Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How good are MD FORTE products??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi, can anyone tell me how good is the Md Forte line of products. i'm currently using obagi but when i go into maintenance i was thinking about using Md Forte moisturizer and sunblock on the days i wont be using obagi. are these products good??
p.s i have oily skin.
thanks for any advice.
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
anyone??
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, dm26! I think MD Forte products are really good. It is funny because I was just thinking of them again. The only time in my 20+ years of marriage to my husband that he complimented me on my skin is when I was using MD Forte! I don't have oily skin, so I can't help you there other than to say that the lotions would probably be better than the creams for you. Have you done any research on the new Obagi products (ZO Skin Health). I am not sure if you are happy with the Obagi results, but if you like the obagi, you may want to check into the skin health products. Warning though, they are pricey! HTH!
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
i use the hand and body lotion its amazing my skin is smooth and even toned

i also use there glycolic peel as well which is great so thumbs up Very Happy
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Hi, dm26! I think MD Forte products are really good. It is funny because I was just thinking of them again. The only time in my 20+ years of marriage to my husband that he complimented me on my skin is when I was using MD Forte! I don't have oily skin, so I can't help you there other than to say that the lotions would probably be better than the creams for you. Have you done any research on the new Obagi products (ZO Skin Health). I am not sure if you are happy with the Obagi results, but if you like the obagi, you may want to check into the skin health products. Warning though, they are pricey! HTH!

hi rileygirl, no i'm not familiar with the new obagi products. i'm using nu derm right now. i'm on my 9th week. i'm sort of happy with the results so far except that the redness doesn't seem to go away. and what are the obagi skin health products?? thanks.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have only used one MD Forte product. I used the eye treatment with aha. Keep in mind this is a treatment and to use just a little under the eye area. I started out with once weekly and then built up. It does not add moisture. I apply a moisturing eye cream after this (wait 30 minutes). Do not use on lids.

Overall this has good raves on makeupalley.com. People have reported that it even works on (mild) milia. I noticed after a month or so, that my fine line were less noticeable.

I am currently using Neostrata eye cream with aha. It is milder and can be used every day. I would buy the MD Forte again once I have used up some of my eye creams.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to add that the skincare board on MUA has a lot of regulars that use MD Forte.

Also check productville.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
dm26, do a board search for ZO Skin Health. There is a little information on it. I don't know too much about it, but I figure if it is from Obagi, it should be good. You can google the ZO Skin Health, as well to get to their official site. Don't be discouraged. You are still way early in the program with Obagi. You will be red. If it gets too much, since you are finished with the first 6 weeks, you can try to use the Exfoderm every other day. Once you hit 12 weeks, you can use the Exfoderm just a few times a week. That should help your redness.

Again, MD Forte is a really good brand. Try to get samples of things before you buy full size products. It will at least give you an idea if you have a reaction to the products or not.
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
dm26, do a board search for ZO Skin Health. There is a little information on it. I don't know too much about it, but I figure if it is from Obagi, it should be good. You can google the ZO Skin Health, as well to get to their official site. Don't be discouraged. You are still way early in the program with Obagi. You will be red. If it gets too much, since you are finished with the first 6 weeks, you can try to use the Exfoderm every other day. Once you hit 12 weeks, you can use the Exfoderm just a few times a week. That should help your redness.

Again, MD Forte is a really good brand. Try to get samples of things before you buy full size products. It will at least give you an idea if you have a reaction to the products or not.

thanks rileygirl. i visited the Zo website and their products seem to be really good. i will definitely be looking into these products some more. i see they have a tinted sunblock. what is a tinted sunblock and how is it different from regular sunblock??
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
tinted is like colored. You know, not white!
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
tinted is like colored. You know, not white!

so does it make ur face appear darker or gives it a color or something? i would hate that.
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
or and rileygirl do u think MD Forte products are better than obagi? did u have better results using them than with obagi?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I thought I had the best results with Obagi. My husband did not like that my freckles were gone! As I said in my first post, the only time he ever told me my skin looked good was when I was using MD Forte! It is really a trial and error, sad to say, and everyone responds differently. Samples are key to at least check if you like the texture of the products, or if it makes you break out, have a reaction, etc.

And, yes, the tinted sunscreen would give you a little color depending on how dark and/or light it is tinted. Usually the tinted sunscreens are like the tinted moisturizers, just a light color to "even your skin tone out".
Nena

Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
MD Forte was a strong brand 10 years ago, when AHAs were new on the market. I don't have a lot of experience with ZO, but it was recommended to me at Nordstrom, and I have to say that although I only have a week's experience, I love it! I am currently using the Oclipse tinted sunscreen which is perfect minimal coverage when I don't feel like wearing makeup. I have also heard amazing things about the exfoliating polish, which I am going to try next. I have a lot of friends who have had wonderful results from the Obagi products as well.
mrspiggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I started non-drugstore/non-over-counter skincare with MD Forte, I like them alot and I alternate it with Mama Lotion. Infact, I was doing some research and plan on getting MD Forte Lotion II next. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Nena wrote:
MD Forte was a strong brand 10 years ago, when AHAs were new on the market. I don't have a lot of experience with ZO, but it was recommended to me at Nordstrom, and I have to say that although I only have a week's experience, I love it! I am currently using the Oclipse tinted sunscreen which is perfect minimal coverage when I don't feel like wearing makeup. I have also heard amazing things about the exfoliating polish, which I am going to try next. I have a lot of friends who have had wonderful results from the Obagi products as well.

hi nena, i'm thinking about using the obagi zo sunscreen but i hav oily skin. can u tell me if it's a good idea to use this sunscreen? would it leave my face looking oily and greasy?
thanks
Nena

Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi dm26:

My skin is oily as well. The great thing about the ZO tinted sunscreen is that it is very light and does not even feel like sunscreen. It goes on very matte, probably because it's a primer, but it's nice for those of us with oily skin!
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Nena wrote:
Hi dm26:

My skin is oily as well. The great thing about the ZO tinted sunscreen is that it is very light and does not even feel like sunscreen. It goes on very matte, probably because it's a primer, but it's nice for those of us with oily skin!

thanks nena, so it definitely won't make me any oilier?? rite?
Nena

Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Nope. I have it on right now. I don't feel oily, but my skin feels very soft and silky. The ZO website says it contains silicone, which is probably why you don't get the oily feel....
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |