quick rub across my tzone and any shine completely disappears.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Ommerse Daily Renewal Creme on my neck/chest for a few days due to being aggressive with Retin A on that area. I am really liking this creme. And, after 2 days of use, my neck and chest look really good. No more dry, scaly look! I am not sure if it is my imagination because it has only been 2 days, but I swear my neck/chest area looks lighter? I will definitely start using this on my face once I am on maintenance with Nu Derm.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |