Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Karin Herzog skincare vs 302
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I am really looking for a new skincare line and I am torn between KH and 302? After reading about both of them and reviews on here I just can not decide

Has anyone tried both?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I have used them both....here are my thoughts:

302: It is a high quality program that encompasses all the essentials (Vit A, Vit C, etc.), with a focus on maintaining healthy skin by maintaining the skin barrier, avoiding acids, and preventing inflammation (which contributes to skin aging). It's easy to use, and you don't need a bunch of different products.

The "absolutely NO acids" is a little overwhelming, but in reality you can use them IF you don't go overboard...I use Retin A 2x a week with no problems at all.

I really like the feel of the topicals, and they have definitely contributed to a much healthier, glowing, refined look to my skin. After trying a bunch of other stuff, I have settled on 302 as my regimen of choice. I would suggest looking at the Calmskin line (made by 302) before purchasing, as much of that will be cheaper, can be purchased directly, and will leave room for you to move up to stronger actives down the road if you need them.

KH: The key feature is the delivery of oxygen to the skin, as well as Vit A. I thought the delivery system of Vit A to the cells without the irritation caused by typical retinoid topicals was very compelling. However, the reaction of the HP converting to oxygen caused a significant amount of inflammation, and resulted in my skin turning VERY red. So red that I had to stop using it. Yet other people have had fabulous results. I think it is a line that either REALLY works for you, or not much at all.

I am using up my stash by treating random zits with it...it definitely kills the bacteria, but I have noticed that it also leaves the area much redder and a bit more inflammed than before treatment.

My advice is to not jump in and buy everything...buy VK1 and use that up before buying any other KH products to see if the line works for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I have tried both lines and have eventually gone back to my beloved Gernetic.

I do like KH and 302 and would not pick one over the other. Both are very good skin care lines. Although they have two different approaches to skin care the results I achieved were about the same. However, I have extremely sensitive/dry skin which was not entirely helped by either skin care line which is why I went back to the one which does drmatically help me with my particular skin care issues.

I understand your dilemma. Perhaps one skin care line has a philosophy that appeals to you more than the other?? Or, take Bethany's advice and try just one or two products from either line and see how your skin responds??
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
thanks! I do too have sensitive skin that turns red so easily.
Alicia
5% products discount

Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:24 am      Reply with quote
i've tried KH before, and it was a bit irritating to my skin

i'll also advise on trying one of the products first before buying the whole set
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Doesn't anyone have concerns that the oxygen-delivering products in the KH line might be pro-oxidant? Since it's using hydrogen peroxide as an ingredient which could generate free radicals? After all that's how BENZOYL PEROXIDE also works against acne, by generating free radicals to kill bacteria that cause acne. But it is generally not recommended to use benzoyl peroxide long term because the oxidation could damage the skin with repeated regular use. Actually the KH line is using a kinda "copy cat" of benzoyl peroxide in the oxygen face cream, etc and a "copy cat" of retinoids in the Vita-kombi line which contains retinol (precursor of tretinoin that's in retin-A). It's "repackaging" of these actives which are known to work against acne and of course we know that retinol is also helpful for anti-ageing. Is my reasoning flawed???

My take on the 302 line is that it is also "repackaging" some of the known actives in anti-ageing and collagen rebuilding, i.e. vitamin A (retinoids) and vitamin C. And using the principle that we can rotate their usage to reduce "receptor overload". Plus adding in the avocado extract as emollient to moisturize and nourish the skin and this of course might also contain some actives and antioxidants of its own.

These 2 lines are variations on a theme of anti-ageing actives. It's not surprising that leeleedeedee found that to have about the same effect.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:43 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
Doesn't anyone have concerns that the oxygen-delivering products in the KH line might be pro-oxidant? Since it's using hydrogen peroxide as an ingredient which could generate free radicals? After all that's how BENZOYL PEROXIDE also works against acne, by generating free radicals to kill bacteria that cause acne. But it is generally not recommended to use benzoyl peroxide long term because the oxidation could damage the skin with repeated regular use. Actually the KH line is using a kinda "copy cat" of benzoyl peroxide in the oxygen face cream, etc and a "copy cat" of retinoids in the Vita-kombi line which contains retinol (precursor of tretinoin that's in retin-A). It's "repackaging" of these actives which are known to work against acne and of course we know that retinol is also helpful for anti-ageing. Is my reasoning flawed???

My take on the 302 line is that it is also "repackaging" some of the known actives in anti-ageing and collagen rebuilding, i.e. vitamin A (retinoids) and vitamin C. And using the principle that we can rotate their usage to reduce "receptor overload". Plus adding in the avocado extract as emollient to moisturize and nourish the skin and this of course might also contain some actives and antioxidants of its own.

These 2 lines are variations on a theme of anti-ageing actives. It's not surprising that leeleedeedee found that to have about the same effect.

Yes, we have to keep in mind that these two skin care lines are not widely popular outside the EDS forum. Many people are reluctant to use Karin Herzog and other oxygen lines just because of the reasons you are listing.

As for the 302 Skincare, we know nothing about the patented star ingredient avocatin 302/avogen in this skin care line other than the manufacturer's claims of its efficiency. There are no published studies, either scientific or in-house, saying that this compound from the rainforest is able to combat signs of aging. 302 Skincare also contains derivatives of vitamin A and C that are proven less effective than the pure, original forms, retinoic acid (vit A) and l-ascorbic acid (vit C) that you can find in other topicals.

I believe it's wise to do a little research about ingredients in skin care products before jumping on a bandwagon just because of looong threads on this forum on certain lines.

That said, it seems like some people with oily skin and acne have had good results with Karin Herzog and 302 Skincare. These lines might be good if the battle against acne is more important than anti-aging benefits.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
For 302 skincare line, I think that would particularly benefit those with very sensitive skin who might not be able to tolerate the full strength topical vit. A and vit. C products.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
For 302 skincare line, I think that would particularly benefit those with very sensitive skin who might not be able to tolerate the full strength topical vit. A and vit. C products.

Agreed...302 is excellent at controlling irritation and inflammation.

Scar softening is also a benefit of the 302 avocatin products, based on feedback in the forum thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
That said, it seems like some people with oily skin and acne have had good results with Karin Herzog and 302 Skincare. These lines might be good if the battle against acne is more important than anti-aging benefits.

I totally agree. I think the people having benefits from both of the lines are the ones with acne/break-out problems or sensitive skin.

I have used both lines, as well. Admittedly only 1 month on the KH and a few months on the 302. While I loved the feel of the products, I noticed no improvement in my skin (it could be that I did not use either one for long enough).
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm. Have to disagree here. I've had six or seven pimples in my life and I've had great success with the Herzog lines. I've only tried the 302 Lightening and didn't care for it but want to try C product from them but will wait for the Calmskin site. I'm going on my seventh month of using KH and have no plans to change anytime soon. I've never been able to tolerate any Retin A or Retinol type products. The A in KH seems to work for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
canadagal wrote:
I am really looking for a new skincare line and I am torn between KH and 302? After reading about both of them and reviews on here I just can not decide

Has anyone tried both?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

I am very happy you started this thread. I am interested in both lines as well. I have ventured to try a couple from KH line but not 302 yet. I'm going to keep an eye on this thread.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Alicia wrote:
i've tried KH before, and it was a bit irritating to my skin

i'll also advise on trying one of the products first before buying the whole set

I agree with this advice, not only on KH products, but on any expensive skincare product line. You don't want to waste money on a whole set of products that you only have to find out later that they don't work for your skin or worse yet, if they irritate it.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Septembergirl wrote:

I totally agree. I think the people having benefits from both of the lines are the ones with acne/break-out problems or sensitive skin.

I have used both lines, as well. Admittedly only 1 month on the KH and a few months on the 302. While I loved the feel of the products, I noticed no improvement in my skin (it could be that I did not use either one for long enough).

Rileygirl, how long did you use these products?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Septembergirl wrote:

I used the KH for 1 month, and the 302 for about 3 months, Ruk.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
ruk1 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Septembergirl wrote:

I used the KH for 1 month, and the 302 for about 3 months, Ruk.

3 months seem long enough time to measure product results, but maybe 1 month is not long enough, but it's not too short either. I think for most products you can get a feel of how things may be heading in just one month. Some products deliver even sooner but cannot sustain results. I heard you have to change up products as your skin may get used to actives.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using 302Skincare Eye Firming Serum for four months without noticing any improvement in my under eye lines, if that is of any interest.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
3 months seem long enough time to measure product results, but maybe 1 month is not long enough, but it's not too short either. I think for most products you can get a feel of how things may be heading in just one month. Some products deliver even sooner but cannot sustain results. I heard you have to change up products as your skin may get used to actives.

I tend to agree, Ruk1. Though, I will say that Boski makes it known right up front that with the 302 one has to use this a long time; that it does not have immediate results. I personally felt that I should be seeing something by 3 months. As for the KH, this is a great line for a lot of people, just not me. The majority of people seemed to have immediate results within 1-2 weeks, and I had nothing. But, again 1 month is not long.

Sorry to hear about your experience with the 302 eye cream, Septembergirl.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I am glad this thread started as well. I am not using either line but want to hear everyones opinion.
dbeech
5% products discount

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I have not tried the Karin Herzog line because I was concerned that the products may be pro-oxidant.

I have been using the 302 line for about 1 month. I use the Normal/Dry Cleanser, the 302 Serum and Recovery Plus Moisturizer. I alternate nights with my taz cream. As a product junkie, I can honestly say that my skin has never felt so soft as it does the morning after I use the 302 products. So far, it is a keeper!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |