Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
LIP PLUMPING PRODUCTS THAT WORK??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Sorry folks...I personally don't think any of these products work. Perhaps very temporarily your lips can look larger but that's it.

I suggest using a nice lip balm or cream, lining your lips...use a lighter color lipstick to make them look larger. Of course you can always have injections but $$$$$$

The best temporary lip enhancer is making out! Why not have some fun while trying to look beautiful/sexy? Laughing

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Mabsy

Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Have you guys tried the Sovage Lip Plumper? It's pricey Shock http://www.essentialdayspa.com/klein-becker.htm. I'm not sure how effective it is, but there has been one positive review of it here before (last year sometime).
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Have you guys tried the Sovage Lip Plumper? It's pricey http://www.essentialdayspa.com/klein-becker.htm. I'm not sure how effective it is, but there has been one positive review of it here before (last year sometime).
Actually, in all of my research, that has been the one product that has consistently scored negative reviews! But then again, not a lot of other lip plumpers are seeming to live up to their hype, either....

On Friday, I found a home-brewed lip plumper for sale on Ebay which sounded more fascinating/promising than most of the others I've read about and it was cheaper than most, and -- since I had a balance in my PayPal account -- I went ahead and ordered it. The chick selling it lives here in Austin, so I suspect it'll arrive today and I'll be slathering it on my mom this evening so I'll let you know if there's any results -- apparently you'll know right away if it's gonna work for you or not. Here's the link if you want to check it out for yourself: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11868&item=5529557010&rd=1. I think if this product doesn't do the trick, I'm going to give up unless Judy has good things to report about the accupuncurist....I guess I better resign myself to the thought of Mumsy using a couple thou of my inheritance to plump up her lips!!

On a related note: my 95-year-old grandmother (who wasn't wearing her glasses) peered myopically at my unpainted face (I tend to go "au naturel" on weekends unless I've got a hot date or a dirty weekend planned -- unforunately, those have been few and far between lately!!) and exclaimed in surprise, "Your fat lips have shrunk!!" Now, considering I only reached my 36th birthday last week, it may turn out that I'll be needing some of these lip plumpers for myself in the coming years. Now there's a depressing thought! I guess I better quit being so smug about my naturally full, kissable lips because they may not be mine to brag about for too much longer! Sad

Carrie
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Carrie,
That product looks very interesting, as interesting as any we've seen so far. I'm very anxious to hear how it works, and how long it lasts. Its so inexpensive too. I always figured those penis enhancement products were hype but who knows..maybe not. Let us know what you think and thanks for the link. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Anya and Nanapost -

Just wanted to let you know that that homemade lip plumper from Ebay is working! It arrived on Monday, so Mom has been using it for two days now and her lips were immediately fuller and redder upon application...it takes about a month of religious use to get "permanent" results (according the the info on that Ebay link I provided above), but it looks like a keeper! And at $13.95US ($10 for product plus S&H) you really can't go wrong....

Anya -

It doesn't look like they ship to Canada, but if you're interested in trying it yourself send me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

Just wanted to pass it along...I guess maybe those "penis creams" and "breast enhancement creams" you see advertised at the back of magazines in those small-print ads aren't such a joke afterall!!!

Carrie
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:32 am      Reply with quote
No kidding???? I'm going to order some today. How much color does it add? I was only going to put it on my skinny top lip but if I use lipstick or tinted gloss anyway, it shouldn't matter should it? I'm so excited! Dancing Dancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Nanapost -

It doesn't add any color at all. You apply it, then rub it/massage it into your lips until its no longer sticky (honey is the "base" or "carrier" ingredient), about 5 minutes or less. Then you can either just apply your regular lip gloss over it, or you can wipe off the excess honey with a damp cloth and apply your regular lip makeup (i.e.: lip liner, lipstick, etc). They just recommend that you reapply the Swellips every couple of hours for the first month, then once your lips have reached their "maximum fullness" you can cut back to applying the Swellips 2-3 times daily to maintain the results.

BTW, just for grins, I applied a little of the Swellips myself -- just to see what would happen. Holy Cow!! My mouth instantly swelled up like I'd had a heavy makeout session (I wish!!)...I might have to order another tube for myself -- just to counteract the "shrinkage" my granny pointed out the other day, you understand! Wink

And, as I said, at less than $14 bucks, it's not like you're investing your life savings -- it's only a little more than that drugstore "Dream Lips" stuff! Afterall, nothing ventured nothing gained!!

If you order it, keep us apprised of your results....FYI - the Swellips creator says if you send in "before" and "after" photos of your results with permission to use the photos in her advertising (you'd be anonymous!), she'll send you two free tubes of Swellips.

HTH,
Carrie
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:28 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
...It doesn't add any color at all.
Whoops!! I just re-read your question, I thought you were asking if it was a "tinted" product but you were really asking how much natural color it gave...it just reddens your lips so it looks like you've been kissing someone or like you've just vigorously rubbed your lips or wiped your mouth too hard (perhaps to wipe away the "cooties" following a kiss from someone you dislike?!). Does that answer your question? Sorry for the misunderstanding!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I noticed here on EDS under Klein Becker on the EDS site that there is "Sovage Lip Plumper".. which is $$$$ $112 ($108 on sale)

It looks like 2 tubes of product.. but there is nothing on the site about what they are for. What it does say is:
Quote:

Full, Sexy, Desirable Lips... Without Painful Injections or Surgery
Until now, the only way to get those pouty, "come-kiss-me" lips (unless you're one of the lucky few to be born with them) was to endure a long series of painful injections or undergo expensive and potentially dangerous surgery. Well, not any more. Sövage Dermalogic Laboratories, a division of Klein-Becker usa, has brought its exclusive, transdermal gel technology to the bio-cosmetic arena with Sövage Transdermal Lip Plumper – imagine young, sexy, desirable lips, without feeling the sting of a hypodermic needle or enduring the slice of a surgeon's scalpel.

Has anyone tried this?
Bonnie
5% products discount

Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
If you're going to spend $112 on a product, why not just get some injections or something? Confused

Also, just wanted to let you guys know that Sephora online is having a new sample promo for November-December:

Quote:

Receive the ultimate goody bag, free with any merchandise purchase of $40 or more.

Bag includes a 2 oz Philosophy Purity Made Simple, .14 oz Smashbox Layer Lash Primer, .17 oz English Ideas Perfect Primer, .25 oz Fresh Lemon Sugar Eau De Parfum Spray, .06 oz City Lips Lip Pluming Treatment, .13 oz Dolce & Gabbana By Dolce & Gabbana Man Eau de Toilette, .17 oz Dior Hydra Move, Murad Day Reform Treatment mini, .05 oz Sephora Renversant Mascara, and a .25 oz Benefit Maybe Baby Body Lotion.

Substitutions may occur.

The code is goldgirl4. I ordered (needed some shampoo anyway)...looks like I'll get to try CITYLIPS. But I wonder if it is the nighttime treatment or one of the daytime ones? We'll see. I should know in a few days.
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie,
I emailed the Swellips person on Ebay but haven't heard back from her. I noticed that she originally said she had 66 tubes. Maybe she sold them all. I hope she answers me and has more because I'm really excited to try it. Pray

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:03 am      Reply with quote
I found another posting on Ebay for the Swellips at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11868&item=5530638954&rd=1 Hurry, though -- apparently it's all over today...(I think she makes this stuff up fresh every couple weeks, so if you don't get in this time, check Ebay periodically to see if she's re-posted the item....
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Nanapost, I thought the same as you, but if you do a 'search' for Swellips on eBay, there's several more hits on it. I wrote to the seller to enquire if she shipped to Canada and got a reply immediately. Glad to say she does Very Happy My order's on its way Very Happy (She emailed me to tell me - I just hope its as good as her service).

Carrie: Update? Do you still like it, is it still working?

Anya
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:09 am      Reply with quote
any wrote:

if you do a 'search' for Swellips on eBay, there's several more hits on it

anya,
I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to find it on eBay. Would you please put the link in here? I must not have had enough coffee but it just won't work for me and I'm dying to order some. Thanks Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Never mind, anya, I got it when I searched just "lips" and I ordered one. Can't wait to try it. Thanks. Very Happy Very Happy

5% products discount

Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:28 am      Reply with quote
I couldn't resist. You all sounded so excited I went to ebay and order Swellips. Hope it is half as good as it sounds.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I started another thread but also thought I would add to this topic.

I bought Plump Your Pucker Shock

The gloss gave my lips an instant plumping, lips had a nice tingling feeling for quite some time, nice hydration, lines on lips not nearly as noticable. LIKE IT!!!!!

Plump comes in many pretty shades.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Winnie, where did you find it? Question Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Good Morning Nanapost,

I bought it in a nice skin care shop yesterday. But they also have it all over the net. Her is one link: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P48708

You can buy them individually. I note this link is showing them in sets.

Here is the link to individual colors:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P39001&shouldPaginate=true

vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Sephora also has a City Lips kit that has a few of the colors and also a clear for night time use
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P81604. I have been using the City Lips for 6wks now and can really see the difference, I love the stuff.
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
vegas gal wrote:

I have been using the City Lips for 6wks now and can really see the difference, I love the stuff.

I'm curious...how long did it take before you started seeing the effects? And are your lips actually plumper or just smoother and in better shape? Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
It took about 2 wks to really notice a difference. I have a pretty small mouth and average 45yr old lips. They got fuller and smoother, not "trout mouth" though. I haven't tried any of the other lip plumpers out there. I will have to try some others to see which one it the "best", but so far the city lips really work for me.
mds830
5% products discount

Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Last week I was in a department store and tried the 24/7 lip plumper. They also make a 24/7 freeze for wrinkles. The lip plumper made my lips sting for at least 4 hours. It also added color and fulness. It cost $40 and I didn't like that "sting" feeling much less paying $40 for it. Hope none of this stuff causes blisters. Rolling Eyes
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
I really don't need my lips "plumped" since I had Nufill injections a few years ago, but I really need something that will moisturize my lips. It seems lately that I just can't get anything that keeps them from feeling dry and somewhat rough. Any suggestions?

Also, on the lip plumping products, is there one that will just sort of smooth out the lines at the top of the lip, but not plump all the lip?

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Judy, have you tried carmex? Old product but it is amazing...really moisturising and it exfoliates gently. When the brats haven't made off with my pot, my lips are always super soft! Razz (why is there no kissey smiley?)

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |