Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Try eat Omega oils for "bad skin"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I've been having very bad skin all my life, sometimes better with just a few breakouts of spots, but mostly all the time. I have been using the best skincare products since I was 20 (now I'm 34), but whatever I've tried, my skin was not good to me at all..

So, I got a very interesting tip a couple of months ago.
Try to take extra oil in your diet, especially Omega-6 oil and GLA oil. Latin; Oenothera biennis L.

I've been eating this capsules whit oil for three months now, and I haven't had One breakout of spots since I started to eat them. Maybe it's to early to say it the oils effect only, due to the fact that its summer, but still. Not one spot! Smile

Still, i won't stop using my DeCleor product, but I do understand better now that bad skin Do can come from the inside as well, no matter how much I use good product or not..
Sophias1920
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
That seems to make sense. My skin is going through a rough phase especially during these couple of months. Could be the hormones. BUT I shall try omega 6 and see how it goes. What I would like is to get rid of some of the spots on my skin. Mad I refuse to use bleaching creams. I tried using lemon to get rid of the spots. It worked for some of them. But it does take time to get rid of all of them. I don't have many but still Omega 6 it is. Very Happy
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, essential fatty acids are wonderful for the skin. I am a dietitan so I have studied these topics.

EFA's are directly related to inflammation response in the body. When you have pimples..it is partly due to oil production and an inflammation in the pore.
EFA's help to blanace this, therefore improving skin.

I believe everyone should tkae Omega's (EFA's) and some antioxidents to protect your skin!
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thought I would also post some food sources of EFA's however, to get a good skin healing threaputic dose: I'd take the capsules as well!!!

[b]
Avacadoes
Salmon
Halibut
Almonds,Cashes,Walnuts, Sunflower Seeds....very important, to be to buy all nuts & seeds in RAW form. If they are "roasted" they are high heated treated and this destroys the delicate EFA's.
Green Olives
Olive Oil used uncooked
Flax Seed Oil, used uncooked

You can make a great salad dressing using Olive Oil, a little flax oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and dried oregano!
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Does Omega 3 or Evening Primrose Oil help too? Thanks!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:47 am      Reply with quote
I only take an Omega 3 supplement because most of us get enough Omega 6 through our diet. It's important to maintain a proper balance between Omega 3 and omega 6, and many of us don't eat sufficient amounts of fat fish to cover the needs of Omega 3.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I take Omega's and borage oil. My skin really shows the difference when I do not. If you can't tolerate Omega's, try flaxseed, it works great too but w/o the acid reflex some get from the other.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I take Omega-3 too. But there is no improvements at all. I don't know, maybe it is the brand I take?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
cchan2009 wrote:
I take Omega-3 too. But there is no improvements at all. I don't know, maybe it is the brand I take?

These two brands of Omega 3 are recommended by "the skin guru", Dr Leslie Baumann, in one of her books: Nordic Naturals' Omega 3 Formula gel caps and Carlson's Arctic Cod Liver Oil capsules.

5% products discount

Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've always wanted to try Omega-3 supplements, I think that's why Japanese ppl have such good skin (bc of all the fish they eat). But I am a little afraid to try it. I was thinking of taking fish oil capsules but does the pills smell like fish? does anyone know?
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
i'm now taking dr ohhira's living oils which has omega 3, 6 and 9. i like that it's a multi-tasking supplement, and i don't have to take two or three to get all the omegas. Very Happy
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
This is a great thread - I have been taking Evening Primrose Oil capsules but only for the last 5 days or so, so I am yet to know the results but like Omega oils this is also meant to be good for the skin. I know my hormones are out of balance which is causing my skin to breakout and EPO is meant to help balance while also being good for the skin and eczema etc.
I have tried working on the problem from the "outside" so am now turning to diet and am trying to help the "inside"....
pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I can't attest to the fact that Omega oils help my facial skin, but I know for a fact that if I faithfully take my Omega 3 supplements, my psoriasis is pretty well non-existent. It's so nice to have a remedy that does not involve using prescription drugs!
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for all your info
soliloquy
5% products discount

Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
omega oil & borage oil should always be taken w/ a protein for maximum results; such as fish, meat, eggs, nuts. my skin has improved immensely since i've been taking omega's & i take them for their anti-inflammatory properties w/ the improved skin as an unexpected benefit...& always drink lots of water!!!
also, a great remedy for "spots" is licrogel by scientific botanicals. it's a pink gel that's peppermint oil & licorice root. it also works great for shingles, cold sores, bug bites & poison oak. my 82 yr old mother uses licrogel on age spots & swears by it.
Artic_Mama
5% products discount

Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've been taking Fish Oil and Flaxseed Oil caplets for a month or so due to problem skin and it definitely does help. Food sources tend to be better than supplementing but any little bit helps. Deficiencies in fatty acids can absolutely exacerbate skin conditions!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Essential Fatty Acids are wonderful for many things, including dry skin, reducing depression, reducing cholesterol. I take Health From the Sun'swww.healthfromthesun.com Total EFA (Omega 3-6-9 in the correct ratio) as well as Lovazawww.lovaza.com (fish oil) which my doctor prescribes so I only pay a prescription drug co-pay.

5% products discount

Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I take a Zinc, B5, Alpha Lipoic Acid, and an Omega 3 everyday. All of these will help bad breakout skin. I don't have perfect skin, but I do notice a difference when I take these as oppose to when I don't. They aren't a cure but they do help.
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
soliloquy wrote:
omega oil & borage oil should always be taken w/ a protein for maximum results; such as fish, meat, eggs, nuts. my skin has improved immensely since i've been taking omega's & i take them for their anti-inflammatory properties w/ the improved skin as an unexpected benefit...& always drink lots of water!!!
also, a great remedy for "spots" is licrogel by scientific botanicals. it's a pink gel that's peppermint oil & licorice root. it also works great for shingles, cold sores, bug bites & poison oak. my 82 yr old mother uses licrogel on age spots & swears by it.

The licrogel sounds very interesting - how fast does it tend to work on pimples? and is it drying?
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
cchan2009 wrote:

These two brands of Omega 3 are recommended by "the skin guru", Dr Leslie Baumann, in one of her books: Nordic Naturals' Omega 3 Formula gel caps and Carlson's Arctic Cod Liver Oil capsules.

I've tried both the Carlson Cod Liver Oil and Nordic Naturals' Cod Liver Oil (in liquid form). I prefer the Carlson brand, it has less of a "fishy" taste compared to Nordic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
btw, how much should one take for the Omega 3? I heard that we should take 3000mg EPA/ DHA at least a day...not 3000mg fish oil. Can someone give me more info? Thanks! Smile
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've started taking an Omega tablet as well. Too soon to see results though. Not sure how much I should be taking though...I've also read that taking a Vit-A tablet with the Omega tablet helps with absorption.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
i've been taking omega 3 for a few years. i don't notice too much of a difference in my skin Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:00 am      Reply with quote
In just over a week of taking EPO it is still too soon to tell with my face but a small patch of eczema on my shin is looking MUCH better Smile I think I will need to give it 3-4 weeks before I know whether my facial skin has improved as it is not uncommon for me to go up to 2-3 weeks without breaking out.
Fingers crossed!
I am also trying to drink 6-8 glasses of water as well....something has to work!
kellies
5% products discount

Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:24 am      Reply with quote
A well balanced diet comprising of eating vegetables especialy kales, broccoli and fruits 3 times a day can do wonders for the body inside and out, you cant just rely on supplements to achieve good skin. foods rich in fiber help flush toxins from the body, this toxins cause breakouts and dull skin if you dont go normal if u know what i mean it shows on the skin.... lots of water too helps Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |