Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



DeVita Perfecting Time (75 ml / 2.5 oz) BDB Best Sellers Kit (5 items) B Kamins Nia-Stem Kx Starter Kit (4 items)
ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
pinky1
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 140
Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Marina, I must have missed that tip. I appreciate your help and will try massaging them in to see if helps with foundation application.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2004
Posts: 2294
Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I find that the products are a bit too heavy for my skin. Perhaps just too much of the silicon type ingredients. Using the suggested amounts, I just could not get them to absorb. Plus, even using their gel cleanser, I started to develop lots of blackheads.

_________________
Skin: Over 60, ex combination now sensitive, Cellcosmet
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 375
Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Lou, I am still using the Occlipse sunscreen. I have used this product since August. I also still use the exfoliating polish, as well. The sunscreen is still the best I have used and works very well for me. I only used the products for about 6 weeks or so, during which time they gave my skin a nice and healthy "glow" and I was getting some compliments on my skin (which does not happen to me!), but I chose to restart Nu Derm as I needed to deal with my hyperpigmentation again! I am just now starting to add the ZO products back in 1 at a time, so I can tell if they are doing anything for my skin or not.


Is anyone still using the whole line of products?

Thanks Riley, You probably don't remember me but I attempted to do a gentle form of Obagi a few years ago at the same time as you were doing it. . Are you going at it full force? I have slight pigmentation issues but I seem to keep it under control with my retin-a and 4%hydroquinon combination in pm and sunscreen in am. I am envious of all who do obagi. I just don't know if I could handle the massive peeling. I would also have to prepare my dh for it..he..he..
Good luck to you, Lou
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Nov 2006
Posts: 2168
Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Does obagi help to tighten up your skin? I notice slight slackness around the mouth and nasal area will it tighten up those areas?I am trying to avoid plastic surgery if possible!!!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Does obagi help to tighten up your skin? I notice slight slackness around the mouth and nasal area will it tighten up those areas?I am trying to avoid plastic surgery if possible!!!



I suggest facial exercise for slight slackness.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
lucyluc wrote:
Does obagi help to tighten up your skin? I notice slight slackness around the mouth and nasal area will it tighten up those areas?I am trying to avoid plastic surgery if possible!!!



I suggest facial exercise for slight slackness.


Ditto!! It is working wonders for me!

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 1759
Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
I was wondering if you all are still enjoying these products or have some of you fallen off the wagon? If this the products you've been looking and waiting for? I still need to order the jump start kit. I just can't decide what direction to go it.
Thanks so much, Lou


I am still using the ZO sunscreen, exfoliating polish, hydrating cleanser and day cream and I really like all of them. The day cream is perfect, it absorbs well, without too much massage and gives just enough hydration but my skin isn't shiny or oily looking. I'm a big fan of the sunscreen too.
FYIguy
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Aug 2008
Posts: 77
Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I noticed there was some talk about people having still not received their replacement Radical Night Repair.

If this is the case, please PM me with your name and order information so we can follow up corporately to ensure this is rectified quickly.


Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP of R&D
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

_________________
Justin Morgan | Vice President - Research & Development | ZO Skin Health, Inc.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
Hi everyone,

I noticed there was some talk about people having still not received their replacement Radical Night Repair.

If this is the case, please PM me with your name and order information so we can follow up corporately to ensure this is rectified quickly.


Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP of R&D
ZO Skin Health, Inc.


Wonderful!
khtr
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 2
Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Where can you buy Obagi Nu Derm products at less expensive price? I have combination skin with age spots and over 45. I have seen a dermatologist last week and purchased a Obagi Nu Derm toner and clear. I also purchased a good moisturizer (not Obagis). Are Obagi Nu Derm products bought online are safe and effective? Thanks.
khtr
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 2
Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I am sorry, I need to buy the whole starter set. Does EDS offer it online,too?
isa09
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 110
Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
i buy my nuderm from the dermatologist
I have not tried to purchase online but
there does not seem to be a significant difference in price.
the clear which is the most expensive of the nuderm line, is the one that i run out of quickest (using am and pm)
i'll be watching the post for suggestions on where to purchase...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Just a reminder that this thread is not related to Obagi Nu Derm....they are distributed by completely different companies, so let's please try to keep this thread on topic and focused on ZO.

Khtr, welcome to EDS.

You can buy Nu Derm right here on EDS, and there are no issues with buying online. Please post any additional questions related to Nu Derm on one of the many Nu Derm threads...just use the search button located at the top of the every page, search for Nu Derm, and post on one dedicated to that topic.

Thanks!

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 759
Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:45 am      Reply with quote
still using the ZO with my NuDerm and loving it need to change my tag line will be the BIG 50 on Feb 28 so was just wondering how everyone was doing. Does anyone have a color problem with the Oclipse SS it seems like it throws off my foundation color so keep me posted



Dale

_________________
Turned 50 in Feb 09 skin looks and feels like early 40's use SS everyday and oil free foundation. Normal/combo sensative skin WHAT A COMBO
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Apr 2007
Posts: 863
Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Yes, yes. We discussed the colour of Oclipse a few pages back. Some of us find it doesn't suit our skin tone. There was a vote about it. But many people thought it was a perfect tint, so the chances of ZO changing the tint any time soon are remote. I'm not going to repurchase because it does throw off the colour of my foundation too.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 759
Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:49 am      Reply with quote
thanks agin I did not get my email on this thread I do am not using it sticking with the Obagi NuDerm SS

_________________
Turned 50 in Feb 09 skin looks and feels like early 40's use SS everyday and oil free foundation. Normal/combo sensative skin WHAT A COMBO
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Nov 2003
Posts: 2229
Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
still using the ZO with my NuDerm and loving it need to change my tag line will be the BIG 50 on Feb 28 so was just wondering how everyone was doing. Does anyone have a color problem with the Oclipse SS it seems like it throws off my foundation color so keep me posted



Dale


It doesn't change mine so much that it's noticeable. It may deepen it a bit but that's a good thing for me. My foundation looks less chalky.

That said, I'm able to use my LM MMU again. I had put it aside because it always seemed to grab and streak. Because the ZO is a matte finish & primer, it goes on like a dream, no streaking or grabbing.
FYIguy
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Aug 2008
Posts: 77
Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know about an event in San Francisco that is coming up. Dr. Obagi will be giving a seminar called “Face the Facts”, and in his typical, tell-it-like-it-is style, he will debunk the myths about skin care. He gave the same seminar in Beverly Hills last week, and some 450 people were signed up. This time, I think the capacity for the room is only 200.

11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Nordstrom
865 Market Street
San Francisco, CA

You’ll have a chance to meet Dr. Obagi and get a personal consultation with someone on his staff from the Obagi Skin Health Institute.

Cost to attend is $25. The attendance fee is redeemable toward any ZO product purchase at the event. All guests will receive a 15ml Oclipse Sunscreen + Primer SPF 30 and we’re planning a special gift with purchase.

To register for the event, please RSVP to Nordstrom at 415.243.8500 ext. 1423.

If you have any questions, or would like additional information, please let me know.


Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP of R&D
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

_________________
Justin Morgan | Vice President - Research & Development | ZO Skin Health, Inc.
dubi
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jul 2004
Posts: 47
Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
zoskinhealth wrote:
Hi, Missanna:

In January Mecca Cosmetica will be introducing ZO throughout Australia and New Zealand, but the products will be priced at a premium to help cover the shipping costs and import duties.

Because we want our retailers to be successful with the brand, and because shipping direct at US prices would undermine their sales and marketing efforts, we discourage the sale of ZO both through our own website as well as through other e-commerce sites.

Thanks for your interest; look for ZO at Mecca Cosmetica in January!

Donna Queen


Almost time to replace my current eye cream and doing some research would like to try the ZO eye cream. Can't get this thru EDS due to my location AUS.

Apparently it's available thru Mecca Cosmetica ...Just checked their website and it's not listed. But even if it were...I wouldn't buy it from there. The markup on products at Mecca is OUTRAGEOUS !!!! I know many girls in aus (via beauty forums and personally) won't purchase from MECCA for that reason alone. eg. Shu eumera eyelash curler approx $20-$25USD we were paying around $65AUD. Stila IPF, Just the actual refil was over $50AUD. So on principal (and the ripped off feeling I get) I won't purchase from them. It's a shame....cause you're missing out on a huge market of potential buyers.

I would have purchased from EDS, but seems I can't.

Oh well, the search continues for something else.


Oh, and Happy Valentines Day to you all Smile

_________________
39 yr old. normal combo skin.
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Dec 2008
Posts: 281
Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi dubi.

Yes Mecca is extremely expensive. I have bought some products from them simply because I can't get them elsewhere.

What I don't like is the fact that they charge so much but never offer special discounts (even for Christmas), don't have any sort of loyalty club and they charge more for postage than EDS does from Canada.

But this is not the topic (sorry for my rant). I have asked about ZO several times when I was in the store and none of the salespeople know anything about it. Apparently they are only told about a week before new products are added. I also check their website daily but it's still not there so I don't know when they are planning to launch it.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 3396
Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:37 am      Reply with quote
dubi wrote:
zoskinhealth wrote:
Hi, Missanna:

In January Mecca Cosmetica will be introducing ZO throughout Australia and New Zealand, but the products will be priced at a premium to help cover the shipping costs and import duties.

Because we want our retailers to be successful with the brand, and because shipping direct at US prices would undermine their sales and marketing efforts, we discourage the sale of ZO both through our own website as well as through other e-commerce sites.

Thanks for your interest; look for ZO at Mecca Cosmetica in January!

Donna Queen


Almost time to replace my current eye cream and doing some research would like to try the ZO eye cream. Can't get this thru EDS due to my location AUS.

Apparently it's available thru Mecca Cosmetica ...Just checked their website and it's not listed. But even if it were...I wouldn't buy it from there. The markup on products at Mecca is OUTRAGEOUS !!!! I know many girls in aus (via beauty forums and personally) won't purchase from MECCA for that reason alone. eg. Shu eumera eyelash curler approx $20-$25USD we were paying around $65AUD. Stila IPF, Just the actual refil was over $50AUD. So on principal (and the ripped off feeling I get) I won't purchase from them. It's a shame....cause you're missing out on a huge market of potential buyers.

I would have purchased from EDS, but seems I can't.

Oh well, the search continues for something else.


Oh, and Happy Valentines Day to you all Smile


You have my sympathy, dubi. We have exactly the same infuriating ban on buying ZO from EDS from the UK. ZO want to force us only to buy from Harrods at ridiculously inflated prices, too. Sounds a bit like your Mecca store.

I would have loved to have tried this brand, but it's not to be, alas.

I'm going to be trying other products in order to form a new regime (my former skincare HG product is now discontinued). Don't know whether you have the same skincare issues as me, but please to post if you find something that works well. I'll do the same. Hopefully, we'll come up with some great alternatives.

At the moment, I'm trying Karin Herzog and have been wowed by the Essential Mask. I'll be trying and reporting on other products in the line when I've had the chance to try them. You might want to check out that thread (Review section) as there are some very helpful posts and posters on the subject.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Jan 2009
Posts: 793
Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Whew I finally read this thread from start to finish! I'd like to thank everybody here for contributing so much information! But I still have a couple questions:

For those of you that use Retin A and Ossential Night Repair (I think Bethany was doing this intermittantly several months ago), do you layer the Night Repair on top of Retin A, or do you use Retin A in place of Ossential Night repair for that night only? I know retinol and retinoic acid are different things, but at a 1% concentration retinol vs. Retin A or Tazorac, which is more potent and would deliver more anti-aging/preventative benefits?

And for those of you who are loving the Growth Factor Serum, have you always been able to tolerate silicone bases well? Does this serum actually 'sink in', or does it feel like a greasy film that sits on top of the skin? I am concerned because silicones generally give me blackheads and pimples...

Anyways, these are the 2 products I'm most interested in, and it is definitely a line I intend to try out in the VERY near future. TIA!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:50 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
I know retinol and retinoic acid are different things, but at a 1% concentration retinol vs. Retin A or Tazorac, which is more potent and would deliver more anti-aging/preventative benefits?


The Retin A or Tazorac are definitely more potent. Though they will all deliver anti-aging benefits (the retinol being the slowest to deliver, as it is weaker than either Tazorac or Retin A), if you can tolerate it, Retin A is still the best thing out there for anti-aging.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Feb 2003
Posts: 1044
Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I really do love the Growth Factor Serum. First, let me say that I do not break out with this serum and silicone can easily break me out and has in the past.

What I like most about this serum is that it feels very soothing to the skin and glides on like silk. It's also quite moisturizing on its own although I do put a moisturizer over it. This is not a heavy, thick or sticky serum. I also feel that it has somehow increased the growth of my eyelashes since I also place it all around the eye area (without the slightest irritation, I might add.)

Of all the ZO products I am using this is my favourite - the price not so much.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Mar 2008
Posts: 389
Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know about an event in San Francisco that is coming up. Dr. Obagi will be giving a seminar called “Face the Facts”, and in his typical, tell-it-like-it-is style, he will debunk the myths about skin care. He gave the same seminar in Beverly Hills last week, and some 450 people were signed up. This time, I think the capacity for the room is only 200.

11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Nordstrom
865 Market Street
San Francisco, CA

You’ll have a chance to meet Dr. Obagi and get a personal consultation with someone on his staff from the Obagi Skin Health Institute.

Cost to attend is $25. The attendance fee is redeemable toward any ZO product purchase at the event. All guests will receive a 15ml Oclipse Sunscreen + Primer SPF 30 and we’re planning a special gift with purchase.

To register for the event, please RSVP to Nordstrom at 415.243.8500 ext. 1423.

If you have any questions, or would like additional information, please let me know.


Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP of R&D
ZO Skin Health, Inc.


i wish i was at San Francisco,really want to buy another start kit for my mom

_________________
36,asian,freckles,dry to normal skin type
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



DeVita Under Eye Repair Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Orlane Oligo Hypoallergenique Cleanser Lotion Duo (2 items) Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Youth Activating Beauty Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)