Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



On Accutane and desperately need recs for hydration help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Nov 2006
Posts: 593
Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Need you gals' suggestions for the most hydating/rich :

Eye Cream
Day Moisturizer (without SPF)
Undereye concealer
Foundation/makeup primer
Loose powder/ pressed powder
Liquid or cream foundation (want as sheer/natural as possible coverage)

Am finishing up my course of Accutane and really experiencing the dryness now. All my usual skincare/makeup products are simply not enough anymore.

For example, my normal liquid foundation is way to drying for me to use anymore - it dehydrates my skin and ends up looking extremely cakey and mask-like at the end of the day.

My eye cream is not hydrating enough and my normal undereye concealer is emphasizing fine lines that I never had before all this dehydration.

Any help would be appreciated!
cortigirl
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 212
Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:31 am      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
Need you gals' suggestions for the most hydating/rich :

Eye Cream
Day Moisturizer (without SPF)
Undereye concealer
Foundation/makeup primer
Loose powder/ pressed powder
Liquid or cream foundation (want as sheer/natural as possible coverage)

Am finishing up my course of Accutane and really experiencing the dryness now. All my usual skincare/makeup products are simply not enough anymore.

For example, my normal liquid foundation is way to drying for me to use anymore - it dehydrates my skin and ends up looking extremely cakey and mask-like at the end of the day.

My eye cream is not hydrating enough and my normal undereye concealer is emphasizing fine lines that I never had before all this dehydration.

Any help would be appreciated!



I went on accutane. Although I had dry skin...i never really went for any different type of skin care products. The only thing that i did, which helped..was put a thick gob of vaseline on my face before bedtime. And if my skin was dry again the next day, i would just keep doing it until i noticed a difference. So sometimes i'd have to do this 2-3 times a week. You should try it before changing your whole skin care routine (which could cause even worse of a reaction and make your skin even dryer).

_________________
Vancouver, BC Canada. Oil cleansing method all the way!
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Nov 2006
Posts: 593
Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip - never thought of that Smile However, wouldn't that mean that your skin wouldn't be able to "breathe" while you slept?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 1366
Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:59 am      Reply with quote
I believe that Atopalm MLE Face Cream is a good choice. It contains essential lipids and works to repair the skin barrier, which is what you need after a course of Accutane.

http://www.skinstore.com/store/product.asp?catID=2569&prodID=2573

_________________
Female, 40, Norway. Normal/dry skin, starting to see signs of aging. Staples: Glycolic acid cleanser, SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF, Revaleskin, NIA24.
cortigirl
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 212
Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:49 am      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
Thanks for the tip - never thought of that Smile However, wouldn't that mean that your skin wouldn't be able to "breathe" while you slept?


lol how does putting vaseline on your face prevent your skin from breathing? ....that's the last thing you really need to worry about lol. Vaseline is a great moisturizer...you can research it online but it's known to be awesome for your skin. Heck, i still use it when my skin feels dry.

_________________
Vancouver, BC Canada. Oil cleansing method all the way!
cortigirl
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 212
Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
cortigirl wrote:
FaithTruth wrote:
Thanks for the tip - never thought of that Smile However, wouldn't that mean that your skin wouldn't be able to "breathe" while you slept?


lol how does putting vaseline on your face prevent your skin from breathing? ....that's the last thing you really need to worry about lol. Vaseline is a great moisturizer...you can research it online but it's known to be awesome for your skin. Heck, i still use it when my skin feels dry.



Here is a site where it even shows that tyra banks and hilary duff like vaseline: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/462788/6_cheap_beauty_products_loved_by_celebrity.html?cat=69

_________________
Vancouver, BC Canada. Oil cleansing method all the way!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 499
Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:32 am      Reply with quote
i was on accutane and combated the dryness with hydrating serums instead of a rich moisturizer. Make sure you use a very gentle cleanser. I can't recommend the ones I used as they are made for my dermatologist.

I also stopped using all makeup.

Please watch out for your lips. Mine were cracked and bleeding despite using steroid lip balm and others. I was lazy to re-apply during the day and paying the price now. PLEASE USE YOUR LIP BALM. It has been 4-5 years and to this day, i have deep vertical groves on my lips Sad

_________________
normal to combination skin that is sensitive. cheeks have large, visible pores and flush very easily. most SAs tell me "dehydrated on the outside, oily on the inside"!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
cortigirl wrote:
Vaseline is a great moisturizer...you can research it online but it's known to be awesome for your skin. Heck, i still use it when my skin feels dry.
Here is a site where it even shows that tyra banks and hilary duff like vaseline:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/462788/6_cheap_beauty_products_loved_by_celebrity.html?cat=69



I wholeheartedly agree! And while I'm at it, I'll also offer that cosmetic grade mineral oil, (which has always had a bad rap), is in reality a wonderful moisturizer as well.

Sometimes I think people just feel better about a product when it cost's a fortune.. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Bioelements Calmitude Hydrating Solution (118 ml / 4 floz) StriVectin Repair & Protect Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz)