Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

LIP PLUMPING PRODUCTS THAT WORK??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
havent used VS lip plumper before... but very tempted to try... as it seems to be cheaper than the Fusion XL...
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have very sensitive lips. All of the lip plumpers I tried before irritated my lips in some extent. Then one day I found Dermaglow Lip Plumper at a drugstore nearby and decided to give it a try. It worked sooo well. I've been using this for 2 years now and haven't had any irritation ever since. Highly recommend it
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Lordy, I have tried, LipFusion XL as well as the normal one (blah..didnt see much of a result)

Duwop Lip Venom (another blah, didnt see any result, felt the tingling though)

City Lips (like lipfusion)

The best product I have found BY FAR is Too Faced extreme lip plump (the one that looks like a needle) followed by too faced lip plumper, which does more than the other glosses. It actually does plump your lips, but be careful...this stuff is potent! If you get it on your skin, your skin gets red for a while.
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
florli wrote:
I have very sensitive lips. All of the lip plumpers I tried before irritated my lips in some extent. Then one day I found Dermaglow Lip Plumper at a drugstore nearby and decided to give it a try. It worked sooo well. I've been using this for 2 years now and haven't had any irritation ever since. Highly recommend it

I like this one too.
cindy67
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm a newbie here. Looks like there's plenty to read.
I myself have tested quite a few plumpers and I find the Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme to be the best and most lasting.

Just my two cents.

Cindy Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
No matter what you try/buy, just stay away from the Clinique plumping gloss! It's absolutely useless. You can get 100% better results with a cheap Sally Hansen version!
Wink
NJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Sally Hansen lip plump clear gloss- it works and looks great under lipstick or lipgloss and it's cheap product found in any drugstore.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
NJ wrote:
Sally Hansen lip plump clear gloss- it works and looks great under lipstick or lipgloss and it's cheap product found in any drugstore.

Yep it works for me too! I believe I paid $6 for it in Canada, and I paid $18 for the Clinique one which didn't even do anything for me!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Guys, I've been reading about Lips2Kiss. Can't decide whether or not to go for it. If I thought a temporary plumper would actually plump (all be it temporary) I'd probably just do that. I've tried Sally Hansen and had very little result, if any. I have Lip Pulse now but, rarely use it because the plumping effect isn't very noticeable and goes away fairly quickly. I'm not unrealistic but, I would like an obvious effect. I see some of you use Too Faced. Any reason you haven't gone for the Lips2Kiss?
Thanks so much. Mars
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Judy Marshall, re your earlier comment. I think Angelina's lips are real, but Lisa Rinnai's are definitely not! I have seen the before and after pics! Must be the b.... in me-just had to tell you Bad Grin
cindy67
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:21 am      Reply with quote
Juliemarie wrote:
Hey Judy Marshall, re your earlier comment. I think Angelina's lips are real, but Lisa Rinnai's are definitely not! I have seen the before and after pics! Must be the b.... in me-just had to tell you Bad Grin

That's true. I read an article about her (Angelina ) plus saw pictures of her before SO the one thing she's done as most Hollywood people have was a nose job. Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier
Not sticky or thick, great colors, smells divine, makes lips cool and kissable! Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:07 am      Reply with quote
If you want something that work, not right away but last long, go with the lips2kiss, i'm on my second month on it and very happy.
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I have tried several lip plumping products.The effect won't last long.But LipFusion is good.It can make my lips so juicy....... Wink
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:11 am      Reply with quote
The best thing for me is an exercise: press your lips together and bite down hard a couple times all along the lip line. It's free and it works. I do this many times a day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
interesting, fawnie! we need a before and after Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
It's just an instant reseult.
lillipat

Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Try Modele's Collagen Lip Treatment. I've tried them all but I won't ever use anything else!
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I'd be delighted if anyone found something better than citylips. I think it's wonderful. I like to have dainty lip phases and pouty lip phases, and citylips (plus exercise) really plumps my lips in about a week.

The problem is that it's so expensive to get to the UK, Sephora don't ship here at all and ebay vendors add a hefty mark-up because they know uk people can't get it easily Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Lou,
HQ Outlets are selling City Lips for £8.95.
HTH
lillipat

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I didn't see the before and after results that shows on the web for citylips. I'll stick with my Modele. Works better and isn't as expensive. This is fun. I've never participated in a forum before.
Abby30
5% products discount

Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
E! Sxy Pout plumper is suppose to be great!
Abby30
5% products discount

Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Celebrity Se*y Pout or City Lips?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I got the "Stung" in the mail. Found it had a lot of good reviews on makeupalley. I mean they really loved it. I was too curious and the price was only $10 plus shipping. This stuff stings like crazy but you get used to it. No wow factor here. They are somewhat plumper though.

I used City Lips years ago with good results and with the HA capsules my lips got even bigger! But at $29 a tube it was just too expensive. THen they got rid of the original formula and I just did not like the new one. Too goopy. I just stopped then. But I went to the web site and noticed the brought the old one back. And its in a little jar now. Equivelent to 2 tubes. Now I thought that ebay would have better prices but no. On ebay that same jar is $29 and the one tube is $24. But now at citycosmetics.com they have a limited offer of $12.50 for the jar!!! Free shipping too! This would last months! So I jumped on it.

http://www.citycosmetics.com/product_description/City+Lips/410

This is the only plumper that worked and did not sting. Felt great too.

Here is a thread with my pics from using city lips for a month or so and the Source Naturals Skin Eternal HA capsules from Whole Foods or online (Must be that HA caps b/c it has collagen in it) I SWEAR I did not have injections. I got good results with city lips alone but got WOW results when used with the caps.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33334&highlight=lip+plumpers

Can you see why I think City Lips is so great! Anyway now is the time to try it when you have bascially a 2 for 1 price for the original formula. I bet they lost a lot of customers by changing so they brought it back. It also feels more like a treatment in the little jar.

Anyway 2 caps at night and apply CL. After 30 days...WOW!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I was looking at the city lips page and they talk about the technology behind it.

CITY Lips instantly increases lip size with Hyaluronic Acid Plumping Spheres
HOW: Hyaluronic Plumping Spheres seek out water and swell like a sponge. Starting from the dehydrated state, the size of the HA spheres increase considerably as a result of HA that plays the role of a “molecular sponge” by binding a large number of water molecules to create mini-reservoirs

Now that explains a little why taking the HA caps works so well with CL. Already those caps for some reason draw fluid to your lips so the CL help even more!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |