Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

skin is in realllly bad shape (with pics) -- please help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Remy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie, can you post some EDS links that talk about the green cream? I can’t seem to find any posts.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
there is nothing wrong with you, when most people smile(even my teenager) they will have some lines, that's natural.stop worrying.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
natefan, small children also have "smile lines" when they smile Smile
do pay attention to them only when they are here when you are not smiling.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I would lay off the retin-a. My gosh you're only 21...and you're already using retin-a...what will you use when you're 31?

I thought retin-a use contributed to the fine lines on my face because it thined out my skin. Might be the same thing for you? Definitely invest in a good collagen building cream tho! That should do the trick...

5% products discount

Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:56 am      Reply with quote
I wouldnt advise you to do facial massages they will only deepen them however you should continue with using Retin A even around the eye area i do that too my skin is smooth around the eye area i used to hate the fine lines that started creeping up on that area.. but Retin A has saved my skin.... then again it depends on your genes.... go slow otherwise Rolling Eyes Very Happy
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Your skin looks normal to me. I have seen an 8 year old with more lines when he smiles. Don't worry. Also as a man, lines help to make you look distinguished. It's the women who worry about every line and wrinkle.
finelinehater
5% products discount

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nate! I had the exact same issue w/ my eyes and smile lines when I turned 24 -- I used ISclinical pro-heal serum and they went away, literally w/in a few weeks. I'm almost 28 now and the eye lines are JUST starting to rear their ugliness again...
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have to add something here. There seems to be the misconception that retin A "thins" the skin. Yes it temporarily makes the epidermis-outer layer, thin, as it has an exfoliating effect. But over time, this normalizes. The dermis actually thickens over time with retin A. Collagen is increased. This can take over 6 months to kick in. With irritation and redness, and peeling, Retin-A takes time before you start seeing results. I would continue using it. There is so much data on Retin A that it's hard to ignore. They even did a study with 2 twins, one who used it for 20 years, and she looked way better than her twin. I think the wrinkles you experience are normal but maybe they are more than usual because your skin has been through the ringer. Pick a few products and give them a year to work. No more chemical peels, unless you choose to go off retin A. Retin A and chemical peels do not go together (i learned that the hard way).
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to add something. Make sure that you don't use emu oil over the retin A. retin A works better if you just use it alone.

Also, I should say that it's true that nothing works for everyone. But It works for many people, and if your skin can tolerate it, i would continue. Skin aging is all about collagen, so make sure that whatever you use boosts collagen. Moisturizers are great but they usually just temprarily puff out lines. If you wanted to use retin A and emu, i would rotate one day emu, one day retin A.

What kind of sunscreen are you using? There are so many bad sunscreens out there. I used one for a whole year that I later found out was not stable and had bad UVA protection. I also wear sunscreen indoors since 90% of UVA rays gets through windows.
natefan87
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
wow! thanks for all the comments...makes me feel better. Anyway, i use Retin A for acne purposes...not necessarily for anti aging reasons although its always good to start early! Smile
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
which sunscrean are you using now anovanovis........and how do you know its not bad as the others in terms of stability etc?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I just went to pull up a picture of my 20 week old daughter smiling to make sure that she also has lines, and she does.

When she smiles hardcore there are lines under her eyes and around the corners of her eyes.

Not as many as I have (i am 24) or as many as you have, but, we are MUCH older. So I would say this is normal.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi simran. Here is a really good site that you can use as a starting point on sunscreen info:

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/special/sunscreens2008/index.php
and
http://www.smartskincare.com/skinprotection/sunblocks/

I used to use a sunscreen with Avobenzone. It was spf 20. This is a really unstable product that degrades quickly under the sun.

Basically to sum it up, UVA protection in US sunscreens is generally poor, compared to sunscreen in Europe. The FDA takes a really long time to approve effective ingredients that have been used Europe for years, under their extremely high safety standards. In Europe sunscreen must have a UVA rating not just UVB like in the US.

The best ingredients in the world for UVA protection are currently Mexoryl and Tinsorb. Harder to find in the US, especially the latter. These ingredients are stable, and also very effective at blocking the UVA spectrum. Some sunscreens do not actually block out all different lengths of UVA light! (there are short waves, long waves, etc).

There are some disadvantages with these ingredients though. Mexoryl can be shiney. It makes my pores look kind of big. I prefer Tinsorb. It is less irritating, and very matt, at least in the sunscreen I use. Rub it in well. It doesn't layer very well if you have several products under it to be honest. But knowing that UVA rays cause 80% of aging to the face, I'm very willing to put up with that.

I use Avene emulsion "very high protection" 50+ or "very high protection" cream 50+. It is in a orange bottle. I order it fromwww.leguidesante.com which is in france. its pretty cheap but shipping is expensive. There are also antioxidants in it. Another good brand to check out besides Avene is La Roche Posay. You can find Avene and L.R.P is the states but honestly the european formulations are generally better. La Roche Posay Canada has some good formulations.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
natefan87 wrote:
Okay, HELP! Im 21 and im obsessed with my skin.

I use retin A and Emu Oil currently and obviously sunscreen during the day.

whats going on here????

u can ttoally see the crinkling up of my skin when i smile, and i think this has to do with thin skin (im not really sure, just a hypothesis since last year i went way crazy with the peels...)

what can i do to fix this?? i cant afford botoz and frankly, at 21 it shouldnt even be a thought.
I think your skin looks just fine. Be advised there is NOTHING on this planet that will get rid of fine lines and wrinkles. I think you have great looking skin.
yyivan
5% products discount

Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Your face looks completely normal to me too - your skin looks good
Banh
5% products discount

Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Those are not wrinkles, just laugh lines, keep on using Retin A would help for sure..
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |