Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help in finding the Obagi Maintenance thread!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Iam still on my maintenance (strayed a bit) and wanted to know what everyone was using

Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
red head, if you go to the EDS storefront, click on Obagi and then on Obagi on our Forum at the top, it will take you to the page where EDS has grouped all the Obagi threads together. Many of the titles have "maintenance" in them. HTHs. Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/search.php?mode=results%26search_keywords=Obagi%26search_fields=titleonly&search_terms=all%26show_results=topics
(you may have to cut&paste link to work)
Mely09
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I am on my 18th weeks of Obagi Nu-Derm and I like to know what everyone's AM and PM routine on their maintenance.

Thanks.
zoskinhealth
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Hooray! You've completed 18 weeks. The worst is behind you. Would you like to know Dr. Obagi's recommendation? I'll be seeing him later today. I know that even he looks forward to "maintenance", and there's a few Obagi products that he sticks with, but then switches to a much more cosmetically pleasing (no redness, irritation, peeling!) program.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:44 am      Reply with quote
zoskinhealth,

How long have this been on the market? Which particular product of the ZOSKINHEALTH can you coordinate with Obagi Nu-Derm so you won't have the redness,irritation and peeling.

What's really the difference between Obagi ZO and Obagi Nu-Derm? What are the ingredients on the ZO that makes it more cosmetic than the Nu-Derm? Which of the 2 products are stronger?

Thanks a lot.
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Mely09 wrote:
I am on my 18th weeks of Obagi Nu-Derm and I like to know what everyone's AM and PM routine on their maintenance.

Thanks.

hi mely09, congrats on completing ur 18 weeks on obagi. how are ur results? are u happy with the way ur skin looks? i'm on my 10th week and would like to know if you've gotten the results u wanted and expected. thanks alot.
zoskinhealth
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Mely

ZO Skin Health was introduced to selected Nordtrom stores in July. So far the results have exceeded expectations, so Nordstrom has already planned the roll-out to more stores later this year. They'll be available through Bliss and Fred Segal in about a month. The products have been sold through Dr. Obagi's practice in Beverly Hills since December 07.

Not being sure what products you're already on, I'm not so presumptuous to recommend other products. However, since ZO is sold through the retail channel, many physicians are not familiar with ZO products. So your doctor probably didn't mention it to you.

And I'm not a physician--but I do work closely with Dr. Obagi on a daily basis, and know that he understands the need for products that reduce the irritation and peeling associated with Obagi NuDerm, without reducing the result.

Let me recommend 4 of his personal favorites in the ZO Skin Health line:

Exfoliating Polish. This is probably everyone's favorite, for getting rid of the dull, dry, peeling skin. Use it in the shower. Your skin will feel amazing. I promise, you'll love it!

Ossential Growth Factor Serum. This will cool and calm the skin, all the while providing powerful anti-aging benefits. After you've completed the 18 weeks, it's a great transition product.

Ommerse Daily Renewal Creme and Overnight Recovery Creme. Great for reducing irritation, redness, rehydrating your skin.

After working with these products for several years, Dr. Obagi is confident of their ability to improve patient compliance and results. But if you want to buy only one thing, I'd recommend the exfoliating polish (it's also the cheapest!)

It's not so much what's IN ZO that makes it different from NuDerm, but what's NOT in it. There's no hydroquinone (bleaching agent), and no retinoic acid. Instead, ZO substitutes high concentrations of encapsulated retinol, peptides, anti-oxidants. It's much more cosmetically pleasing than NuDerm--a product that you'll enjoy applying and using every day.

As for "stronger", there's no comparison. NuDerm is prescription strength, so causes redness and irritation. ZO is inspired by Dr. Obagi's experience in the Rx domain, but is an over-the-counter product that works by awakening and stimulating the cells (which go dormant at age 30)--Ossential Growth Factor Serum is great, and especially Ossential Radical Night Repair are highly recommended. Hope that helps--sorry for such a long-winded reply.

Stay in touch!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Obagi for a few years now, I still use it in the morning, but at night, I alternate between the routine obagi system (1,2,3 & 5), MD Forte Hydra mask, skin ceuticals Emolience, dermalogica multivitamin concentrate and Obagi Action. I found this pretty good in maintaining my skin tone.
CherilynneRN

Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:19 am      Reply with quote
Mely09 wrote:

Thanks.

It is good to be able to talk to people that are on the Obagi Nu Derm program I am on week 12. I also have incorporated Elastiderm for my eyes. I peeled so bad the first 4 weeks I could not wear anything but a white blouse or shirt due to the intense flaking Laughing. I continue to have redness and occasional flaking (but nothing like before). I found that the Obagi sunscreen was not enough so I incorporated a SPF 50 (I still can't go out without a hat). When does the redness stop? I am menopausal and have intense hot flashes which don't help. I have to say a tremendous "Transformation" of my skin has taken place. The melasma on my neck is gone and my skin texture is more refined and very soft. I do breakout with pimples just like I did in high school but those are few and far between. All and All I love what I am seeing in the mirror... if the redness would go away!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
dm26,

Thanks for the congrats.

My spots and moles have lightened, skin tone a lot better and clearer and brighther, but I don't have that glowing skin.

Because the Obagi dries out my skin, I think I just need more hydration to improve it.
Mely09
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
CherilynneRN,

My redness subside when I was on my 13th week, not as red as before. Even until 18th weeks, I will be red from now and then, it's more pink than red, should I say. And one thing we have in common is I am menopausal and have hot flushes like you, I am 51. I still flake around the mouth areas.

Keep on and a few weeks from now, you will love your skin.
Mely09
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
sfong,

What Obagi Nu-Derm products do you still use in the morning and how often? As you are using the Clear 3 times every night, are you using it every morning too? Thanks.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Cherilynne, you can try to use the Exfoderm every other day or every few days. That usually helps decrease the redness a lot, and does not seem to affect the outcome.
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:01 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Cherilynne, you can try to use the Exfoderm every other day or every few days. That usually helps decrease the redness a lot, and does not seem to affect the outcome.

rileygirl,
do u think that the tretinoin contributes to the redness also? or do u feel that it's the exfoderm more than the retin-a that causes it??
i'm still red after 10 weeks.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi, dm. Just my opinion, but I honestly think it is the exfoderm. There were several of us ladies who went through the 18 weeks at the same time, and for us the redness was from the exfoderm. Once we decreased its usage, we were not red. That said, everyone is different and some of you may be red from the RA, depending on how sensitive your skin is to that.
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Hi, dm. Just my opinion, but I honestly think it is the exfoderm. There were several of us ladies who went through the 18 weeks at the same time, and for us the redness was from the exfoderm. Once we decreased its usage, we were not red. That said, everyone is different and some of you may be red from the RA, depending on how sensitive your skin is to that.

hmmmm, in that case, i think after completing my 12 weeks i might start using the exfoderm every other day. hopefully this will help with the redness.
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

rileygirl, did u decrease ur usage of the exfoderm during ur 18 weeks and did u still have good results at the end?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, dm26. I started using exfoderm every other day, probably starting around 12 weeks. I even cut it further to only about 2 times a week. I had great results with Obagi, despite cutting the usage down. I think it is really important for the 1st 12 weeks (phase 1 and 2) to use all products as recommended, but after that you can play a tiny little bit. You don't want to ease up on your clear, blender/RA even for the last 6 weeks. It was during my last 6 weeks that my freckles really started fading good and by the end of 18 weeks, I did not have 1 freckle on my face. Very Happy
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Yes, dm26. I started using exfoderm every other day, probably starting around 12 weeks. I even cut it further to only about 2 times a week. I had great results with Obagi, despite cutting the usage down. I think it is really important for the 1st 12 weeks (phase 1 and 2) to use all products as recommended, but after that you can play a tiny little bit. You don't want to ease up on your clear, blender/RA even for the last 6 weeks. It was during my last 6 weeks that my freckles really started fading good and by the end of 18 weeks, I did not have 1 freckle on my face. Very Happy

wow, thanks rileygirl. i may definitely be easing up on the exfoderm then. i'll see what happens. unfortunately i may have to ease up on the retin a also coz after my 12 weeks i will be doing a series of scar revision procedures. before and after these procedures i would have to stop the retin a for a few days. i hope this does not hamper with my results too much.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
dm26, you may have to stop the whole obagi regimen for that time period. I would definitely check with whoever is doing your scar revision and see what they recommend you use or don't use. It's ok if you have to stop for a few weeks. You won't lose all you gained in that short time.
Margar
5% products discount

Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Mely09 wrote:

Thanks.

There is one point that has never really been discussed on this forum that I can tell with regard to Obagi Maintenance. That is ... what one person needs to maintain the results they reached with the Obagi System will differ from person to person depending how bad their pigmentation was!

I still have to use Clear every morning and four days in the evening just to keep the pigmentation from returning!

The person reading this may not need to use Clear this much to maintain results. It just depends on the amount of pigmentation you had to begin with and your age!

See http://www.skincare-md.com/displaypages/Newsletters/nl_maintenance.cfm Read the notes by Dr. Pacik at the bottom of the page.

I have reduced Exfoderm down to three days of the week.

I am using Tretinoin Cream with a pea sized amount of Blender six evenings a week.

I am 57.

You are supposed to be on Maintenance for three months and then go back to the full Obagi system for 6 weeks and then go back to Maintenance. You keep alternating back and forth. This is my understanding of the program!

Remember...what works for one does not work for all on Obagi Maintenance!
Margar
5% products discount

Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:09 am      Reply with quote
This is why you really should be using the Obagi System under a doctor's supervision. That way the doctor can watch your skin and see what is going to work best for you under maintenance.

You may also want to see the pdf file, in particular pages 31-38 at this web site:

http://www.mdeportal.com/pdf/Products.ObagiDevelopment.pdf
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Those are great links - I bookmarked them.

I'd love to be under doctor care, but I simply can't afford it now. I'm doing tons of research so I can be well prepared before hand, though.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Margar, I agree everyone is different and will need a different program for maintenance. Most people can get by with Exfoderm 2-3 times a week, Clear 3 times a week, and the blender/RA will definitely vary the most. Some need 5 nights a week, others can use is only 2 nights a week. All depends on your skin.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Marger, thanks for your info. I have finished my 18 weeks of Nuderm system. Now I need a maintenance routin. That link helps me how to do it. Just in time!!!! Bad Grin Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |