Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Question For Self Tanners
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DStats19
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
as suggested by many of the people here at essentialdayspa I purchased st. tropez instant tan lotion which I plan to use before I go to a party. They say that if you take a hot bath or shower first it will help make the tan look more real. Is this true?

Also, I use skin care products twice a day, once in the morning then in the afternoon or night depending on my schedule. if I apply skin care products after using the instant tan will parts peel off? If so,, in what order should I apply the instant tan and skincare products. And how long does it take for the instant tan to dry in?

Excuse me if all these questions seem irritating but nothing looks worse than a fake tan that others can see is coming off.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Firstly, I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'd never apply fake tan immediately after taking a hot bath or shower. And, for the same reason, I'd never apply it immediately after shaving my legs. This would lead to the pores being opened and I'd imagine that the fake tan would go into the pores, leaving little brown dots on your skin. Also, I think it's best for your skin to be nice and calmed down before applying fake tan, so you get a smoother finish.

When I apply fake tan, I moisturise in the morning, then I apply fake tan before going to bed - only applying moisturiser directly before fake tan application to potential troublespots - such as elbows, knees, feet, hands, wrists and ankles. I wait 15-20 minutes (the waiting time depends on which tan you're using) for it to dry, then climb into bed and go to sleep. The tan develops overnight - so you don't ruin it by wearing tight clothing or sweating as you're doing day-time activities.

I'd never apply any moisturiser until after the tan has developed - otherwise, it will dilute or streak the tan, in the same way that you need to avoid getting your skin wet for a certain number of hours. So, by the next morning, the tan has done its work and you can moisturise again.

Once your tan has developed (usually takes several hours - I'd wait 7 to be really safe), you can moisturise with no problem. Just be careful not to use body oils as I've found that they can rub off fake tan. Body lotions and creams are usually fine.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I use my fake tanner after the shower, but not immediately after. I exfoliate legs (for example) in the shower and then when I get out I apply a normal moisturizer. I go about my business doing my skin care skin, makeup, hair ect. Then before I leave the house I put on my fake tanner and let it soak in really good. Then I get dressed. That way my pores have closed, because I don't think you should be applying with open pores! Then if I have an evening function, I will reapply the tanner to my legs again. That way while I am out, I am getting more benefits. I have found that two light applications are better and work more effectively. Just my two cents. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the advice. hopefully this works out.
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
The secret to achieve success with self tanners is exfoliation. So exfoliating when you shower, then using the self tanner afterwards is an excellent idea.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |