Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
PSF nails it with new eyecream formulation!!!! Big ol' RAVE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Let me preface by saying that I loved the old Super Hydrating Eyecream by PSF - so when I got the email that they had reformulated I was like "really???? Why?" I guess the feedback had been that the original hadn't absorbed well and maybe didn't perform as promised....well, this new "rejuvinating eyecream" is a gem among gems. I seriously think that I've met my HG. When I think of the $$$$$$$ I spend on products that promise much and do little - to think that I spent less than $40 on this - and it DELIVERS. It absorbs quickly - is NOT greasy at all - yet somehow your eye area stays hydrated ALL DAY. At the end of the day, when I catch a glimpse in the mirror, my crows feet are usually pretty pronounced after a day of computer work and laughing or whatever...well, with the PSF on - those lines are much less pronounced and my eye area still feels soft.

This is a great new product for PSF who just seem to keep getting better and better.

I love how I can say I knew them when they were just getting going....

Here's the skinny below.....

Key Benefits:

Anti-wrinkle, antioxidant & brightening eye treatment
Non-irritating and non-occlusive, perfect for contact lens wearers

Non-greasy formulation absorbs deep into the skin, will not smudge eye makeup

Fragrance free, dye free, alcohol free, lanolin free

Key Active Ingredients:

SYN®-COLL - Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3 is a small collagen building peptide with significant wrinkle reducing abilities.

HOP-20® - Human oligopeptide-20. Synthetically derived human-identical peptide that decreases the signs of aging by reducing the degenerative effects of excessive MMP activity.

Soy-Rice Bran Peptides - Dramatically reduces dark circles & puffiness around the eyes (study showed 35% reduction after 8 weeks treatment), improves skin smoothness & texture, improves microcirculation of the blood in the skin.

Vitamin A (Retinol Palmitate with Bio-Liposome Delivery System™) - Anti-aging & anti-wrinkle properties, potent skin regenerating agent, promotes epithelization & keratinization.

Inositol - Antioxidant & DNA repair molecule. In a study published by the University of Maryland, Inositol was shown to protect human skin cells from the harmful effects of UV radiation. Inositol is a potent antioxidant that researchers have found to prevent reactive molecules from injuring DNA & turning cells cancerous.

Hyaluronic Acid - One of the most effective super-moisturizers known to modern science. Capable of holding 1,000 times its molecular weight in water, it hyperhydrates skin cells to "plump up" fine lines & wrinkles, leaving behind smoother, younger looking skin.

Seaweed Extract - Firms and tones sagging skin, soothing properties decrease puffiness and dark circles.

Maria Very Happy

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
PSF Pure Skin Formulations Rejuvenating Eye Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz)
PSF Pure Skin Formulations Rejuvenating Eye Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz)

This luxurious eye cream will help to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while diminishing under-eye puffiness and dark circles.

Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I got that e-mail too. I was wondering if anyone had a chance to try it.....hhhmmmm, might have to try it now!!!
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
Let me preface by saying that I loved the old Super Hydrating Eyecream by PSF - so when I got the email that they had reformulated I was like "really???? Why?" I guess the feedback had been that the original hadn't absorbed well and maybe didn't perform as promised....well, this new "rejuvinating eyecream" is a gem among gems. I seriously think that I've met my HG. When I think of the $$$$$$$ I spend on products that promise much and do little - to think that I spent less than $40 on this - and it DELIVERS. It absorbs quickly - is NOT greasy at all - yet somehow your eye area stays hydrated ALL DAY. At the end of the day, when I catch a glimpse in the mirror, my crows feet are usually pretty pronounced after a day of computer work and laughing or whatever...well, with the PSF on - those lines are much less pronounced and my eye area still feels soft.

This is a great new product for PSF who just seem to keep getting better and better.

Key Benefits:

Key Active Ingredients:

SYN®-COLL - Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3 is a small collagen building peptide with significant wrinkle reducing abilities.

HOP-20® - Human oligopeptide-20. Synthetically derived human-identical peptide that decreases the signs of aging by reducing the degenerative effects of excessive MMP activity.

Soy-Rice Bran Peptides - Dramatically reduces dark circles & puffiness around the eyes (study showed 35% reduction after 8 weeks treatment), improves skin smoothness & texture, improves microcirculation of the blood in the skin.

Vitamin A (Retinol Palmitate with Bio-Liposome Delivery System™) - Anti-aging & anti-wrinkle properties, potent skin regenerating agent, promotes epithelization & keratinization.

Inositol - Antioxidant & DNA repair molecule. In a study published by the University of Maryland, Inositol was shown to protect human skin cells from the harmful effects of UV radiation. Inositol is a potent antioxidant that researchers have found to prevent reactive molecules from injuring DNA & turning cells cancerous.

Hyaluronic Acid - One of the most effective super-moisturizers known to modern science. Capable of holding 1,000 times its molecular weight in water, it hyperhydrates skin cells to "plump up" fine lines & wrinkles, leaving behind smoother, younger looking skin.

Seaweed Extract - Firms and tones sagging skin, soothing properties decrease puffiness and dark circles.

Maria Very Happy

Hey Maria,

Tell me more! I've been eyeing this up but funds are low and although I know I should sample, it's still on sale. I liked the old cream too, but it was a tad greasy. It tended to feel like it just didn't absorb and then ran my eyeliner.

Is it still in the pumps? I see a jar on the website. I prefer the jars because then I can get every last bit out - Laughing

ARe you noticing any effects so far? I have crepey undereyes, dark circles and fine lines beginning.

Thanks!

Heather
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have never been a fan of any type of skin care product in a jar as I feel that if it does have any active products then they will degrade very quickly or else there are no real active products. The only exception I have seen for this was Valmont Elixir which they say has to be used fairly quickly and their recent product was produced in an airless container.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I have never been a fan of any type of skin care product in a jar as I feel that if it does have any active products then they will degrade very quickly or else there are no real active products. The only exception I have seen for this was Valmont Elixir which they say has to be used fairly quickly and their recent product was produced in an airless container.

Hi Bushy ~ That's very interesting! I have never heard of that before. Confused Now what do you suppose would make the actives evaporate and not the rest of the formula? Is there a chemical reason or is this just your thoughts because of opening and closing the jar??? I have used other products with actives in jars and really never thought twice. They've always seem to stay effective, or so I thought. TIA
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:06 am      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
Mariav wrote:

Key Benefits:

Key Active Ingredients:

Maria Very Happy

Hey Maria,

Tell me more! I've been eyeing this up but funds are low and although I know I should sample, it's still on sale. I liked the old cream too, but it was a tad greasy. It tended to feel like it just didn't absorb and then ran my eyeliner.

Is it still in the pumps? I see a jar on the website. I prefer the jars because then I can get every last bit out - Laughing

ARe you noticing any effects so far? I have crepey undereyes, dark circles and fine lines beginning.

Thanks!

Heather

Hey Heather - No, it's not in the pump anymore - it is in the jar and it comes with a little spatula thingy for sanitary purposes. I hear what Bushy is saying about jars vs pumps - and I guess I would wonder why PSF chose to go the way of the jar b/c I did prefer pumping the eyecream -- this may sound lazy - but there was no jar lid to unscrew, then scoop the bit of eyecream that you need onto the spatula - then close the lid - with a pump - you just pump and go!!! Laughing BUT - because I love the formula so much, I'll deal with it.

I don't have dark circles or crepiness per se - but I def. have lines around the area which the PSF addresses quite well. There's almost a slight plumping effect - and again, that softness lasts throughout the day which is a BIG plus.

Maria Very Happy

5% products discount

Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Do you find it to be firming? Some of the ingredients would suggest yes.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I suspect that PSF got tired of having to deal with issues caused by their airless pumps. When they worked well, they were fine, but they were kind of finicky.

My concern would be about ingredients that oxidize on exposure to air--a jar is going to have a lot of surface area exposing the product.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
bushy wrote:

Hi Bushy ~ That's very interesting! I have never heard of that before. Confused Now what do you suppose would make the actives evaporate and not the rest of the formula? Is there a chemical reason or is this just your thoughts because of opening and closing the jar??? I have used other products with actives in jars and really never thought twice. They've always seem to stay effective, or so I thought. TIA

It's because the contents are exposed to light, oxygen and bacteria.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:21 am      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:

It's because the contents are exposed to light, oxygen and bacteria.

Yes, exactly. I think many companies are recognising that consumers want their products to stay as fresh for as long as possible, particularly now that we are seeing real actives in the formulas rather than just a moisturiser. But some are taking the lazy and easy way out by putting the contents into a jar rather than taking the time to use a proper airless container. Some companies I have contacted have just said the formula was too thick for a pump container but that put me off instantly. Remergent have airless pump containers which work very reliably, use all the contents and cope with thick (Barrier Repair) contents so it can be done.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
I was reading something today on a new Medik8 product produced by Pangaea Laboratories and found this:

Quote:
To ensure the formulation is only activated on use, the plastic packaging comprises two airtight cylinders with separate actuators that are pressed simultaneously to produce the correct dose. “it never fails to amuse me when I see antioxidants in jars,” says Isaacs. “Once they’ve been opened a few times there’s no activity left".

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:48 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
...Remergent have airless pump containers which work very reliably, use all the contents and cope with thick (Barrier Repair) contents so it can be done.

Yep, I'm really liking the airless pump containers that Remergent uses!

I wonder if it would work to buy the eyecream, and then cram it into a new airless pump bottle from one of these places?

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com
http://www.bottlesandfoamers.com/
http://www.lotioncrafters.com/
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I've tried that before and failed miserably -- something about the air pressure always made the top come unscrewed with every few pumps. I may have been using the wrong type of pump, but I suspect it had to do with creating a vacuum upon bottling. Let us know if you ever get this to work, though!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
I've tried that before and failed miserably -- something about the air pressure always made the top come unscrewed with every few pumps. I may have been using the wrong type of pump, but I suspect it had to do with creating a vacuum upon bottling. Let us know if you ever get this to work, though!

I'm tempted. This sounds like a fabulous eye cream. I've never tried buying an airless pump container and monkeying with it; I'd be tempted to superglue the cap on once it was filled, and call it good. Laughing
havana8

Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
The new PSF eye cream has arrived at EDS:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-rejuvenating-eye-crea-p_9659.htm
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Any more users of the product? Comments?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav- have you used the cranberry eye cream. I was wondering how they compared...
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I loved PSF's hydrating eye cream and HATED their airless pump but I'm not convinced that a jar is the best way to package it. I know they've had a challenge with their airless pumps, why don't they find and test another supplier for pump dispenser?

Murad manages to package their actives in excellent pump designs that not only work every time, but dispense just the right amount and allow the end user to get ALL the product out. Why can't PSF look into this instead of choosing the easy way out with a jar? Sure, it comes with a scoop but where do you store the scoop to keep everything sanitary? Wink

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
pandaa
5% products discount

Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:31 am      Reply with quote
I have just finished my bottle of cranberry eye gel, and was wondering if I should repurchase it or try the Stimucoll-C. And looks like I have another option now!

Is there anyone who have tried all 3 give a comparison? Laughing
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
Mariav- have you used the cranberry eye cream. I was wondering how they compared...

Hi JF - hmmm...I don't think I've used the Cranberry Eyecream. Maybe I tried it in a sample when it first came out? But I think I've always gone for the more hydrating eyecream.

I do agree with Athena though in that I so wish it was a pump and not a jar. That's truly my only beef with it - I've been using the eyecream every day since I raved here and I really DO love this eyecream.

My faves in the PSF line (not that you asked, but I'm telling anyway! Laughing ) are:

Firming Facial Toner
Berry Berry Beneficial
(Honey) Moisturizing Mask
Hydrating Eye Cream.

Maria Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Cranberry eye gel does very little improvement on my under eyes circles.
But it has improved the texture and it doesn't look dry anymore.

But i am still a firm believer of PSF.
Still using their papaya cleansing gel and clarifying toner
pandaa
5% products discount

Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
cranberry eye gel works great for reducing the puffiness in my case.
And what I like about it is that it doesn't sting my eyes . I have pretty sensitive eyes,and some products sting my eyes.

There are so many PSF products in my list now that I want to try!
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm tempted by this new PSF eye cream. Has anyone who has milia or prone to milia used this new eye cream with success? I may have to sample this...

Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Apparently these are not suitable for thick or pulpy products, but if the texture of PSF's eye cream is not thick, what about transferring it into these airless pumps? According to the instructions, once the liquid comes into contact with the pump mechanism, it activates the airless seal creating an oxygen barrier. The other good thing is that provided they are properly sterilized, they are also re-usable.

Pitotubes
http://206.123.101.23/~pito/shoppingcart/index.php?main_page=index%26cPath=64
(you may have to cut&paste link to work)
http://www.pitotubes.com./instructions.html
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:58 am      Reply with quote
I am about to buy this product on EDS. I hope it works as well as you mentioned. I had been using Dr H eye cream bt it does nothing for me. I have fine lines around my eyes esp when I laugh and this really sucks as I really want to get rid of them. I tried using Clarins night serum thingy for the eye and at first i thought it seemed to work. i could feel it some kind of sensation after applying it but after a few days, that sensation wore off and it seems to have not much effect either. So... i really hope PSF is my answer!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |