Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

what's the best skin (carrier) oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
One of my new carrier oils is causing me to break out. Shock

I doubt that it is the tamanu because I have been using for a while now with no issues, and I have never had an issue with emu. The good news is that they are very tiny inflammed pores on my nose...not those deep mega zits that I have had in the past.

So...it has to be one of the following:
- Camellia
- Castor
- Argan

Now I'll have to use them one at a time until I eliminate the bugger! Rolling Eyes

But on a positive note, my nails look AWESOME! Very Happy While emu was always very nice, it did not help my nails grow this long. One of these oils has definitely contributed to a higher level of moisturization and flexibility because they would have normally broken LONG before now!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
That's too bad about the breakouts Bethany. I don't know how you can use the argan oil. I thought it stunk horribly! Laughing

Question for all, besides Emu, where are other oils that help "push" products deeper into the skin?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Question for all, besides Emu, where are other oils that help "push" products deeper into the skin?

It looks like avocado does, but I wasn't really thrilled with it myself.

Quote:
Avocados yield a rich and extremely deep penetrating oil that penetrates the skin deeper than any other plant oil, increasing the ability to transport active substances through the outer epidermis of the skin and into the dermis for increased effectiveness, together with its wonderful natural emollient properties it is ideal for dry or mature skins.

Avocado oil is rich in Vitamin A, D & E, the youth mineral - 'potassium' and also high in 'sterolins', which are reputed to reduce age spots. Vitamin E is known to be a powerful antioxidant 'mopping up' free radicals and helping to decelerate the signs of ageing.

Renowned for its natural healing, anti-bacterial and anti-wrinkle properties, avocado oil also stimulates the collagen metabolism, increasing the proportion of soluble collagen in the dermis, retarding the visible signs of ageing. Avocado oil is an excellent base for ointments used for treating lacerations, dermatitis, acne, psoriasis, eczema and similar skin conditions. Natural skin care products use the natural ability of avocado oil to regenerate connective tissue and to inhibit bacterial growth, which makes it useful when treating sun or climate damaged skin that is dehydrated and undernourished.

http://www.naturallyavocado.com/

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if avocado oil can clog pores?
lovemore
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Ok so I'm positive I can use rosehip oil anywhere on my face but the "T-Zone", same with Emu Oil. They do fine on my cheeks and chin but around my nose and forehead I start breaking out like crazy. Also.. None of these oils seemed to make a big difference in skin appearance.

Maybe it's the quality of the oil?

Has anyone ever tried to mix carrier oils w/ essential oils to save time? I tried every oil on my face to make sure my skin could handle it, then I would mix all of the oils together and make enough for a while and I'd apply it all at once daily... it saved me a lot of time!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Annie B wrote:

I suppose anything is possible, but if all is right with the skin, and you only use a light coating, it should absorb in fully within about 10 minutes..

There are lots of things that contribute to clogged pores in general, but on it's own, I don't believe Avocado oil is one of them.
Annie B
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Annie B wrote:

I suppose anything is possible, but if all is right with the skin, and you only use a light coating, it should absorb in fully within about 10 minutes..

There are lots of things that contribute to clogged pores in general, but on it's own, I don't believe Avocado oil is one of them.

Thanks for the info! Several of you speak so highly of it, I've been thinking of trying it next.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
One of my new carrier oils is causing me to break out. Shock

I doubt that it is the tamanu because I have been using for a while now with no issues, and I have never had an issue with emu. The good news is that they are very tiny inflammed pores on my nose...not those deep mega zits that I have had in the past.

So...it has to be one of the following:
- Camellia
- Castor
- Argan

Now I'll have to use them one at a time until I eliminate the bugger! Rolling Eyes

Crap...I just realized that I was using Avocado too, so add that to the list. And NO, I was NOT using them all at once! Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |