Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
Jeffiner13
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Posts: 103
Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I am new to this forum and I have been reading up on the new ZO line and bought the body emulsion, just waiting for it to come in the mail. I have been on the Obagi Nu derm since October and I love the results that I am seeing so far. The red and irritated phase was not pleasant and looking like a lizard in the morning was not appealing but it has dramatically changed my face. I had severe pigmentation especially above my upper lip because of waxing, it looked like I had a constant shadow even if there was no hair. Now you can't even tell, all my sun spots have faded/disappeard and I am satisfied. I am worried for the summer time, I am a boater and I love the sun but I will keep up with sunscreen which is something that I never did before and the maintenance program and hopefully my pigmentation will be under control.
Has anyone done the Obagi Blue Peel? I purchased the kit (addicted to Obagi)and am nervous to do it myself but I just simply can't afford to keep going to the clinic and paying full price.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Jeffiner13 wrote:
I am new to this forum and I have been reading up on the new ZO line and bought the body emulsion, just waiting for it to come in the mail. I have been on the Obagi Nu derm since October and I love the results that I am seeing so far. The red and irritated phase was not pleasant and looking like a lizard in the morning was not appealing but it has dramatically changed my face. I had severe pigmentation especially above my upper lip because of waxing, it looked like I had a constant shadow even if there was no hair. Now you can't even tell, all my sun spots have faded/disappeard and I am satisfied. I am worried for the summer time, I am a boater and I love the sun but I will keep up with sunscreen which is something that I never did before and the maintenance program and hopefully my pigmentation will be under control.
Has anyone done the Obagi Blue Peel? I purchased the kit (addicted to Obagi)and am nervous to do it myself but I just simply can't afford to keep going to the clinic and paying full price.


Do a board search here for the blue peel. I have not done the blue peel but there are a few threads on the board about it. I would strongly advise you not to do it yourself. This peel is really meant for a professional to do. Sorry can't help you more! Please be careful, you don't want to damage/ruin your skin after all your effort with the Nu Derm!
Jeffiner13
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Posts: 103
Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Thank you. I have been reading up on it and I won't do anything without fully knowing all the information. I understand a professional is the best choice but I have had chemcial peels before and I don't think it is something that we can't do ourselves with a little experience and knowledge. Professionals had to start somewhere but I won't be naive about it either and make sure I have educated myself. We will see...it won't be for another few weeks yet.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 02 Oct 2005
Posts: 306
Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany you're a great help! I've kind of been on the fence about this because of the price and I wasn't sure if it would make me look like a grease slick by the end of the day. When you say that you do a quick rub to get rid of the shine do you use a tissue or your fingers or something else?. Thanks again.
zoskinhealth
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Aug 2008
Posts: 64
Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Doodles: Would you like me to send you a free sample of the Oclipse? Just pm me your name and address. Thanks!

Donna Queen

_________________
ZO Skin Health
zoskinhealth
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Aug 2008
Posts: 64
Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Jeffiner13 wrote:
Thank you. I have been reading up on it and I won't do anything without fully knowing all the information. I understand a professional is the best choice but I have had chemcial peels before and I don't think it is something that we can't do ourselves with a little experience and knowledge. Professionals had to start somewhere but I won't be naive about it either and make sure I have educated myself. We will see...it won't be for another few weeks yet.


Jeffiner: Please, I implore you. The Obagi Blue Peel cannot/should not, under any circumstances be self-administered. It's an aggressive procedure that can be performed only by a trained physician (not even an aesthetician or a derm nurse can do it). Dr. Obagi doesn't even allow all dermatologists to perform the procedure--until they have been properly trained. The Blue Peel also is performed under anesthesia.

If you want to try to do a chemical peel yourself, try an at-home glycolic peel, etc., but not a TCA.

We appreciate your interest, but more importantly, we care about you!!!

Donna Queen

_________________
ZO Skin Health
Jeffiner13
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Posts: 103
Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Ok...
What should I do about the kit then? Who do I find to do this? I read about it and the anesthesia was more for if you were doing several layers....so I read.

Any help?
Jeffiner13
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Posts: 103
Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:41 am      Reply with quote
....and thank you for your concern
Jeffiner13
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Posts: 103
Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Soooooo I have read some of the threads on this and ok now I see where the concern is coming from. I was naive.

Now I am even worried if I bought a legit kit.

I guess I will have to wait and find that out. Live and learn I guess I jumped the gun on this. I had visions of me doing this myself in front of the mirror at home and coming out like Freddie Krouger. Oh my God, I am staying away from attempting this myself.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Jeffiner, can you return the peel where you bought it from?

I am glad you did some more research and decided not to do this yourself! Keep up on the Nu Derm maintenance, and add in some of these Great ZO products. You and your skin will be happy! Very Happy
Jeffiner13
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Posts: 103
Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I think it will be more of a head ache to return it with shipping costs, I only paid 50 for it. I might just take the loss...

I would really like to get it done. I will have to do some research where to find an office to do it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Jeffiner13 wrote:
I think it will be more of a head ache to return it with shipping costs, I only paid 50 for it. I might just take the loss...

I would really like to get it done. I will have to do some research where to find an office to do it.


Jeffiner, good luck with finding someone to do the peel for you.

Just an FYI...this is a thread dedicated to the ZO Skin Health products, so any future posts on the Blue Peel should either be on a new thread that you start yourself, or on one of the many other threads focused on peels. If you use the search function at the top of every page, you will find a large number of posts on that topic. Thanks for helping us keep this thread on topic.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 02 Oct 2005
Posts: 306
Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
doodles wrote:
Hi, can any of you oily gal's that are using the Oclipse sunscreen tell me if it has any mattifying effects?. TIA


I have an oily tzone, and I have found it to be mattifying throughout the day...it actually looks far better on my skin than any other sunscreen I have tried, and feel better too.

After I put it on, I don't put anything else on...I have noticed that it can look a little shiny after it sets, so I do one more quick rub across my tzone and any shine completely disappears.


Thanks Bethany for all your help! Not sure if you saw my earlier post and I just figured out how to use the quote feature so I thought I'd ask you again - when you say you do a quick rub do you use your fingers or a tissue or something else? TIA, Doodles
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
bethany wrote:
doodles wrote:
Hi, can any of you oily gal's that are using the Oclipse sunscreen tell me if it has any mattifying effects?. TIA


I have an oily tzone, and I have found it to be mattifying throughout the day...it actually looks far better on my skin than any other sunscreen I have tried, and feel better too.

After I put it on, I don't put anything else on...I have noticed that it can look a little shiny after it sets, so I do one more quick rub across my tzone and any shine completely disappears.


Thanks Bethany for all your help! Not sure if you saw my earlier post and I just figured out how to use the quote feature so I thought I'd ask you again - when you say you do a quick rub do you use your fingers or a tissue or something else? TIA, Doodles


Sorry Doodles...I missed it. I just rub my fingers lightly over any shiny spots, and the shine goes away.

The more I use Oclipse, the more I really like it.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 02 Oct 2005
Posts: 306
Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
zoskinhealth wrote:
Doodles: Would you like me to send you a free sample of the Oclipse? Just pm me your name and address. Thanks!

Donna Queen


Hi Donna,
That would be awesome! I PM'd you my details - could you please let me know if you got them. Thanks.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Justin,

I know that Dr. Obagi is all about aggressively stimulating cell renewal to make your skin look and act like when it was younger. However, I read a Newsweek article today that reminded me that cells can only divide so many times. (see excerpt below)

Can you please share Dr. Obagi's view with us on this, and whether there are any actives in the ZO products designed to extend the telomeres? I know some skincare products include a "Telomerase Enzyme" to help with this.

Thanks!

Quote:

Never Say Die
By Anne Underwood | NEWSWEEK
Published Dec 6, 2008
...
Other future blockbusters could be drugs that repair telomeres, the DNA caps on the ends of chromosomes. Every time a cell divides, the telomeres become shorter. When they shrink too much, cells stop replicating and start to function poorly. The result is wrinkling and general deterioration—well-known problems of aging. But scientists hope to forestall the effects by boosting telomerase, an enzyme that rebuilds telomeres.
http://www.newsweek.com/id/172561/page/3


I just want to make sure that this question does not get lost.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Justin, we heard that Remergent pulled the patents for his DNA repair, and the Remergent and IS Clinical lines will be ending.

Since the ZO Daily Power Defense uses Remergent technology, should we plant on seeing any changes in that formulation, or is it not impacted?

Here is the link on the patent update:
http://mymedicalesthetician.typepad.com/mymedicalesthetician/2008/12/corporate-temper-tantrums-skin-care-edition.html

Thanks!

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Jeffiner13
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Posts: 103
Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:16 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Jeffiner13 wrote:
I think it will be more of a head ache to return it with shipping costs, I only paid 50 for it. I might just take the loss...

I would really like to get it done. I will have to do some research where to find an office to do it.


Jeffiner, good luck with finding someone to do the peel for you.

Just an FYI...this is a thread dedicated to the ZO Skin Health products, so any future posts on the Blue Peel should either be on a new thread that you start yourself, or on one of the many other threads focused on peels. If you use the search function at the top of every page, you will find a large number of posts on that topic. Thanks for helping us keep this thread on topic.


My apologizes. I was new to all of this and started asking questions. Thanks for everyone's help.
FYIguy
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Aug 2008
Posts: 77
Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:
Justin,

I know that Dr. Obagi is all about aggressively stimulating cell renewal to make your skin look and act like when it was younger. However, I read a Newsweek article today that reminded me that cells can only divide so many times. (see excerpt below)

Can you please share Dr. Obagi's view with us on this, and whether there are any actives in the ZO products designed to extend the telomeres? I know some skincare products include a "Telomerase Enzyme" to help with this.

Thanks!

Quote:

Never Say Die
By Anne Underwood | NEWSWEEK
Published Dec 6, 2008
...
Other future blockbusters could be drugs that repair telomeres, the DNA caps on the ends of chromosomes. Every time a cell divides, the telomeres become shorter. When they shrink too much, cells stop replicating and start to function poorly. The result is wrinkling and general deterioration—well-known problems of aging. But scientists hope to forestall the effects by boosting telomerase, an enzyme that rebuilds telomeres.
http://www.newsweek.com/id/172561/page/3


I just want to make sure that this question does not get lost.



HI Bethany,

I have not had the opportunity to discuss this with Dr. Obagi yet. I have seen references to a study showing that retinoids extended the Hayflick Limit by up to 50%. The Hayflick limit is the number of times a cell will divide before it stops due to the telomere reaching a critical length. I’m hoping to have an opportunity to discuss this with Dr. Obagi soon. If I can find the study, I will post it here on EDS.

I hope this helps in the meantime.


Best regards,
Justin Morgan
Vice President of Research & Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

_________________
Justin Morgan | Vice President - Research & Development | ZO Skin Health, Inc.
lilybear
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Posts: 101
Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl thanks, that is why I just won't use them, the junk and silicones, they just rip my skin up. I'll take the NaturDerm products any day here is a great special the 4 product kit is less than one of some of these others here http://www.greatnewskin.com/index2.htmlts no silicones, parabens, simple and streamlined, love them! EDS has them too. Sure changed my life, and took 15 years off of my face!
FYIguy
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Aug 2008
Posts: 77
Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Justin, we heard that Remergent pulled the patents for his DNA repair, and the Remergent and IS Clinical lines will be ending.

Since the ZO Daily Power Defense uses Remergent technology, should we plant on seeing any changes in that formulation, or is it not impacted?

Here is the link on the patent update:
http://mymedicalesthetician.typepad.com/mymedicalesthetician/2008/12/corporate-temper-tantrums-skin-care-edition.html

Thanks!


Hi Bethany,

I do not anticipate this creating any issues with regard to Ossential Daily Power Defense as we have an agreement to use the technology and we have not been contacted with regard to it no longer being available. I am following up with regard to this and will let you know the status of the technology in ZO products once I have confirmation.

Thank you for the heads up.


Best regards,
Justin Morgan
Vice President of Research & Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

_________________
Justin Morgan | Vice President - Research & Development | ZO Skin Health, Inc.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
lilybear wrote:
Rileygirl thanks, that is why I just won't use them, the junk and silicones, they just rip my skin up. I'll take the NaturDerm products any day here is a great special the 4 product kit is less than one of some of these others here http://www.greatnewskin.com/index2.htmlts no silicones, parabens, simple and streamlined, love them! EDS has them too. Sure changed my life, and took 15 years off of my face!


Lilybear, I am not sure what you are talking about? Is this supposed to be in a different thread?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
bethany wrote:
Justin, we heard that Remergent pulled the patents for his DNA repair, and the Remergent and IS Clinical lines will be ending.

Since the ZO Daily Power Defense uses Remergent technology, should we plant on seeing any changes in that formulation, or is it not impacted?

Here is the link on the patent update:
http://mymedicalesthetician.typepad.com/mymedicalesthetician/2008/12/corporate-temper-tantrums-skin-care-edition.html

Thanks!


Hi Bethany,

I do not anticipate this creating any issues with regard to Ossential Daily Power Defense as we have an agreement to use the technology and we have not been contacted with regard to it no longer being available. I am following up with regard to this and will let you know the status of the technology in ZO products once I have confirmation.



FYIguy wrote:
HI Bethany,

I have not had the opportunity to discuss this with Dr. Obagi yet. I have seen references to a study showing that retinoids extended the Hayflick Limit by up to 50%. The Hayflick limit is the number of times a cell will divide before it stops due to the telomere reaching a critical length. I’m hoping to have an opportunity to discuss this with Dr. Obagi soon. If I can find the study, I will post it here on EDS.



Thanks Justin...please keep us posted!!

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Justin, I am starting my nu derm maintenance and am starting to use the Radical Night Repair. While looking at the ZO website, I noticed that the top ingredient is Ascorbic Acid, not the Retinol. Can you give some detailed information on this product? It is actually one of the few products that "stings" when I apply it, which makes me think the actives are very high. I would like more information on this!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Justin, I am starting my nu derm maintenance and am starting to use the Radical Night Repair. While looking at the ZO website, I noticed that the top ingredient is Ascorbic Acid, not the Retinol. Can you give some detailed information on this product? It is actually one of the few products that "stings" when I apply it, which makes me think the actives are very high. I would like more information on this!


This is one of the products that we have not heard much about. I realize that it is on backorder in some places due to it's popularity, but I think some additional info would be great for when it does become available again. At $325 a bottle, more info might help some of us justify the expenditure as compared to using Retin A and Vit C on their own.

Though I do have to say that the #1 justification for me is that Radical Night Repair is the first retinol formula with a high level of actives that I can use every day with NO irritation. And rotating it with my Retin A (used 3x a week) definitely makes it last longer. Price aside, this is my favorite product, followed by the Oclipse sunscreen, and then the Growth Factor Serum.

Here is what we have heard from Justin thus far on RNR:

Quote:
1% retinol entrapped in a polymeric delivery system incorporated into an anhydrous silicone elastomer system.

We all know Vitamin A works well with Vitamin C, but the two ingredients generally don’t behave well around each other at active levels. Using entrapment technology and an anhydrous system, ZO was able to include a strong stable dose of Vitamin C in the product at the same time as 1% retinol. In the past, while both retinol and vitamin C have appeared in the same formulas, one has always been at the higher concentration and the other at a very, very low concentration.

Lastly, because of the anhydrous structure of the formulation, no preservatives are utilized in the formula.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Anthony Logistics Instant Fix Oil Control (85 g / 3 oz) BDB Best Sellers Kit (5 items) Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz)