Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Seek for successful cases for curing skin problems
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Please share your successful cases on curing below skin problems, so other victims can take it as reference.. or at least get some relieves.

Skin problems:
uneven skin tones
pimple
acne marks
sensitives skin
always have red bumps after a day makeup
acne scar
dry but oily skin
wrinkles
dark circle
under eye wrinke

Please suggest what skin care you use, what's the skin care regime, or the diet...etc..which enable you to succeed!!

For me I am 28 and I suffer all above mentions but still cannot find a way to cure.

Now I am using Bicelle (for asian), the same founder of skin ceutical..
1. Victimin C + whitening serum
2. phyto C whitening serum
3. B+ gel
At the very beginning, my skin seems more smooth and shine more, but one month after, red bumps come out continuously.

at present I am trying "DR H cleansing clean and Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant after reading the comments here...and will report later since just start!!

Thanks!!!!
julesee
5% products discount

Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi I'm a Dr H fan, keep up the cleansing cream and look to other Dr H products instead of the dermalogica. Dr H is all about the skin healing itself and not using scrubs. This is achieved by looking after the acid mantle(top layer of skin, dead skin) preserve this layer of skin and nurture underneath (alive) layer. Then the cells underneath you acid mantle are pampered and not rushed on their journey to reach the top layer and replace the dead skin. After a while your skin will be glowing and alive if you follow the Hauschka routine.

I've got very similar skin to yours and I've tried..... dermalogica, matiz, jurlique, eve lom, boots no7, and nothing compares to the Hauschka routine, AT ALL!!!

I love talking about Dr Hauschka so let me know what you think. Smile

5% products discount

Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:25 am      Reply with quote
In fact let me know if you want to know what i use. There are products for all sorts of problems, acne marks etc and reducing pore size. I've done my facial steam bath and cleansing clay mask just this morning. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:36 am      Reply with quote
HI julesee Very Happy
Would you share what you use and the regime?

Actually I not that know how to use Dr. H cleansing cream, the instruction is "press and roll" but do not "rub" but i dunno how to be "roll but not rub" Would you also suggest??

So how long you use Dr. H to get your improvement?

THXXXXX!!! Razz
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:18 am      Reply with quote
evenet wrote:
HI julesee Very Happy
Would you share what you use and the regime?

Actually I not that know how to use Dr. H cleansing cream, the instruction is "press and roll" but do not "rub" but i dunno how to be "roll but not rub" Would you also suggest??

So how long you use Dr. H to get your improvement?

THXXXXX!!! Razz
\

I know this sounds so silly, because i don't even like this stuff for myself. But a friend of mine had the same type of skin you do until she tried proactive. Maybe you should see a dermatologist though first because your skin sounds more like it needs work (as far as removing acne scars that is). And you don't want to mess with it, and use the wrong things. Honestly, talk to a derm.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Oh thats another one i've tried proactiv. I just felt wrong usimg it because its so full of rubbish. Also it made my skin look a bit like plastic, not like real skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with cortigirl, see a derm for an evaluation.
You could have some allergies/sensitivities to makeup as well? Maybe something in your diet? Some medication you take? Hard to say but an MD could look at the whole picture for you. Hope this helps!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
evenet wrote:
Skin problems:
uneven skin tones
pimple
acne marks
sensitives skin
acne scar
dry but oily skin
wrinkles
dark circle
under eye wrinkles

Truthfully, that's a lot to address in just one discussion thread. I would use the EDS search function and see what you find re: different problems.

Also, I do think it's worthwhile to see a good aesthetician (who is not all about sales and pushing products) and/or dermatologist even if just once and getting a professional opinion specific to your particular skin. I went once and got some useful feedback on what I was "doing right" and "doing wrong" for my skin. I totally changed my skin routine after that one visit!

5% products discount

Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:06 am      Reply with quote
I've used Dr Hauschka for nearly a year, around 10 months, and I feel that my skin isn't suffering anymore.
You asked what I use so here goes
AM
c.cream.
facial toner
moisturising day cream

PM
c.milk
c.cream
facial toner

and that's it. I do use the cleansing clay mask, but I read somewhere that you don't like that, but it has good benefits, so if you own a tub of it persevere.

With the cleansing cream, you must warm your face up first (not red hot) but so your skin feels warm. Then put the c.cream into your palm or fingertips, add a tiny bit of water. Starting at your forehead and working down your face you start the press and roll action. To do this place both hands on your face (one each side) follow a smooth action and from your little finger to index finger, , apply medium-firm pressure and press and roll your hands out. This way you are deeply cleansing but not scrubbing away that acid mantle I talked about earlier.

I must admit when I first tried it I thought "what a load of old rubbish, that is never gonna clean my skin" but I was wrong!

Anyway that's it, I do agree with the other ladies, tell you doctor you want to see a dermatologist. But mu advice, for what its worth is, treat your skin gently and do as little to it as you can..... keep it simple and no scrubbing!

For the make up thing make sure it is non-comedogenic (I think thats how you spell it) this means it won't clog you pores. Good luck, I'm not being bossy, its just i've been there myself!
Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
I saw a derm recently for the "blogged skin". And then I use the set of skincare he gave me. My skin get red, painful ,my skin peeled off awfully. I recovered within a month time.

However, one month after, the problems appear again so I am not willing to repeating that painful procedure!! Sad
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I am still trying to work out answers to some of the issues you mention so unfortunately cannot help much there but did want to mention that your makeup may be worth looking at - especially as you mentioned your skin always gets red bumps after makeup.

I know Dr H do one but it may be worth looking at the natural mineral makeups - I use Bare Escentuals but you can search the threads here for MMU (mineral makeup). This way you are putting something good on your skin rather than a whole lot of chemicals and fragrances which is in regular makeup and really clogs the pores up.

Diet definitely also makes a difference (one of the things I am trying at the moment) and drink LOTS of water Smile

Also a question to julesee - I was looking at your regime and wondered if you exfoliate - or do you just do the mask? I am just curious as I am trying to work out what I should be doing with my skin and I really like the idea of simple, gentle regimes maybe I am doing too much!
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your suggestion!!

julesee , it's the second time I use Dr H cleansing cream, again, I found breakout after cleansing...is ti normal...and should I continue using it??

And Julesee, what kind of skin you have??I really want to try ur regime, since I quite like Dr. H, however the cleansing clean and the clay mask (skin turn very yellowish after wash)also make me a bit disappointed. I worried it may not suit my skin.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
evenet wrote:
I saw a derm recently for the "blogged skin". And then I use the set of skincare he gave me. My skin get red, painful ,my skin peeled off awfully. I recovered within a month time.

However, one month after, the problems appear again so I am not willing to repeating that painful procedure!! Sad

What was the painful procedure you are referring to?

Maybe you should stick to the skincare the dermatologist gave you?

Are you doing the same skin care as previous to the dermatologist visit?

5% products discount

Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Evenet, ok my skin type. When I was in my teens the problems started. I had lots of pimple type spots (lots) whitehead spots and blackheads started to appear...... not a pretty sight! This lasted all through my teenage years until I was about 20ish. By then it was still bad but wasn't quite so severe, but still i had lots of regular breakouts on my cheeks, chin, forehead and under my jawline/neck area.

This was right up until i really started being careful about what I put on my skin. This has left me with lots of little scars, almost like pink freckles under my skin and large open pores on my forhead, nose and partly my cheeks.

Now i'm 35yrs old and my main concern is trying to close my open pores, which Dr H c.cream does very well if it is used properly. I have very few breakouts, and i mean just one spot, maybe. I wouldn't change.

Before I discovered Dr Hauschka I thought I was allergic to perfume and so i tried to avoid it by going fragrance free, but this didn't help. EVERYTHING that I have used before DR Hauschka, has not helped fully. Nothing before has got rid of the shiney look to my face, except Dr H (thats why I stuck with it in the early days of discovering it).

I did have a few more breakouts when I first started using it, but as i said, I was so pleased with my non-shiney nose etc, I stuck it out (and by the way it didn't dry my face out either). I suppose it could be the skin releasing the toxins and the hauscka regime balances your skin and heals it, maybe it goes through a process of ridding the rubbish first.

If you want to give it a go, I can't say strongly enough, to stick to Dr H only and don't mix product ranges.... at least not until you are happy, really happy with your skin, otherwise how can you tell which product is doing good/bad etc. I would check out their website, get the telephone number and give them a call, they are lovely and really helpful. Ask them to send you out on of their catalogues as well because it has some great skin care advice in there!

Hope this helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
The best cure for stubborn pimples is hydrate, and get a prescription for an antibiotic acne treatment.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
evenet wrote:

What was the painful procedure you are referring to?

Maybe you should stick to the skincare the dermatologist gave you?

Are you doing the same skin care as previous to the dermatologist visit?

Hello! The painful procedure of applying the cream my dermatologist gave me. The face get red, skin peeled off, very painful and ugly to job place. And then about a month time, my problems solved, blogged pore problem solved.
Happy for it for a while. A month later, problems repeat and I just hate to repeat that cycle!!!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:03 am      Reply with quote
evenet wrote:
Hello! The painful procedure of applying the cream my dermatologist gave me. The face get red, skin peeled off, very painful and ugly to job place. And then about a month time, my problems solved, blogged pore problem solved.

Happy for it for a while. A month later, problems repeat and I just hate to repeat that cycle!!!

Well, have you changed your skin care since before going to the dermatologist? - if not, you'll probably get the same results ... something is clogging your pores, do some detective work...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I hate to be the one that always brings up Obagi but it really did help with my acne scaring, cystic acne, freckles and sun spots.

Obviously the results didn't last but still it worked. Right now I do have a prescription for an antibiotic acne cream but I find it's really damaging cuz it just seems to spread the blocked pores or makes my face dry in the patches that I use it!

I went thru a very weird period with oily skin and since I didn't stop my normal routine, it created a lot of cystic acne that I'm still trying to get over. Now the weird period is gone, my skin is back to normal and I'm using my dermatologist's own line of products to help with the freckles again...darn summer sun!

You might want to double check what type of vitamin C you're using. That could be the culprit (I know it was for me) There are also some ingredients in whitening products that are acids and you may have a sensitivity to them with long term use.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
My two cents:

I guess you'd better catalog your facial problems in 4 different fields: acne, wrinkles, eyes and skin tone. Actually you can treat acne,and eyes together, leave the wrinkle problem later-after you fix the acne problem. But skin tone perhaps can only depend on foundation, or B.B cream.

I strongly suggest Dr.H for your acne and acne scar, their products are amazing, at least to me. I'd suffered acne more than 15 years, started to use its day oil specific for oily skin (you can go to check out its accurate name, they have a kit for oily skin, I tried that first)this spring, right now I only got a few acnes back when during period, and the acne scares paled a lot--almost a clear face now. Dr.H owns another amazing product--rhythm water, one of them is specifically designed for sensitive skin. It helps to adjust your oily but inner dry skin.

About eye problems, better sleep might be best method, but some skincare products do work. For black circles, you can choose something containing antioxidants, or coffin directly. For under eye wrinkle, my friends told me that we almost could do nothing for it, but some on-line posters said La Mer did work. I don't have that problem, neither enough greenbacks, can't give you my testimony. Nevertheless, if it works to under eye wrinkle it's supposed to work on any kind of wrinkle. No hurts to try.

Good luck

Vero

[quote="evenet"]Please share your successful cases on curing below skin problems, so other victims can take it as reference.. or at least get some relieves.

Skin problems:
uneven skin tones
pimple
acne marks
sensitives skin
acne scar
dry but oily skin
wrinkles
dark circle
under eye wrinke

Please suggest what skin care you use, what's the skin care regime, or the diet...etc..which enable you to succeed!!

For me I am 28 and I suffer all above mentions but still cannot find a way to cure.

Now I am using Bicelle (for asian), the same founder of skin ceutical..
1. Victimin C + whitening serum
2. phyto C whitening serum
3. B+ gel
At the very beginning, my skin seems more smooth and shine more, but one month after, red bumps come out continuously.

at present I am trying "DR H cleansing clean and Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant after reading the comments here...and will report later since just start!!

Thanks!!!![/quote]

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi veronia & Kareberry*
would you share more of your Dr. H /Obagi regimen for winning the skin problem??

Thanks!!
julesee
5% products discount

Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Evenet why don't you go and see a Dr H esthetician, as nobody on here can really tell you which products to use without seeing your skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
That is an excellent point julesee. If you go and speak to Dr H they will be able to tell you exactly what you need, on top of this sometimes we get our own skin typing wrong. For me I have only just discovered that my skin is not the combo/ oily skin I thought I had - it is actually sensitive. Sometimes you only cost yourself further wasted money buying the wrong products....
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Obagi for more than 3 years.
My skin got these problems before I used Obagi:

uneven skin tones
freckles (not very serious)
acne scar (very little)
dark circles
under eye wrinkles

Now, I still have dark circles. But other problems were much much improved. Very Happy
tiffanyw16
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Kareberry* wrote:
I hate to be the one that always brings up Obagi but it really did help with my acne scaring, cystic acne, freckles and sun spots.

Obviously the results didn't last but still it worked. Right now I do have a prescription for an antibiotic acne cream but I find it's really damaging cuz it just seems to spread the blocked pores or makes my face dry in the patches that I use it!

I went thru a very weird period with oily skin and since I didn't stop my normal routine, it created a lot of cystic acne that I'm still trying to get over. Now the weird period is gone, my skin is back to normal and I'm using my dermatologist's own line of products to help with the freckles again...darn summer sun!

You might want to double check what type of vitamin C you're using. That could be the culprit (I know it was for me) There are also some ingredients in whitening products that are acids and you may have a sensitivity to them with long term use.

What Obagi regimen did you use?? THANKS
tiffanyw16
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:12 am      Reply with quote
chorally wrote:
I have been using Obagi for more than 3 years.
My skin got these problems before I used Obagi:

uneven skin tones
freckles (not very serious)
acne scar (very little)
dark circles
under eye wrinkles

Now, I still have dark circles. But other problems were much much improved. Very Happy

Hi! Would you mind sharing your Obagi regimen?? I just bought the C line but it seems everyone is referring to the NuDerm line?? I have the same problems that you list.... THANKS
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |