Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Should Chemical Sunscreen such as LRP, Avene, Vichy be....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
applied first before anything else such as eye cream, serum, or moisturizer? I heard that since chemical sunscreens absorb the UV rays, then it's better to apply it on bare skin. If not, the moisturizer that we applied beforehand might interfere with the absorption of the UV rays. Is this true? Pls help!
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
It should be applied beforehand I believe, so it can bind with the skin.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I`m also confused with that! Confused
if chemical sunscreens should be put on bare skin, then it excludes using any other stuff like vit.C, serums & moiturizers, as I cannot imagine putting anything on top of a sunscreen. Shock
soo - if that is the case, should we better stay with physical sunscreens????

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
I`m also confused with that! Confused
if chemical sunscreens should be put on bare skin, then it excludes using any other stuff like vit.C, serums & moiturizers, as I cannot imagine putting anything on top of a sunscreen. Shock
soo - if that is the case, should we better stay with physical sunscreens????

Aiva, I'm with u on that one! I recently purchased Vichy SPF 30 with Mexoryl XL. It's chemical. I applied it to bare skin and it's not too greasy. I actually find it a bit drying a few hrs later so I put moisturizer on top and I wonder if it's going to affect anything? I assume it's ok if I wait 15-20 mins after my ss application?? Confused
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Avene with tinosorb, and here is what my practice is: Vitamin C first, then about forty five minutes later, peptide serum, then moisturizer, then sunscreen. (And then whatever makeup that I plan to wear.) I've always heard that you should apply skincare from thin to thick, with Vitamin C always first and sunscreen last, then makeup. All I can say is that I am pretty pale but haven't gotten burned using that regimen.

Is there any study out there that contradicts that practice? I'd really like to know, since I wouldn't want expensive sunscreen to be wasted.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:29 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
I use the Avene with tinosorb, and here is what my practice is: Vitamin C first, then about forty five minutes later, peptide serum, then moisturizer, then sunscreen. (And then whatever makeup that I plan to wear.) I've always heard that you should apply skincare from thin to thick, with Vitamin C always first and sunscreen last, then makeup. All I can say is that I am pretty pale but haven't gotten burned using that regimen.

Is there any study out there that contradicts that practice? I'd really like to know, since I wouldn't want expensive sunscreen to be wasted.

wait 45mins?!? I don't think I have time in the morning... Confused I heard ppl say that too. serum first, moisturizer, ss, and then makeup but just wanna make sure first.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:01 am      Reply with quote
You don't have to wait 45 minutes. I do only because I put it on first thing on waking (it's on my bedside table) and then fix breakfast, tidy up after breakfast, make the bed, etc. I think it is recommended for best results to give it 10 to 15 minutes before adding other products, though.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:

I apply my vitamin c products first, than sunscreen. I don't wait 45 minutes, but I do make sure that my other face products are absorbed.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:

I thought that vitamin C and copper peptides shouldn't be used together? They are supposed to cancel each other's effect out. Usually people are recommended to use the vit. C in the morning and copper peptide in the evening.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:05 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
flitcraft wrote:

I thought that vitamin C and copper peptides shouldn't be used together? They are supposed to cancel each other's effect out. Usually people are recommended to use the vit. C in the morning and copper peptide in the evening.

you are right.
But I assume Flicraft meant another peptide, non-copper? there are other peptides than copper ones Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Yes, more like a Matrixyl type multi-peptide serum. Never used copper peptides, but according to those that do, they are incompatible with Vitamin C.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |