Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
So what's your favourite and next favourite ZO product?

1. Radical Night Repair - Because I can tolerate it on a daily basis with no peeling/redness even though the actives are at a high concentration. Plus, it is Vit A and Vit C all in one.

2. Growth Factor Serum - Because it enables me to get optimal benefits from some of the more aggressive things I am doing, like facial exercises, dermarolling, and STOP..

It was hard not to put Oclipse in there, but since the color is off for me, I moved it to 3rd.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I love the Growth Factor Serum because it's a powerful active that does not irritate my ultra sensitive skin. It's actually soothing and leaves the skin feeling silky smooth. I could never tolerate retinol or any other strong actives before, so the fact that I can use this on a daily basis is a miracle for me. I also use this product around my eye area and not only is there no irritation I swear I have eyelashes growing where I never had them before!!! Is this my imagination???!!!

I also love the Ossential Daily Power Defense for the same reasons as the Growth Factor Serum. It's a powerful, active serum that my skin can tolerate. I finally feel that I am able to use some serious anti-aging serums and creams without the side effect of irritating my skin.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:19 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
I swear I have eyelashes growing where I never had them before!!! Is this my imagination???!!!

Very interesting, leelee. I thought I was having my eyelashes grow from the eye cream, but it definitely could have been from the GFS as I applied that around my eyes, as well. I am only using the GFS at the moment, so I should be able to tell now for sure if it was the GFS or the eye cream causing my lashes to grow! I'll keep you posted.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
I love the Growth Factor Serum because it's a powerful active that does not irritate my ultra sensitive skin. It's actually soothing and leaves the skin feeling silky smooth. I could never tolerate retinol or any other strong actives before, so the fact that I can use this on a daily basis is a miracle for me. I also use this product around my eye area and not only is there no irritation I swear I have eyelashes growing where I never had them before!!! Is this my imagination???!!!

I also love the Ossential Daily Power Defense for the same reasons as the Growth Factor Serum. It's a powerful, active serum that my skin can tolerate. I finally feel that I am able to use some serious anti-aging serums and creams without the side effect of irritating my skin.

Leelee, you use the retinol around your eyes? Haven't tried it there. I love all the products you mentioned, I don't have sensitive skin (quite the opposite) but I find the products very effective. Unfortunately, I LOVE the RNR as well.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:56 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl.....yes, please keep us posted. Although I have the eye cream I don't feel the need to use it everyday because I feel that I have enough moisture from the GFS. However, I do use the eye cream when I go outside because it seems the lighten and brighten up my whole eye area and because with our cold Canadian winter upon us I need that additional moisture when I venture outside. Well, all that to say that it was the GFS that I have been using everyday and so I credit that product with the eyelash growth.

Marina, yes, I have been using the retinol around my eyes because I felt that I could use a little anti-aging benefits there. And, oh, of course I love the RNR too. I use that very sparingly at night and not around the eyes. This is one product that you want to repurchase as little as possible. But, it is a beautiful product.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:57 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:

Marina, yes, I have been using the retinol around my eyes because I felt that I could use a little anti-aging benefits there. And, oh, of course I love the RNR too. I use that very sparingly at night and not around the eyes. This is one product that you want to repurchase as little as possible. But, it is a beautiful product.

leelee, which retinol are you using around the eyes? I'm thinking the RNR is the retinol...

Funny, I was just mentioning this morning to DD that my lashes look fuller, I have a tuft near the corner of my right eye I could swear wasn't there before. I don't have the eye cream and haven't been specifically targeting my eyes with the products, unless they're migrating there.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Marina.....well, the Growth Factor Serum and the Daily Power Defense both contain retinol and it was these two products I was referring to when I said I put retinol around my eyes. I put both of these products around my eye area. The eyelashes at the outside corners of my eyes were rather sparse and they are definitely filling in with a new growth of eyelashes. I just attributed this to the GFS becuase I found that this product would be the one to contain some lash growing ingredints but, I could be wrong. Maybe others can have a little input on this topic.
isa09
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl,
what exactly is your regimine?
ZO or nuderm? and how did you make the decision regarding which product to use Question
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
isa09 wrote:
Hi Rileygirl,
what exactly is your regimine?
ZO or nuderm? and how did you make the decision regarding which product to use Question

I use a combination of the 2. I'll send you a PM.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
A question for those who ordered Antiaging Jumpstart Kit. Have you or have you not recieved your replacement?

I called today and mine is being sent out.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Sister sweets....no, I haven't received mine yet. From what I am hearing you do have to call in order to get a replacement. You did the right thing by calling.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Sister sweets....no, I haven't received mine yet. From what I am hearing you do have to call in order to get a replacement. You did the right thing by calling.

There is definitely some confusion on someone's part here....ZO was very clear in stating that EVERYONE who bought a Jumpstart kit since 12/1 would be receiving a replacement, and that no action would be required.

However, I called EDS today and was informed that they did not know who to send replacements to unless people called, because they did not plan on sending out replacements if the ones in the kits were fine. I informed EDS that both of mine needed to be replaced (I bought 2 Jumpstart kits), and they said BOTH? and I said YES...BOTH.

There is something very fishy going on here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

There is definitely some confusion on someone's part here....ZO was very clear in stating that EVERYONE who bought a Jumpstart kit since 12/1 would be receiving a replacement, and that no action would be required.

However, I called EDS today and was informed that they did not know who to send replacements to unless people called, because they did not plan on sending out replacements if the ones in the kits were fine. I informed EDS that both of mine needed to be replaced (I bought 2 Jumpstart kits), and they said BOTH? and I said YES...BOTH.

There is something very fishy going on here.

Are they sending out your replacements, Beth? I mentioned what was stated (clearly) on the thread and they sent out replacements..just have your order# ready so they can refer to it.

There also a nice note attached from ZO, stating that you don't have to return the product.
zoskinhealth_DQ

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany et al:

I don't think it's "fishy" so much as confusing and annoying! I understand your frustration completely!!!

We gave EDS sufficient replacement products (all QC-checked, to make sure that there was no separation)-- so that anyone and everyone who bought a Jumpstart Kit or full size Radical Night Repair could receive a no-charge replacement, no questions asked.

We also supplied a letter of apology (from Justin, I believe)--one for everybody. JuE Wong, our EVP of Sales, spoke this afternoon to EDS, and was told that an employee took on her own accord to decide that the replacements should not be sent unless specifically requested. I understand that the matter has now been cleared up.

This is disturbing to all of us. I believe that EDS had the best of intentions, but not the best internal communications.

If there are any other problems, please... contact me. I agree, you've been patient... for a long time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
As always, thank you Donna for clearing up this confusion and informing us what the problem was. This helps us to understand some of the "internal" workings that was going on at EDS that led to so much misunderstanding regarding this matter. I'm glad everything has been cleared up.

Thank you so much for all of your help.
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Loumomofthree wrote:
Good morning,
Please forgive me if this questioned has been asked but I am a busy mom of three and and can't find the time to read through the whole thread. I have been skimming and would love to try the jump start kit. Is it sold here at eds. I can't seem to find it.
Thanks so much, Lou

The jumpstart kit is still available at nordstrom.com

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3002433/0~2376780~6009391~6019611~6019614?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6019614&P=1
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
This is good news. Donna to the rescue Cool
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
This is good news. Donna to the rescue Cool

As always! Thanks Donna!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering if you all are still enjoying these products or have some of you fallen off the wagon? If this the products you've been looking and waiting for? I still need to order the jump start kit. I just can't decide what direction to go it.
Thanks so much, Lou
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lou,
I'm really enjoying the ZO products. They do work - smoothing the complexion without irritation. I don't know that I can continue to afford them all (I have the antiaging jumpstart) but I have some favorites that I will continue to purchase. The sunscreen is to dies for and I love the RNR and the day serum. It's all good really. Come to think of it I love the cleansing grains too.
You won't know til you try.
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Lou,
I'm really enjoying the ZO products. They do work - smoothing the complexion without irritation. I don't know that I can continue to afford them all (I have the antiaging jumpstart) but I have some favorites that I will continue to purchase. The sunscreen is to dies for and I love the RNR and the day serum. It's all good really. Come to think of it I love the cleansing grains too.
You won't know til you try.

Thanks I have been trying to read through the thread ..phew...but it's sooo long. Very Happy
I would love to know what improvements you have all seen from using the products? Is it just a good overall product for people who are happy with their skin? I guess I am justaa little confused why people are so happy with it..Does it seem to improve the look of pore size, does it give you a glow .ect..
I'm sure it's here somewhere but i haven't gotten there yet.
Thanks again, Lou
pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Lou, I stopped using both the Oclipse and the Daily Power Defense early on. By themselves, they might be fine for someone who doesn't need or want to apply foundation on top of them. I'm not one of those -- I REALLY NEED to use foundation. Both products produce such "drag" on my skin that it's impossible to blend liquid foundation smoothly and MMU is even worse. I end up looking grainy, with every pore and line magnified.

Of the other three products in the Jumpstart Kit, the cleanser is my favourite. I have seborrheic dermatitis, which means there's a fair bit of peeling and flakiness to begin with. Both the RNR and Growth Factor seem to exacerbate the problem.

It's probably just a case of ZO not being the right fit for my skin but, for the price and being encouraged by the great reviews by everyone else, I had hoped for more.
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
pinky1 wrote:
Lou, I stopped using both the Oclipse and the Daily Power Defense early on. By themselves, they might be fine for someone who doesn't need or want to apply foundation on top of them. I'm not one of those -- I REALLY NEED to use foundation. Both products produce such "drag" on my skin that it's impossible to blend liquid foundation smoothly and MMU is even worse. I end up looking grainy, with every pore and line magnified.

Of the other three products in the Jumpstart Kit, the cleanser is my favourite. I have seborrheic dermatitis, which means there's a fair bit of peeling and flakiness to begin with. Both the RNR and Growth Factor seem to exacerbate the problem.

It's probably just a case of ZO not being the right fit for my skin but, for the price and being encouraged by the great reviews by everyone else, I had hoped for more.

Thanks Pinky, I appreciate your honesty and I would love to know what how the rest of you are doing.I know that all skin types are not the same. My skin is so different now that I hit 40 than it was 10 yrs ago. I'm actually just starting to understand my skin Smile
thanks again, Lou
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Lou, I am still using the Occlipse sunscreen. I have used this product since August. I also still use the exfoliating polish, as well. The sunscreen is still the best I have used and works very well for me. I only used the products for about 6 weeks or so, during which time they gave my skin a nice and healthy "glow" and I was getting some compliments on my skin (which does not happen to me!), but I chose to restart Nu Derm as I needed to deal with my hyperpigmentation again! I am just now starting to add the ZO products back in 1 at a time, so I can tell if they are doing anything for my skin or not.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
pinky1 wrote:

The DPD was actually interfering with my foundation application, actually I was getting oily. Then I tried massaging it in (that was advised here) and it really made a huge difference. Once I massaged it in properly, it was as if I had nothing on..plus I use JM C-esta underneath.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |