Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Wrinkle Iron Skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:59 am      Reply with quote
HI, Everybody! Just recently I've been reading about Wrinkle Skin Iron. There are videos on Youtube. Has anyone tried it? Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
No, I haven't tried galvanic current on my face. It didn't work for my grandmother in the 1920's and it didn't work for my great grandmother long before that. It's a joke in my family.

I tried it on my body in a spa, Ionithermie, and laughed myself silly when I found out just how the promised loss of up to 6" girth plays out.

The secret is in the way the before/after measurements are done - two or three measurements on just one thigh and many more around my body. At the end of being wrapped in warm mud with electrodes in it, I did lose three or four inches but in 1/16" increments at each measuring point. They all added up to my total loss of inches. 8-)
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Chinachatters,thanks for your comments. The item I asked about is something being used on the face to firm the skin. They something about it being a secret stars like Sophia Loren have used for years. ???? Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Are you taking about Galvanic Spa by NuSkin?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Mars,
You may want to check the thread on galvanic devices.
Toby
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:32 am      Reply with quote
No one knows for sure what exactly Sophie Loren uses. I have read all sort of stories, e.g. uses galvanic, facial exercises, olive oil topically etc. Chances are she is using multiple things, and it is not just one single thing that helps her to keep her good looks.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
[quote="mpstat"]No one knows for sure what exactly Sophie Loren uses. I have read all sort of stories, e.g. uses galvanic, facial exercises, olive oil topically etc. Chances are she is using multiple things, and it is not just one single thing that helps her to keep her good looks.[/quote]

9-) Nobody knows for sure how she really looks, either.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:52 am      Reply with quote
The patent-pending, hand held device uses self-adjusting, low level galvanic (electric) current to facilitate the transport of key ingredients into the skin for improved cleansing, hydration, circulation, and radiance.

The gentle massaging action of each of the three attachments (face, body, scalp), combined with galvanic current, enhances circulation and draws vital nutrients to the outer layers of the skin.

This is from the Wrinkle Iron website. I went to Youtube and saw a video. It looks soooo easy. Question Question Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:53 am      Reply with quote
It is a good one chinachatters!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I looked at YouTube video, and it seems that the device they feature in the video is NuSkin's Galvanic Spa.

NuSkin marketing strategy uses pyramid approach, they are on a lookout for distributors. So the whole approach seems to be not trustworthy. Also an EDS member that owns this device wrote to me that she was not able to achieve results they advertise.

I have been looking into galvanics lately, and also talked to Rita about galvanics. As a result I have purchased a galvanic machine, but it is not NuSkin's Galvanic Spa.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Mpstat,
Did you order your machine from the same place as the cupping machine?
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I ordered from the same place. It has all three "normal" attachments to it, e.g. roller, round sphere, and a flat button. Also made in China, nevertheless it is traditional professional device that is not expensive.

The main thing with galvanic devices that IONIZED treatment solutions are a must.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Can you explain what results you can get from the machine?
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
In the majority of cases the machine is used for better product penetration into the skin. At the same time it is possible to use it to help to pull out impurities out of the skin.

Ionized solutions usually are used as follows:
(+) Push In
• Ionophoresis (+) – penetrates skin (acidic environment)
• Ionophoresis uses positive current to deliver moisturizer and antioxidant ingredients into the dermis where it can do the most good.

(-) Pull Out

• Desincrustation (-) – constrains skin (alkaline environment)
• Desincrustation uses negative current to decongest oily, acneic skin

Ultrasonic devices are also used for better product penetration, but they are easier to use then galvanic, since there are no ionized products involved.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:19 am      Reply with quote
How would it be different than product penetration with a .15 derma roller?
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Toby - It is a good question.

We are talking about comparing two different delivery mechanisms:
• Dermaroller literally pokes the skin with 0.15
• Galvanic current treatment involves the application of low-voltage direct current to the skin.

Galvanic
Designed many years ago by Dr. Rheins to get water-based products through the barrier in the epidermis to the dermis where collagen and elastin are produced, galvanic treatments are painless.
Galvanic treatments have a proven track record in skin care filed. Have been used for years.

Shallow Dermarolling (0.15)
Dermarolling is relatively new compared to galvanic, thus no such long term track records. Dermarolling can be used with any products including oil based.

The main question would be how they compare in terms of efficiency. This question is open, and it would be interesting to see feedback from those that had experience with both.
It is possible that they are not mutually exclusive. But if to choose between two of them, at the moment I personally would choose galvanic.

Also there are no comparative studies on galvanic vs. ultrasonic.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Great information mpstat. What are your skin issues that you are trying to achieve with the machine? Also what actives are you trying to get into your skin?
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
My goal in skin care is more of preventive. I do not have wrinkles, but I noticed today that fine lines on my forehead are more pronounced then some time ago. If I can slow down those, and even somewhat reverse these I would be happy. Although I do not have sagging, but can still benefit from tighter skin. I am going for "fresher" look, if it makes sense.

Rita (I am really grateful to her for all time and guidance) was saying that if used improperly galvanic would not produce results. And because of it she was recommending ultrasonic for in-home use.

Major drawback of galvanic, in addition to being complex, it is imperative to use ionized solutions. Ionized solutions are usually sold to professionals, so it is somewhat difficult to get those solutions, but not impossible.

I am going to use the following actives in the beginning: Lifting Complex (Active Ingredients: Wheat Germ, Saccharides), Oxigenating Complex (Active Ingredients: Phytokine (soy protein), Glycogen (of marine origin)), Eye Zone Complex (Active Ingredients: Wheat Germ, Arnica Montana, Burdock, Lime, Saccharides)
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I have a ultrasonic, and haven't used it that much,it is difficult to know what it is doing when you don't feel any sensation. I will get it going again. I think you are wise to be in the preventive zone, I wish I had known about preventive measure eariler. I feel like I am trying to make up for lost time. Oh well it is better late than never.

I agree with you about Rita,she is the most knowledable person in skincare that I have ever come in contact with.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:38 am      Reply with quote
What kind of utrsonic do you have? SkinSpatula?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I think this is the one I have. http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultrasonic-Facial-Body-Beauty-Appliance-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ250143493042QQihZ015QQcategoryZ11862QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262. Bethany had shared that Rita recommended a ultasonic for product penetration.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby!
Rita did recommend to me SkinSpatula, but when I visited the site there were different types of the devices, when I clarified she recommended to me: http://www.skinspatula.com/skinspatula.html

Obvousely there is a sagnificant price difference, I wonder what about effectiveness.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
This is some information that got me going. http://labmuffins.com/MuffinTin/index.php?topic=1252.msg15819#msg15819

I did check out your website and spoke to someone that explained the skinspaula was good for two purposes. He said it had a feature for exfoliation for people that can't use peels and have acne. The other feature is for product penetration. He said if you can use regular peels and other means of exfoliating the hand held device like I mine is fine. His hand held device is 180.00. There were distributors of my brand that were selling it for over two hundred. So it is hard to say about effectiveness.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I do not have SkinSpatula, and need to start using my galvanic device and see how it goes.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
This is an interesting topic. I wish they really made an iron for the face just like one would use an iron on wrinkled clothes.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |