Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



pH Advantage Basics, One-Step Cleanser Fragrance-Free (236 ml / 8 floz) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Hello Kitty Rose Repair Gel Mask (150 ml)
DIY L2K
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Apr 2004
Posts: 363
Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me what is in the L2K pack?
Can you make this your self?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 1366
Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:15 am      Reply with quote
The system consists of four different products, if I remember correctly. I think it would be very difficult to copy...

_________________
Female, 40, Norway. Normal/dry skin, starting to see signs of aging. Staples: Glycolic acid cleanser, SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF, Revaleskin, NIA24.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Posts: 261
Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Kandis has posted the ingredients on her site. By the time you bought all the ingredients you probably could have bought it from her for less. Plus, she gives each client individual attention, with tips and support, daily if you like.

_________________
I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Sherry,

I just ordered some Hilurlip from lotioncrafter.com that I plan on adding to my emu oil/shea butter lip stuff (if I ever get around to making it!). It was $6.95 for .21oz

I have no idea how that compares to the L2K ingredients, but it sure sounds easier! I am hoping it has similar results to the Fusion Beauty Lip XL which works, but is very pricey at $50 a tube.

Hilurlip™ redefines, plumps and minimizes fine vertical lines of the lips. Small particles of Sodium Hyaluronate are processed to enhance penetration and efficacy, producing a long-term volume boosting effect on the lips and an anti-aging action on the thin tissue. It also acts against the effects of outside pollution.

Due to the absence of a keratinized stratum corneum, moisture rapidly evaporates from the lips, causing them to dry out very easily. In addition, unprotected lips are especially dehydrated because of the sun, and they are continually exposed to environmental aggressions (e.g. cigarette smoke). All these factors result in lips requiring more moisturization, protection and care than the rest of one's skin.

Hilurlip™ is a new way of vehiculization of Hyaluronic acid, especially for lip boosting products. It is an oil suspension containing particles of Sodium Hyaluronate, submitted to a technological process after which the particle size is reduced and homogenised up to 1μm, to enhance penetration and efficacy. The small particles of Hyaluronan contained in Hilurlip™ swell when they are in contact with skin water, producing a long-term boosting effect on the lips.

Hilurlip™ also contains the tripeptide GHK, a well-known RCS scavenger, which protects the lips against the harmful effects of sun exposure. GHK is able to inhibit glycation therefore preventing the loss of collagen elasticity, and to protect skin cells from photodamage.

Properties and Applications

- Increases lip volume, producing a long-term plumping effect on the lips.
- Enhances moisturisation of lip skin.
- Protects lips’ skin from environmental aggressions like sun exposure and cigarette smoke, preventing premature aging of the lips.
- The oily basis of Hilurlip™ helps to lubricate the lips.
- Hilurlip™ can be incorporated into water-free lip care formulations, including glosses and balms (not recommended for lipsticks). Simply add it to your favorite lip balm formulation!

Recommended Usage Rate: 1-3%



http://www.lotioncrafter.com/store/Hilurlip-pr-16569.html

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
SAMMI-E
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Posts: 2
Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I say just buy the package the first time anyway! sorry im not much help!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5981
Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany - Did you have the ingredients to make the shea butter lip product? I've never made any of my own products but I'd love to try this stuff and see how it works. I checked the site out. I'd like to make some l-ascorbic acid seruum - daily for freshness.

Probably with teh hilurlip I will just add to my Julie Hewett lip balm. And get to it! Bet your emu/shea concoction will be great with it.

Sis


bethany wrote:
Sherry,

I just ordered some Hilurlip from lotioncrafter.com that I plan on adding to my emu oil/shea butter lip stuff (if I ever get around to making it!). It was $6.95 for .21oz

I have no idea how that compares to the L2K ingredients, but it sure sounds easier! I am hoping it has similar results to the Fusion Beauty Lip XL which works, but is very pricey at $50 a tube.

Hilurlip™ redefines, plumps and minimizes fine vertical lines of the lips. Small particles of Sodium Hyaluronate are processed to enhance penetration and efficacy, producing a long-term volume boosting effect on the lips and an anti-aging action on the thin tissue. It also acts against the effects of outside pollution.

Due to the absence of a keratinized stratum corneum, moisture rapidly evaporates from the lips, causing them to dry out very easily. In addition, unprotected lips are especially dehydrated because of the sun, and they are continually exposed to environmental aggressions (e.g. cigarette smoke). All these factors result in lips requiring more moisturization, protection and care than the rest of one's skin.

Hilurlip™ is a new way of vehiculization of Hyaluronic acid, especially for lip boosting products. It is an oil suspension containing particles of Sodium Hyaluronate, submitted to a technological process after which the particle size is reduced and homogenised up to 1μm, to enhance penetration and efficacy. The small particles of Hyaluronan contained in Hilurlip™ swell when they are in contact with skin water, producing a long-term boosting effect on the lips.

Hilurlip™ also contains the tripeptide GHK, a well-known RCS scavenger, which protects the lips against the harmful effects of sun exposure. GHK is able to inhibit glycation therefore preventing the loss of collagen elasticity, and to protect skin cells from photodamage.

Properties and Applications

- Increases lip volume, producing a long-term plumping effect on the lips.
- Enhances moisturisation of lip skin.
- Protects lips’ skin from environmental aggressions like sun exposure and cigarette smoke, preventing premature aging of the lips.
- The oily basis of Hilurlip™ helps to lubricate the lips.
- Hilurlip™ can be incorporated into water-free lip care formulations, including glosses and balms (not recommended for lipsticks). Simply add it to your favorite lip balm formulation!

Recommended Usage Rate: 1-3%



http://www.lotioncrafter.com/store/Hilurlip-pr-16569.html
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Bethany - Did you have the ingredients to make the shea butter lip product? I've never made any of my own products but I'd love to try this stuff and see how it works. I checked the site out. I'd like to make some l-ascorbic acid seruum - daily for freshness.

Probably with teh hilurlip I will just add to my Julie Hewett lip balm. And get to it! Bet your emu/shea concoction will be great with it.

Sis



LOL...now that I just changed jobs, I may never get around to making it, sigh.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Fox
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 225
Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Can anyone tell me what is in the L2K pack?
Can you make this your self?



I was wondering about this too. I'm sure you could make something similar, if not 100% identical to the L2K creams and masks.

Kandis certainly seems to have set the bar high though, I'll give her that! I'm training as a herbalist and would love to see if I could knock up anything like the raves she's inspired over in the Lips2Kiss thread.
Fox
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 225
Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I found the L2K ingredients list! It's not actually a comprehensive list (which peptides? What lipo-filler? Which plant complexes?) but at least it gives you some idea, I guess.

Tangal wrote:
well sort of, but not really..... She directed me to this info. (this is all from the public info on her site, so I assume is okay to repost)

http://www.lips2kiss.com/L2K/lips2kiss/intensive_02.htm

Which gave some insite - but honestly, for me the actual ingrediant info will help me better in this aspect.

I will repost it here, as it may help others.(I will edit out some of the info for clarity)

Lip Cream

Deionized Water
Hyaluronic Acid.
Peptides,
Vitamins,
a Lipo-filler,
Natural Extracts...
Vitamin B5, for cell growth renewal
Vitamin E / Tocopheryl Acetate, for its healing, anti-oxidant and protecting abilities.
Vitamin C / Ascorbic Acid, to protect the lips’ capillaries and help build collagen.
Sodium PCA, naturally occurring in human skin for increased skin elasticity and softness.
Citric Acid, derived from citrus fruit, helping to maintain a proper ph balance.
Squalene, Plant source found in olives, has been known to be the closest comparable ingredient to human sebum, providing softness while replacing necessary oils.
Emollients, serving as anti-inflammatory agents


Liquid Gold

Botanical Lipid Complexes,
Oil Soluble Vitamin E
Oil Soluble Vitamin C
plant complexes - Anti-Wrinkle and Anti-Irritation.
lipid complexes similar to the lipids in our own skin

And she noted the cream had a "lipo filler" She also told me a bit more general info on ingrediants, that I can't find now. But it did not provide me with enough clarity I guess, since I have since forgotten it. LOL
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) glotherapeutics Gentle Enzyme Exfoliant (73 ml / 2.5 floz) Thalgo Marine Shower Gel (250 ml / 8.45 floz)