Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sun damage around eyes...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mirar07
5% products discount

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I was hoping to get some advice for an issue i've been dealing with all summer and i respect the users of this board immensely. Since the summer started, i've noticed that the lines around my eyes (crow's feet and under eyes lines) have increased IMMENSELY. I use sunscreen everyday (spf 30-55) and i try to moisturize the area but it gets worse everyday. The thing i've noticed in the past is that whenever i put ANYTHING near my eyes, it only gets 10 times worse! But i can't bear to go without sunscreen at all. I don't know what to do anymore. If i told you my age you would scream, it's just ridiculous. I'm planning to go to a dermatologist but i was hoping if you guys had any advice on other things i can do on my own or treatments/procedures i can get done by a dermatologist. Summer isn't over till october where i live and i'm scared what i will look like by then...Thanks for your help guys!

- Deb
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
hhm try wearing sunglasses when u r outside? The 100% UVA/B protected ones.
mirar07
5% products discount

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
hhm try wearing sunglasses when u r outside? The 100% UVA/B protected ones.

yes, i wear them everyday.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Then it's hard to imagine that u would get sun damage?? hmm Is it those big wrap around ones?
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe reflected sunrays are still getting to the skin around your eyes despite the glasses? Try a broad brimmed hat during the peak sun hours...
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:47 am      Reply with quote
The sun damage that starts to show on your face when you are in your 30ies and 40ies (or even 20ies) is mainly due to sun exposure during childhood and teens.

The only product that has been proven to erase fine lines, is the prescription strength Retin-A. You can also try a less potent OTC retinol product that might improve your sun damage.

To prevent further damage, you will need hats, caps, sunglasses and a good sunscreen to protect your skin. Smile

5% products discount

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
The sun damage that starts to show on your face when you are in your 30ies and 40ies (or even 20ies) is mainly due to sun exposure during childhood and teens.

The only product that has been proven to erase fine lines, is the prescription strength Retin-A. You can also try a less potent OTC retinol product that might improve your sun damage.

To prevent further damage, you will need hats, caps, sunglasses and a good sunscreen to protect your skin. Smile

I was in the sun alot as a kid and i didn't start using basic moisturizer till i was 17, no joke. My skin sucks at this point but it's been getting worse since i've actually been trying to wear sunscreen and sunglasses. The sunglasses i wear are $15 ones i get from walgeeens that say they have UVA/B protection, i don't know if that's the culprit. I wear glasses so it doesn't make sense to me to splurge, i might have to get prescription sunglasses anyway.

Also, are normal hats as good as wide brimmed hats?

I will ask a dermatologist about retin-a now but i was even thinking about getting laser treatment even though i'm a darker tone(desperation!) Thanks for all your help ladies, i really really appreciate it Smile
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi, mirar07. You have to use a hat with a brim that's wide enough to shade your face. Even though you are diligent about protecting your skin from now on, you may still experience that wrinkles and sun spots continue to appear because it takes many years from the sunbathing took place till it shows on your face. That's the sad truth. I think Retin-A is the best product to combat your "sun wrinkles". Good luck.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Im new here...this is my first post:

but I would say most important is to wear a very high SPF EVERDAY from this point forward to prevent any other damage.

Also, you did not mention your lifestyle habbits?

If you smoke and eat unhealthy this will affect also.
Id start with some internal supplements immedialty such as Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids, Vit E with selinium, Vit A & D as well.

Good Luck!
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
mirar07 wrote:
Hello,
I was hoping to get some advice for an issue i've been dealing with all summer and i respect the users of this board immensely. Since the summer started, i've noticed that the lines around my eyes (crow's feet and under eyes lines) have increased IMMENSELY. I use sunscreen everyday (spf 30-55) and i try to moisturize the area but it gets worse everyday. The thing i've noticed in the past is that whenever i put ANYTHING near my eyes, it only gets 10 times worse! But i can't bear to go without sunscreen at all. I don't know what to do anymore. If i told you my age you would scream, it's just ridiculous. I'm planning to go to a dermatologist but i was hoping if you guys had any advice on other things i can do on my own or treatments/procedures i can get done by a dermatologist. Summer isn't over till october where i live and i'm scared what i will look like by then...Thanks for your help guys!Going to a dermatologist won't help. Whats he/she going to do??? I would use a highly hydrating eye serum, some thing that will keep your the skin around the eye area emollient. Elizabeth Grant eye serum and eye creams work fantastically for me. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

- Deb
Well Deb going to a dermatologist sure won't help. What could he/she do for you?? I would just experiment with highly emollient eye serums such as Elizabeth Grant's eye serum and/or eye creams. The two together REALLY keeps the skin around the eyes hydrated. Good luck with that by the way!
mirar07
5% products discount

Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Well Deb going to a dermatologist sure won't help. What could he/she do for you?? I would just experiment with highly emollient eye serums such as Elizabeth Grant's eye serum and/or eye creams. The two together REALLY keeps the skin around the eyes hydrated. Good luck with that by the way!

I'm just so fed up with using random serums and creams, everything i've used makes the lines exponentially worse in a very short time, sometimes overnight. I just don't know what else to do on my own and feel i need to see a professional, i'm hoping to get laser treatment or as someone suggested, a prescription for retin-a which i have never tried. As for my lifestyle, I've been under ALOT of stress and i am taking a break but i do not smoke and i eat a fairly healthy diet and take vitamins. I am going to start taking the vitamins that have been suggested and i'm off to the store right now to buy a wide brimmed hat and better sunglasses!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Your skin may be dehydrated...a hydrating oil like argan oil, castor oil, avocado oil, or emu oil may help.

ELS (Every Lipid Serum) from Skin Actives is also good and very affordable - $9.50. It contains a number of different oils.

But skip the laser...I spent $3500 on laser treatments and had virtually no improvement. Rolling Eyes

Oh, and I also agree with the recommendation to take the omega supplements.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Stress can definitely play a role in those eye lines. I had a friend who was undergoing a huge amount of stress for a period of a year or so and her eyes looked way older than she was, but now that her life is under control her skin is back to looking good.

Are you sleeping well? If you are under stress and also not sleeping well then that would explain some of the lines too.

I use Dermalogica's Total Eye Care which has 15spf in it - I am not necessarily suggesting this one - but it may be a good idea to find an eye cream with spf in it for day time to protect your eyes while giving them moisture.If you are currently putting sunscreen and a moisturiser they may not be working well together - an spf specifically for the eye area may be better and more gentle.

Then at night something with retinol as the others have suggested Smile I am only just looking into using a retinol product myself so am no expert here but you use it in conjunction with an eye cream (I believe) so you are still keeping the eye area nice and moisturised....
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Your skin may be dehydrated...a hydrating oil like argan oil, castor oil, avocado oil, or emu oil may help.

ELS (Every Lipid Serum) from Skin Actives is also good and very affordable - $9.50. It contains a number of different oils.

But skip the laser...I spent $3500 on laser treatments and had virtually no improvement. Rolling Eyes

Oh, and I also agree with the recommendation to take the omega supplements.
I think so too Bethany; just as bit of hydration is needed. Too often quick fixes are disppointing and costly. I guess taking supplements could help too.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
My recommendation echo Bethany.

In addition to sunscreen, good eye sun protection, and a hat if needed:

Hydrate inside and out. Drink lots of water and good antioxidant fluids (like green tea, or good juices). Take essential fatty acids supplements (I like Health from the Sun's Total EFA with the blend of all the omegas 3-6-9 in the right ratio). You might also try Biocell Collagen II with Hyaluronic Acid internally.

Then try a good oil based cream or serum (or straight oil but I prefer a blended cream). I like ones by Laid in Montanawww.laidinmt.com that have a high % of emu oil in them:
http://cart.laidinmt.com/catalog/LM-Facial-Care-orderby0-p-1-c-14.html

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |