Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
FINACEA findings~ please read
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone else experiencing balling up when applying ss/moisturiser after Finacea?
Also, I know that bergquis uses Finacea twice a day, but if using it once a day, when is it likely that I will see results?

Thanks Smile
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I think it's very variable how soon you will see results. Depends on the individual, again. You should be able to see results with once daily application. Should be within the first two weeks for most people, some even within days. But some people take up to 5 weeks or so. You can do a board search under Skincare board on makeupalley and read people's experiences.

And yes, I did have some balling of the sunblock on the first few days I used it. But I think that might be some exfoliation effect, because some of my pores got unclogged after that. After a few days, it's less noticeable.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks m1rox. I've already read MUA product reviews and board searches before using the Finacea Wink but there werent that many reviews on Finacea as compared to Retin-A. And maybe cos I've been using Retin-A for 6months so any improvements Finacea has wouldnt be as noticeable.
I've just googled Finacea and on some other boards, I've read that you longer the waiting time between applying Finacea and ss/moisturiser reduces balling up, so I might try to wait a bit longer.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Can someone advise the order of application if you are using Vit. C in the a.m and Renova in the p.m., when do you use the finacea? If you use it 2X daily, where does it fit in around the vit. C and the Renova?
Any help would be great!
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
If you are using Vit. C in serum form (e.g. Skinceuticals, Vivier), apply vit. C first wait abt 10 mins, then the Finacea. If it's anhydrous vit. C (e.g. Skinmedica), apply Finacea first wait 10 to 15 mins, then the Skinmedica.

I personally wouldn't use Finacea together with Renova in the same application session, I don't think my skin can take it. Also, I'm not sure if applying these together might lessen the effect of the individual products. But if you are going to try it, Renova should be applied first, wait 1 hour, then apply Finacea.

Take note, your skin may get "receptor overload" (i.e. too many actives applied simultaneously). If it starts to look dry, dull and tired, please back off and alternate your actives, e.g. alternate days vit. C, alternate nights renova, Finacea on the days/nights off.

yeahyeah: Good point about longer waiting time between Finacea and the sunblock. I wait about 15 mins for the tingle to subside.
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Bergquis! How are things going for you with the Finacea?!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I ordered some and am going to give it a try as well. With my sensitive skin, who knows!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for asking how things are going! Things are going so beautiful, I almost hate to post in fear of jinxing it. When I first started using it (August 14th), I saw almost immediate improvement, better than any other results I have seen from any, I mean ANY other products I have tried. I was still experiencing some clogged pores here and then and some breakouts. I had heard that it will only get better as weeks go on, expect to see better results at the 4-6 week mark. I was thinking, no way...this is probably as good as it gets. But wait, NO...I am still seeing results! I have less, I mean LESS clogged pores. I look in my 10X mirror and maybe see one a week, if that. I have a couple (small small) red dots, not really zit like, but if I leave them alone...they just disappear. It could be that it is T.o.m. also! I am using Peter Thomas Roth 3% glycolic acid wash morning and evening..and the Finacea, keeps my skin moisturized, and I use that morning and night as well. I am so pleased, I can not even begin to tell you guys. I don't really understand why Finacea is working as well as it is, when I have tried so, so many products with no luck! Now please keep your fingers crossed for me, and go get yourself some FINACEA! I hope it works for you!

Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
Actually, I am not so sure that the breakouts on Finacea are acne or some sort of reaction to the product. If you are a member of makeupalley, you can view one of their threads on someone who had a reaction to Finacea:
http://www.makeupalley.com/m_82075089

But so far, most of the feedback has been positive.

Your plan sounds good.

In case anyone with asthma is thinking of using Finacea, just an FYI that I was talking to a friend of mine last night who had started using Finacea but had experienced a worsening in her asthma and so unfortunately had to discontinue with it. I am not sure how common her reaction is for asthma sufferers but probably better to be aware just in case.

Finacea Side Effects
Finacea side effects, that may go away during treatment, include burning, stinging, tingling, or itching skin. Rarely, excessive facial hair growth may occur. If any of Finacea side effects continue or are bothersome, check with your doctor. CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you experience Finacea side effects like unusual changes in skin color (hypopigmentation). Those with darker skin may notice Finacea side effects like lightening of their skin. CONTACT YOU DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY if you experience Finacea side effects like worsening of cold sores or fever blisters (oral herpes), or a worsening in asthma symptoms (e.g., increased trouble breathing or increased use of quick-relief inhalers). Finacea side effects are unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if Finacea side effects occur. Symptoms of Finacea side effects include rash, persistent itching, swelling, dizziness, trouble breathing. If you notice other Finacea side effects not listed above, contact your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.
http://www.canadadrugsonline.com/DrugMoreInfo2544.aspx
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Finacea Side Effects
Finacea side effects, that may go away during treatment, include burning, stinging, tingling, or itching skin. Rarely, excessive facial hair growth may occur. If any of Finacea side effects continue or are bothersome, check with your doctor. CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you experience Finacea side effects like unusual changes in skin color (hypopigmentation). Those with darker skin may notice Finacea side effects like lightening of their skin. CONTACT YOU DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY if you experience Finacea side effects like worsening of cold sores or fever blisters (oral herpes), or a worsening in asthma symptoms (e.g., increased trouble breathing or increased use of quick-relief inhalers). Finacea side effects are unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if Finacea side effects occur. Symptoms of Finacea side effects include rash, persistent itching, swelling, dizziness, trouble breathing. If you notice other Finacea side effects not listed above, contact your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.

In the beginning I did experience some itching right after application, I even waited 20 minutes (and still do) to make sure my skin is really dry before applying. The itching I experienced, others have experienced as well. It was nothing that drove me crazy, a few minutes and it was gone...even with that said, I would tolerate the itching, to have clear skin. Now that I have been using it for almost a month, I experience NO itching at all. I still wait 15-20 minutes, but I do not have any now. I heard that you get where your skin will not itch once you have been using it for a while. I can not speak of other breathing situations, since I am not plagued with it. I think it as something to do with the fact that Azelaic acid is wheat based. I do not have allergies like that, but I am sure some do. I would say though, you would know right away and you could discontinue use if that happened. One last note, I would guess that people with darker skin could experience lighter skin conditions, since I will tell you that it has made my skin lighter in appearance, but I am already really pale, so nothing that really affects me. It does light hyperpigmentation, and acne scars, like no tomorrow. I had both on the sides of my cheeks, and you would not know it looking at my skin today. And I think about the fact that my derm told me I would have to have serious laser work done to undue these scarring. NOT

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
That's great bergquis!!!

My pores are still clogged daily. Now the clogs are not only on my T zone but spreading outward on to my cheeks, some of which are blackheads. I don't know what to do anymore.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Bergquis, I'm so happy for you, getting these great results! Very Happy And I have to live vicariously through you because my derm appointment isn't until next week!

Bergquis, are you noticing less oiliness? For that alone I'd be thrilled and willing to put up with itching and tingles.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
zephyr
Bergquis, I'm so happy for you, getting these great results! And I have to live vicariously through you because my derm appointment isn't until next week!

Bergquis, are you noticing less oiliness? For that alone I'd be thrilled and willing to put up with itching and tingles.

Thank you! I can not tell you have very thrilled I am. I should have told you all the oilness? What oiliness. I want to run my hands all over my face, morning, noon and night I have NO oil. How is that possible for my skin?? I wake up in my morning and my skin is not shiny, not greasy nothing. I do not have to blot half way through the day either. YIPPEE. Also, since I have been having such wonderful luck with my skin, I started wearing a little face powder too! Something that I was so scared to do in the past because I would come home with clogged pores, breakouts etc, and I was convinced it was the powders, or dabs of blush. NOT...my skin is behaving to well, I feel so confident. So let me let you in on one more thing, I ordered some Finacea off of a website recommended here, it did take a while to get..almost two and half weeks, but the tube was the same size I get from the pharmacy, and my insurance co-pay on the Finacea is $35.00. I only paid $24.00 from the website and that was shipping too! Cheaper to order out of the country!! How sad is that? But don't get me started. So yes...NO NO NO More oil!!! (I am going to jinx it, I just know it.) Shhh

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that's awesome!
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Finacea for a bit over a week and I am already seeing results as well. My acne marks are fading and no new pimples at all. I can't wait to see more results as time passes!

I am getting a bit dry, so I am only doing it once a day and I am moisturizing a lot with argan oil and Korres yogurt cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
The itching seems to get less the longer you use it. But for those first-time users, please be aware of it so that you don't panic. Because the itch can be quite intense and you might immediately think that it's doing damage to your skin but it's the side effect of Finacea.

Before all the others get excited, I must add a caution. There were so many raves about Finacea on the makeupalley board that lots of people jumped on the band wagon. But a few did not do well with it, got more break outs and cystic lesions. So it seems like it might not suit everyone. One poor girl had her skin wrecked a few weeks before her wedding too. The moral of this is: don't start new skin treatments close to an important event in case it does not turn out well for you. Not even doctors can guarantee you good results with all their knowledge and medications because at the end of the day, it depends on the individual's own skin.
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, you guys, you're killing me! I won't know how to behave if I don't have to blot my face every hour! And not to have to buy out the entire rack of blotting tissues at the drugstore and Ulta every two months, so I can put them everywhere - purses, car, dressing table, you name the place - the sales help will wonder what's going on!

Okay. Trying to remain calm here. I will be sensible and keep my expectations under control. I don't know how my skin will react to Finacea yet. Measured breaths.

That's great, bergquis!!! We will keep pulling for you and everyone else having success with Finacea - no jinx! And thank you for the tip on copays. I think our copay is a little lower on scripts - $20 or so. I can't imagine why my derm wouldn't prescribe Finacea for me; she's always willing to go let me try things. But if for some reason she won't, I'll order online, too.

Mlrox, thanks for the caution, that's good to bring up. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just read that people who are sensitive to PROPYLENE GLYCOL shouldn't use the Finacea gel is it is an ingredient in the base. Also people with asthma should use it with caution because it has been reported to aggravate asthma.
MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Retin-A is still my no. 1 antidote for acne!!! Laughing
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am excited for you as well zephyr. I know many people are posting what they know about warnings, which is wonderful. I think it is all good stuff to know if you are going to try something new. For me, I will tell you that my skin is not sensitive at all, and does not really react poorly to most things I have put on my skin, except maybe poorly as in "breakouts". Finacea did not make me purge, I did not experience breakouts, oily skin NOTHING! It was so gentle and actually makes my skin soft, I don't use moisturizer any longer. I know people have reported that it dries their skin out. So not everyone is the same. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it works as good for you as it does me. Sounds like your co-payment situation will be the way to go, plus you will not have to wait for it to show up in the mail. The is the only downfall. Please keep us posted. And be PATIENT, I got good results in the beginning (first week), but so much better each day that goes on.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. Thanks to Bergquis enthusiastic review I decided to give azelaic acid another go. I went to my doctor over a year ago and he told me that there was no such thing as Finacea in Canada so he wrote me a prescription for a 15% azelaic gel and a local pharmacy compounded it for me. Only problem was that they used an alcohol base that just sucked every ounce of moisture out of my skin so I had to quit using it after a few days. When I went to my doctor this time I had him specifically request a water base. Anyway I have been using it since Saturday and have noticed an incredible improvement already. My skin was super oily (oily all over withing a 1/2 hour after washing) and a couple of new pimples a day. I have been using Tazorac for the past year which helped a great deal with the breakouts but seemed to make my skin oilier - I would blot every half hour - it was that bad. What I've found after starting the azelaic acid is that I've only had two new pimples since Saturday - usually I'd have 8 to 10 new ones in that time. But what I really love is that my skin is about 1/10 as oily as it usually is and seems to be getting less oily everyday!. I wish I knew about this stuff years ago. I'm 43 and have had bad skin since I was 12. Beter late than never! Zephyr I think your going to love this stuff!
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh doodles I am so happy for you! I can not take total credit, others have lead me down this road of success. And if you are experiencing such great results already, I am sure it will only get better. For me, I thought that was not possible...but it was. I am getting so many compliments on my skin now, something I have never received except when I was in high school (I had beautiful skin in HS). Everyone is asking me what I am doing differently, when I tell them..they have never heard of Finacea. Is it the best kept secret out there? I know my three derms (well count my newest one) never said anything about it, I asked my newest one and he said "sure" I will write you a prescription. I just want to be clear on something...it is not the cure all end all miracl. I still get a blemish here or there, right now for me I am finding it is during the t.o.m. When people used to tell me they would get breakouts at that time of month, I would chuckle, because I had them ALL THE TIME, so how would I know if it was any different then, then any other day...NOW I understand. I am loving it. Keep the great news coming, and those that are trying it, please continue to post your success storied. I am so very happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh doodles I am so happy for you! I can not take total credit, others have lead me down this road of success. And if you are experiencing such great results already, I am sure it will only get better. For me, I thought that was not possible...but it was. I am getting so many compliments on my skin now, something I have never received except when I was in high school (I had beautiful skin in HS). Everyone is asking me what I am doing differently, when I tell them..they have never heard of Finacea. Is it the best kept secret out there? I know my three derms (well count my newest one) never said anything about it, I asked my newest one and he said "sure" I will write you a prescription. I just want to be clear on something...it is not the cure all end all miracle. I still get a blemish here or there, right now for me I am finding it is during the t.o.m. When people used to tell me they would get breakouts at that time of month, I would chuckle, because I had them ALL THE TIME, so how would I know if it was any different then, then any other day...NOW I understand. I am loving it. Keep the great news coming, and those that are trying it, please continue to post your success storied. I am so very happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the kind words bergquis! I have my fingers crossed that things will continue to get better as time goes by. Having way less oil to deal with is SO nice. The only other time that I can remember not having oily skin was while I was on accutane - didn't last. Will keep you posted.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Are people using the finacea gel or the cream?
I'm going to go this weekend to my clinic to see if my Dr. will prescribe, if not I must order online Sad
what is the best website to order it from?
Thanks!!!!
CG
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |