Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
proof that retin a really works for wrinkles!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Took home a friend of the family today and she was 98 and she looked really good! I asked her what her secret was.She is light skin, blonde hair,you know the kind that wrinkles easily but her face did not have many wrinkles at all.She told me it was retin A and for many many years she used it daily!She did say though it was hard for her to getit when she turned 90 because drs will not prescribe it to anyone over 90 because it thins the skin and can cause you to bleed. She does still use a retinol cream.So there you have it....using retin A for years and years will keep you looking young when you are 100!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:43 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing this sweet, little story. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
that`s impressive!! thank you for sharing, Lucyluc! Smile
what retinol cream is she using?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:19 am      Reply with quote
It is too funny that I just read this post...Just lastnight I was thinking how much my skin has improved versus 3-4 years ago. I thought one of the reasons may be that I've been using tazorac for 3 years. Laughing
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
right now I think she is using Avene ystheal cream, you can get it at a drug store like longs or the net,its a retinol cream and she loves it.Honestly for being almost 100 I thought she was maybe an attractive 70.(no age spots on face either)
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:40 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
right now I think she is using Avene ystheal cream, you can get it at a drug store like longs or the net,its a retinol cream and she loves it.Honestly for being almost 100 I thought she was maybe an attractive 70.(no age spots on face either)

thank you lucyluc! Smile
I`m using now Avene Eluage after trying Avene Estheal and Diacneal, the Eluage one has the benefit of added hyaluronic acid that is claimed to work synergetically with the retinaldehyde.
but what I `d like to know - if I`ve never had any flakies either from Estheal or Diacneal or Eluage - are they not working for me? or is it possible for a retin product to work without causing flaking skin??? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard it can still work without flaking or at least visible flaking.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I have heard it can still work without flaking or at least visible flaking.

I really hope so! Pray

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |