Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

tretinoin/retin-a
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
luckylady
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:48 am      Reply with quote
A year ago my dr prescribed me Tretinoin and it's not as effective with the Obagi I'm using. I want to up my dosage but not wanting to go through the hassle of going to the dr and then paying the high cost.

Does anyone know where I can find it online? I know it's been posted before, but as much as I search, I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance!
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I think alldaychemist.com is one place you can get generic tretinoin. I've bought from them before (at least three times) and had no problems at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Nijey wrote:
I think alldaychemist.com is one place you can get generic tretinoin. I've bought from them before (at least three times) and had no problems at all.

Medsmex.com is another.

PLEASE use a temporary credit card number (such as provided by Citi or via the Paypal Plugin) to avoid credit card theft!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Quite a few people here, including myself, have been ordering generic Retin-A fromwww.alldaychemist.com. I had no problems with ordering from them. There are also many testimonials on MUA from people who are satisfied with this website.

I have read in other threads on EDS' forum that some members have been happy with ordering fromwww.inhousepharmacy.com, as well.

Just stay away fomwww.medsmex.com if you want to avoid credit-card fraud.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:23 am      Reply with quote
OH MY! Thanks, you guys! Nobody wants to go through the trouble of credit card fraud.
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I can't speak highly enough about 4 Corners Pharmacy. I had purchased some medication for my cat from them, and sadly by the time it arrived my baby had passed away.

I was able to return it and got a full refund. No problems at all.

http://www.4cornerspharmacy.com/faq.html
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
LisaAnn, O I'm sorry about your baby. That was kind of them to take back the medication though wasn't it.
bethany, right on, sistah, about credit card theft! thanks for reminding.
(sorry, off topic, I know.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
There was a recent thread on alldaychemist, with several folks reporting that they appreciated their prices and packing, but they may be a bit slow in responding to emails. Also, there is circumstantial evidence that they may be giving email info to spammers (or spamming themselves), so be sure not to use your main email account unless you enjoy being bombarded with offers for erectile dysfunction drugs.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:42 am      Reply with quote
According to an article published earlier this summer, over 60 % of medicines purchased online are fake and could be potentially harmful.

In a study conducted by the European Alliance for Access to Safe Medicines (EAASM) it was disclosed that 70 % of the fake pharmaceutical items seized at EU borders were imported from Asia and Middle East.

The alliance researched over 100 online pharmacies and found that 62 % of the medicines were counterfeit and 95.6 % of the pharmacies were operating illegally.

http://www.ehealtheurope.net/News/3926/online_pharmacies_a_'counterfeiting_superhighway'

Personally, I would not take the risk of buying pills and tablets for internal use from those exotic online pharmacies. Still, I believe that the generic tretinoin creams I bought from alldaychemist.com are fine because it says on the package that they are made in India by Johnson & Johnson and Janssen-Cilag, which is a leading pharmaceutical company.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Can Tazorac and other pharmaceuticals be ordered by All day chemist (or the other companies named,) without a prescription????

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Also....I can't believe the prices of Tazorac?!?
Is that possible that a tube is $5???

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Can Tazorac and other pharmaceuticals be ordered by All day chemist (or the other companies named,) without a prescription????

Yes, you don't need a prescription. You just need to fill out a form with some simple questions about your health when placing your order.

And yes, the prices are almost too good to be true. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
According to an article published earlier this summer, over 60 % of medicines purchased online are fake and could be potentially harmful.

In a study conducted by the European Alliance for Access to Safe Medicines (EAASM) it was disclosed that 70 % of the fake pharmaceutical items seized at EU borders were imported from Asia and Middle East.

The alliance researched over 100 online pharmacies and found that 62 % of the medicines were counterfeit and 95.6 % of the pharmacies were operating illegally.

http://www.ehealtheurope.net/News/3926/online_pharmacies_a_'counterfeiting_superhighway'

Personally, I would not take the risk of buying pills and tablets for internal use from those exotic online pharmacies. Still, I believe that the generic tretinoin creams I bought from alldaychemist.com are fine because it says on the package that they are made in India by Johnson & Johnson and Janssen-Cilag, which is a leading pharmaceutical company.

Hi Septembergirl!
in fact, this is exactly what my husband suggested when he heard that I was going to order retin-A from an online-pharmacy. Shock
He has dissuaded me from this idea and said that I should either get it from a "normal" european pharmacy or forget it, and that the whole concept of online-pharmacies business seemed too fishy to him. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I too have ordered from alldaychemists. I would say their retin a 0.1 gel is one of the best. It makes me peel like no other! Yes their prices are superb but they bump it up with their shipping costs. Still, it works out cheaper than getting it elsewhere.
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
LisaAnn, O I'm sorry about your baby. That was kind of them to take back the medication though wasn't it.

Thank you sweetie. They were great during the whole transaction.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:

Hi
Are your Retin-A's made by Johnson & Johnson and Janssen-Cilag? I've ordered from ADC maybe 2-3 times and all of my Retin-A's are manufactured in India by Shalaks (India).
Also, the Taz is by Gracewell/Glenmark
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:

Hi
Are your Retin-A's made by Johnson & Johnson and Janssen-Cilag? I've ordered from ADC maybe 2-3 times and all of my Retin-A's are manufactured in India by Shalaks (India).
Also, the Taz is by Gracewell/Glenmark

Hello. The tubes of A-Ret gel 0.025 % are manufactured by Shalaks like yours, but the Retino-A cream 0.050 % (which I intend to repurchase) is made by Johnson & Johnson, Janssen-Cilag. I recall that another EDS-woman told that her Retino-A cream 0.025 % from Ads was also made by Janssen-Cilag.

I cannot tell how effective these creams are to combat wrinkles because I have only been using tretinoin gel for six weeks. It might take 12-24 weeks to see anti-aging effects from tretinoin. What results have you achieved, yeahyeah?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Before you make a decision about this, you should consider who and what the source of the "information" is--the European Association for Access to Safe Medicines is a consortium of major international pharmaceutical corporations who lobby national governments and international agencies for greater protection for pharmaceutical patent rights. They also have a major public relations arm that disseminates reports designed to discourage the use of medications other than from Big Pharma.

For example, one of their big campaigns now is against companies buying legitimate, government tested and approved pharmaceuticals in countries like Spain and reselling them in countries like Germany and Britain where drug company markups are much higher than in Spain. There's no honest safety issue here, but there sure is an issue of lost profits.

Notice that the "report" here notes that the seized drugs are what is calls "counterfeit" or not manufactured under patent. Although it hints that patient health is at risk, notice also that nowhere does it show that these so called "counterfeit" drugs are in any way sub-standard or dangerous. That's because they can't--the overwhelming bulk of foreign made drugs are identical to the high priced ones made by Big Pharma--who incidentally make many of their own products now in India!

I have no problem with folks deciding that they prefer to pay the exorbitant prices charged by major pharmaceutical companies for their patented products. I also personally have no problem buying generic drugs manufactured in India. But I do have a big problem with pharmaceutical companies pretending that they are just looking out for the consumer with scary and misleading information about foreign drugs--they also tried to argue that Americans' health would be at risk if we went across the border and bought cheaper Canadian drugs. Really!!! And hiding behind this "alliance" instead of admitting that the report was commissioned by the drug industry? Lame...
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft.
Thank you for the information. The study about counterfeit medicines from The European Association for Access to safe medicines has been reported in a couple of reputable magazines in Europe, but I am sure you have some good points here about the pharmaceutical industry attempting to maintain a drug monopoly. Of course there are huge economic interests involved in scaring people away from buying cheaper drugs online from exotic countries.

On the other hand, it should not be breaking news that many online pharmacies are fishy business. On their website, FDA warns consumers about counterfeit drugs from multiple Internet sellers.

Many of the online pharmacies are obviously operating illegally by a) selling prescription strength products without requiring a prescription, b) marking packages with wrong contents to get them through customs, c) bombarding their customers with 20-30 spams about vi*gra per day when you have done business with them.

My take on this is that I want to be sure that the creams I order online contain real tretinoin. I believe that I get the real thing from ADC, but I find it hard to trust many of these pharmacies 100 %. I think it's great that we can share our experiences with the online pharmacy business on this forum to get to know which of the pharmacies that offer good quality tretinoin creams, and which ones to stay away from.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
You're right, Septembergirl, that this "report" has been reported on in an number of magazine sources, which is an example of what bugs me about modern journalism--they're either too lazy or too compliant to check on the sources they use. And this group is by no means the only industry group masquerading as an independent "consumer protection" organization. As I recall, the tobacco industry was the first to adopt this tactic. I blame the media for swallowing hook, line, and sinker any slickly packaged public relations "report" that is sent to them, leaving us the consumers to do our own research as to the veracity of the information.

You make a good point about the fishiness of a lot of on-line pharmacies. As a consumer, we need to know about the companies that manufacture the products we buy as well as about the retailers that sell them. And, as you pointed out, many of the retailers have extremely questionable practices. I'm pretty comfortable about the products themselves, but I'm more skeptical about the integrity of some of the online pharmacies and their spamming and credit card fraud practices. That's why this forum is so very helpful--by highlighting good companies and warning us about the not-so-good ones.

One final point: policies on what drugs need prescriptions varies a lot by country. I'm confortable when I'm in Turkey and get an urinary tract infection going to a drug store and getting a sulfa drug without a prescription there even though in the US I'd need one, because I recognize the symptoms and have taken sulfa drugs before without a problem. And I'd be comfortable getting Retin A without a prescription (though I don't use it because I don't tolerate it) because I think I know as much (or more!) than a lot of doctors do about its appropriate use. But I cringe when I see cancer chemotherapy drugs available without prescription online. Not because I necessarily think that the drug is not effective, but because I worry about someone self-medicating for a deadly disease without a doctor's prescription.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Also, there is circumstantial evidence that they may be giving email info to spammers (or spamming themselves), so be sure not to use your main email account unless you enjoy being bombarded with offers for erectile dysfunction drugs.

No joke!!! I have been beseiged with spam since I ordered from alldaychemist...at least 10 (or more per day). Mad Mad Mad

Editing to add: I just went into my alldaychemist account and changed my email to a spam bucket one I use. We'll see if it does any good (at last for future sharing with other spammers Rolling Eyes )

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yes to the SPAM - really disgusting - Omg - I'm hoping it will stop soon. I may have to change my email too - let us know if it works out Bethany.

FYI - I've ordered a Rx drug from ADC due to expense and inconvenience of getting it prescribed here - (A drug I've used most of my life) and it was cheaper and also effective.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

FYI - I've ordered a Rx drug from ADC due to expense and inconvenience of getting it prescribed here - (A drug I've used most of my life) and it was cheaper and also effective.

Same here....I sure hope it's authentic! Embarassed

5% products discount

Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi All,
I'm been using Retin A for my acne problems, and it really works. However, i couldnot get rid of the redness on my face where i applied the cream. Can anyone recommend any creams or method i can reduce the redness on my face? My face color is dull, with some redness. What if i continously apply Retin A, will it helps to reduce the previous scar? I was thinking to reduce the application intervally, but yet worry my acne problem will come back. Please advise.
Thanks. Smile
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:06 am      Reply with quote
magic_girl wrote:
Hi All,
I'm been using Retin A for my acne problems, and it really works. However, i couldnot get rid of the redness on my face where i applied the cream. Can anyone recommend any creams or method i can reduce the redness on my face? My face color is dull, with some redness. What if i continously apply Retin A, will it helps to reduce the previous scar? I was thinking to reduce the application intervally, but yet worry my acne problem will come back. Please advise.
Thanks. Smile

Hi, magic_girl. In order to relieve facial redness, you may need to cut back on the frequency of Retin-A use. If you gradually reduce the frequency of applications, you will hopefully find the right level, where you keep your acne at bay without having to deal with facial redness.

There are several creams on the market with anti-inflammatory ingredients that claim to relieve redness. You can look into Eucerin, La Roche Posay and Clinique.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |