Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Anthony Logistics Instant Fix Oil Control (85 g / 3 oz) glominerals Dual Essence Clutch Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Youth Activating Beauty Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, have you finished 1 bottle of the RNR yet? I am curious how long it will last. I will be alternating it with RA/blender, but the RNR will be used 4 nights a week. Any ideas how long the product will last?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Bethany, have you finished 1 bottle of the RNR yet? I am curious how long it will last. I will be alternating it with RA/blender, but the RNR will be used 4 nights a week. Any ideas how long the product will last?


I finished the Jumpstart sized bottle, and am on a full size bottle now. I switched to the new bottle some time ago, and don't remember when I started. Sad

Maybe Justin can tell you how many pumps are in a bottle...I use 2 pumps on my face, 1 on my neck, and 1 on my chest.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. Thanks, Bethany. I am only using 1 pump on my face and not even a full pump on my neck, so hopefully it will last me quite a while!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Ok. Thanks, Bethany. I am only using 1 pump on my face and not even a full pump on my neck, so hopefully it will last me quite a while!


Do you really think you are getting enough actives with that amount? I wonder what Justin recommends as far as pumps for an average face.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Well, that is a good question, Bethany! I thought 1 pump was sufficient for the face, myself. But, I would love Justin's input here, as well. We need to know how much of the product we should be using!
lifecoach
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 90
Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:58 am      Reply with quote
I have upped my maintenance of obagi to full-time at the moment to get rid of the last of the scars and will finish by january.

I would like to start on ZO as essential should stock it by then. Could anyone give me an idea on what I should be buying and what my routine should be?

Thank you! Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:31 am      Reply with quote
lifecoach wrote:
I have upped my maintenance of obagi to full-time at the moment to get rid of the last of the scars and will finish by january.

I would like to start on ZO as essential should stock it by then. Could anyone give me an idea on what I should be buying and what my routine should be?

Thank you! Very Happy


Hi, lifecoach. I am sure Donna and/or Justin will be along to give you their expert advice on what products of ZO to incorporate into Nu Derm. I am not sure how many products you want to use of ZO, but my 2 cents would be to add in the Exfoliating Polish from ZO, which is great and will get rid of any flakes/dryness from the Nu Derm, as well as their Growth Factor Serum (which you can use while you are on Nu Derm), and the ZO sunscreen (which is way nicer than the Nu Derm sunscreen, feels heavenly on your skin, and most importantly works great!).
lifecoach
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 90
Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, are you still using nuderm or have you transferred over totally to ZO?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:44 am      Reply with quote
lifecoach, I just finished with the Nu Derm, and am starting to incorporate the ZO products back in now. (I did use the exfoliating polish and the ZO sunscreen the entire time I was on Nu Derm, though!)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I posted this pic on another thread, but figured I would post it here as well since I think the ZO skin products have really made a BIG difference in how my skin looks.

This is a pic from today...natural lighting, no make up. My skin did NOT look like this 3 or 4 months ago. I still have some pigmentation to conquer, but I am happy with the progress thus far.

Image

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I just learned (the hard way) that the ZO Exfoliating Polish will pack just as much of a punch as you want it to.

I used it this evening in the shower, went a bit overboard on the scrub-a-dub-dub (ok, maybe a LOT overboard Very Happy ), and ended up resurfacing my cheekbone area. OUCH! Embarassed

But the good news is that this has never happened before the last 3 months, so it can also be as gentle as you want or need it to be.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Another question for Justin! Sorry, I am on a Radical Night Repair kick at the moment! I have used the RNR for the last 3 evenings in a row. Just finished 11 weeks of nightly Retin A/Blender use and had no more flaking. Now, after 3 nights of using the RNR, I have the flaking again. I always take the flaking as a good sign that a product is working on my skin; lets me know if something has ingredients that are working. But why would the RNR make my skin do this, after being used to Retin A/Blender?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Riley, I flake too when using RNR, but only very mildly and it is not an every day thing.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Feb 2003
Posts: 1044
Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Bethany....your picture is fantastic - beautiful skin!!!

I would just like to know if you are also using the ZO illuminating eye repair because the skin around your eyes looks terrific. Very firm, supple, even toned.

Also, I see very little evidence of hyperpigmentation so if you did have any something has surely lightened it.

I'm ablsolutely ready to buy the ZO skin products once EDS starts selling them.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:31 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Bethany....your picture is fantastic - beautiful skin!!!

I would just like to know if you are also using the ZO illuminating eye repair because the skin around your eyes looks terrific. Very firm, supple, even toned.

Also, I see very little evidence of hyperpigmentation so if you did have any something has surely lightened it.

I'm ablsolutely ready to buy the ZO skin products once EDS starts selling them.


Leelee, thanks!

I am using the ZO eye cream at night, and I also Relastin in the morning.

But if you look over my progression of pics on the Melasma Friends thread, you will see that my upper eyelids really started tightening up when I added the Ageless exercises. Dermarolling helped quite a bit too. But I think the ZO eye cream compliments all that.

The pigmentation is fading...Vivite Vibrance has helped a ton.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Feb 2003
Posts: 1044
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the information, Bethany....very interesting.

I have one other question: do you use the ZO Oclipse sunscreen around the eye area?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:38 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
I have one other question: do you use the ZO Oclipse sunscreen around the eye area?


Yes I do...I use it everywhere on my face. It is very non-irritating, which is why I don't hesitate to use it around my eyes.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Feb 2003
Posts: 1044
Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Thank you again, Bethany. I am so happy to hear that. I have so many sunscreens that are too irritating to put near the eye area, yet that is the part of my face that I want the most protection from the sun because it's the first place for fine lines to appear.

Oclipse Sunscreen sounds like a fabulous product. I am becoming impatient for EDS to finally get this line.
FYIguy
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Aug 2008
Posts: 77
Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:53 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
I am becoming impatient for EDS to finally get this line.


Hi leeleedeedee,

The product for EDS shipped out on 12/9/08 and is out for delivery today. Should be really soon now.


Best regards,
Justin Morgan
Vice President of Research & Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

_________________
Justin Morgan | Vice President - Research & Development | ZO Skin Health, Inc.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Feb 2003
Posts: 1044
Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Oh thank you FYIGuy. That information just made my day!!!! I think I will be their very first customer purchasing ZO Skin Health products.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Nov 2003
Posts: 2229
Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Oh thank you FYIGuy. That information just made my day!!!! I think I will be their very first customer purchasing ZO Skin Health products.


Get in line! I've been w/out a sunscreeen for 2 months now..not like me to be patient like this Laughing
FYIguy
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Aug 2008
Posts: 77
Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I was just reassured by our supplier that the DNA repair technology raw materials will continue to be available for use in ZO Skin Health products.

Thought everyone would like to know. Smile


Best regards,
Justin Morgan
Vice President of Research & Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

_________________
Justin Morgan | Vice President - Research & Development | ZO Skin Health, Inc.
FYIguy
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Aug 2008
Posts: 77
Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Justin, I am starting my nu derm maintenance and am starting to use the Radical Night Repair. While looking at the ZO website, I noticed that the top ingredient is Ascorbic Acid, not the Retinol. Can you give some detailed information on this product? It is actually one of the few products that "stings" when I apply it, which makes me think the actives are very high. I would like more information on this!


Hi Rileygirl,

With regard to the ingredient listing and Ossential Radical Night Repair, by law we have to list the ingredients in descending concentrations down to 1.0% after which the descending order is no longer required. The position of the Ascorbic Acid on the list is correct per this requirement, and yes, it is in there at a significant level.

The ascorbic acid is most likely what is causing the flaking as it will aid in breaking up the last pieces of intracellular cement holding the dead cells to the stratum corneum. Also, if you apply the RNR to wet skin you may get some heat / irritation / sting as you’re creating pH with the water (which the product lacks since it is anhydrous). This low pH level can lead to the irritation.

I hope this helps,

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
Vice President of Research & Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

_________________
Justin Morgan | Vice President - Research & Development | ZO Skin Health, Inc.
FYIguy
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Aug 2008
Posts: 77
Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Bethany, have you finished 1 bottle of the RNR yet? I am curious how long it will last. I will be alternating it with RA/blender, but the RNR will be used 4 nights a week. Any ideas how long the product will last?


I finished the Jumpstart sized bottle, and am on a full size bottle now. I switched to the new bottle some time ago, and don't remember when I started. Sad

Maybe Justin can tell you how many pumps are in a bottle...I use 2 pumps on my face, 1 on my neck, and 1 on my chest.


Hi Bethany,

As for how many pumps are in a 30 ml bottle of Ossential Radical Night Repair, 120 will be the average. One and a half to two pumps should be sufficient for adequately covering a face (really depends on the size of the face). Actives are evenly dispersed throughout the elastomer system so it will deliver the same amount with each application.

I hope this helps.


Best regards,
Justin Morgan
Vice President of Research & Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

_________________
Justin Morgan | Vice President - Research & Development | ZO Skin Health, Inc.
FYIguy
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Aug 2008
Posts: 77
Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
lifecoach wrote:
I have upped my maintenance of obagi to full-time at the moment to get rid of the last of the scars and will finish by january.

I would like to start on ZO as essential should stock it by then. Could anyone give me an idea on what I should be buying and what my routine should be?

Thank you! Very Happy


Hi, lifecoach. I am sure Donna and/or Justin will be along to give you their expert advice on what products of ZO to incorporate into Nu Derm. I am not sure how many products you want to use of ZO, but my 2 cents would be to add in the Exfoliating Polish from ZO, which is great and will get rid of any flakes/dryness from the Nu Derm, as well as their Growth Factor Serum (which you can use while you are on Nu Derm), and the ZO sunscreen (which is way nicer than the Nu Derm sunscreen, feels heavenly on your skin, and most importantly works great!).


Hi Lifecoach,

I agree with Rileygirl's recommendation without knowing more details. If you'd like a regimented recommendation, please PM me with information on the products you'll continue using, skin type, issues being addressed, and anything else you think I should know and I'd be happy to put together a suggestion of ZO products to incorporate.

I look forward to hearing from you.


Best regards,
Justin Morgan
Vice President of Research & Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

_________________
Justin Morgan | Vice President - Research & Development | ZO Skin Health, Inc.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Anthony Logistics Instant Fix Oil Control (85 g / 3 oz) Pevonia Spa Clinica Pro Micro-Retinol Essential Moisturizer (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz)