Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Just to be courious..How much money do You spend..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:39 am      Reply with quote
...on make-up and skincareproducts?

I just look at my last purchase from EDS, and it was and order for 300 CAD, and I buy for the same amount at least every three to four month from EDS. BUT, in Sweden i had to pay at least the double cost for the same products, so... I save money at the end.. Wink

Im I the "worst" spender..?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Vanilj.
Hehe, I think you are in good company on this forum. I am in Norway and have received some huge packages from EDS, as well. I don't even dare to think about the costs, but I find that it gets quite expensive in the end when all taxes and fees are paid. I reckon that I save approximately 20 per cent compared to Norwegian prices, but I guess the savings depend on which products you buy. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
On makeup and skincare products I would say 400 pr month....I have cut way back it used to be over 600 a month.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I plead the 5th, lol!! Very Happy
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've been a good girl and havent bought that much in the past 6+months...only cos I'm saving up for my hols when I will be SPENDING SPENDING SPENDING Bad Grin
I would say on average, I spend about £20 a month, so in a year that would be £240, which is'nt that bad Cool
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have been wondering the same thing - but I am definitely up there with you on that spending track! Smile and it looks like many others here are too....

I did a fair bit of experimenting with products earlier in the year which cost a lot - but I am now getting down to the handful of products that I find really work for me so that may cut the spending (a teeny bit! lol).

Like you I am still saving money though because the same products would cost me a lot more if I wasn't buying them from EDS Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
It varies - one month it's big money for a prolight, the next it's vitamin C and cleansing cream, the next it's something else. I am trying to keep it way down now that I have my bases pretty well covered. In other words I'm trying to use up what I have before I do the next splurge...
Laughing
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
You will be happy to know that there are many in the same boat as you! Every month I promise that I will not spend more than $100.00 on skincare, shampoo, cosmetics etc. but I never meet that goal. Somehow I am always running out of something that I need immediately. Right now I am waiting for my credit card statement to close (I always pay my credit card in full at the end of the month)so I can purchase organic shampoo and Remergent DNA and fill my retin A perscription. For me the anti-aging products are the most expensive!
Sophias1920
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I was bad. I try to limit spending on makeup and skin care because I know I won't use everything if I splurge. However, I spend more on skin care than I do on makeup. You could say that I spend 100 to 120 dollars a month on skin care. And 60 dollars every 2 months or something on makeup. Very Happy
Lindapinda
5% products discount

Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
Hi, Vanilj.
Hehe, I think you are in good company on this forum. I am in Norway and have received some huge packages from EDS, as well. I don't even dare to think about the costs, but I find that it gets quite expensive in the end when all taxes and fees are paid. I reckon that I save approximately 20 per cent compared to Norwegian prices, but I guess the savings depend on which products you buy. Smile

Hi,

Do you ask EDS to mark your parcel as gift? And do they allow it? Because it gets pretty expensive with the Norwegian taxes as you mention..

I'm currently living in Australia and are stocking up on products before my return to Norway in December.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Lindapinda wrote:

Hi,

Do you ask EDS to mark your parcel as gift? And do they allow it? Because it gets pretty expensive with the Norwegian taxes as you mention..

I'm currently living in Australia and are stocking up on products before my return to Norway in December.

Hi, Linda.
No, unfortunately EDS won't mark the parcel as a gift as they are not allowed to do so.

I placed an EDS-order of just above 200CAD earlier this summer. As I had to pay 25 % taxes and a customs fee of 40CAD, it turned out pretty expensive even though I got free shipping from EDS.

5% products discount

Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
Lindapinda wrote:

Hi,

Hi, Linda.
No, unfortunately EDS won't mark the parcel as a gift as they are not allowed to do so.

I placed an EDS-order of just above 200CAD earlier this summer. As I had to pay 25 % taxes and a customs fee of 40CAD, it turned out pretty expensive even though I got free shipping from EDS.

Hmm.. That's too bad! But now I know so there's no nasty surprises when I order from Norway.

Thank you! Razz
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:41 am      Reply with quote
hi...I spend $100-150 each month on skincare, while for makeup, it is about $100
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
it looks like at 400 a month I am the biggest spender,and I was cutting back from 600.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Do not worry about the money you spent for buying at EDS Smile They provide good service and sell great products for your skin. I think, in a long run, your skin will thank you for taking care of it NOW, not later Smile Once the skin is damaged, it would cost you MORE to fix it with lots of very expensive creams and what-nots, and possibly plastic surgery.... if you can fix it..... ah well, the things we will do to keep our younger looking skin Smile

Vanilj wrote:
...on make-up and skincareproducts?

I just look at my last purchase from EDS, and it was and order for 300 CAD, and I buy for the same amount at least every three to four month from EDS. BUT, in Sweden i had to pay at least the double cost for the same products, so... I save money at the end.. Wink

Im I the "worst" spender..?
luckylady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:56 am      Reply with quote
roughly around $200 on first Obagi set.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
It's OK.. You are fine. I spent almost 1500 per year on skincare only... Luckily, I don't spend any money on makeup... I can't imagine what my budget will look like.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I'm guilty too!
Every month it ranges from $200-$400....
I need to get my budget in check.
I just spent $150 at BeutyMark and $70 at makeup forever the other day- just after I had vowed not to!
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
lets put it this way it all gets sent to my office boxes and bills

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
checking my order history, i have spent over $3000 at EDS in the past 4 years, which i'm sure it's nothing compared to some of you Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Oh boy, way too much! And since I found this forum, well I love it, Smile my skin loves it, Very Happy my bank account...not so much! Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I spent $200 for Obagi set and other stuff for $50....
Marcie
5% products discount

Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new here, but just ordered over 200. for Dr. H cosmetics. I can't find them in the stores where i live, so am pleased to be able to have them delivered at no cost. I hope that they get here ok.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Marcie wrote:
I'm new here, but just ordered over 200. for Dr. H cosmetics. I can't find them in the stores where i live, so am pleased to be able to have them delivered at no cost. I hope that they get here ok.

Welcome to the forum, Marcie, and enjoy your Dr Hauschka products. Smile

5% products discount

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Makeup AND skincare....maybe 50.00 a month.

I want to spend more on skincare and less on makeup though! I think I will be more beautiful this way. Razz
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |