Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

All these LED devices *Sigh*
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lovemore
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hey!

I'm a new member but I've been reading the forums for years...

and throughout the years I've purchased:

*Quasar SP (haven't used it much)
*Oxylight (it's a fun device)
*Facemate (all it does is massage your skin?!)
*Flexeffect (Great facial exercises)
*Carolyn's facial fitness (good for facial
muscle toning)
*Clarisonic(havent used it long enough to love)
*Photon beauty (which I am looking to sell
because it says it will lighten your skin and
I love my tan.. didn't read the description
before i ordered.. it's supposed to be one of
the best photo devices as it does everything)
*DPL (selling as well, it's too big.. Tried it once)

Now with all these devices I hate to say that after reading the forums I'm tempted to buy some more although I am soo broke! I might just have to sell some of these and see if there are any others worth buying, I know there is

* Lightstim LED device
* Prolight Platinum and RED

Are there any devices that are good or that just came out that is not listed here?

And honestly out of all the LED devices out there what are the top 3 that I could use and be perfectly fine with, without having to use 10 different ones that might be doing the same thing?

Have I become a product addict? I hope not, it's starting to seem like it though as I've become a member!! AAH, I gave in.. oh well, i love you guys already Wink
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I think you should get busy with the Quasar SP, and commit to it for 3 months or so, before getting another.

There isn't any magic device out there that will transform you on it's own. The devices you mention having, are all good ones, which address a multitude of issues.. But you have to actually use them! It's also important to have a good regime for your particular skin concerns.

If I were you, I would find out how to use each one of the devices you already have to the best of it's ability, and then commit to it for a few months, before adding anything else..

In my experience LED treatments are fantastic, but the results are most definitely cumulative, and get better with time.. (Enjoy the quick little changes that happen almost immediately, and then just see what happens by the 3rd month and beyond... Very Happy )
lovemore
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
U are right! I am definitely going to start using the quasar for sure as well as some others and commit to it 100%

I just wanted to sort out which device is better than others so I won't be wasting my time on something when there is something better out there.. I think I can safely say that DPL can go because Quasar does what DPL can do.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
lovemore wrote:
I just wanted to sort out which device is better than others

I don't think you'll ever get it narrowed down to *one best LED*.... Their are too many variables. You also have to know exactly what skin concerns you want to address, and then you can at least narrow it down to the wavelengths needed to get the job done.

In my opinion a 'quality' LED device, is only as good as the person holding on to it, and the committment they put into their treatments.

For me, my search ended with the first device I bought which was LightStim because it worked great for me from day one... But I never tried any other brand, so I might have had great results with those as well.. The reason I started with LightStim, was because it had a 90 day money back guarantee, no questions asked, and it had good reviews here, from people I respected. I was comfortable knowing that it would either work or not, before the 90 days were up, and then I would try another brand..

For me, it worked, even beyond my expectations. I'm into the 10th month of use now, and love, love, love both of my LightStim's.

Hope that helps!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that's quite a list.

What is the difference between flex effect and Carolyn's???? I thought they were for the same outcome??? No.

I have flex effect and am amazed at how well it is working.

I agree with Kassy - just go to town with that Quasar you have. I have a red prolight and just started using it three times... I expect some good results.

If you're going to spend I'd say look at derma-rolling. That seems to be highly regarded by professionals and good results among us "not so professional but care about our skin"...

Sis
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Oh and the Clarisonic is a marvelous tool - one of my "must haves". I don't use it everyday but at least 3 or so times a week for thorough pore cleaning and exfoliation (along with a zillion other exfoliating methods) Laughing
kj68
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sister sweets

I just purchased and started doing Flex Effect about 3 weeks ago. I love the lifting I am already seeing. I also recently purchased the Carole Maggio Facercize. By far I love the Flex Effect program, but there are a few exercises that really mess with my TMJ and Caroles book wasn't too expensive. I love the
excercises in her book also. She works the face a little differently.

I don't know if this is the same woman, but when you need to work on some areas a little more or differently I find it handy to have access to a few different exercises.

Kitty
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

What is the difference between flex effect and Carolyn's???? I thought they were for the same outcome??? No.

Sis

I have both facial programs and flexeffect gives way more results.
Toby
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Sis

I have both facial programs and flexeffect gives way more results.
Toby

I agree. I also have both programs, and FlexEffect is a winner for me.
lovemore
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
carolyn's exercises are more isometric, flexeffect builds more

So you guys are saying that the devices i already have are good enough and that I shouldn't be getting either lighstim or prolight?

Sister sweets, I am giong to look into derma roller as i've heard good things of it, i hate that you have to keep buying new ones though, adn they're so expensive!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Love, there is actually more to rolling than just the rollers. Sad

In order to have optimal collagen regeneration, you also need to commit to using quality Vit A and Vit C products.

If you are only doing periodic rolls for collagen generation, you should not need to replace your roller more than once a year.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Love,

I just read on another thread that you are 20...I would NOT recommend any needles longer than .25mm for you (and preferably just the .15mm).

In fact, I would honestly recommend that you concentrate on diet, hydration, and Vit C and put off rolling for at least another 10 years!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
bethany! u just saved me hundreds.. thanks!

Who knows, with good diet and all that good stuff i might never need to use needles!
lovemore
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
bethany! u just saved me hundreds.. thanks!

Who knows, with good diet and all that good stuff i might never need to use needles!
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:17 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Love,

I just read on another thread that you are 20...I would NOT recommend any needles longer than .25mm for you (and preferably just the .15mm).

In fact, I would honestly recommend that you concentrate on diet, hydration, and Vit C and put off rolling for at least another 10 years!

20??????????? Shock Shock Shock
Love, why have you bought this impressive list of devices and 60+ products BEING 20??????????

like bethany said, just concentrate on a good diet, enough water, vit.C, moisturizer and SUNSCREEN!

or if you have some specific skin issues - i.d. breakouts, acne scars etc. - on them...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:10 am      Reply with quote
60+ products sounds like a big deal but it's really not, sorry, i counted everything I had, hence the big number,

let's see:

Any hair/wash products: 8
Body lotions: 7
Carrier + essential oils: 10
Anti-aging + hyperpigmentation products: 3
Cleansers + masks: 10
sunscreens/oils: 3
Eyelash products: 4
Other useless things: 10+ things

I bought all these things + all these devices last year, I think it was a phase i was going through, a quest for perfection and of course * spam alert *.. of course that's not how it is anymore, if anything I'm trying ot keep it as simple as possible and narrow it down to just '16' products inclusive of bath, hair, masks, body, cleansers and face stuff which is pretty damn good for me! Wink

As far as devices go... I decided I wanted to just stick to 2-3 max, two of them being quasar SP, Oxylight (selling the rest) and I was looking for a 3rd device.. but the more I think about it and after hearing your input on all these devices it makes me realize i might not even need a 3rd one..

I do wonder what device would be best for firming skin as my facial skin seems kind of saggy/droopy/loose?

by the way, I'm not 20, I'm in my 'early' twenties Wink
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:51 am      Reply with quote
It is quite impressive, that at your age, you are so conscious of your appearance. It is good that you start the earliest possible time to take care of your skin no matter what it cost. However, I think, you bought too much of the stuff? Smile Smile Smile

But could you please let us know the result of the devices that you have? We would like to know Smile Smile Smile Smile

Thanks for posting Smile Smile Smile

lovemore wrote:
60+ products sounds like a big deal but it's really not, sorry, i counted everything I had, hence the big number,

let's see:

Any hair/wash products: 8
Body lotions: 7
Carrier + essential oils: 10
Anti-aging + hyperpigmentation products: 3
Cleansers + masks: 10
sunscreens/oils: 3
Eyelash products: 4
Other useless things: 10+ things

I bought all these things + all these devices last year, I think it was a phase i was going through, a quest for perfection and of course * spam alert *.. of course that's not how it is anymore, if anything I'm trying ot keep it as simple as possible and narrow it down to just '16' products inclusive of bath, hair, masks, body, cleansers and face stuff which is pretty damn good for me! Wink

As far as devices go... I decided I wanted to just stick to 2-3 max, two of them being quasar SP, Oxylight (selling the rest) and I was looking for a 3rd device.. but the more I think about it and after hearing your input on all these devices it makes me realize i might not even need a 3rd one..

I do wonder what device would be best for firming skin as my facial skin seems kind of saggy/droopy/loose?

by the way, I'm not 20, I'm in my 'early' twenties Wink
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
kj68 wrote:
Sister sweets

I just purchased and started doing Flex Effect about 3 weeks ago. I love the lifting I am already seeing. I also recently purchased the Carole Maggio Facercize. By far I love the Flex Effect program, but there are a few exercises that really mess with my TMJ and Caroles book wasn't too expensive. I love the
excercises in her book also. She works the face a little differently.

I don't know if this is the same woman, but when you need to work on some areas a little more or differently I find it handy to have access to a few different exercises.

Kitty

thanks Kitty. I agree with you about the exercises around the TMJ as far as the flex effect goes. I avoid them. I may have to get the Carol Maggio book. Appreciate the advice.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
When I first started with flexeffect there were two exercises that bothered my TMJ. The trainers advised me not to do those particular exercises. Several months into the program as all of my face muscles became stronger I was able to incorporated them without any problem.
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby,

Your encouragement gives me hope. Angel

Have you noticed if this has helped the TMJ? When I wake in the morning, I feel like my uppers and lowers have been at war all night.
Confused
Kitty
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I really had some problems at first and after I stopped the two exercises it took several weeks for it to calm down. I really didn't think I would ever be able to do two of the exercises but eventually I could. Now there is not even a hint of the problem. If I hadn't been getting help from the trainers I would have probably gotten afraid and stopped the program. They encouraged me to stop the exercises for that area and move on with the others. Even if you can't ever do those particular exercises you will have success with the program.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks toby - I really appreciate hearing that.

Sis
lovemore
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:51 am      Reply with quote
my cheeks grew big due to this thing i always did to my face... big in a good way though, like the cheek area right under the eye near the nose seems more lifted and plump.

By the way, let;s say quasar SP reverses aging somewhat... shouldnt it prevent aging if i use it at an early age?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |